Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! That's a Wrap!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6625 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 3:40 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

And with your way you get to talk to your ancestors.

idk benefits on both sides.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6626 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 3:40 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 6623, kuribo wrote:
In post 6617, Drixx wrote:
In post 6613, Pink Ball wrote: I think I under estimated how sick you got Drixx because it felt like you were dragging on purpose from a townie point of view
I might have underestimated how sick I was. May have been prudent for me to go visit an urgent care a couple days ago.
Yeah don't do like I did and try to power through it with Dayquil and double shifts

Or I mean, do

But I did end up catching pneumonia at a ring of honor show in Baltimore that way one time
I kinda did power through working 14 hour shifts all week as it was getting worse. Using dayquil.

Oops?
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6627 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 3:41 pm

Post by kuribo »

One time I was a tree stump so I spent the entire first two days claiming different roles in every post

Eventually the scum team couldn't figure out why I was trolling, so they shot me and when I came back to life I helped town catch all of them lol. One of my two favorite town games of all time
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #6628 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 3:42 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 6625, Thestatusquo wrote: And with your way you get to talk to your ancestors.

idk benefits on both sides.
I'm ducking some of my ancestors at the moment I owe them money

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #6629 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 3:46 pm

Post by T-Bone »

DAY 4 VOTE COUNT
Drixx - 5 (Dunnstral, Ircher, Thestatusquo, GuyInFreezer, Pink Ball)

Not Voting - 4 (Drixx, Frozen Angel, Kuribo, Save The Dragons)

With 9 Alive, It Takes 5 to Eliminate

Activity Check:
Day Ends Post #6587

Deadline: (expired on 2023-05-18 11:00:00)
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #6630 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 3:47 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Scene 29 INT. GRAND HALL - NIGHT

The grand hall is adorned with opulent decorations, reflecting a sense of triumph and accomplishment. The room is filled with distinguished individuals, heads of state, and influential figures from across the globe. At the center of the hall, elevated on a grand podium, stands The Voice, exuding an aura of power and control. The Detective and the Surgeon are present, their expressions filled with a mixture of disbelief and defeat.

VOICE: (smirking) Ladies and gentlemen, today marks the beginning of a new era. An era where the world bows before its true ruler—the King of Earth.

The crowd erupts into applause, a mixture of genuine admiration and coerced obedience.

DETECTIVE (whispering): How did we let it come to this? We failed.

SURGEON: (voice filled with determination) It's not over yet. We may have lost this battle, but the war isn't over. We'll find a way to bring him down.

As The Voice addresses the crowd, proclaiming his dominion, his gaze momentarily meets the Detective and Surgeon. A smug smile plays on his lips, a silent acknowledgment of his victory.

VOICE: (raising his voice) Let it be known that from this day forward, Earth will be under my benevolent rule. I shall usher in an era of progress, unity, and ultimate control.

Suddenly, the room is plunged into darkness. Confusion and panic grip the attendees as they scramble for safety.

DETECTIVE: (whispering urgently) This is our chance. We need to find the source of his power, expose his true intentions.

SURGEON: Agreed. Let's use this chaos to our advantage.

With stealth and determination, the Detective and Surgeon navigate through the shadows, avoiding The Voice's loyal guards. They search for any clue, any weakness that could turn the tide.

Amidst the chaos, they stumble upon a hidden passage, leading to a concealed chamber. Inside, they discover an ancient artifact, radiating an enigmatic energy.

DETECTIVE: This must be it. The source of his power. If we destroy it, we can end his reign.

SURGEON: Hurry, before he realizes what we're up to.

As they prepare to dismantle the artifact, The Voice's voice echoes through the chamber.

VOICE: (voice echoing) You think you can stop me? You're too late. The wheels are already in motion.

DETECTIVE: We won't let you succeed. We'll fight until the very end.

SURGEON: The world deserves better than your tyranny.

