Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2575 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:32 am

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 4.4

While the state frequently warned children about the dangers of playing on icy ponds, near electrical substations and in open-air, biological weapons laboratories, it failed to take into consideration the decade’s plethora of science fiction films and TV programmes, which inspired space-themed games up and down the country.

Scarfolk children, who were known to take greater risks during play, initiated an unfortunate trend that started claiming lives. In 1977, two schoolboys from Scarfolk’s Junior Indoctrination Facility dared each other to endure the harsh extremities of space. Their corpses were eventually located drifting a few hundred miles from earth by tracking the surveillance devices that had been implanted in their frontal lobes at birth.

Concerned parents demanded that the state act immediately. Two years later (and only after the government realised its child labour factories were losing a steady flow of under-10s), a public information campaign was launched which warned minors about leaving the earth’s atmosphere (see poster above). Scarfolk Council also laid many miles of high-altitude, electrified fencing to repel innocent children who might unwittingly stray into outer space.

fireisredsir (2):
Menalque, Cephrir
Ydrasse (2):
fireisredsir, Aureal

Not voting (3):
Dunnstral, Ydrasse, Aisa

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to launch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-07-07 20:50:00)

Notes:
  • I will be unavailable for the entirety of Wednesday, July 5. If something requires my immediate attention on that day, please PM me.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2576 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:37 am

Post by Aureal »

Darnit, I knew I should've checked exactly what time I had posted before I went to bed. Three hours over the prod timer. There goes my never been prodded streak. :(

I really think flipping Ydrasse and Dunn wins the game here. If it doesn't, the people left get to have real fun doing serious re-evaluation.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:48 am

Post by Cephrir »

Your rules are silly

VOTE: ydrasse
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:31 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1839, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I think I just do not believe Dunn's worldview is the main thing

the level of reasoning is just so weird compared to a) the amount of stuff in this game's 70+ pages and b) the level he's pushing it

like his entire approach is based fundamentally around Egix lock wolf because people are semi-ignoring egix. which just seems egregiously flawed to me (I think egix's hot-topic-ness is the exact amount I'd expect when considering his absence + the whole game besides skitter townreading CSF. I think Dunn's assertion that people were pushing him purely for inactivity is relatively untrue).

and then he's like I thought about who makes sense as egix's team for a bit and I came up with these 2 different pairings. and I cant really go much further than that. and then periodically repeats the same plan to resolve those five players.
and each time he's explained further I just dont really feel like there's anything there that it's actually getting deeper lol.

it feels much more likely to me to be wolf who found "this course of action that I propose would win the game for us" than villager who's naturally sort of nitpicking lines of reasoning?? picking one weird explanation and then ignoring so much else, like not really evaluating how villagery the content of peoples' posts look independently
In post 1919, sheepsaysmeep wrote: one big thing is that I think Dunn's treatment of fire is pretty bad

he has been defending fire without expressing a townread there

first more subtly by being like we gotta do egix et al. today, and then like I prefer these people over voting dunn, and then it's not working so he's more outright like I want to not lim fire

I think if he Townreads fire he should say words explaining it to more firmly actually defend his townread fire

I think if he doesn't townread fire he should get the approach of people like implosion/menal/ sort of me now more. the reasons to resolve him + like, some part of me hoped to be compelled by him today but I just struggle to be compelled by him today. I feel like implo's perspective on why to steamroll him makes more sense than dunn acts like he gets
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:33 am

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: Ydrasse
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:28 am

Post by Aisa »

Well well well
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:58 am

Post by Cephrir »

Mod influences game by forcing player to do something relevant, more at 11
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:00 am

Post by Aureal »

I would normally side-eye that hammer but we're at a point where even I got prodded so I guess things really were kinda dragging. :/
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:53 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 4.5 (final)

When this poster was distributed by Scarfolk Council in 1977, many people were concerned that they did not understand the poster’s message correctly and were thus at risk of unintentionally breaking the law by either talking or not talking about it.

Worried citizens gathered in secret to discuss the poster campaign. Knowing that most homes contained surveillance devices, they debated the poster non-verbally, using hand gestures. Unbeknownst to the clandestine groups, however, specially-trained police mime experts had infiltrated the meetings and reported everything they saw to Scarfolk’s police commissioner who, keen to outdo his predecessor’s record, had created the public information campaign to boost arrest numbers.

Telephone helplines were set up to provide legal aid to the many who were accused of talking (and not talking) and faced punitive tongue removal. Although the legal experts who manned the lines were not permitted to speak, they were authorised to offer advice via the medium of mime.

Ydrasse (4):
fireisredsir, Aureal, Cephrir, Dunnstral
fireisredsir (1):
Menalque

Not voting (2):
Ydrasse, Aisa

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to launch.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:02 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Ydrasse was launched.

