Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:22 pm

Post by Gimli »

I had a plan if I ended up flipped instead of kawa

and ofc the associatives between me and kawa are really good for spewing the other town so yeah I think we'd win even if you flipped one of us this gameday

gg all, if the rand screwed scum team so hard that LLD is a n5 doc then we'll look silly for hammering and outing ourselves but eh
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:24 pm

Post by Gimli »

the plan would be kawa holsters and then claims to have saved LLD

you'd play kawa/lld/std/rr and hardly the elim would go to kawa in these circumstances

not sure if he'd follow but it'd be interesting to see it play out
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:33 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Oh it would have been even more of an impossible situation to save myself in that case
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:38 pm

Post by Gimli »

yeah I think it was very in the bag

btw I know this isn't officially postgame but MASSIVE shout out to cephrir for turning a L into a W by convincing everyone he was town and furtive was scum on d2

(also I'm sorry furtive)
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:02 pm

Post by Ranger »

Apologies for making the wrong call.

In
hindsight
, it's possible to individually reach correct conclusions on each slot; I don't think I ever would've gotten that team.

My doubts on Gimli felt unjustified paranoia; even the few worlds of Gimli-scum I considered had him as scum with RR, relying on Gimli being
too
town (right on furtiveVCeph, right on UmalutvRR); I don't think I would've caught him at all.

Sorry.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:11 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Well, we'll see what happens tonight.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
LavosCore
LavosCore
Fae/Faer
Goon
LavosCore
Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:10 pm

Post by LavosCore »

Vote Count 5-FINAL
Radical Rat
(4)
:
Ranger - Lady Lambdadelta - KawaiiKame - Gimli

Not Voting
(2)
:
Save The Dragons - Radical Rat

With 6 players in the game, 4 are required to Yeet unto the Eternal Void .

Day ends in (expired on 2023-04-13 12:17:48)

Mod Notes
Pronouns are visible under a players name, please use them. If you're unsure, ask!
LavosCore
LavosCore
Fae/Faer
Goon
LavosCore
Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:37 pm

Post by LavosCore »

Night Falls
Knowing their fate, knowing that they're outnumbered and despite their protests... Radical Rat steps up to the Mammon Machine. Knowing their mistakes, knowing they failed Zeal and their Queen... A deep breath was taken as they stepped up into the light of Lavos.

No change, no guise, just another Enlightened one sent to join what they were all told was eternal glory.

They were wrong -
Radical Rat was an Enlightened Protector

A deep chill fell across all those who remained. Tonight would truly decide the outcome.

Would the Earthbound who cheered too early attain their victory over the cursed machine, or would the final person blessed by Lavos with the power of protection be correct in their action tonight?

MODERATOR ACTION
THE GAME IS NOT YET OVER!

There are N5 actions to resolve. I am going to ask the relevant parties to submit their night actions as normal within (expired on 2023-04-14 05:37:36) and I plan to rule it as if the kill is prevented, it is a town win. If the kill succeeds then the Mafia win condition is fulfilled regardless.

I have informed the ListMod and requested their opinions on this course of action.
LavosCore
LavosCore
Fae/Faer
Goon
LavosCore
Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:23 am

Post by LavosCore »

THE KINGDOM OF ZEAL - THE QUEENS CHOSEN - GAME OVER!
The Queen watched on, confident in her chosen. She knew who had to do what to secure victory for Zeal. Her gaze, was locked firmly on
Save The Dragons, an Enlightened Protector
, the last of her protectors to act. She saw the glimmer of magic emanate from him towards
Lady Lambdadelta, an Enlightened Protector
granting her the protection from the Ruby Knife that kept finding its way into peoples backs.

It was not enough.

Sensing the opening,
KawaiiKame, an Earthbound one
tried to shove
Ranger, an Enlightened Protector
to one side, as
Gimli, an Earthbound One
drew the Ruby knife and launched his final attack.

With some weird magic aiding him, Gimli found a burst of speed and strength, slicing into Save the Dragons with the knife and using KawaiiKame to get a boost, he scrambled up the machine. Queen Zeal herself remained at the top.