With unwavering determination, they work quickly, trying to disable the artifact. The room rumbles, cracks forming on the walls as the power source weakens. The room flashes in a white light.

The grand hall is filled with an eerie silence, as The Voice stands triumphantly on the grand podium. The Detective and Surgeon, battered and bruised, lie on the floor, their attempts to destroy the artifact in vain.

VOICE: (laughing triumphantly) You see, my dear adversaries, your feeble attempts to stop me were nothing but a mere nuisance. Now, witness the true power of the King of Earth!

The Voice raises his hands, commanding the artifact to unleash its full potential. A surge of energy emanates from the artifact, enveloping the entire hall. The room trembles, and dark tendrils of power extend from the artifact, consuming everything in their path.

DETECTIVE: (whispering weakly) We... we failed...

SURGEON: (voice filled with regret) We couldn't save them... we couldn't save the world...

As the power engulfs them, their bodies dissipate into the darkness, becoming mere echoes of their former selves.

The Voice revels in his victory, his laughter echoing through the hall. The world outside succumbs to his rule, enveloped in an eternal darkness as the credits begin to roll.

FADE OUT.

RevealDrixx was Eliminated! Drixx was...

Spoiler: Role Reveal
Drixx - Town Cast Member

Lights! Camera! Action! You are a cast member for Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! Who hired you anyway? And where's your script? I don't remember...

Factional Ability

As a Cast Member you will receive an Amnesiac Role at the start of each day phase. That role will be your role for the entire day phase until the start of the next day phase.

You will always be aligned with the Town. Amnesiac Roles are not tied to a specific alignment.

Win Condition

You win when all threats to the Town Cast Members are eliminated.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #6631 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 3:50 pm

Post by T-Bone »

A win condition has been achieved!

The winners of Amnesiac Mafia are....The Mafia Team of Dunnstral, Frozen Angel, Pink Ball, and Thestatusquo! Congratulations!

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #6632 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 3:51 pm

Post by T-Bone »

This topic will remain locked until the conclusion of Team Mafia. Any PTs if they exist will also be locked.

I will send out a survey to all players. Filling this survey out is an integral part of your Team Mafia participation.

Threads will be unlocked at the conclusion of Team Mafia. Thanks for playing!

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #6633 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 4:07 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Spoiler: Roles + Setup
Sample Town Factional Role PM
PLAYER - Town Cast Member

Lights! Camera! Action! You are a cast member for Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! Who hired you anyway? And where's your script? I don't remember...

Factional Ability

As a Cast Member you will receive an Amnesiac Role at the start of each day phase. That role will be your role for the entire day phase until the start of the next day phase.

You will always be aligned with the Town. Amnesiac Roles are not tied to a specific alignment.

Win Condition

Sample Amnesiac Role PM
PLAYER - Vanilla Background Character

Here's your script. You stand quietly over there, you have no lines. Sorry only the real stars get talking parts.

Passive Ability

Quiet on the set! You may post and cast votes during the day phase.

Mafia Roles

Pink Ball - Mafia Roleblocker (The Key Grip)

Quiet on the set! No one even knows what you do on a movie set, friend. Oh...is that why you're sabotaging this project?

Active Ability

Each night you make target a player and block any active ability night action they take.

Factional Abilities

Each night, one member of your squad may be designated to kill a player.

Your allies are....Thestatusquo, Dunnstral, Frozen Angel.

You have Daytalk, and may talk to your allies HERE.

Win Condition

You win when the mafia equal or outnumber the town and nothing can prevent this.

Thestatusquo - Mafia 2-Shot Magnetizer (The Stunt Double)

Quiet on the set! How are you feeling after falling down five flights of stairs while on fire? Listen the lead hates partially cloudy weather so we need you back on set. What do you mean you want to destroy this movie???

Active Ability

Once per night you may declare the name of an Amnesiac role, and assuming no interference, that role will be drawn as one of the fakeclaims for the Mafia for the following day.

