Micro 1073: Purgatory - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:32 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Judgement Day Countdown: Over.
Last edited by furtiveglance on Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:50 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Flavour
As you gather to await the Martyr's decision, the grey hooded figure comes into view before you once more. "Aisa has spoken. AurorusVox, you have been judged. Please come this way." The hooded person declares, gesturing for the spectre in a lemon-yellow cloak to follow them down the road towards the gates of hell. A sheepish grin spreads across the judged apparition's ghostly visage as he sets off in pursuit of the grey hooded figure, who calls over their shoulder at the rest of you: "The power of judgement once again rests in your hands. Goodbye."

Aisa, the
Martyr
, has condemned AurorusVox to hell. AurorusVox was a
Spoiler:
Sinner.

Spoiler: Role PM
Welcome, AurorusVox!

You are a
Sinner
, and win if 2
Sinners
are sent to heaven.

Confirm by replying with your role either in a PM to me or in your Sinners PT, located
here

AurorusVox may no longer post in the gamethread, but may continue to post in the Sinners PT. It is now Hell Phase 3.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:53 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Votecount 4.00

Not Voting (5):
Bellaphant, Vanderscamp, Enchant, Ranger, Aureal.

With 5 players alive, it takes 3 votes to condemn someone to the fiery pits of
hell

The phase deadline is in (expired on 2023-04-05 13:53:01).
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:24 am

Post by Aureal »

OK. Wow. Glad Aisa is better at this than I am. :eek:

I think that might actually mean Ranger is town then, and all hell wagons were on town. 3 Mafia OP. :?

I might have at least been onto something with Vander and AV not really interacting though?

@mod:
is judgement day once per game or does it happen every time parity is reached? That is, if we vote out town here are we done or does Aisa get to carry the whole thing?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:27 am

Post by Enchant »

Every time parity is reached.

So basically we need to choose two players and if atleast one of them is mafia, we just win.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:36 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Aureal, can you talk me through this? '
I think that might actually mean Ranger is town then, and all hell wagons were on town. 3 Mafia OP. '
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:47 am

Post by Enchant »

VOTE: Vanderscamp

I am bad at this game
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:25 am

Post by Bellaphant »

So at five, vote out scum: we win?
Town, we go back to what we just had?

Then...aisa + whoever have to pick?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:11 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 703, Aureal wrote: OK. Wow. Glad Aisa is better at this than I am. :eek:

I think that might actually mean Ranger is town then, and all hell wagons were on town. 3 Mafia OP. :?

I might have at least been onto something with Vander and AV not really interacting though?

@mod:
is judgement day once per game or does it happen every time parity is reached? That is, if we vote out town here are we done or does Aisa get to carry the whole thing?
Why does that make Ranger town?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:12 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 706, Enchant wrote: VOTE: Vanderscamp

I am bad at this game
What do you think the team is, Enchant?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:12 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 707, Bellaphant wrote: So at five, vote out scum: we win?
Town, we go back to what we just had?

Then...aisa + whoever have to pick?
Seems that way
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:14 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

I pretty strongly want to vote Aureal today, but I don't want to allow hammers.

My case on Aureal is the same as it was yesterday.

Thinking that the team was Vanderscamp/Ranger/ArkoDrew was a LUDICROUS solve and it's really just not possible to believe that you actually thought this.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:18 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

Ranger's first half of #676 and last part of #677 are pretty good explanations of why Aureal's stuff made no sense.

He was giving a lot of credence to the Arco/Ox interaction as never being scum/scum, but not the Ranger/me interaction, when that interaction should have been far more obvious, and additionally I was the main person (correctly) advocating that Arco/Ox wasn't scum/scum, and he was putting me as the third member of that scum team.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:32 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 689, Aureal wrote:
In post 678, Vanderscamp wrote: VOTE: Aureal

Can you give an example of a team of three that has interactions and associative reads that you think makes less sense than Ranger/Me/Arko?

I already have, if you were paying attention. I considered Ranger/Vander/AV before this, and discarded it while going through AV's ISO because I don't think Ranger and AV can be scum together.

I think you and Drew are pretty much just open-wolfing at this point with these votes. Why are you abandoning your big scumread that you spent half your iso on for a last-minute spiritual omgus? We still could've voted Ranger out here if you weren't pulling shenanigans.
Drew and I are open wolfing huh

Wtf do you mean "we could have voted Ranger here?"

You spent the entire day having the opportunity to vote Ranger and declined to do so, despite saying at the start of the day that my logic about Aisa or I getting voted to heaven was pointless because getting a non-Ranger mislim today was such an unlikely event.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:35 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 690, Aureal wrote: Maybe it's confirmation bias but it's really hard to see these actions as something other than trying to get Drew limmed instead of Ranger because I spotted more opportunities to clear people based off of Ranger's flip. I've had the opportunity to hammer Drew for a while now but would have preferred Ranger for that reason. But with deadline 9 hours away, no word from Bella yet, and AV still vla I guess it's on me to do so soon here, before I go to bed. I'm the most confident that he's scum here anyway.
Also, this post is complete nonsense.

Wtf are you talking about with it being hard to see what I'm doing as anything other than trying to get Drew limmed?

This would maybe be believable if I had said at ANY POINT yesterday that Drew was scummy.
I never put any pressure on him at all and I think limming him in that spot over you or Ranger was absurd.

Can you quote anything that involves me "trying to get Drew limmed" to justify what you're saying here?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:37 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 633, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 624, Aureal wrote:
In post 615, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 603, Aureal wrote: Because that "get a miskill on a non-Ranger player today" part seems like a potentially huge step? It seemed pretty likely then and still seems pretty likely that Ranger is the target today. You were calling for her to be snap limmed here and saying that if you were sent to the martyr thread that was your legacy.
Sure, but if Ranger is town, do you think it's better or worse for me or Aisa to be in heaven?

