Micro 1071: MafiaInFreezer v2023 (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:32 am

Post by catboi »

In post 523, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: anyway, i don't want to kill notty today anymore, sadly.

there's been enough apathy and very little time left that this new apathy string doesn't feel like it saves him so i wonder
then who are you looking at
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:35 am

Post by Syryana »

Man, this was not what I was expecting. This is like 2014 notty instead of 2023 notty. Where's the Cobra Kai?
In post 514, catboi wrote: I'm gonna be honest I looked at that notty post and my first instinct was "antispew". I try to avoid saying that because it's really not nice to say about someone when it's incorrect, but. Feels like beyond phoning it in it's refusing to commit to anything meaningful which I'd associae with not wanting to give anything away

Sadly I agree with you in that it was the first thing that I thought when I read it. The more I think about it the more I'm starting to get deja vu from yesterday though.

In post 519, notscience wrote: I told you coming into today I expected to die in karmic retribution lol

I think clearing me off the board keeps me from being a marci tomorrow so logistically, yeah, I think it makes sense

If you're town here dude work with me here. Forget about the lolhammer, we all do dumb shit from time to time, it happened, let's do something about it.

UNVOTE:
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:35 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 525, catboi wrote:
In post 523, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: anyway, i don't want to kill notty today anymore, sadly.

there's been enough apathy and very little time left that this new apathy string doesn't feel like it saves him so i wonder
Syr You or Kilga
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:38 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 488, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: yes I'm fucking with you, i don't know what elements of her play you consider suspicious here. i know i'm making you do more work than i otherwise usually would but treat me like i'm barely holding on this game lol
Per , I think Ydrasse is a wolf for repeatedly refusing to explain why she has the suspicions/thought processes she has posted. Given and have since followed, I suppose this could be modified to "I think Ydrasse is a wolf for being exceedingly vague, to the point of total unhelpfulness, as to why she has the suspicions/thought processes she has posted." is the primary post here from me, if you're looking for a starting point; the questions in that post either were answered with what boils down to "gut, sorry" or not answered at all. I can get into the weeds of why "being exceedingly vague, to the point of total unhelpfulness, as to why one has the suspicions/thought processes one has posted" is Wolf Behavior, but that's largely theorycraft that I don't really want to have to clog the thread with if I can avoid it.

Given there are less than 36 hours remaining before deadline, I suppose I should say that, while I would prefer Ydrasse get chucked off the island, I would be willing to compromise on catboi. I'm not really interested in booting !science - I feel the emotion shown throughout the day is genuine - and would only vote that way if necessary to avoid ending the day without an elimination.
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:39 am

Post by Syryana »

Kilga what do you think of
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:40 am

Post by catboi »

In post 527, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

Syr You or Kilga
i really think syr is playing his town game here
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:42 am

In post 530, catboi wrote:

Syr You or Kilga
yeah?

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:47 am

Post by notscience »

He sounds more awkward as scum
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:47 am

Post by catboi »

In post 528, Kilgamayan wrote:
In post 488, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: yes I'm fucking with you, i don't know what elements of her play you consider suspicious here. i know i'm making you do more work than i otherwise usually would but treat me like i'm barely holding on this game lol
Per , I think Ydrasse is a wolf for repeatedly refusing to explain why she has the suspicions/thought processes she has posted. Given and have since followed, I suppose this could be modified to "I think Ydrasse is a wolf for being exceedingly vague, to the point of total unhelpfulness, as to why she has the suspicions/thought processes she has posted." is the primary post here from me, if you're looking for a starting point; the questions in that post either were answered with what boils down to "gut, sorry" or not answered at all. I can get into the weeds of why "being exceedingly vague, to the point of total unhelpfulness, as to why one has the suspicions/thought processes one has posted" is Wolf Behavior, but that's largely theorycraft that I don't really want to have to clog the thread with if I can avoid it.

Given there are less than 36 hours remaining before deadline, I suppose I should say that, while I would prefer Ydrasse get chucked off the island, I would be willing to compromise on catboi. I'm not really interested in booting !science - I feel the emotion shown throughout the day is genuine - and would only vote that way if necessary to avoid ending the day without an elimination.
see i don't actually believe this is genuine whatsoever

"she is scum for not explaining reads" is something I expect scum to push on in, like, a newbie game it's a very
basic
notion of what scum do but isn't particularly grounded in reality

she's playing the game more intuitively rather than being strongly logical and I think it's possible to recognize that some people act that way. she's capable of making up logical sounding arguments as scum and if anything the lack of energy/struggle to articulate is more likelya towntell

but
also
she
has
ventured into explaining her views of the game and it makes sense to me when she has done it so acting like she has not done anything feels uncharitable

so I don't really buy that you're actually looking to sort people here. You're just coming in going "not explain = scum" and that is the behavior I would expect scum to take because it's a very unimaginative line of thought that is easy to push. I don't think you're trying to find scum over looking for things to push
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:50 am

Post by notscience »

