Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! That's a Wrap!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! That's a Wrap!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:28 pm

Post by T-Bone »

DA RULES:
A. All Team Mafia Rules Apply.

1. You may not discuss this game outside of this thread, with anyone not on your Team Mafia team, for any reason, unless your role specifically states that you can do so. I will supply anyone a Private Topic who is able to talk outside the thread.

2. Once you die in this game you may not post anymore. Not even a "Bah/Go Team" post. Please save it for the post-game thread.

3. You are dead when I say you are. Until I post that you are dead, you may talk.

4. Once you have received your Role PM, please confirm by replying to the Role PM.

5. No quoting PM's for ANY reason. If you have a question about your role, PM me. Do not ask in the thread. No quoting PTs or Mod communication either, you can still paraphrase, however.

6. The Day phase will last a maximum of 10 days. Any game days past Day 5 will last a maximum of 7 days. At mod discretion night phase deadlines can be shortened. Prods will be sent out after 36 hours of inactivity. If after 36 hours of inactivity I will prod and after 48 hours of inactivity I will direct your Team to start searching for a replacement.

7. All use of Night actions must be PMed to me. Anyone with a PT may declare their action in the PT instead.

8. All posts must contain visible letters. You cannot use text that has to be highlighted to read, or text so small that it has to be enlarged, or text that needs to be translated. Although, bbcoding your messages is allowed.

9. If you need to go V/LA for an extended period of time that will include not being able to post within a 48 hour period, please request replacement.

10. All votes must be in emboldened in this format using bold or vote tags: VOTE: Player A; if it's not in bold the vote does not count. Unvoting must be done in the same manner, though you do not need to include the name of the person you wish to unvote. For example;
Unvote Vote: Player B
. Unvoting isn't mandatory to vote another player, however doing so would be courteous to the Mod and help ensure the accuracy of vote counts.

11. This is a game of strategy, but it is also intended to be fun. Some people play this game more aggressively than others. Do not be offended by this! It’s best to not take most things said personally.

12. No excessive trolling or disruptive behavior in the thread. Examples of this may be repeated posts calling other players names, using excessive profanity, repeating the same post over and over again. Trolling or other disruptive behavior will be met with forced-replacement.

13. Please take care to not misgender your fellow players. Once is an accident. Multiple times is gonna get you forced-replaced.

14. I WILL NOT answer any questions concerning any of my posts in the thread. If you feel I made a mistake, you can point them out through PM. I will fix any mistakes that may exist quietly. If you have any questions about your role or game, PM me. If I can answer them I will as long as it does not compromise the game.

15. As your all powerful Game Mod I reserve the right to change the rules, with or without notice. Rules that are struck through do not apply to this game.

Master PlayerlistBlack (Good in Plaid)
Ircher
BlueSnakelet
(Whimsical Activities)
DragonEater70 (Pork Eaters)
Drixx (We Don’t Mafia)
Dunnstral (Polymewl)
Feysal (Ancient Guard)
Firebringer (Perfectly Balanced)
Frozen Angel (Shadow Syndicate)
GuyInFreezer (Average ™ Enjoyers)
Klick (Klickin’ Chickens)
Kuribo (Ghosts of NKs)
Pink Ball (Jingle Ballers)
Save The Dragons (Studies Show)
Thestatusquo (Frog Friends)
Titus (Crispy Cream Puffs)

Spoiler: Alive
Drixx
Dunnstral
Frozen Angel
GuyInFreezer
Ircher
Kuribo
Pink Ball
Save The Dragons
Thestatusquo

Spoiler: Dead
DragonEater70 - Town Cast Member - Eliminated Day 1
Feysal - Town Cast Member - Killed Night 1
Titus - Town Cast Member - Eliminated Day 2
Black - Town Cast Member - Killed Night 2
Klick - Town Cast Member - Eliminated Day 3
Firebringer - Town Cast Member - Killed Night 3

TEAM MAFIA 2023 GAMEPLAY RULESET

ALL SITE RULES, INCLUDING THOSE PROHIBITING TALKING ABOUT NON TEAM MAFIA GAMES, STILL APPLY.

I reserve the right to append these rules should it become necessary. If this happens, all players will be notified
If you have any doubt about whether something is against the rules or not, pm me, and ask.

Team Communication

1. Each team will be provided a Private Topic (PT).
2. Each team will be provided a Discord Channel (DC).
3. Players may copy and paste whatever they want into their PT/DC.
They may not copy and paste text OUT of their PT/DC into game threads.

