Micro 1075: The Coalition of Imaginary Creatures (Game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:01 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Hello. I did not do the reading. I might be able to tonight. I might not. I don't feel bad because I've already done more than Penguin :P

How would y'all feel if we elim between me/penguin/dunn today? i'd rather lose the game now than elim umlaut today and still lose tomorrow. also for selfish reasons; if we correctly solve and elim the scum in penguin/dunn, it's just always umlaut tomorrow. i'd rather not be miselimmed thru paranoia in F3 if we correctly elim umlaut today, and i have a tendency to put my foot in my mouth so that's a strong possibility. if i get miselimmed today i can at least save face and pin it on patch :shifty:

also if it's somehow umlaut/not_mafia as the scum team we like always lose here i think.

so i don't see any problem with putting off umlaut and NM until tomorrow while we have an additional town player today
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:01 pm

Post by Skygazer »

i'm drunk btw
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:04 pm

Post by Skygazer »

i think penguin jumping right to calling me scum with NM betrays that he's not really considering dunn/NM too closely; like it seems like the kind of post scum would make if they have their end-game plan set, not a post a townie would make if they still need to read the game lol
i have the most queues
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:04 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

V
OTECOUNT
E
LIMINATION
V
OTES
P
LAYER
N
AME
C
URRENT
V
OTES
patchwork (0)
None
PenguinPower (0)
None
Not_Mafia (1)
Umlaut
Umlaut (2)
Not_Mafia, Skygazer
Dunnstral (0)
None
NOT VOTING:
PenguinPower, Dunnstral
With 5 alive, it takes 3 votes to eliminate.
Deadline: (expired on 2023-04-27 18:20:00)
Notes:
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:04 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 952, Skygazer wrote: i think penguin jumping right to calling me scum with NM betrays that he's not really considering dunn/NM too closely; like it seems like the kind of post scum would make if they have their end-game plan set, not a post a townie would make if they still need to read the game lol
*considering dunn/umlaut
i have the most queues
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:08 pm

Post by Umlaut »

There is really not much to pick at in N_M's posts, because there's not much there at all. He takes positions like "NSG is town" or "this wagon is good/bad" but doesn't really argue for them so I can't criticize the arguments. But there was this:
In post 643, Not_Mafia wrote: It isn't me, if I were scum I wouldn't have bothered trying to get myself into the coalition, I would have boosted my partner
...which Keychain called out on Day 1:
In post 700, Keychain wrote: you were trying to get yourself into the coalition? when? It didn't appear to me that you cared but this post suggests you were paying pretty close attention, and especially gives the impression you were doing exactly what you say you weren't, in trying to get yourself in there.
...but no one ever really followed up on it. I think Keychain actually caught N_M right here, I probably should have followed up on it myself yesterday but I thought the meta argument for town!N_M was good enough that I just didn't even think about it again.

Assuming we yeet N_M today, hopefully this is enough to convince you I'm not scum with him. I was on track to be in the coalition all day, so N_M had no reason to push for himself to be on there too if I were his buddy.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:11 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 950, Skygazer wrote: How would y'all feel if we elim between me/penguin/dunn today? i'd rather lose the game now than elim umlaut today and still lose tomorrow. also for selfish reasons; if we correctly solve and elim the scum in penguin/dunn, it's just always umlaut tomorrow. i'd rather not be miselimmed thru paranoia in F3 if we correctly elim umlaut today, and i have a tendency to put my foot in my mouth so that's a strong possibility. if i get miselimmed today i can at least save face and pin it on patch :shifty:
Please, please don't let me live just to 1v1 N_M again tomorrow.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:26 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 955, Umlaut wrote: Assuming we yeet N_M today, hopefully this is enough to convince you I'm not scum with him
considering i'm the only one seriously considering you and NM (and not even that much); why do you feel the need to convince me of that? i'm always scum from your point of view
i have the most queues
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:30 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I wasn't talking to you specifically, that was the general "you"

