KawaiiKame
Greeting (1):
NJAC
KawaiiKame (1):
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog (1):
Kowahbunga

not voting (7):
MalcolmTucker, Andante, Greeting, Brickwalll, Dionysus, Hu Tao, Save The Dragons

with 17 alive, it takes 9 to put someone in the machine. day 1 ends in (expired on 2023-04-02 13:48:07)

moderateur notes
  • yes
Last edited by schadd_ on Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: Balki B

Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:49 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 48, Greeting wrote:
In post 44, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 41, Cephrir wrote: I appreciate y'all trying so hard out the gate but I think most of what's been argued so far isn't really alignment indicative

Also btw FoSing is out of style these days
I feel like everything is alignment indicative. Every post is made with intentions. Its not up to the poster to express this, but up to the player-base to interpret.
Both town and mafia can make contentless posts for no reason or for whatever reason really. It is a common mistake for town to assume that every post has intention.
VOTE: Greeting
ballpointpen
ballpointpen
Townie
ballpointpen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:55 am

Post by ballpointpen »

that was a really interesting reaction to greeting's post
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:40 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 52, ballpointpen wrote: that was a really interesting reaction to greeting's post
It's consistent for this person:
In post 45, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 43, Cephrir wrote:i think you're reading too much into things

This is a scum mindset.

VOTE: Cephir

(Snip)
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:44 am

Post by Glitch »

Mod
: Vote count is incorrect, this is my first post and as such I have not voted yet. Thanks for modding a large. That’s a big task to take on but I love a good large so thanks for the work you’re putting in.

Hello all. Been two years since I played but I’m excited to be back. I saw a few others are back from hiatus as well. I imagine some of us are back cause of the newsletter. I know I am. Cool deal.

Lots of talk about RVS and how useful/useless it is so far. Let’s railroad someone and see what happens from there. Maybe some actual content will start.

VOTE: Hu Tao
ballpointpen
ballpointpen
Townie
ballpointpen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:55 am

Post by ballpointpen »

In post 54, Glitch wrote: Lots of talk about RVS and how useful/useless it is so far. Let’s railroad someone and see what happens from there. Maybe some actual content will start.

you don't think there's anything of note in the last 3 pages?
ballpointpen
ballpointpen
Townie
ballpointpen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:02 am

Post by ballpointpen »

In post 53, Cephrir wrote:
In post 52, ballpointpen wrote: that was a really interesting reaction to greeting's post
It's consistent for this person:
In post 45, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 43, Cephrir wrote:i think you're reading too much into things

This is a scum mindset.

VOTE: Cephir

(Snip)
its not the snapvoting that's necessarily interesting, but the lack of an explanation does place a lot more emphasis on their post
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:15 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 21, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 17, KawaiiKame wrote: It begins
In post 18, Hu Tao wrote: Hello everyone
So right off the bat I'm somewhat suspicious of both Kawaii and Hu Tao here. This is admitedly somewhat weak because the game just started, but both of these posts are really fluffy, non-commital and not progressing the game. Now, is this progressing the game more than a random vote? I dunno, but the reason why "random" votes are a thing is to create an initial paper trail of some sort...they aren't really random, so it immediately puts the scum in a bit of a pick of whether or not to bus. So far, these posts are just the most flimsy, "hey I'm here but not actually advancing the game" kind of posts.

I'm, going to go ahead and VOTE: Hu Tao

Mainly because it was another post right after a fluff post by Kawaii. Kind of reads as scum thinking "okay, need to say something now to not look suspicious" while being non-comittal.

Also going to put a
finger of suspicion on Kawaii
for similar sorts of reasons, but I think it's very unlikely that both Kawaii and Hu are scum. No way a scum comes in right after their buddy to make an almost identical post.
Saying hello to everyone is fluff post? Would you like me to have a full reads list on everyone in the game instead of saying hello a few posts in?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:17 pm

Post by Cephrir »

if we're going to do a lolturbowagon it seems kind of mean, though i'll admit maybe effective to target the person who's playing presumably their first game
Bartleby the Scrivener
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:17 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 33, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 21, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 17, KawaiiKame wrote: It begins
In post 18, Hu Tao wrote: Hello everyone
So right off the bat I'm somewhat suspicious of both Kawaii and Hu Tao here. This is admitedly somewhat weak because the game just started, but both of these posts are really fluffy, non-commital and not progressing the game. Now, is this progressing the game more than a random vote? I dunno, but the reason why "random" votes are a thing is to create an initial paper trail of some sort...they aren't really random, so it immediately puts the scum in a bit of a pick of whether or not to bus. So far, these posts are just the most flimsy, "hey I'm here but not actually advancing the game" kind of posts.

I'm, going to go ahead and VOTE: Hu Tao

Mainly because it was another post right after a fluff post by Kawaii. Kind of reads as scum thinking "okay, need to say something now to not look suspicious" while being non-comittal.

Also going to put a
finger of suspicion on Kawaii
for similar sorts of reasons, but I think it's very unlikely that both Kawaii and Hu are scum. No way a scum comes in right after their buddy to make an almost identical post.
Im sold.