4. Players may continue to communicate with their team after in-game death in their provided PT/DC.
5. There are no restrictions for what players can post in their PT/DC's outside of not breaking site rules.

6. Team PT/DC's will only be made public after the game if all players on the team consent to their release.
7. All Game PT's including all scum PT's will automatically be released after Team Mafia.

8. There will not be Spectator/Dead PT's.
9. You will convey your role and alignment to your teammates.
9a. You will be aware of the roles and alignments of your teammates.
10. You will convey all moderator-given information to your teammates (ex. cop results)

Talking About Other Games

1. There are no restrictions for what players can post in their PT/DC's outside of not breaking site rules. The rules for this section refer to what players can talk about in their ongoing games and ongoing game PT's.
2. Players are only allowed to talk about mod-confirmed things from other ongoing Team Mafia games.

Examples of things that ARE allowed
  • Stating who is on what team.
  • Stating what Day or Night another game is in.
  • Stating how many players are left alive on a team.
  • Stating how many town or scum are alive in another game.
  • Stating whether a dead player in another game has flipped town or scum.

3. Any public speculation about other ongoing games is prohibited.
4. Any attempt to publicly signal players from other ongoing games, pass messages to players from other games, or otherwise communicate through the use of cryptography is prohibited.
5. Do not try to loophole these rules. If anyone has questions at any point about what is allowed or not allowed please message a Team Mafia Mod.
6. To repeat: If you have any doubt about whether something is against the rules or not, PM me, and ask.

Your Teammates are Always Innocent Until Proven Guilty

1. You may at no time say, indicate, insinuate, etc. in a game or game-related PT that your Team Mafia teammates are or might be anything other than town.
2. Exception: You may talk about your teammates being scum if they have flipped scum in another game (i.e. are dead).
3. If a player is NOT on your team and is still alive in another game, you must follow the rules in the Talking About Other Games thread.

Replacements

1. It is your job to replace team members who are not active. You are allowed to ask anyone who has not previously been involved in this event. We have a list of people in this thread who have already signaled a willingness to replace in, if you cannot find someone. If you (the team) do not find a replacement in either of these two ways and I have to do it for you, there will be a tiebreak penalty.
2. To replace a team member, you must PM Untrod Tripod AND the moderator of your game. We have a list of replacements that you will be able to choose from.
3. You may replace with anyone who is not currently on a Team Mafia team, has not previously been on a different Team Mafia team, is and has not been part of the Team Mafia Organizing team (Moderators, Balance-checkers, players in tiebreak game), and is eligible to play in mafia games. However, only 4 people may be involved in the PT at any time. A replaced team member may not participate in any way unless they are replaced back in.
4. The mod will force replace any player who has not posted within 3 days (Prodded after 48 hours, no response for 24 more) of their last post (not including Night). This will come at a penalty to the team.
5. If a player must be replaced due to mod errors or another outside influence (such as gaining information that they should not be able to have), the mods may assist in finding a replacement without assessing a penalty.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:32 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Game Specific Rules

Someone has messed with the scripts, and you forgot what your part is! This is bad! Why?

Because come tomorrow you won't be able to remember what your role is. Prior to the start of each Day phase, the Dawn phase, Amnesiac Roles will be distributed to all players. What does this mean?

Members of the town will get a generic Factional Role PM as shown below during Night 0 in the pre-game phase. At Dawn, members of the town will receive their Amnesiac Role. There are a number of roles in rotation that will be randomly distributed each Dawn Phase. That means that even dead players will be assigned Amnesiac Roles at Dawn. (Though they will not be PMed, since they are dead) The Mafia Team will be assigned Amnesiac Roles in the same random manner, though the roles will not be granted to them.

I have standardized terminology for Role PMs and Actions to make things as easy as possible.

There are three types of Abilities. Active Abilities, Passive Abilities, and Factional Abilities. Role PMs will refer to these abilities as such. Active abilities will require players to target one or more players. Some Active Abilities may have 'self' as a valid target. Passive Abilities are always active and don't require any further action by the player. Factional Abilities are unique to each faction, and may or may not require player targeting.

Night actions will be resolved with Natural Action Resolution. All abilities that fall under NAR are classified into one of the categories. For example, a Serial Killer's killing ability will be called a 'kill' in the text of the ability. A Firefighter's ability to stop fire-based kills will be called a 'protect' in the text of the ability.

