Scumleague Fantasy Football 2023 (Game Over)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:48 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

Lord I am extremely ready for this losing streak to end
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:08 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 125, Kilgamayan wrote: Lord I am extremely ready for this losing streak to end
pls no ;-;
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

Its week 13 and its time for me to face pooky again. This can mean only 1 thing. Its time to POKE the BEAR!
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:08 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

L1 still has just me clinched for the playoffs. LLD and Pooky both clinch this week if they win and if any one of Pabs, Poker, Kilga, Superbowl, and Kdowns
other than their opponent this week
loses. Anyone in the crowd at 4-8 (Yiley, PEG, Peta, Tally) is still theoretically alive with two wins and a whole lot of help.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:32 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

Gambled with waivers and lost x( This is what I get for not staying up until 3:30 AM
~ Edible
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:33 pm

Post by racefan12 »

Meanwhile, with L2 being a 15-week regular season, no one has clinched a playoff spot yet, and no one has been eliminated.
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:08 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Just a reminder to please keep setting your lineups!

(profile pic by datisi)
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:15 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 128, D3f3nd3r wrote: L1 still has just me clinched for the playoffs. LLD and Pooky both clinch this week if they win and if any one of Pabs, Poker, Kilga, Superbowl, and Kdowns
other than their opponent this week
loses. Anyone in the crowd at 4-8 (Yiley, PEG, Peta, Tally) is still theoretically alive with two wins and a whole lot of help.
lol i will just be happy to avoid relegation (the struggle has admittedly been fun)

and i just realized i'm probably handing you your first loss somehow!
free crypto
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

I got attacked by a bear this week. Over 160 put up on me. With two losses to pooky this season its further clear I lost the supposed last season tie breaker that part of me wanted this season. I will likely have to compete in the 6 team loser bracket where bottom 3 go to league 2 next season.

In hindsight I think I was worse off with trades I made because Borrow got injured and mattison was not always the lead back I hoped him to be. Would have been better to trust in Thelin and a different rb. Had fun and got to try i season here where i had 3 trades so at least I got to experience that.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:21 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

Honestly pretty shocking that, for how much parity there's been in this league up to this point, this week more or less locked in the Top 6 and the Bottom 6 (barring an all-world game from Christian Kirk tonight keeping Superbowl afloat). It's still mathematically possible for a 6-7 team to overtake a 7-6 team but it would require a hell of a Points For jump.
~ Edible
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:28 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 127, PokerFace wrote: Its week 13 and its time for me to face pooky again. This can mean only 1 thing. Its time to POKE the BEAR!

actually wild how my entire team went off this week. not sure if i'll ever be this lucky again! :D
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:32 pm

Post by kdowns »

In post 134, Kilgamayan wrote: Honestly pretty shocking that, for how much parity there's been in this league up to this point, this week more or less locked in the Top 6 and the Bottom 6 (barring an all-world game from Christian Kirk tonight keeping Superbowl afloat). It's still mathematically possible for a 6-7 team to overtake a 7-6 team but it would require a hell of a Points For jump.
I think 100 points give or take between the lowest 7-6 and highest 6-7 basically means the playoffs are essentially set?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:18 am

wooo i clinched ploffs and no relegation

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:40 am

Post by Gammagooey »

If someone can tell me how to predict when Calvin Ridley is going to be great or awful on any given week plz let me know so I can make sure to make the playoffs
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:25 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Hey is anyone in L1 going to lose their mind if I choose not to start a TE this week? Game is meaningless and I don’t want to waste a roster slot for one week on a TE that I’ll almost certainly drop after the week.

(profile pic by datisi)
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:59 am

Post by kdowns »

I think it’s fine?
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:40 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

tbh I have no idea why you're that dead-set on holding onto Allen Lazard, but you're 12-1 and I'm not, so
~ Edible
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am fine with whatever you do. You winning or losing is not gonna effect playoff or relegation since you are 12-1 and its obvious who top 6 with the huge point spread. I personally would drop lazzard for someone even though you are jets fan. I would drop anyone for anyone if i felt it would get me a win.

Back in day panzer went multiple weeks not changing his lineup and leaving in players on bye. He got relegated despite being top 8 because those in charge then. I thought panzer not deserve that since the bottom 4 deserved relegation more since their teams were worse. Also as a result of panzers action, another Player that was in L2 and did not earn advancement was bumped into L1 over panzer. I also disagreed with this since that player did not earn it and it would have led to an L2 season where a bengals fan, steelers fan, browns fan, and ravens fan were all in same 4 team division

Do what you want d3f. You are activly choosing this fate rather than lurking which was main case against pazer then
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:32 am

Post by petapan »

do w/e no one is going to think you're throwing
free crypto
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:51 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Yeah but I'd be dropping him for someone that serves more than 0 purpose beyond next week!

(profile pic by datisi)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

Why you have lazzard? Because he jet? Get conklin if he available. If he not, i not care. You losing or you wining without a te is not going to effect yours or someone elses relegation. Top 6 is decided at this point. Your actions are not like panzers. And your actions are not like when nero benched his last player to deliberately lose and effect playoff seeding, relegations, etc. You are still actively playing the game and could win without a te. You are all good in my book d3f
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:58 pm

There are seeding implications to you not starting a TE, d3f, IMO. 7 and 8 can't catch 4 5 6 but 4 5 6's seeding can matter based on which of them lose and win their games. I think you should be doing your best to win every game but I also get the concept of wanting to be the best team for playoffs.

I feel like... you should be starting a TE. just in my opinion.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:00 pm

I mean fuck d3f, I'm 8-5, if I lose and they get a win off you, they could leapfrog me and put me even lower. I'm not out of that seeding convo either.

I sort of think that you trying to stack your lineup for the playoffs is not different than like, sandbagging for seeding change when you have no stake in the game. In both cases you're intentionally lowering your chance of winning this game for possible future value?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:01 pm

I don't think you're like, overall throwing but I think it's not different to sandbagging, so I think you SHOULD have to play to win this week but if you don't i doubt anyone is going to like, hold a grudge

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:19 pm

Post by PokerFace »

D3f3nd3r did not start a tight end in week 14. He lost by 30. Considering how the most scored by any tight end then was 27, it would not have mattered. And so the regular season is over

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”