Weird Dreams Mafia Redux [19/19!!!!!]

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Weird Dreams Mafia Redux [19/19!!!!!]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2023 9:25 am

Post by Korina »

Weird Dreams Mafia Redux

Awaiting the Dream (Playerlist)
  1. DragonEater70
  2. biancospino
  3. Ranger
  4. Radical Rat
  5. Enchant
  6. Morning Tweet
  7. Doctor Drew
  8. Titus
  9. Flea The Magician
  10. Save The Dragons
  11. WhemeStar
  12. usesPython
  13. Rautherdir
  14. Kyoko Kirigiri
  15. Merlyn
  16. camelCasedSnivy
  17. Abnegation
  18. sheepsaysmeep
  19. Aureal
Last edited by Korina on Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:56 pm, edited 13 times in total.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2023 9:25 am

Post by Korina »

Rules of Conduct

Last Updated: April 11th, 2023

General Rules/Game Etiquette
  1. Obey all site-wide rules.
  2. Talking outside of the game thread about this game is prohibited, unless your role specifically allows you to.
  3. Quoting
    any
    private communication into the game thread is not allowed, even if you made it up. You are allowed to quote private moderation communications into any PTs where you are aware of the other member's alignment, (eg., Scum PTs or Mason PT).
  4. Follow the golden rule, (do unto others as you would have them do unto you), at all times. I understand mafia can get heated, but keep it civil.
  5. If you can somehow edit/delete your posts, don't.
  6. Play towards your win-condition at all times. Don't gamethrow. If it looks like you are attempting to gamethrow, I will confirm your intent privately, and if it continues, I will take action.
  7. While not explicitly included in gamethrowing, claiming scum with others is a considerable gray-area. I do not consider it explicitly throwing, but if you wish to do that, or something like that, I ask you explain it to me in PMs what your intent is with that.
  8. You may use the following colors, provided you are not attempting to impersonate me or my co-mod:
    , which I will use for modding,
    #ff9896
    , which I will use for flavor. My co-mod, (Maruchan), will use
    chocolate
    in the event something happens.
  9. I reserve the right to update these rules as I see fit. Rule updates will be announced publicly in thread.
Activity/Prods and V/LA
  1. At least once every 36 hours, you
    must post relevant, game-advancing content,
    otherwise you will be prodded. This is extended to 60 hours if you are V/LA. If this timer would tick over when night starts, you are required to respond to the PM to avoid being prodded.
  2. I am going to be more lenient with prods going forwards. I generally will avoid seeking replacement for prods, but if I think it'll be a reoccurring issue, or you are constantly being prodded, I will seek replacement.
  3. All V/LAs must be declared in thread, or via the V/LA tags.
    I prefer you declare it in thread however.

4. If you will have an excessively long V/LA or will not have regular access to the internet/forums for extended periods of time, please request replacement instead.

Deadlines/Player Actions
  1. Unless told otherwise, each day will last up two weeks (14 days), and each night will last two days.
  2. At any time, if the supermajority of all players, (which I define as 80% of the player list), or all living players agree, I will skip the remainder of the night phase, provided I have all actions.
  3. If the day/night is extended for any reason, I will post that in thread.
  4. If you possess any actions, you must submit it via PM, or PT, otherwise it will be treated as if you took no action. If you have a PT,
    I highly prefer you submit it in your PT.

5. If you may target multiple people, you must specify which action targets which player, otherwise I will randomize who it targets.
  6. Scum, by default, are multitasking and can perform the factional action and a personal ability in the same night.
Voting
  1. A simple majority is required to yeet, (half the player list, rounded down, plus one).
  2. If you use an abbreviation of a player's name, please make sure others can understand who you are specifically referring to. Kori is fine, for example, but K is not.
  3. If it looks like a vote, it is a vote, and it will be cast on whoever I think you're trying to vote.
  4. Unvoting before revoting isn't required, but appreciated.
Setup Specific Rules/Mod Confirmed Information
  1. Everything in this post is guaranteed to be truthful. There are no moderator lies in this post.
  2. This game is a bastard game. I was told by my reviewers to include this:
    Review wrote:I'd definitely let your players know its a swingy and bastard setup, with the caveat that all information provided in role PMs and the OP is correct.