Sample Town Factional Role PM
PLAYER - Town Cast Member

Lights! Camera! Action! You are a cast member for Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! Who hired you anyway? And where's your script? I don't remember...

Factional Ability

As a Cast Member you will receive an Amnesiac Role at the start of each day phase. That role will be your role for the entire day phase until the start of the next day phase.

You will always be aligned with the Town. Amnesiac Roles are not tied to a specific alignment.

Win Condition

You win when all threats to the Town Cast Members are eliminated.

Sample Amnesiac Role PM
PLAYER - Vanilla Background Character

Here's your script. You stand quietly over there, you have no lines. Sorry only the real stars get talking parts.

Passive Ability

Quiet on the set! You may post and cast votes during the day phase.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:35 pm

Post by T-Bone »

The Movie Trailer[The trailer opens with a dark and moody scene, with dramatic music playing in the background. A voiceover begins to speak.]

Voiceover:
"In a world where nothing is as it seems, and trust is a luxury few can afford..."

[Cut to a montage of different characters, all looking confused and disoriented. Some are holding their heads as if in pain, while others are frantically searching through their pockets and bags.]

Voiceover:
"A new game is about to begin. A game that will test your memory, your loyalty, and your very soul."

[Cut to a group of characters standing together in a dimly-lit room, all looking suspicious and wary. One of them, a woman with wild hair and a haunted look in her eyes, steps forward.]

Spy:
"I don't know who any of you are, or why we're here. But I do know one thing... someone in this room is lying."

[The music swells to a crescendo as the camera pans around the room, focusing on each character's face in turn. They all look determined, yet afraid.]

Voiceover:
"Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie. A game of memory, deception, and survival. Who can you trust when you can't even trust yourself?"

[Cut to a montage of action-packed scenes, with characters running through the streets, dodging bullets, and engaging in tense standoffs.]

Voiceover:
"Coming soon to a theater near you. The game that will keep you guessing until the very end. Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie."

[The trailer ends with a final shot of the characters standing together, looking both united and divided at the same time.]

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:18 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Role PMs went out some time ago. Please reply to them to confirm. Game starts once all players have confirmed.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:06 am

Post by T-Bone »

I have confirmation from 11 players, if you haven't confirmed with me yet please do so.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:08 am

Post by T-Bone »

All players have confirmed. Amnesiac roles for Day 1 will go out shortly.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:37 am

Post by T-Bone »

Spoiler: Scene 1
Scene 1[The scene opens on a dusty, run-down saloon, with a group of people lying on the floor, groaning and holding their heads. The saloon is empty, except for the unconscious figures.]

Accountant: [dazedly] What the Sam Hill happened here?

Plumber: [panicked] Did someone slip us a mickey? Are we bein' held hostage?

School Teacher: [looking around nervously] There's a door over yonder. Maybe we can find a way out.

[Rancher, the rugged cowboy with a scruffy beard, tries the handle. It's locked.]

Chef: [frustrated] Consarn it, it's no use. We're trapped.

[Just then, a mysterious figure appears in the doorway. It's a tall, imposing figure, with a black cowboy hat and a long coat.]

Voice: [in a deep, gravelly voice] Welcome, strangers. I reckon you're all wondering why you're here.

[The group looks at the stranger, confused and wary.]

Voice: [in a deep, gravelly voice] You're here to play a game of wits and deception. A game that will test your memory, your cunning, and your loyalty to each other.

[The group looks even more confused and scared now.]

Voice: [in a deep, gravelly voice] But first, a little twist. You see, all of you have amnesia. You don't remember who you are, why you're here, or who you can trust.

[The group looks around nervously.]

Voice: [in a deep, gravelly voice] But don't fret. You'll figure it out soon enough. Just remember one thing... in this game, there can be only one winner.

[The mysterious figure disappears, leaving the group in stunned silence.]

Accountant: [shakily] What in tarnation kind of game is this?

Waitress: [voice trembling] I don't rightly know, but we have to get out of here.

[The group huddles together, looking around nervously as the realization sinks in that they're in for a game unlike any they've ever played before.]

