Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:52 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 1072, Aisa wrote:
@sheep
In post 943, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 937, skitter30 wrote: I'm somewhat questioning ceph and implo now. I don't really think csf is town

I'm still somewhat sketchy on andante's slot tbh
ehhh im on a pretty different wavelength, I think ceph+implo are the 2 who feel the game most similarly to me in a way that's probably just villa lo l
Can you explain why they felt the game most similarly to you?
@sheep

---
I think I'm like at {Dunn, Delta, Aureal, sheep} in terms of slots I want to look at first, maybe with a chance of skitter once I reread skitt vs ceph
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:05 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't like how consensus the above feels
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:09 am

Post by implosion »

I think I am actually now at Dunn as maybe strong town? His Andante spiel is more likely to come from town, his overall vibe over today at this point just doesn't fit right as scum, idk. He feels pretty agenda-free.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:15 am

Post by implosion »

I am quite offput by skitter's saying that she wants to vote sheep because sheep is coasting. I feel like he is explicitly not coasting and I'd like to know her justification for why she thinks he is.

My reads amount to something like the following (partially making this so I have a reference to myself about who replaced who >.>)

sheep
Dunn, Meg
Menalque, Aureal
Ceph
skitter
Egix
Aisa
Delta

This is pretty strongly in flux and there's a lot of people I am tempted to swap but in particular need to decide how I feel about Aisa because I'm really going back and forth on her from moment to moment (it might be more accurate to just not put her in the list yet), need to look more closely at egix/csf.

I'm not voting Delta yet just because catchup and it'd be e-2. (There isn't really any particular reason I didn't vote the slot before now though and I could easily imagine a catchup changing my mind)
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:16 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 1100, Aisa wrote:
@sheep
In post 937, skitter30 wrote: I'm somewhat questioning ceph and implo now. I don't really think csf is town

ehhh im on a pretty different wavelength, I think ceph+implo are the 2 who feel the game most similarly to me in a way that's probably just villa lo l
@sheep
I dont rly understand the question here?

this is just like directly from the content of their posts, we had the same read/reasoning on enchant at the same times and same overall stance on the game / how day 1 should go

it's like a mind meld but broader. I think it makes ppl +v
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:18 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

viewtopic.php?p=13795968#p13795968

marking for myself where I want to start reading from when I find WIM lol

I sorta see what skitter's saying in terms of, like, I do feel like ive been doing less lol idk
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:26 am

Post by implosion »

My conflict on Aisa right now is from a variety of things. In particular this intrigues me:
In post 1096, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1083, sheepsaysmeep wrote: Egix can u describe ur strong Aisa townread
It's mainly because of the reaction test she performed on GWoo ( to )

Plus I felt town vibes from and .
This intrigues me on both Aisa's and Egix's alignments actually. I think the fact that Egix is willing to call the reaction test hard-town is interesting. Maybe not that interesting on second thought but maybe. I personally find myself trying to get into the mindset of in what circumstances scum might make that series of posts in the reaction test. I'm going back and forth in how I'm writing this post but I think maybe that scum would both have a hard time coming up with the reaction test and also would opt not to post it. They'd have a hard time coming up with it because they'd have to notice the weird detail about Woo thinking it's 5 votes to lim and then think "how can I use my noticing this detail to make myself look more town? Oh i'll fake a reaction test". But more relevantly I think if Aisa sees the opportunity to do this as scum, she probably wouldn't take it because as scum I think you'd feel like there's a big risk that you're going to like, nearly clear Woo's slot in everyone's eyes. Of course, that would be a good thing if Aisa + Woo were scum together but I feel like that level of theatrics are pretty unlikely.

So yeah I'm back to Aisa town I think. Idk.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:02 am

Post by skitter30 »

@implo wrt the math: fair enuf, i seewhat you mean. Maybe it isn't statistically more likely for there to be scum on wagon but this is a useful wya to split the game for me, so this is how i'm approaching it

If you want to call it arbitrary - sure, it's statistically arbitrary, but i think this can help me approach the game in a more meaningful way than just going alphabetically or whatever, as it's pinned to wagon movements and something concrete i can look at in unison.

Wrt sheep - i'm getting the vibe of a lot of pop-ins and less ~oomph~ and just kinda going with the flow. He's validating the lack of wim so i think i did pick up on something here ... i think i was sort of expecting town to reset after a 'well we might as lim useless slot' lim that he was resigned to, and i'm not really getting that. I feel a lot of ~just kinda here~ and ~vague commentary~ on what's happening. I don't think his posts on aisa are particularly indicative of involvement, and i think sheep is the sort of player who is perfectly capable of adjusting trajectory on the fly in response to other people's posts (i.e. b/c of the mu experience). I don't think either of those examples show he's particularly involved or invested rn

I don't know if i would vote him for this but like my tr on him ia degrading a lot
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:17 am

Post by implosion »

That's fair enough with meta context.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:18 am

Post by Menalque »

@implo, is the Meg read based on meg or on andante? Sorry, I haven’t had a chance to look at your iso yet as part of catch up and don’t really now either so if it’s explained and im missing it just point me at where pls
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:43 am