"HOW DARE YOU! YOU FILTHY CRETIN I WILL END YOU!"

Gimli paid no heed, and sunk the ruby knife into the machine, just as he had been instructed to do. Zeal visibly recoiled in pain as the knife was pushed deeper and deeper into the machine...

Sparks flew, but nothing happened, the machine continued its thrum and pulsing.
An unfamiliar voice echoed through the chamber.
"Mother wishes to go back on her word, I will send you home. Stay hidden, she will likely send Dalton to come find you. I'll use my power to try and help you hide."

As Gimli and KawaiiKame were sent from the chamber, parts of the machine began to explode, sending Lady Lambdadelta, Save the Dragons and Ranger into strange portals, never to be seen in Zeal again...

GAME OVER!

The Earthbound Ones
have partially destroyed The Mammon Machine and beat the Diffusion of Power!

Spoiler: Setup Brief

║ furtiveglance Enlightened Investigator Night 1 ║
║ Ranger Enlightened Protector Night 1║

║ Umlaut Enlightened Investigator Night 2 ║

║ redFF Enlightened Investigator Night 3 ║

║ Lady Lambdadelta Enlightened Protector Night 4 ║
║ Radical Rat Enlightened Protector Night 4║
║ Ethel Enlightened Investigator Night 4║
║ Detective Penguin Enlightened Investigator Night 4║

║ Save The Dragons Enlightened Protector Night 5 ║
║ Sail Enlightened Investigator Night 5 ║

KawaiiKama replaced Korina
Enchant replaced Sail

Mod Thead: viewtopic.php?t=90631
Dead Chat: viewtopic.php?t=90651
Scumchat will be released in around 48 hours.
LavosCore
LavosCore
Fae/Faer
Goon
LavosCore
Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:25 am

Post by LavosCore »

My gods ya'll know how to keep my on my toes.

This has genuinely been a pleasure to watch happen for the most part and I hope it's been enjoyable beyond the initial hiccoughs.

Also I'm going to apologise for my massive inconsistencies in spelling Enlightened xD
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:32 am

Post by Gimli »

GG all, thank you LavosCore for modding!

I guess outing just to get the hammer didn't look good, but Kawa was pretty much never around and I thought the only realistic thing we could do was coordinate on the flip. worked out fine since the only possible n5 doc was std, unless LLD had lied about doccing n4, which we thought was unlikely.
LavosCore
LavosCore
Fae/Faer
Goon
LavosCore
Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:51 am

Post by LavosCore »

SO my thoughts on this setup is despite how the power curve looks in towns favour it does seem to be quite scum sided. The limitation of X Shot is something that is significant in this kind of game as you need to be able to read the person giving the result above all else and without a D1 mass claim, follow the cop is never going to happen and you've no promise of ever actually rolling a protective with an investigative on the same night. The record shows this is currently a bit of a scumsided setup, having watched it play out, I have to agree.

I chose this setup to run as it was the most interesting to me on the list of setups Something_smart wants to add to the approval list for open setups. I'm going to send a bit of feedback saying I think it's maybe a little too scumsided and possibly needs some balancing somewhere, not entirely sure where unfortunately but I'd advise you all send a bit of feedback as well, did you enjoy the game, would you play this setup again, would you run this setup, etc etc.

Feedback for me is always welcome. I know I'm a bit too lenient on rules sometimes and there are moments where harsher action probably should have been taken in game. Kawaii managing to dodge almost every prod timer was impressive and going forward if a timer is almost up at night I will be requesting prod responses overnight.
LavosCore
LavosCore
Fae/Faer
Goon
LavosCore
Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:53 am

Post by LavosCore »

I have put all the images into an animation so you can kinda watch the game unfold too :P
Image is in post 2
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:15 am

Post by Gimli »

I thought this setup is really tilted in town's favour, fwiw. we just got lucky and flipped/NKed every single invest in the game. town had no reason not to trust furtive on d2, which was the key gameday that got us a chance to win, and there are many ways in which town can have mechanical clears and close down on correct POEs from very early in the game. scum needs to play a perfect game from a NK and fakeclaiming standpoint to really mess things up. this felt like an uphill battle since very early on.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:31 am

Post by Ranger »

I believe the setup is balanced, or close to.
Gimli in particular played well.
Cephrir also did a good job.
The town made some mistakes which gave the scum the needed room to win. I accept full responsibility for my part in this.