Vote Count

Not Voting - 15
(Black, BlueSnakelet, DragonEater70, Drixx, Dunnstral, Feysal, Firebringer, Frozen Angel, GuyInFreezer, Klick, Kuribo, Pink Ball, Save The Dragons, Thestatusquo, Titus)

With 15 Alive, It Takes 8 to Eliminate

Activity Check:
Start of Day

Deadline: (expired on 2023-04-25 17:00:00)

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:40 am

Post by Klick »

First
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:41 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Also first
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:42 am

Post by Klick »

VOTE: Black

I had a vision that she was Mafia
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:43 am

Post by Pink Ball »

First that actually counts
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:43 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 7, Klick wrote: First
VOTE: Klick

Serious vote
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:47 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

I have 3 scumreads
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:50 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

everyone called for first but no one called the second place

so second

also VOTE: Klick cause first players smell

just gonna say that I probably wont be active much tonight and will start playing game tomorrow night cause I'm really busy
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:54 am

Post by Firebringer »

[Cowboy (played by Firebringer) enters the Saloon]

Cowboy: Alright fellas, it looks like we got a classic case of mass amnesia

Ranchhand (Klick): Classic?

[The ranchhand has clearly never heard of this being a classic]

Cowboy: Partner, in my time ive seen this all over this side of the Missippi. Usually caused by someone polluting the water, someone probably making illegal moonshine around these parts.

[He pauses for a brief moment everyone looks around like they don't know what he is talking about]

Cowboy: Well, I reckon I am willing to help yall, but it won't be cheap. I be willing to bet you some treasure you willing to part with to clear this mess up

Bartender(Save The Dragons): We don't need your services here stranger

Bald Man at the Bar (TheStatusquo): Yeah, none of us asked for your opinion.

Waiter (Pink Ball): Did we not ask for his help? [looks confused]

Singer (Frozen Angel): I need help! I can't remember my next set!

Cowboy: Well if you don't want my services, I best be on my way.

[Cowboy prepares to leave the saloon but a few people stop him and try to persuade and promise a good reward]

Cowboy: You all caught me on a good day, I'll help you out then. First things first, I will begin interviewing each and everyone of you. Clearly some of you remember who you are.

Lets start with that old man wearing the black suit.
VOTE: Dunnstral

Why don't we have a chat
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:56 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Starting during the basketball playoffs is :(

VOTE: klick

He knows why.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:00 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Also if I vote you I'm flirting with you.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:02 am

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Firebringer

Awww I feel left out Shea
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:03 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

There'll be time for us later Titus. ;)
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:04 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Also I'm at my friend's place watching basketball so i won't be here very much today so don't spam too much k?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:06 am

Post by Firebringer »

The Cowboy looks around as the other people in the tavern talk amongst themselves. They seem mostly uninterested in what the Cowboy has to say.

The old man at his table the cowboy is trying to interrogate seems to have dozzed of immediately as he approached and asked him questions.

The cowboy has a look of frustration that is clearly visible.

Cowboy: Hey old man, answer me when im talking to you.

[A young woman (Titus) approaches the Cowboy]

Young Woman: That old man can't be bothered to help you, mister. He comes around here and falls asleep at this table all the time.

Cowboy: You know him?

Young Woman: I think so? (she looks confused) I can't recall his name or mine but I do remember seeing him here several times.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:15 am

Post by Klick »

V/LA for a day, Eastermeet

Wagon me harder scumducks
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:23 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 14, Firebringer wrote: [Cowboy (played by Firebringer) enters the Saloon]

Cowboy: Alright fellas, it looks like we got a classic case of mass amnesia

Ranchhand (Klick): Classic?

[The ranchhand has clearly never heard of this being a classic]

Cowboy: Partner, in my time ive seen this all over this side of the
Missippi
. Usually caused by someone polluting the water, someone probably making illegal moonshine around these parts.

[He pauses for a brief moment everyone looks around like they don't know what he is talking about]

Cowboy: Well, I reckon I am willing to help yall, but it won't be cheap. I be willing to bet you some treasure you willing to part with to clear this mess up

Bartender(Save The Dragons): We don't need your services here stranger

Bald Man at the Bar (TheStatusquo): Yeah, none of us asked for your opinion.

Waiter (Pink Ball): Did we not ask for his help? [looks confused]

Singer (Frozen Angel): I need help! I can't remember my next set!

Cowboy: Well if you don't want my services, I best be on my way.

[Cowboy prepares to leave the saloon but a few people stop him and try to persuade and promise a good reward]

Cowboy: You all caught me on a good day, I'll help you out then. First things first, I will begin interviewing each and everyone of you. Clearly some of you remember who you are.

Lets start with that old man wearing the black suit.
VOTE: Dunnstral

Why don't we have a chat
-town points for spelling Mississippi wrong
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:53 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Black i know you're an addict why haven't you posted yet
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:00 am

Post by Titus »

*feels old* Who?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”