Factional Abilities

Your allies are....Pink Ball, Dunnstral, Frozen Angel.

Win Condition

You win when the mafia equal or outnumber the town and nothing can prevent this.

Dunnstral - 3-Shot Mafia Sedater (The Stingy Investor)

Quiet on the set! If this eccentric producer wastes one more cent of your hard earned cash on yet ANOTHER 15-car pile up with real pyro you will probably go bankrupt. Yeah you're right, the insurance payout might be better than this movie.

Active Ability

Each night you may target another player and assuming no interference, force them to draw the
Vanilla Background Character
role for the following phase.

Factional Abilities

Your allies are....Pink Ball, Thestatusquo, Frozen Angel.

Win Condition

Frozen Angel - Mafia Goon (The Junior Assistant)

Quiet on the set! I'll take my coffee with three creams and no sugars. I know you thought you'd get to work with the director but you are so talented at running to the coffee shop! I think it's your calling? What do you mean you're calling a hit on the producer???

Factional Abilities

Your allies are....Pink Ball, Thestatusquo, Dunnstral.

Win Condition

---

Firebringer - Town Cast Member

Factional Ability

Win Condition

DragonEater70 - Town Cast Member

Factional Ability

Win Condition

Ircher - Town Cast Member

Factional Ability

Win Condition

Kuribo - Town Cast Member

Factional Ability

Win Condition

GuyInFreezer - Town Cast Member

Factional Ability

Win Condition

Black - Town Cast Member

Factional Ability

Win Condition

Feysal - Town Cast Member

Factional Ability

Win Condition

Save The Dragons - Town Cast Member

Factional Ability

Win Condition

Drixx - Town Cast Member

Factional Ability

Win Condition

Titus - Town Cast Member

Factional Ability

Win Condition

Klick - Town Cast Member

Factional Ability

Win Condition

---

Amnesiac Roles

Here's your script. You stand quietly over there, you have no lines. Sorry only the real stars get talking parts.

Passive Ability

Passive Ability

Passive Ability

Passive Ability

Passive Ability

Passive Ability

Passive Ability

PLAYER - Amnesiac Lover (The Romeo)

Here's your script. Is this cliché putting Romeo and Juliet in this block buster movie? Yes, yes it is. The studio is convinced this will make millions! Just avoid all the sleeping potions.

Passive Abilities

If you have another Lover you'll find them HERE. If previous lovers have met up before, you will be able to see their conversations in the Lovers PT.

If you have another Lover and one of you dies, the other is scripted to immediately drink the poison and die in appropriately dramatic fashion.

If the other Lover Amnesiac Role is received by a player that is already dead, you will not commit suicide. You will not be notified what dead player received the role, if any.

PLAYER - Amnesiac Lover (The Juliet)

Here's your script. Is this cliché putting Romeo and Juliet in this block buster movie? Yes, yes it is. The studio is convinced this will make millions! Just avoid all the sleeping potions.

Passive Abilities

If you have another Lover you'll find them HERE. If previous lovers have met up before, you will be able to see their conversations in the Lovers PT.

If you have another Lover and one of you dies, the other is scripted to immediately drink the poison and die in appropriately dramatic fashion.

If the other Lover Amnesiac Role is received by a player that is already dead, you will not commit suicide. You will not be notified what dead player received the role, if any.

PLAYER - Amnesiac Catalyst Vigilante (The Detective Who Plays by His Own Rules)

Here's your script, Sergeant. You're all out of time for the rules and we didn't put any body footage in the movie, go wild, son!

Active Ability

Each night you may target another player for a night kill.

Passive Ability

As a Catalyst, your active ability only works if the player you target is also the target of another active ability. Otherwise, your active ability will fail and you will just visit the target instead.

PLAYER - Amnesiac Visionary (The Preacher Obsessed with the Occult)

Here's your script. You're here to preach the good word of the good lord (though we won't specify which good lord) and dispel all the demons!