Post by implosion »

In post 1109, Menalque wrote: @implo, is the Meg read based on meg or on andante? Sorry, I haven’t had a chance to look at your iso yet as part of catch up and don’t really now either so if it’s explained and im missing it just point me at where pls
Based on Andante entirely. It's been updated since last time I explained it, I agree with whoever said that her absolute indignation at the Enchant lim would be kind of wild coming from scum. The last I explained of it was .
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:10 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 1104, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
@sheep

@sheep
I dont rly understand the question here?

this is just like directly from the content of their posts, we had the same read/reasoning on enchant at the same times and same overall stance on the game / how day 1 should go

it's like a mind meld but broader. I think it makes ppl +v
OK sure
(I meant where you felt like you agreed with the two of them)
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:25 pm

Post by Aisa »

Spoiler: Ceph's case on Alianna
In post 992, Cephrir wrote: before doing this iso my thoughts were "i don't have strong feelings about this player, but i've seen a lot of scumreads on her - so it's weird that no one is doing much about it"
In post 184, Alianna wrote:
In post 108, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 52, Alianna wrote: I'm not willing to townlean anyone on the basis of "has reads" but I guess I won't complain about it too much.
this stuff felt slightly wolf to me at surface level.

"I won't complain about it too much" just feels like a wolf perspective in a way that I could see alianna slipping up. either about some correct townreads or wanting to get townread herself for an active start

the idea of town complaining about some page 2 reads just doesnt make sense to me, even if u disagree with the reads.
what I would expect town to do is like, evaluate implosion's alignment based on that
, which doesn't happen;
this post also assumes implosion town in a +0.05% wolf way

idk ive been back and forth on this
How am I supposed to evaluate someone's alignment off "X and Y are towny" with no reasoning? There really wasn't much to sort in the post. Even though I had a guess about the reasoning, I didn't find it AI. I just disagreed with it.

How does it do that?
i think the pink response is scum indicative. it shows an overconcern with her own self perception to even bother with - "0.05% scum" means it's not a strong point and probably can't even be explained - just let this go unless your goal is discrediting
In post 208, Alianna wrote:
In post 204, Invisibility wrote: fair I gues. Why are you still voting Doctor Drew?
Sorry, got distracted by something IRL. I just forgot to take off my RVS.

UNVOTE:
i don't think i need to explain why i think this is scummy
In post 314, Alianna wrote: You know what, sure. I see what you mean.

VOTE: GuerillaWoo
looking for someone who's *actually* hiding behind others' reasoning?
In post 315, Alianna wrote: Reads are approximately this. They're relative to a scale, not to each other, and I went the other way around the colour wheel because (a) it's prettier and (b) my scumleans are usually orange. You can ask about my reasoning, but the response is going to be either "idk vibes lol" or "I already talked about that one."

{
Alianna
} - I townread Alianna.
{
Andante
}
{
Aisa, Invisibility, Cat Scratch Fever
}
{
sheepsaysmeep
}
{
Doctor Drew, implosion
}
{
Dunnstral, Cephrir, Menalque, skitter30
} - the null line
{
GuerillaWoo
}

So we have a problem. One person is sus and there's 2-4 bad guys in the game.

Kind of makes me think there's scum in the quiet people.
Or my scumdar's just broken.
Still like the Woo wagon for now, just think the null tier is worth looking into.
as has been pointed out by dunnstral this shows a lack of paranoia
In post 327, Alianna wrote:
In post 324, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 316, Alianna wrote: So we have a problem. One person is sus and there's 2-4 bad guys in the game.
If you're town your problem is that you will townread everyone for light banter and giving the bare minimum of content. You are not being skeptical enough.
Could be. I'll consider that.
i don't see any evidence of this being considered
In post 587, Alianna wrote: VOTE: Enchant

Yeet. This may be all the content I can muster today, but yeet.
In post 932, Alianna wrote: And seconded about the pushback on implo, forgot about that.

One of my last thoughts before signing off for the night yesterday was that this case was
completely unfair
. I came into today thinking I was going to write up some big polemic about Ceph cherry picking posts and making up non-existent issues.

One of my other thoughts was that I should ISO Alianna. I put off doing this for a bit yesterday, because I thought maybe she needed time to get into the game and then she got ill. But I've been finding this game hard. It feels like we're in a lull and a lot of people have playstyles I find hard to read with any confidence. So I thought, ok, maybe I can start again from ISOing a relatively familiar player.

And uh, yeah. Alianna's ISO
is
suspicious. One reasons I was wary of Ceph's case was that it felt as if he just quoted every single post where Alianna agrees with someone and used that to build a case. But there isn't much more to her ISO. She also answers some questions and makes some small original observations but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ probably all fakeable.