3. This game is a role madness. There are
    no
    vanilla roles, nor any functionally vanilla roles.
  4. Groupscum are publicly aware of the full PM of all of their partners, and may submit their actions on behalf of them.
  5. If there is a cult present, or cult-like mechanics, they cannot recruit groupscum with living partners.
  6. Role PM flavor plays a part of this game. Story flavor does not apply to the game.
  7. The Dead PT will have no spoilers for this game.
Miscellaneous Rules/Information
  1. You may PM me on Discord if you need me. My tag is Korina#0359. You can also PM my co-mod, (Maruchan), on Discord. Her tag is GwenBD94#9494. You can rant to me about anything in the game, and there is a very high chance I will post it in the Mod PT if I find it amusing.

2. You may request a Notes PT if you would like.
  3. Respect all users pronouns. If you are not sure about someone's pronouns, please ask. If they do not have any pronouns listed, please use they/them unless they say otherwise.
  4. You aren't dead until you are told by the mod you are dead, and your role has been posted.
  5. When you are dead, you are
    not
    allowed to post until the game ends.
  6. Follow the spirit of the rules. These rules are not perfect. If you think it should be a rule, assume it is one.
Last edited by Korina on Tue May 23, 2023 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2023 9:25 am

Post by Korina »

Nightmare ReduxOnce again, the Nightmare returns, this time as The Nightmare Redux. Players will once again be voting on Inventions to award someone else in the game, but there's some more interesting options, and a more dynamic selection of player pool. The minimum amount of players needed for The Nightmare Redux to be available is 7. If the game drops below 7 players, The Nightmare Redux will cease to be available.

Additionally, in contrast from the first go-around, the amount of players allowed to participate is dynamic.
A minimum of five players are required to run The Nightmare Redux each night, while it is available,
but the maximum number of players allowed to participate is the number of players
still alive
. There is a whole list of actions available for the Runners to vote on.

If there is no ability that can be awarded with the number of Runners, the Nightmare will occur, but players will be unable to award any ability.

Actions requiring Five Players:

~
Inquiry
: Runners will vote on one question to ask the moderator about another player's role, excluding anything alignment specific. The answer to this question will be posted at day-start. The full exceptions to this is listed at the bottom.
~
Double Vote
: Runners will vote on one player to award a double-vote to. This double-vote will be publicly revealed.
~
Vigilante
: Runners will vote one player to kill tonight. This player will not flip their Role PM publicly, and it will instead be posted in the Nightmare PT should it be successful. Their alignment will still be revealed.

Actions Requiring Seven Players or more
:
~
Normal Invention
: Runners will vote on a Normal invention to award to another player. Inventions can have one modifier, and one action, but must fit into the Normal guidelines. If I have to message Implosion about it and ask, it's not normal. The only restriction to this ability is players
cannot
award any action that appears within this list.
~
Friendly Neighbor
: Runners will vote on one player to award a 1-Shot Friendly Neighbor invention to. This ability will fail to be awarded to a player who is not aligned with
The Good Dreams
, and this player will
not
be informed of this happening.
~
Cop
: Runners will vote on one player to award a 1-Shot Cop invention to. Results are given as "Horrible Dream" or "Not A Horrible Dream."

Actions Requiring Nine Players or more
:
~
Housing
: The Nightmare PT will remain open at the end of the night, and will function as a Neighborhood for the rest of the game.
~
Roleblock
: Runners will vote on one player to award a 1-Shot Roleblock invention to.
~
Tree Stumps
: The Runners will vote on one player in the Dead PT to become a Tree Stump, or one living player to become a Tree Stump upon their death.

Spoiler: Exceptions to Inquiry
All alignment specific questions are prohibited, which include such questions as "Is X (alignment)", "Is X (role specific to one faction)?", "Is X aligned with Y?", or "Can X win with Y?". A notable inclusion to this list is the question: "Can this player change the alignment of another?" This list is not fully cohesive, and will never be fully cohesive. In the event I reject your question, I will substitute it with the
best
alternative I can think of.

Addendum added in the review of this game: "What is the name of X's alignment" is specifically banned too, and this ability is not limited to yes/no questions, but you'll likely get the best results out of yes/no questions.