Still, I truly feel it is more of a scum win than a town loss; IIRC, Gimli was suspected a grand total of two times and both times I'm fairly certain the player FoSed with him was town (Gimli, RR; Gimli, Ranger; never Gimli+Kawaii IIRC). It was possible to catch him; we almost never
would
. That's my personal opinion, at least.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:26 am

Post by PenguinPower »

I am simply amazed that Korina/KawaiiKame was not yeeted this game.
<(") | (")>
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:16 am

Post by Cephrir »

Good game. Nicely done Gimli.

I really believe that it made sense for scum furtive to claim a guilty. That probably helped. I'm not sure we win this without at least one of (day 2 going our way / the ridiculous luck of the enchant nightkill going in our favor when to all rights it looked like a terrible move)

I played scum in this setup once before and felt very locked out of the game almost immediately. After we lost one team member for no reason it didn't seem like there was anything we could do. Maybe regardless of sidedness I just don't like the setup?

Anyway, fun game, glad I was able to do my job.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:18 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Balance-wise, I think the biggest issue with the setup is that until late game there's no real way to properly handle claims.

The only potential for a counterclaim before we reach 5/6 claims of the same role is if two cops disagree on a result, or one guilties the other, but due to the nature of everyone being one shot on a specific day, and scum knowing the ratios ahead of time, it's not likely to really happen that way.

I think a strat that could work reasonably well is just a D1 massclaim? Locking scum into claims early so they can't adjust based on flips, and eliminating within whichever role has too many claims to boost odds of hitting scum would probably go better than what happened here.

I've already talked about how badly I messed up here, so I guess on the positive side... I'm glad I didn't end up flipping my townread on StD. So I get to claim I was right on at least one person
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:33 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1866, Cephrir wrote: the ridiculous luck of the enchant nightkill going in our favor when to all rights it looked like a terrible move
I call it instinct! lmao

thank you for d2 you're a beast
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:56 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1867, Radical Rat wrote: Balance-wise, I think the biggest issue with the setup is that until late game there's no real way to properly handle claims.

The only potential for a counterclaim before we reach 5/6 claims of the same role is if two cops disagree on a result, or one guilties the other, but due to the nature of everyone being one shot on a specific day, and scum knowing the ratios ahead of time, it's not likely to really happen that way.

I think a strat that could work reasonably well is just a D1 massclaim? Locking scum into claims early so they can't adjust based on flips, and eliminating within whichever role has too many claims to boost odds of hitting scum would probably go better than what happened here.

I've already talked about how badly I messed up here, so I guess on the positive side... I'm glad I didn't end up flipping my townread on StD. So I get to claim I was right on at least one person
massclaim should definitely be on the table from d2 forward IMO. it ties the game up nicely in town's favour and makes manipulating the mechanics harder for scum. the way we played, I could openhunt cops (which is what I tried to do by hardclaiming n3 doc) and make flipping scum look bad from mechanics standpoint (take kawa's and ceph's claims, for instance).

also I think this only looked scumsided because you had six cops and only got two checks and then killed thes cops when you got those checks. that was a mix of town misplaying and scum taking advantage and, in cephrir's case, making THE MOST out of an imbalanced position having a red check against him on d2.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:29 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

I was genuinely stunned at the flips that came out though, just chaining cops was incredible
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:14 am

Post by Korina »

I’m so sorry for repping out, between my game being ruined, moving and Ranger v LLD, I really did not want to play this game.

Also, another thing that I can say postgame, @Peng you were scumreading me for the wrong reasons LOL. Even if I rolled town, I’d be doing the same things in terms of being disengaged and not wanting to play lol.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:40 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 1865, PenguinPower wrote: I am simply amazed that Korina/KawaiiKame was not yeeted this game.
QFT
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:54 pm

Post by Enchant »

No mafia PT i guess
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:20 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

-
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!

Return to “Completed Open Games”