Active Ability

Each night you may target another player. That player will learn what types of actions they were targeted with (killing, protective, investigative, blocking, manipulative) if any. They will not learn that they were targeted by this ability.

PLAYER - Amnesiac Caterer

Hmm...I don't have a script for you. Can you grab me a coffee and then 52 footlongs for the rest of the cast? Thanks.

Active Ability

Each night you may target any current living player in the playerlist (including yourself). Assuming no interference, they will receive the caterer role the following day. If you target a member of the mafia, a player who dies during the night, or are interfered with, this role's target will be randomized with the rest of the Amnesiac roles.

PLAYER - Amnesiac Commuter (The Sassy Cab Driver)

Here's your script, the meter is running! Your role is a bit part, give sassy advice to the other characters who end up in your cab! Play it with some heart!

Active Ability

Each night you may commute yourself from the game, preventing you from being targeted by any action during the night phase.

PLAYER - Amnesiac Macho Tracker (The Heroine With an Ancient Weapon)

Here's your script! You are the star of this film, and children will be emulating you for the next five years. Weapons training? Nah, we'll use CGI.

Active Ability

Each night you may target a player and learn who they visited during the night.

Passive Ability

If you are targeted by a protective action it will fail. You will not be informed of this.

PLAYER - Amnesiac Announcing Arbiter (The Corrupt Judge)

Here's your script, your honor! This small town runs through you and everyone knows it.

Active Ability

Each night you may declare two players. Assuming no interference, they will be prevented from targeting one another the following night phase.

Passive Ability

The players you declare will be told they were targeted with the Arbiter action (but not by whom).

PLAYER - Amnesiac Jailkeeper (The Everyman In Over Their Head)

Here's your script, pal. You were in the wrong place in the wrong time and now you're a protagonist. Crazy how that happens in the movies huh?

Active Ability

Each night you may target a player. You will protect them from killing actions and roleblock them.

PLAYER - Amnesiac Gravedigger (The Body Double)

You don't actually need a script, friend. Just stand in place when the stars need to take a break. No, not over there....over there!

Passive Ability

Each night you will always be shown as targeting the player who was killed with the mafia factional night kill. This cannot be prevented.

Additional Notes:
Each day the remaining town must comprise of 50% Vanilla Background Character, unless an action prevents this (either the Caterer or Magnetizer).

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #6634 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Spoiler: Role Assignments
Factional

Cast Member - Firebringer
Mafia Sedater - Dunnstral
Cast Member - DragonEater70
Cast Member - BlueSnakelet
Cast Member - Kuribo
Cast Member - GuyInFreezer
Cast Member - Black
Cast Member - Feysal
Mafia Roleblocker - Pink Ball
Cast Member - Save The Dragons
Cast Member - Drixx
Mafia Goon - Frozen Angel
Mafia Magnetizer - Thestatusquo
Cast Member - Titus
Cast Member - Klick

Day 1

Black - Vanilla
BlueSnakelet - Romeo
DragonEater70 - Caterer
Drixx - Commuter
Dunnstral - Vanilla
Feysal - Vanilla
Firebringer - Arbiter
Frozen Angel - Vigilante
GuyInFreezer - Vanilla
Klick - Visionary
Kuribo - Juliet
Pink Ball - Tracker
Save The Dragons - Jailkeeper
Thestatusquo - Vanilla
Titus - Vanilla
Unused - Gravedigger
Unused - Vanilla

Day 2

Black - Caterer
Drixx - Vanilla
Dunnstral - Vigilante
Firebringer - Vanilla
Frozen Angel - Arbiter
GuyInFreezer - Commuter
Ircher - Vanilla
Klick - Vanilla
Kuribo - Romeo
Pink Ball - Vanilla
Save The Dragons - Tracker
Thestatusquo - Gravedigger
Titus - Jailkeeper
Dead - Vanilla
Dead - Vanilla
Unused - Juliet
Unused - Vanilla