Ydras such a weird push to make as scum in this position though
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:50 am

Post by catboi »

In post 531, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 530, catboi wrote:

Syr You or Kilga
yeah?
last brush was scum him was in a game where he got hyperposted to death and lost all motivation and burned out for a couple years so may not be definitive but it's like

in that game he just kind of put on a show of faked enthusiasm and go gittem boys attitude but there was never any substance behind it and when things started getting more nuanced he couldn't come up with anything

and here he's solvey and trying to lead stuff and has, like, actual depth of thought
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:51 am

Post by catboi »

In post 534, notscience wrote: Ydras such a weird push to make as scum in this position though
not if she's been consistently maintaining suspicion of him for most of the game? omgus and discredit your attacker is
pretty reliable
play, if anything
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:52 am

Post by catboi »

Can I just take a moment to say the fixed quote tags are very comforting they're just so aesthetic to look at
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 529, Syryana wrote: Kilga what do you think of
- I think the bolded paragraph in the first spoiled post is an attempt to dodge my suspicion of her by flinging suspicion right back at me.
- I think the second spoiled post is using one of the themes of Day 1 to avoid having to actually address the meat of what I had to say in 330. The uncertainty surrounding whether or not to vote for me is far more "wolf uncertain how a vote on me will reflect on her"; an honest town would have just cast the vote knowing it (a) was a genuine honest vote, and (b) relatively inconsequential unless it was followed by the same vote from three other people. (Yes, I am aware how Day 1 ended.)
- I think the third spoiled paragraph is continued dodging of answering my questions meaningfully, but I've mentioned that before.

So I vehemently disagree with all of catboi's assessments, and am quite open to the idea that they're willful misreadings.
~ Edible
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 am

Post by notscience »

I suppose. Just figured the lack of traction makes it iffy, especially in a day that’s dragging out like this one has

She’s also presently voting me iirc?

Maybe I just have a soft spot from pushing her as town when everyone kept saying she was just town and I’m drawing some false equivalency or something
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:56 am

Post by Ydrasse »

☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:56 am

i just don't think Catboi/Kilga are T/T

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:58 am

Post by Ydrasse »

well fmpov catboi is correct and kilga seems like nonsensically tunneled on me and refuses to like… believe in a world where i just don’t play like his assumptions of how town should play. this is minimizing all the other words but i feel like it’s basically “gut not good enough. die.”

however i am a wittle scared of pockets. just a bit.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:59 am

Post by notscience »

Does it mean I’m pocketed if I townread 540
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:59 am

Post by Ydrasse »

like i guess it’s the sort of push i can see town making because it’s taking literally every single thing i do and making it wolfy which i feel like i’ve done as town when i was convinced of something
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:59 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 543, notscience wrote: Does it mean I’m pocketed if I townread 540
no (:
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:00 am

Post by catboi »

In post 539, notscience wrote: I suppose. Just figured the lack of traction makes it iffy, especially in a day that’s dragging out like this one has

She’s also presently voting me iirc?

Maybe I just have a soft spot from pushing her as town when everyone kept saying she was just town and I’m drawing some false equivalency or something
i don't really subscribe to wagonomics based arguments except when I need to bullshit reasons to try to get people to agree with me, I think kilga keeps pushing that angle because why not

especially if people are defaulting to you and you are town it is extremely beneficial for scum to be looking elsewhere and distancing from your wagon assuming you'll be shrugyeeted

and like then plausibly he's set up a 1v1 in elo with a bunch of arguments he's already laid groundwork to discredit her with
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:00 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 533, catboi wrote:
In post 528, Kilgamayan wrote:

see i don't actually believe this is genuine whatsoever

"she is scum for not explaining reads" is something I expect scum to push on in, like, a newbie game it's a very
basic
notion of what scum do but isn't particularly grounded in reality

she's playing the game more intuitively rather than being strongly logical and I think it's possible to recognize that some people act that way. she's capable of making up logical sounding arguments as scum and if anything the lack of energy/struggle to articulate is more likelya towntell

but
also
she
has
ventured into explaining her views of the game and it makes sense to me when she has done it so acting like she has not done anything feels uncharitable

so I don't really buy that you're actually looking to sort people here. You're just coming in going "not explain = scum" and that is the behavior I would expect scum to take because it's a very unimaginative line of thought that is easy to push. I don't think you're trying to find scum over looking for things to push
"not explain = wolf" is an oversimplification of my stance on Ydrasse. It's a matter "repeatedly ask, repeatedly get nothing useful". I do recognize that some people play the game intuitively - when those people lay out their intuition in ways that are reasonable to follow, I have no problem unless the layouts don't make sense as coming from a town position.
~ Edible
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:02 am

Post by catboi »

also sometimes scum don't always make pushes that are like,totally logical or obviously tactical even though I think what kilga is doing makes tons of sense from a scum pov

"weird" pushes can come from town or scum but the objective is to assess motivation and, well. I don't buy what kilga is saying
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:04 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Bump
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”