Spoiler: What was she?!
Welcome to Open 878. You are a
Mafia Godfather

Abilities

Factional Communication:
During both day and night phases, you may talk to your group here.
Factional Kill:
Each night phase, you may send a member of your group to target another player in the game, attempting to kill them.
Investigation Immunity:
You will appear as innocent to any alignment checks.

Win condition

You win when the Mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

A game-ending condition has been reached.

Spoiler: What happened?!
The Town wins!

Links

Mod PT
Mafia PT
Cemetery
Scarfolk Council Official Blog

Thanks for playing, everyone! This topic is now open for general discussion.
Last edited by Umlaut on Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:03 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

GG lol, was hard game to play
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:04 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

sorry ydra for spewing so much stuff lol idk

I found it rly difficult to do anything other than lightly defend the slot the whole game
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:06 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

oh good i was nervous
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:06 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

aaaaaa we did it
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:06 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

sorry skitter (and aureal)
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: ani db it she

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:07 pm

Post by anahit »

loved the flavour of this game!!!
is there salvation for you when a game is finished?
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:10 pm

Post by Alianna »

GG and congrats town.
I apologize for the replace-out, especially at such an inopportune time. It wasn't because of anything game-related, I just didn't see any way that I could realistically catch up and keep up with this game after having missed half of D1 while sick and on V/LA.

P-edit: Yeah, the flavour was great.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 23
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:17 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Wheeee! Amazing work, town!!! I've been keeping up whenever I can, so excited to see you pull this off! Sheep and Ydrasse and Egix, you guys were a great scumteam, I really didn't know how this game would go.

BIGGEST props though to Umlaut- the flavor in this game is next level good. Every damn votecount is hilarous/creepy. Plus I really appreciate it when mods make post one such a wealth of info and quicklinks like you did.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:30 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Sorry for repping out as well, could never properly catch up.

And not to call out anyone, but I just wasn't vibing with certain people when I did try to catch up and post.

Apologies to Enchant for putting them in a bad spot replacing in.

But yay town!
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:25 pm

Post by implosion »

Hoorah. I probably wouldn't have been pushing Ydrasse first here so glad I died :)

Thanks for the game, Umlaut. Both the flavor and it just generally being well-run, especially given how much of a replacement mill it was.

I think it's pretty wild that fire never actually got eliminated in this game. I also want to shout out Aisa because the fact that I had
a
strong townread to fall back on was really valuable in holding my sanity in the later stages of the game. I enjoyed trying to piece together the game with the essentially no hard info we had to go on (given the setup roll). It was definitely instrumental that we were able to identify a towncore that was actually accurate.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:49 pm

Post by Invisibility »

gg yay
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:52 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 2588, fireisredsir wrote: aaaaaa
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:00 pm

Post by Aisa »

Shout-out to the scumteam. Despite this game at times feeling pretty punishing as town, I think I'd cry if I rolled scum in 11v2 mountainous, lol.

Also shout-out to everyone I ever had a wrong scumread on, and there were lots of you :lol:
Mission hold-a-consistent-townread-on-Aureal failed, again, by such a wide margin, lol. I'll have to try again next time!

@Umlaut are you behind the official Scarfolk blog as well?
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2598 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:06 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 2594, implosion wrote: I also want to shout out Aisa because the fact that I had a strong townread to fall back on was really valuable in holding my sanity in the later stages of the game.
And
what a slot
to have as your locktown read :wink:
I'm glad you felt I was helpful somehow and the feeling was very mutual!
sheep in cemetery wrote:also sorry aisa for trolling after I was hammered and making you think I was a villa
Nah, you're good, I personally don't mind being trolled.
In post 2335, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I want to see you do the "try to convince implosion on aureal" asap for sorting-you reasons, independent of whatever aisa wants to do rn
Also, sir, you are one cheeky scum player.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2599 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:08 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 1765, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1753, Aisa wrote:
In post 1713, Dunnstral wrote: implosion I see two likely teams right now. I see egix/fireisred/cephrir, and I see egix/aureal/sheep. I think both of these are plausible and I'm not sure I want to commit to one today. I think the four non-egix names above are not meaningfully interacting with or considering egix and so if we believe that two of those names are mafia, that makes egix much more likely to be mafia as well in my eyes/ Notably several of these players have gone after me, sometimes multiple times, for things such as "low activity" while never mentioning egix who I feel also fits under that criteria.
Can you explain how you came to the conclusion of these two teams specifically?

Like, what is your starting assumption? Is it {fireisredsir, cehprir, aureal, sheep} contains two mafia? Is it that Egix is scum?
I start with egix mafia. I believe fireisredsir and aureal are not aligned with each other but do believe there is mafia in that group. So 1 out of 2 there. And then the last mafia is in the group that is the rest of my poe, which is cephrir and sheep - this is where I am the least confident, as well, as it is based on having everybody else as town with no flips.
Good read in hindsight, I was not ready to accept this at the time lol

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”