Just because no one believes it today doesn't mean they might not get talked into it tomorrow.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:52 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 955, Umlaut wrote: There is really not much to pick at in N_M's posts, because there's not much there at all. He takes positions like "NSG is town" or "this wagon is good/bad" but doesn't really argue for them so I can't criticize the arguments. But there was this:
In post 643, Not_Mafia wrote: It isn't me, if I were scum I wouldn't have bothered trying to get myself into the coalition, I would have boosted my partner
...which Keychain called out on Day 1:
In post 700, Keychain wrote: you were trying to get yourself into the coalition? when? It didn't appear to me that you cared but this post suggests you were paying pretty close attention, and especially gives the impression you were doing exactly what you say you weren't, in trying to get yourself in there.
...but no one ever really followed up on it. I think Keychain actually caught N_M right here, I probably should have followed up on it myself yesterday but I thought the meta argument for town!N_M was good enough that I just didn't even think about it again.

Assuming we yeet N_M today, hopefully this is enough to convince you I'm not scum with him. I was on track to be in the coalition all day, so N_M had no reason to push for himself to be on there too if I were his buddy.
This is a a desperately weak argument
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:54 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 950, Skygazer wrote: Hello. I did not do the reading. I might be able to tonight. I might not. I don't feel bad because I've already done more than Penguin :P

How would y'all feel if we elim between me/penguin/dunn today? i'd rather lose the game now than elim umlaut today and still lose tomorrow. also for selfish reasons; if we correctly solve and elim the scum in penguin/dunn, it's just always umlaut tomorrow. i'd rather not be miselimmed thru paranoia in F3 if we correctly elim umlaut today, and i have a tendency to put my foot in my mouth so that's a strong possibility. if i get miselimmed today i can at least save face and pin it on patch :shifty:

also if it's somehow umlaut/not_mafia as the scum team we like always lose here i think.

so i don't see any problem with putting off umlaut and NM until tomorrow while we have an additional town player today
I did have this thought, which makes me even more confident in Skygazer town. But Dunn is clearly leaning against me here and I think Umlaut can sway him in a 1v1, Umlaut clearly thinks so too since he is advocating for it aswell
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:31 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 960, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 950, Skygazer wrote: Hello. I did not do the reading. I might be able to tonight. I might not. I don't feel bad because I've already done more than Penguin :P

I did have this thought, which makes me even more confident in Skygazer town. But Dunn is clearly leaning against me here and I think Umlaut can sway him in a 1v1, Umlaut clearly thinks so too since he is advocating for it aswell
well this makes me think even more that ur not aligned w umlaut bc if u were u'd be all over that idea

but if, lets say we got penguin or dunn today, you'd be conf-town tomorrow for the 1v1 against umlaut bc if you were scum with penguin or dunn one of them would've hammered

if we got me today we just lose which im fine with, i'd be more annoyed at successfully pushing for umlaut and losing anyways in the F3
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:31 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 951, Skygazer wrote: i'm drunk btw
im hungover btw
i have the most queues
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:34 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

You can't get a hangover if you never stop drinking
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:24 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 108, KawaiiKame wrote: In reading the game I came in agreement with the aggressive coalition philosophy, put who you see as town with the highest chance of getting into the coalition as town, reading everything I came to see everyone within the coalition as town, since that's the path of least resistance to town victory in my eyes I took the gambit, I don't see myself getting into the coalition but all my townreads do

The way this game is played is distinct to any game I played since town in the coalition is an instant town win, in this stage I only need to see who is town, all I see as town is in the coalition except me

pedit: The best way to contribute in this is with my coalition vote and win, I didn't know what to say b4, all I knew was to vote in who I saw as town into the coalition to advance the game
ok this is one of those posts that would ping me strongly at this point in the game

the way kawaii just says a lot of words that basically just amount to uncontroversial mechanical observations which i tend to read as scum trying to look townie
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:31 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 194, Not_Mafia wrote: VOTE: River
In post 195, Deltabreedy wrote: Is that it?