Day 3

Drixx - Vanilla
Dunnstral - Commuter
Firebringer - Caterer
Frozen Angel - Gravedigger
GuyInFreezer - Vanilla
Ircher - Vanilla
Klick - Vanilla
Kuribo - Visionary
Pink Ball - Vanilla
Save The Dragons - Vigilante
Thestatusquo - Vanilla
Dead - Tracker
Dead - Jailkeeper
Dead - Romeo
Dead - Juliet
Unused - Arbiter
Unused - Vanilla

Day 4

Drixx - Vanilla
Dunnstral - Vigilante
Frozen Angel - Vanilla
GuyInFreezer - Vanilla
Ircher - Juliet
Kuribo - Tracker
Pink Ball - Vanilla
Save The Dragons - Jailkeeper
Thestatusquo - Caterer
Dead - Gravedigger
Dead - Vanilla
Dead - Arbiter
Dead - Visionary
Dead - Vanilla
Dead - Vanilla
Unused - Commuter
Unused - Romeo

Mod Note: The roles assigned to dead players and unused slots were randomized in the list, but then I moved them to the bottom for the sake of readability. The roles that landed on members of the mafia team were added to their PT.

SquirtleSquad
SquirtleSquad
He/Him
Goon
SquirtleSquad
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6635 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:23 pm

Post by SquirtleSquad »

GG everyone. Pink Ball you were phenomenal. Dunn you played such a great endgame. FA way to hold it down the whole way. :)
When it retracts its long neck into its shell, it squirts out water with vigorous force.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6636 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:24 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Luckily I've already alt slipped this account.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #6637 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:27 pm

Post by T-Bone »

We unlocked so feel free to talk about the game. It'll be awhile before I release PTs.

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6638 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:29 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

GiF was kind of scary
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #6639 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:31 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 6638, Dunnstral wrote: GiF was kind of scary
To the point that I thought he was a traitor early game
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #6640 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:32 pm

Post by kuribo »

Thanks for modding Bone!

Scum team played great, I wouldn't have caught PB or Dunn.

Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #6641 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:32 pm

Post by Black »

Well played guys! Shea and Dunn you guys played phenomenal scum games, v well done and masterful
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6642 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:44 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Std had it all figured out in the end.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #6643 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:02 pm

Post by Ircher »

Great game everyone! Thanks for modding T-Bone.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #6644 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:04 pm

Post by Ircher »

I was not expecting both Pink Ball and Thestatusquo to be scum, so I thought it was fine for us to lim in the PoE despite Aisa telling me how much they were scum reading Thestatusquo.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #6645 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:14 pm

Post by DkKoba »

if PB randed town this game was a town W, also look at the narrow way scum avoided losing to PoE being too small

(also fun fact, my initial reads PB shared were from the POV of me not knowing PB was scum at the time LMAO)
SquirtleSquad
SquirtleSquad
He/Him
Goon
SquirtleSquad
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6646 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:53 pm

Post by SquirtleSquad »

In post 6645, DkKoba wrote: if PB randed town this game was a town W, also look at the narrow way scum avoided losing to PoE being too small

(also fun fact, my initial reads PB shared were from the POV of me not knowing PB was scum at the time LMAO)
k
When it retracts its long neck into its shell, it squirts out water with vigorous force.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6647 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:54 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 6646, SquirtleSquad wrote:
In post 6645, DkKoba wrote: if PB randed town this game was a town W, also look at the narrow way scum avoided losing to PoE being too small

k
put ur passive aggressiveness away
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6648 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:55 pm

Post by DkKoba »

jingle literally explained how the game was a townlock just based on sleeping and not killing and gaining enough real clears to never let scum win
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6649 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:55 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Put your being a dick in the post game of a game you didn't even play away.

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”