Demon Slayer - Kimetsu no Yaiba (Game over)

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5125 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:10 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

That is interesting Ranger.

There was a recent game I was in that GranpaMo was also in. They pulled this gambit as town claiming they had a guilty on someone, long story short they didn't really have a guilty. During the night phase Granpa replaced out and there was heavy speculation that he replaced out because he was caught scum.

Turns out they were town and I guess something came up irl so they had to replace out, all just a coincidence.

But is it wrong for other players to speculate and use that to possibly scum read that slot?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Mislim Bait
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5126 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:16 pm

Post by Mislim Bait »

In post 5124, Ranger wrote:
In post 5121, Mislim Bait wrote:This is just me but I think subbing out is just for OOG reasons including mental health
I'm sure everyone knows that replacements ruin games for everyone including the host
like maybe if you didn't have a clueless town subbing into d5 elo then maybe town would've won this game.

It might not always be true but giving players the choice to subout for a game related reason already leaves the remaining players an info to speculate whether them subbing out got something to do with their alignment
afterall they already saw what their alignment is before they subbed out.
People may not say it in thread because it's not allowed but it will always be at the back of their mind.

but thats just me ranting why subs are bad
I may hate subs out
Respectfully, that's a you issue, not a site issue.

Replacements don't ruin games. They're certainly an inconvenience, especially if the replacement isn't going to do what is the necessary bare minimum in the gamestate. However, that's an issue with the player replacing in, not with the idea of a replacement. The onus is on the player replacing in to put in the necessary time/effort.

The site does have an issue with many replacements refusing to do so. This is never the fault of the slot subbing out. It can be understandable to not want to read a 200 page game when subbing in. It is still a choice to choose not to.

People generally don't question replace-outs anymore.
The site punishes players replacing out strategically. The site punishes players who announce the reason why they're replacing out. The site punishes players who have a repeated history of subbing out in circumstances which can lead to a trust tell. If there are grounds to suspect one of these applies, it can enter people's minds as something they report to the authorities (and then they can and should immediately move on after they have filed reports of their concerns).

Otherwise, it doesn't, because it shouldn't. Players don't speculate. They don't do so inthread, but they also don't do so in their mind. You might. You're in the minority. As it should be, because speculation on motives for replacing out doesn't belong in the game. The site rules make that clear.
I don't understand why you think subs doesn't ruin games.
I have had many many instances as scum that I was this close to mislimming lhf town but they subbed out because they think they aren't good enough so an experienced player showed up then suddenly all the effort that I did pushing the slot gone wasted.
As town It's also pretty hard to push subbed slots like you might have questions or misunderstanding but no one can answer them so you're just stuck thinking that way because the previous person subbed.
I've also seen hosts forced to modkill players because they couldn't find a sub

You can't claim to be all knowing and say people won't do it in their mind.
In post 1303, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 1298, Doctor Drew wrote: Not sure I understand what you mean here.
Black rep out was 98% "fuck this game I'm out." How D1 ended was favorable to scum.
I'm only guessing of course but I'm inclined to believe that's what happened.
This is literally this game
if I saw a slot get subbed more than once then I just can't help but get this feeling that they're scum.
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5127 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:52 pm

Post by IceDragon70 »

Holy shit 200 pages.
Well GG, GrandpaMo pocketed me hard for real.
On the other hand, I was lockscumming Klickwork from D1 and got a guilty on them and they still lived somehow. That's impressive.
Ughhhh what a fucking game. GG WP scum.
Feelin' frosty
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #5128 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:13 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 5127, IceDragon70 wrote: Holy shit 200 pages.
On the other hand, I was lockscumming Klickwork from D1 and got a guilty on them and they still lived somehow. That's impressive.
tbh something I think I was thinking about in the moment is what kind of guilty do you have on me, because you voted bluesnek which is like "ok???"
If you claimed it I probably would have gotten out of it. As I said, you had NOTHIN on me.

you voted someone and put them in elimination range. That was pretty funny. Thanks for putting that in range for all 4 wolves to kill bluesnek.

Anyway I just turned you into a demon, shot you, and then faked a guilty the next day phase on a wolf to get cred...

Ya idunno how I convinced a pl that a new player faked a guilty but it happened!
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5129 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:27 pm

Post by IceDragon70 »

Good job honestly
Feelin' frosty
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5130 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 3:54 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 5128, Alisae wrote:
In post 5127, IceDragon70 wrote: Holy shit 200 pages.
tbh something I think I was thinking about in the moment is what kind of guilty do you have on me, because you voted bluesnek which is like "ok???"
If you claimed it I probably would have gotten out of it. As I said, you had NOTHIN on me.

you voted someone and put them in elimination range. That was pretty funny. Thanks for putting that in range for all 4 wolves to kill bluesnek.

Anyway I just turned you into a demon, shot you, and then faked a guilty the next day phase on a wolf to get cred...

Ya idunno how I convinced a pl that a new player faked a guilty but it happened!
https://www.fox61.com/article/news/crim ... 623daa9b45

How dare you Alisae.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #5131 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 5:38 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 5125, Doctor Drew wrote: That is interesting Ranger.

There was a recent game I was in that GranpaMo was also in. They pulled this gambit as town claiming they had a guilty on someone, long story short they didn't really have a guilty. During the night phase Granpa replaced out and there was heavy speculation that he replaced out because he was caught scum.

Turns out they were town and I guess something came up irl so they had to replace out, all just a coincidence.

But is it wrong for other players to speculate and use that to possibly scum read that slot?
never never never i will ever replace out of a game because of punk reason.

i had replaced out that game due to some family medical emergency and it was unfortunate because of the timing of reasons

and i say this because i always pull gambits like these and i have FUN while doing it because most of the time i either get away with it because of how i play it out, or if im scum i make it worse for town in a good way
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #5132 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:20 am

Post by T-Bone »

Think this game was good? Head to the 2023 Scummies nomination thread located here and nominate your favorite thing about this game! There are over a dozen categories! Maybe next year's winner happened here?
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”