I thought her towniest post was this one:
In post 309, Alianna wrote:
In post 307, Invisibility wrote:
In post 305, Alianna wrote: The votes there are all meh for different reasons.
what are these reasons?
Yours is meh because I TR you (in general, not because of the vote) and I get where you're coming from, but I also don't think you're voting scum. So it kind of averages out.
Meh, maybe yours isn't
that
meh. Your posts on Andante do contribute somewhat to the vibe I had on you.
skitter's is meh because I don't find the stuff she's scumreading to be scummy.
Menalque's is meh because I don't know why he's voting Andante other than maybe sheeping skitter.
But for this to be someone's towniest post... is probably a little concerning in its own right?

There also are a couple posts where she says nice things about my read on Drew that she didn't have to say, but if I dismiss those because I'm biased then what I am left with is... concern.

Plus, looking back there's the "I won't complain about these townreads too much" post and I like this point:
Spoiler:
In post 242, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 184, Alianna wrote:
In post 108, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 52, Alianna wrote: I'm not willing to townlean anyone on the basis of "has reads" but I guess I won't complain about it too much.
this stuff felt slightly wolf to me at surface level.

"I won't complain about it too much" just feels like a wolf perspective in a way that I could see alianna slipping up. either about some correct townreads or wanting to get townread herself for an active start

the idea of town complaining about some page 2 reads just doesnt make sense to me, even if u disagree with the reads.
what I would expect town to do is like, evaluate implosion's alignment based on that
, which doesn't happen;
this post also assumes implosion town in a +0.05% wolf way

idk ive been back and forth on this
How am I supposed to evaluate someone's alignment off "X and Y are towny" with no reasoning? There really wasn't much to sort in the post. Even though I had a guess about the reasoning, I didn't find it AI. I just disagreed with it.

How does it do that?
ur green sorta contradicts u firmly assuming the reason was for giving reads
purple: this is basically me saying the same thing as the green part lol. a) finding it frustrating and b) not wondering "does poor logic make implo scum?" Technically assumes the reads are real + he is town

But I sorta want to drop it and my mind changed lol. ur post after this made me basically get it.
+ other takes made me think ur village

I think both these things are a bit +scum and there's not much on the +town side of things.

@Delta
- I saw you were asking about why the votes on you earlier. They're due to people's reads on Alianna (your predecessor). Here ^ is a handy place to find two people's thoughts on your slot at once!
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:33 pm

Post by Aisa »

I'm not gonna vote the slot rn because:
1. Delta is catching up,
2. In the current gamestate I'm not worried about this wagon going anywhere,
3. I'd still like to dig into a few other slots a bit more, e.g. Aureal, Dunn, who I'm still conflicted on. I like having a couple different ideas in mind for who to elim and then comparing and contrasting them for a bit.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:35 pm

Post by Aureal »

@sheep

@sheep

---
I think I'm like at {Dunn, Delta, Aureal, sheep} in terms of slots I want to look at first, maybe with a chance of skitter once I reread skitt vs ceph

Aisa, what do you think about Dunn's pushback against my vote?
In post 1101, Dunnstral wrote: I don't like how consensus the above feels
What exactly is consensus there?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

This feels dead again >.>
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:18 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1114, Aureal wrote: What exactly is consensus there?
This is maybe the third or fourth post I remember of somebody going 'I want to look at Dunn, Delta, and sheep' later
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:19 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Like Aisa above
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:06 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 875, sheepsaysmeep wrote: iyam

theres scum in the recent pivot to dunnstral, even if enchant is town lol

because enchant seems perceptibly the objectively optimal lim today. via consensus reads + theyre not doing legit stuff

like Even if dunn is scummy and even if dunn is wolf lol, enchant should be resolved

the movement around is such a strange show-y response to enchant not being villagery
In post 921, sheepsaysmeep wrote: remember thinking their end of day 1 was one of the wolfiest

agree mildly about both dunn/skitter
In post 922, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 921, sheepsaysmeep wrote: remember thinking their end of day 1 was one of the wolfiest

agree mildly about both dunn/skitter
not end of day as in the last hour on MU, but like the latter section after enchant was basically determined to be the lim
In post 923, sheepsaysmeep wrote: they were just the weirdest around enchant

andante behavior is explained by townreading enchant

menalque technically has an explanation as like that whole "I solved the game via these tests" thing that I still dont know what to think about

aisa sort of calls enchant wolfy but then does a bunch of weird stuff I think wolf might do in a dadv situation
First post here at the end of day 1 seems to hold a completely different opinion from the next 3 posts they make at the start of day 2
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:09 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

why? I think they align fairly well
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:10 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

aisa is in the general "there's scum here" group from the first post

sometime after day ends I think more specifically about it and go eh and feel like the other members in that group are ok
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:24 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

You went from saying there was scum voting me to saying I was scum playing weird around Enchant, and you don't revisit the first thought (or do you? I haven't checked)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:25 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Arguably you're the one acting weird about the enchant elim here too.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:28 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

The second post first line refers to aisa in case that’s a misunderstanding here

I still haven’t sat down and thought abt u and stuff im procrastinating
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:33 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I guess 923 confuses me because you refer to aisa as "they" which I read as meaning both me and skitter, and then it looked like your opinion on aisa was at the bottom

Misunderstanding then

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”