If Ranger is town and we flip her here, I don't know who either of you vote from heaven. Aisa was confused and you... haven't really given any recent scumreads other than Ranger. Still no thoughts there?
I think I would vote Drew if not Ranger.

I don't have any strong scumreads other than Ranger though.
In your "defence", I did say this several pages ago, but this was more responding to you asking me if I had other scumreads, and this was before I started scumreading you.
I never said anything to give anyone the impression (because it certainly wasn't true) that I would ever have voted Drew over Ranger.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:48 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

My world is that I think Aureal and Ranger are both scummier than Enchant/Bella by quite a lot.

If I'm wrong on either of my scumreads I feel like it might be Bella, because I'm giving more weight to my own read of OE than Aisa's case on Bella, although I still feel like Bella's case on Aisa was good.

I think Ranger looks slightly better from Vox being scum, but not enough to outweigh how scummy I think the slot sounds in the first place and the fact that Aureal never actually voted Ranger despite having the opportunity to do so.

And the voting yesterday on Ranger is IMO EXTREMELY suspicious.

Ranger got votes from Enchant, my top town, Drew, and me.
For a while, the only votes on Ranger were Drew and me, two confirmed town from my POV.
Does scum never take the opportunity to hammer Ranger there?
Even from your pov if you think I'm scum, Drew was on Ranger for a long time and scum definitely had the opportunity to hammer (Drew and I being on Ranger for almost the whole day is yet another reason why Aureal's solve was nonsensical)

Btw this is exactly what I was talking about in regards to scum choosing to send Aisa to heaven over me.
After a Drew lim I probably would have just snap killed Ranger and scum know that. They can't know that that's going to happen, but clearly they can expect a non-Ranger mislim.
So that makes me further think that Ranger is suspicious.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:54 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

Aureal, I asked you to give me a world that was less likely than Ranger/Vanderscamp/Arko and explain it.
You suggested Ranger/Vanderscamp/Vox, which is a real answer to my question, but not really the point of what I'm getting at.

I'll assume for the sake of argument that for some reason Ranger/Vox are never scum together.

Can you give me a world of three that doesn't include Ranger/Vox or Ranger/Vanderscamp that made less sense as a solve than Ranger/Vanderscamp/Arko?

Because, while it's obviously possible from your pov that I as scum decide to HARD townside for the entire game, I just can't understand your perspective of thinking that this is actively a likely team from your pov compared to just a random three.
Like, you saw me play as scum in the Death Note game, and it's not like I was doing any real bussing at all in that game, I was pretty much exclusively pushing anti-town lines.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:12 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Why is enchant your too town read?

More actual thought tomorrow
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:13 am

Post by Alianna »

In post 703, Aureal wrote:
@mod:
A Judgement Day occurs any time that parity is reached and is not limited to once per game.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 22
On hiatus from playing.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:44 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 716, Vanderscamp wrote:For a while, the only votes on Ranger were Drew and me, two confirmed town from my POV.
Does scum never take the opportunity to hammer Ranger there?
I seem to recall someone gave an answer to this:
In post 672, Aureal wrote:This isn't ELO, a quickhammer wouldn't end the game. If you're town, scum aren't all going to want to pile on just cuz since that will trigger judgment day for Aisa to make a last ditch effort to eliminate a mafiaoso. They ought to be worried about piling onto a bad wagon.
If you are mafia, Vander, then this doesn't apply;
If Aureal is mafia, then Aureal is explaining why scum didn't pile on.

Either way, the explanation for why I wasn't voted out by scum is there.

If you are scum, then the scum couldn't pile on.
If Aureal is scum, then the scum could've but deliberately avoided doing so.

Tomorrow (24h from now), I'll review AV interactions/stances and others' view of AV.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
Game History
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:37 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 706, Enchant wrote: VOTE: Vanderscamp

I am bad at this game

Me too.

VOTE: Vanderscamp
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:43 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 717, Vanderscamp wrote: Because, while it's obviously possible from your pov that I as scum decide to HARD townside for the entire game, I just can't understand your perspective of thinking that this is actively a likely team from your pov compared to just a random three.
Like, you saw me play as scum in the Death Note game, and it's not like I was doing any real bussing at all in that game, I was pretty much exclusively pushing anti-town lines.

To be clear, Vander is citing Death Note, a game in which scum's win condition is to not let scum leader "Kira" die. He is citing this as evidence that it's ludicrous of me to think that he could bus here in this game. Trying to bus in Death Note would have
literally
been game throwing. (Not to mention pretty damn hard seeing as scum didn't have communications or even much knowledge of each other.)

Also, "HARD townside" huh? I guess this is just him saying he's super-towny because he says so?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:51 pm

Post by Aureal »

I've reviewed my read that Ranger and AV wouldn't be scum together, and I still think it's pretty solid. I cannot see why scum would come back to the same point about Arko's E-2 trying to communicate in all of posts , , , , , , , , and . They'd be talking in the mafia PT doing something like "hey let's talk about how Arko was inconsistent about voting to E-2" and work out their angles there rather than talking past each other constantly in the main thread like what happened in these posts.

Ergo, I must conclude that Ranger is likely town. Which leaves me three possible teams: Vander/Bella, Vander/Enchant, and Enchant/Bella. And we only need to catch one of them, and Aisa gets another try if we don't get it. I think we're in a pretty good position here.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:36 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 718, Bellaphant wrote: Why is enchant your too town read?

More actual thought tomorrow
I just think Ox was very town.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”