However, Im going to

vote Kawaii

I hate finger of suspicions...its like getting credit for a vote without having to do anything. If Kawaii flips scum, this looks sketchy.

consider this my
finger of suspicion (any hypocrisy) on Bub
Why vote him over me if you're "sold"?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:20 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 38, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 30, ballpointpen wrote: let me play the devil's advocate to your accusation: what you pointed out isn't unique to those two users, since savethedragons (i'll abbreivate to STD if that's ok) also just said "hi" without casting a vote, so wouldn't the same kind of logic apply to them?

and while people do vote for reasons during rvs its redundant because these are completely unaligned reasons that would be the same regardless of rand, so the votes are equally as non-commital and passive as the entrances, and the argument falls apart pretty quickly because of that
Sure, it's just the the timing that seemed a little...eh to me. Sort of "hey, let's show my face so everyone knows I'm cool but not actually try to move towards finding scum>" I'll admit it's weak and I'm not married to this tell, but my general read of scum behavior is that they're like politicans who'll pop in to show themselves but don't actually want to be attached to a wagon.

I'm much more confident in my read that it's very unlikely both Hsu and Kawaii are both scum just because of their interaction. It just seems like scum wouldn't banter with each other about such fluff just right out of the gate.
It was 3 hours after his post, when I saw the game opened. I understand the deduction in terms of our interaction but not the fact that our original posts came right after the other
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:21 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 39, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 33, curiouskarmadog wrote: Im sold.

However, Im going to

vote Kawaii

I hate finger of suspicions...its like getting credit for a vote without having to do anything. If Kawaii flips scum, this looks sketchy.

consider this my finger of suspicion (any hypocrisy) on Bub
Fair enough, but just out of curiosity, why are you more suspicious of Kawaii than Hsu?
Good follow up, was wondering the same thing.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:23 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 40, Kowahbunga wrote: VOTE: curious
In post 33, curiouskarmadog wrote: vote Kawaii

This post makes me feel like they're organizing future mislims more than they're scumhunting. The whole "If Kawaii flips scum" part doesn't feel like it comes from a town POV.
I'm not sure about setting up mis eliminations. But, I do think it's weird he took the poster at face value and did not really follow up with it in his voting
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:23 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 41, Cephrir wrote: I appreciate y'all trying so hard out the gate but I think most of what's been argued so far isn't really alignment indicative

I actually do think there was something here that was strange, and the fact you glossed over it is strange.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:25 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 55, ballpointpen wrote:
In post 54, Glitch wrote: Lots of talk about RVS and how useful/useless it is so far. Let’s railroad someone and see what happens from there. Maybe some actual content will start.

you don't think there's anything of note in the last 3 pages?
Good post in return to this
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:26 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 63, Hu Tao wrote:

I actually do think there was something here that was strange, and the fact you glossed over it is strange.
you mean 33? i agree that is slightly weird, i didnt notice it at the time
Bartleby the Scrivener
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:27 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 58, Cephrir wrote: if we're going to do a lolturbowagon it seems kind of mean, though i'll admit maybe effective to target the person who's playing presumably their first game
I don't need the soft defending, I can do so myself if I need to defend myself. This post seems like being on the fence. While not wanting to actually vote, saying voting it is fine
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:30 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

VOTE: curious

I think I explained this sufficiently, weird post in general. I have some suspicion on Cephir and Glitch so slight scumish. I think Bub and ballpointpen had similar reactions to posts that I did so I think those I like for townish at the moment.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:32 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 66, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 58, Cephrir wrote: if we're going to do a lolturbowagon it seems kind of mean, though i'll admit maybe effective to target the person who's playing presumably their first game
I don't need the soft defending, I can do so myself if I need to defend myself. This post seems like being on the fence. While not wanting to actually vote, saying voting it is fine
i don't think you're going to like my playstyle then
Bartleby the Scrivener
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:43 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

I can separate playstyle from scummy behavior. If it's different I'll know.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:45 pm

Post by Cephrir »

i can only wish i were such a genius
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:51 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Cephrir reads as pretty town to me. His posts basically amount to "chill out" which doesn't seem like something scum would say.

In my mind, scum would want to sort of half-assedly back a wagon without really putting themselves out there. Kind of blatantly saying "chill out" like Cephrir did just doesn't read to me as the sort of thing that would occur to scum to do.

Also, schadd, where's my pic of Lindor's sexy hair? Could you at least give me some Ohtani or Dansby Swanson hair?
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:53 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

In post 51, Kowahbunga wrote:

I feel like everything is alignment indicative. Every post is made with intentions. Its not up to the poster to express this, but up to the player-base to interpret.
Both town and mafia can make contentless posts for no reason or for whatever reason really. It is a common mistake for town to assume that every post has intention.
Mind elaborating?
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:08 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 72, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 51, Kowahbunga wrote:

Mind elaborating?
"It is a common mistake for town to assume that every post has intention."

I believe this sentence is a scumslip.
ballpointpen
ballpointpen
Townie
ballpointpen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:27 pm

Post by ballpointpen »

In post 73, Kowahbunga wrote: "It is a common mistake for town to assume that every post has intention."

I believe this sentence is a scumslip.
that was my first thought but i gave greeting the benefit of the doubt, given that they respond to my inquiry. i still believe its possible that its a typo or something because i've seen that happen before but we'll know when we see their reaction

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”