Nightmare VotingThis has been changed in favor of Coalition styled voting. Players
must
submit 5-x names when submitting a Nightmare Runner vote, where x is the number of confirmed Runners. Other players may vote another’s player’s proposal or submit their own proposal, following the above rules. Once a player is confirmed, they cannot be removed from Running, except via death.

Please use the hurt tags to submit a proposal or to vote for an already existing one. Please use the heal tags to unvote a proposal, or to withdraw your proposal.
Last edited by Korina on Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2023 9:25 am

Post by Korina »

Here are the sample PMs for this game.

Sample VT
Weird Dreams Mafia Redux

Welcome, Korina! You are a
Jar of Vanilla (Vanilla Townie)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams.

I had a dream once there was just a jar of vanilla. Nothing else. It did actually nothing.

Innate Abilities
:
~
Vanilla
: You have your voice, and your vote. You may use both of these to try to kill whoever you think is not aligned with you.

You win if
all threats to
The Good Dreams
are dead, and at least one member of your faction is still alive.

Please confirm you have read this PM by submitting your flavor back to me.

Sample Mafia Goon
Weird Dreams Mafia Redux

Jar of Evil (Mafia Goon)
, and aligned with
The Horrible Dreams.

I once had a dream that Pandora's Box was actually a jar, and that I opened it. I woke up thinking how horrible it was that I opened it, because I was running late.

Innate Abilities
:
~
Vanilla
: You have your voice, and your vote. You may use both of these to try to kill whoever you think is not aligned with you.

Factional Information
:
~
Private Communication
: You have access to The Horrible Dreams PT, which is located HERE.
~
Secret Identities
: You know that
Drel
and
Fay
are also aligned with
The Horrible Dreams

~
Factional Kill
: The Horrible Dreams have access to a factional kill, which you may use every night in an attempt to kill another player in the game.

You win if
The Horrible Dreams
compromise half the town or more, and all threats to your faction are dead, or if this situation is impossible to prevent.

Please confirm you have read this PM by submitting your flavor back to me OR by posting in your PT.

Sample Serial Killer
Weird Dreams Mafia Redux

Jar of Mystery (Serial Killer)
, and aligned with
yourself.

I once had a dream that I unboxed a Stattrak Skeleton Knife Lore in CSGO, and that it had 999,999 kills on it, and then I woke up.

Innate Abilities
:
~
Vanilla
~
Vigilante
: Each night, you may attempt to kill another player in the game.

You win if
you are the last player alive; if all players are dead regardless of when you died; or if either situation is impossible to prevent.

Please confirm you have read this PM by submitting your flavor back to me.
Last edited by Korina on Tue May 23, 2023 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2023 9:25 am

Post by Korina »

Might need extra post
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2023 9:37 am

Post by biancospino »

/confirm prein
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2023 9:43 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

/in
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2023 9:45 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

/In
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2023 9:55 am

Post by Enchant »

/in
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2023 9:59 am

Post by Porkens »

I’m going to pass, but not out of malice, and with the best of wishes!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2023 10:14 am

Post by Radical Rat »

/confirm pre-in
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2023 10:20 am

Post by Invisibility »

/in
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2023 10:25 am

Post by Invisibility »

/out nvm
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2023 10:27 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 9, Porkens wrote: I’m going to pass, but not out of malice, and with the best of wishes!
Aww
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2023 10:40 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 13, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 9, Porkens wrote: I’m going to pass, but not out of malice, and with the best of wishes!
Aww
<3
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2023 12:56 pm

Post by Titus »

/in

Please respect that I may have surgery at some point.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2023 1:05 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 15, Titus wrote: /in

Please respect that I may have surgery at some point.
Hopefully all goes well
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 12:15 am

Post by Ranger »

/in
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 9:33 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Confirm Pre-In
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 7:12 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

/in
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 3:26 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

/in
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 5:15 pm

Post by Jingle »

Posting to say I heartily endorse this setup, believe it will be fun, and don't expect any mobs to show up at my door with torches and pitchforks because I passed the review. Seriously, I think Kori did a great job here.
This is a Parachute.
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 8:30 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

/in
Im a dog that quacks
Flower