There's no-one called River in the game.
In post 196, Not_Mafia wrote: There is in my dictionary
In post 197, Not_Mafia wrote: I'm adamant that River not be included in the coalition
ah i think i found the old not_mafia
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:32 pm

Post by Skygazer »

that made me like let some air out of my nose which is like actually a strong reaction for me
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:48 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 341, Keychain wrote: These are the current votes for each player to be on the coalition for reference from the votecount as of this post, please correct it if I messed up, manual votecounting and reformatting is a nightmare.

Eiralox
(9): Eiralox, Keychain, patchwork, KawaiiKame, Not_Mafia, northsidegal, Umlaut, Dunnstral, Bingle
northsidegal
(9): northsidegal, Keychain, patchwork, KawaiiKame, Not_Mafia, Eiralox, Umlaut, Dunnstral, Bingle
Keychain
(4): Keychain, KawaiiKame, Not_Mafia, Umlaut
Umlaut
(4): Umlaut, KawaiiKame, Eiralox, Dunnstral
Dunnstral
(4): Dunnstral, Keychain, KawaiiKame, Bingle
Bingle
(3): Bingle, patchwork, Umlaut
Not_Mafia
(3): Not_Mafia, Keychain, Eiralox
patchwork
(2): patchwork, Not_Mafia
KawaiiKame
(0)

The fact that Kawaii's coalition is exactly the 5 most coalitioned players bothers me so much :lol: since if we were going to do partner hunting, I'd assume scum!kawaii's partner would be in their coalition
damn, true
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:49 pm

Post by Skygazer »

*me double checking to make sure i remembered correctly that im patch and penguin is kawaii*

yup so true
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:51 pm

Post by Skygazer »

its a shame that most of the ppl spewing themselves as town in my reading session are dead
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:53 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 358, northsidegal wrote:
In post 347, Bingle wrote:
In post 343, northsidegal wrote: i strongly oppose these 3 people being in the coalition and would like anyone who currently has them in their coalition to explain their reasoning
Already mentioned the read on Dunn. I have also been feeling better about Umlaut recently, and wouldn't strenuously object to his inclusion. I think if he's scum it's likely to be with Dunn or you and I don't think either Dunn or you is likely scum at the moment.

Honestly kind of surprised that I'm not in the top 5, given that I feel I'm being fairly townread atm.

Is your exclusion of Kame from this list because you're feeling better about them or because they don't have the votes that you feel the need to voice your concern?
not to try to influence your partner reading too much, but i think that umlaut / kame is a real possibility. the exclusion of kame was because of the latter.
look at her go
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:56 pm

Post by Skygazer »

dunn here does come across as townier than penguin to me
i have the most queues
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:57 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 970, Skygazer wrote:
In post 358, northsidegal wrote:
In post 347, Bingle wrote:
In post 343, northsidegal wrote: i strongly oppose these 3 people being in the coalition and would like anyone who currently has them in their coalition to explain their reasoning
Already mentioned the read on Dunn. I have also been feeling better about Umlaut recently, and wouldn't strenuously object to his inclusion. I think if he's scum it's likely to be with Dunn or you and I don't think either Dunn or you is likely scum at the moment.

Honestly kind of surprised that I'm not in the top 5, given that I feel I'm being fairly townread atm.

Is your exclusion of Kame from this list because you're feeling better about them or because they don't have the votes that you feel the need to voice your concern?
not to try to influence your partner reading too much, but i think that umlaut / kame is a real possibility. the exclusion of kame was because of the latter.
look at her go
The NSG elim was unforgiveable
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:13 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 457, patchwork wrote: man i dont even have a genda
good post
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:17 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 971, Skygazer wrote: dunn here does come across as townier than penguin to me
to clarify i remember some dunn scum games i played where they lurked hard as scum

and theyre not like *super* active here but theyre fairly active compared to what i remember

granted a lot can change over the years so i gotta take that w a grain of salt
i have the most queues

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”