Micro 1071: MafiaInFreezer v2023 (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:43 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

VC 2.05
Ydrasse (1):
Kilgamayan
notscience (2):
Syryana, Ydrasse

Not Voting:
notscience, catboi, Lady Lambdadelta, Dunnstral

With 7 remaining, 4 to eliminate

deadline
(expired on 2023-03-22 21:47:33)
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:26 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 473, Kilgamayan wrote: A !science push times of all times feels
really
bizarrely timed. If there's reason to vote for him now surely there was reason to vote for him on Tuesday?
I have a reason for this, but I'm not talking about it yet.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:39 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 470, Syryana wrote:
In post 467, catboi wrote: his posting today has been underwhelming after promising to do things but he also had that big v/la so i dunno

i don't have good reason to townread him now though. i want to give him a chance to actually play...still

Oh for god's sake just bus him already
it's cute that you think i need that much prompting

but i'm not ruling out the possibility he's town who has completely potato'd this game, not intentionally, but just because of unfortunate circumstances, and i'm being guarded against that possibility

if his play is a problem then he's gotta go but after my last game i'm not going to act like this is a slam dunk
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:41 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 373, Syryana wrote:
In post 369, catboi wrote: hot take:

VOTE: LLD

I think she's not been towny where other people have exhibited some signs and in the back of my mind I have been thinking the wavelength kill makes sense as a low info kill.
That's a spicy take indeed. What makes you think scum, specifically? Happy to wait until you're done with your reread.

Pedit I agree the cakez back off was underwhelming. Thing is for me the little fingerwag she did at the start of toDay doesn't really ring scum for me, I wouldn't expect such an... obvious? move to come from her as scum.
I know this post is a week old, but what do you mean by the finger wag thing?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:48 pm

Post by catboi »

after the, uh, moment that derailed the game I don't have a ton of commentary to add

- I think syr is pretty towny actually and I liked what he was doing on page 14, it feels like he has been trying to kick the game into gear even if the engine won't start

- still think kilga is scummy
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:50 pm

Post by catboi »

and since I think you're town I can maybe try to explain that ydrasse townread to you
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:37 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 479, catboi wrote: - still think kilga is scummy
Clearly a conclusion drawn from reading my posts carefully, which recently included a question directed at you that you ignored entirely :V
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:07 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 425, catboi wrote: Still, it feels bizarre to me that on Day 2 of a micro your threshold for being willing to vote someone is "not clearly coming from town"? That doesn't feel like you're...actually trying to solve my alignment or investigate deeper meanings. Similarly, your reasoning for LLD is she "lacks discernible explanations for stances". That doesn't really strike me as a believable tell at all - just because someone isn't explaining their reads it doesn't mean they don't have any, I would sincerely doubt she wouldn't have reasons, regardless of her alignment. But you haven't bothered to actually try and investigate her at all, like possibly asking for explanations, just taken the stance you'd be okay with voting her. That doesn't sit right with me.
Going back to this for a moment. Okay, sure! (Note that my commentary in still applies.)
In post 457, Kilgamayan wrote: Like, I genuinely don't understand how someone that's been honest in their wolfhunting doesn't have answers for those, particularly this far into Day 2. Even gut feelings come from somewhere, whether they're a gradual buildup or a sudden jolt.* What do you think about...I don't know, anything in this game other than 407?

*Maybe catboi or LLD could square this with their better-than-Kilga (former)/town (latter) reads for me?
In post 460, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: (No indication my question was noticed)
In post 461, catboi wrote: (No indication my question was noticed)
In post 463, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: (No indication my question was noticed)
In post 467, catboi wrote: (No indication my question was noticed, but there is at least a comment about continuing to reread stuff I guess?)
In post 477, catboi wrote: (No indication my question was noticed)
In post 478, catboi wrote: (No indication my question was noticed)
In post 479, catboi wrote: (No indication my question was noticed)

In post 480, catboi wrote: (No indication my question was noticed (in before "this is a comment about explaining an Ydrasse townread", response is that this is directed at Syr and is also not exactly what I asked about))
Cool

cool cool cool.
~ Edible
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:03 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

i don't even know what you're asking me
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:04 am

like i saw the "maybe LLD can square this for me" but if it doens't parse on my first pass right now i'm just ignoring it lol

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:17 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

The point of the post was mostly pointing out that catboi had previously gotten on my case about not actively engaging with you more - "But you haven't bothered to actually try and investigate her at all, like possibly asking for explanations, just taken the stance you'd be okay with voting her. That doesn't sit right with me" from specifically - and then also pointing out that both you
and
catboi ignored me when I did exactly that, but catboi still suspects me. It was more about asking catboi what the heckerooni he expects from me and less about anything I'm specifically looking for from you (though I do still want an answer from you to my question - I'll attempt to clarify it in the next post).

Between that and me having to ask Ydrasse multiple times about the tracks her suspicions followed (and
still
not receiving an explanatory answer that shows me that actually, this is a townie's honest thought process and not just a wolf making stuff up) it's getting real frustrating trying to do anything. I will cop to missing part of an Ydrasse post but at least I apologized for doing so and then actually addressed it. All I'm really asking is for the same respect, and given no fewer than three people have gone out of their way to not actually answer at least one question I've asked of them, at least one of them most be town, which is supremely irritating because it implies that ignoring questions directed at you is acceptable town behavior.
~ Edible
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:19 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 483, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: i don't even know what you're asking me
Basically, you think Ydrasse is town. I think Ydrasse is a wolf for repeatedly refusing to explain why she has the suspicions/thought processes she has posted. My request to you was to square that behavior with your town read, e.g. give me a reason to think it's an honest town approach and not a wolf making shit up.
~ Edible
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:21 am

In post 486, Kilgamayan wrote:
Basically, you think Ydrasse is town. I think Ydrasse is a wolf for repeatedly refusing to explain why she has the suspicions/thought processes she has posted. My request to you was to square that behavior with your town read, e.g. give me a reason to think it's an honest town approach and not a wolf making shit up.
okay, sure.

so back when the game started there was this little queue in the notifications bar where Ydra had to then open an unread Private Message which turned out to contain her role PM which happened to be green.

So you see she can't be scum, she's got a green role PM.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:22 am

yes I'm fucking with you, i don't know what elements of her play you consider suspicious here. i know i'm making you do more work than i otherwise usually would but treat me like i'm barely holding on this game lol

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:25 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i don’t think i’ve actually like really refused
you just don’t like the answers that you’re getting (vibes gut etc) i feel like and then you’re calling them wolfy because they’re not like… traditional or what you’re expecting which to me feels like on the one hand understandable if you want something you can get but in the other hand, my pov is that this could be an easy push to make that you’re getting mad about because you can’t make it with people defending me for reasons that are pretty wispy

i don’t have a strong process this game but i’m voting someone i feel could be a wolf atm. i’m not trying to disrespect you as a player but i literally don’t have the answers you want in like an essay format and you’re gonna have to accept that if you’re town. i’m not sure that you are but i recognize if you are this game probably fucking sucks to try and play so like. sorry but idk
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:04 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I think it would help to go point back to the start of the conversation between Kilga/Ydrasse and point out how you think it progressed.

Something like: In post #, this happened. And then in post #, this other thing happened
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:05 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I am also losing the thread of what you are talking about as this conversation has been spread out over something like 10 real life days
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:40 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 477, catboi wrote: it's cute that you think i need that much prompting
Sometimes you just have to be coy

If you N1 shoot your partner in the head every game people start to get sus
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:41 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 479, catboi wrote: - I think syr is pretty towny actually and I liked what he was doing on page 14, it feels like he has been trying to kick the game into gear even if the engine won't start

As for the first part, if you hadn't seen it by now I'd be speed-yeeting you

As for the second, why?

Also you still owe me that explanation for Naidrasse
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:48 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 489, Ydrasse wrote: i don’t think i’ve actually like really refused
you just don’t like the answers that you’re getting (vibes gut etc) i feel like and then you’re calling them wolfy because they’re not like… traditional or what you’re expecting which to me feels like on the one hand understandable if you want something you can get but in the other hand, my pov is that this could be an easy push to make that you’re getting mad about because you can’t make it with people defending me for reasons that are pretty wispy

i don’t have a strong process this game but i’m voting someone i feel could be a wolf atm. i’m not trying to disrespect you as a player but i literally don’t have the answers you want in like an essay format and you’re gonna have to accept that if you’re town. i’m not sure that you are but i recognize if you are this game probably fucking sucks to try and play so like. sorry but idk

I mean no you haven't said "lolno I'm not telling you" or anything but you also have been pretty vague about pretty much everything. I get it, gut and vibe is definitely a way to play mafia (hell, I played with Bert), but you could definitely throw Kilga (and me, since I tried to talk with you at one point too and got about as far as Kilga did) a bone and elaborate a bit on why you vibe/get gutfeels on person X. I don't want an essay on why you think X is town or scum but at least "I liked post 132" is a point I can interact with.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:49 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 487, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
okay, sure.

so back when the game started there was this little queue in the notifications bar where Ydra had to then open an unread Private Message which turned out to contain her role PM which happened to be green.

Please don't do this.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:56 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 472, Dunnstral wrote: Ydrasse I feel you haven't gone beyond saying you don't like my vote on the sircakez wagon with your read on me. It seems that is the only thing you are considering, which is curious as you seem to h ave narrowed down your suspects to four people pretty early on into this day but it doesn't feel like you are working to sift through those reads.
Also you did not give me a reply to this
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:05 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i reply tonight
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:07 am

Post by Ydrasse »

oh actually i can do that post now
i was also not a fan for a while of that post you made where you expanded on your reads and i couldn’t really pinpoint why beyond a weird feeling so i didn’t bring it up, but eventually i cooled off on it because i’t didn’t seem so bad after a few days
without it it’s kind of just a vote i’m disliking because i’m pretty shrug otherwise atm and there are other things i wanted to go after more
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:14 am

In post 495, Syryana wrote:
In post 487, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
okay, sure.

Please don't do this.
so i can't even joke now lmfao

got it

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”