schadd walrus 2: feast of the invisible cats (join biancospino walrus!)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:31 pm

Post by schadd_ »

cat 2: afraid to listen to them again
Spoiler: 1st: ceejayvinoya
i described this song as being about the epic horribleness of sex in various ways, although i don't think i can get anything from it that would be definitively Triggering or whatever. but you know be forewarned

enjoyment: 6.3 (4.6+/5)
catfit: 2.4
unfamiliarity: 1.0
guess: maybe wgeurt
submitter: ceejay vinoya debuts in the podium list awesomeeee
medals / ICs: first place :small_orange_diamond: +2.0

9.7 + 2.0

yeah so theres another bent knee and i guess this one did better.

as much as i complain about indistinct lyrics, this song does use them to good effect. it wasnt until the third listen until i picked up "leaving trails *in your throat*", which is of course a gross mental image, but the first two times i just heard "you suck hot wax leaving trails [unintelligible]" and it was one of those times where the blurry and darkened horror movie monster is scarier than the visible horror movie monster.

generally the lyrics fall into a winning camp for this cat which is "strong and teeming and figurative language that really makes you think it is about epic horrible sex but gives you precious few concrete details to work with." you get a little piece of it a minute and a half in with "curse the first creature that realized the stick slides into the hole (Ohhhh)"

another winning feature is the general slow plodding orchestration that gives the feeling that the song is revelling in something, like there's some sort of hedonism or like anti-hedonism (hurtonism...) living in it and it really gets you to grasp desperately onto the lyrics for an answer to whats going on in this opaque *eyes wide shut* sex party situation the strings are doing. and its like grasping onto barbed wire i guess.

i'll once again let the strength of the vocalist speak for itself. i bet their concerts have cool lighting. really this just loses points in that i'm like "again again again!"
Spoiler: 5th place: chevre

enjoyment: 5.9 (4.4+/5)
catfit: 1.6
unfamiliarity: 0.9
guess: infinty
submitter: chevy breaks up the chain of gotten girlies!! i had you and infinity switchd
medals / ICs:

god yeah there's a funny little dude and he's yelling at me so hard. i mean in large part the song is just, like, fun, and also i might flippantly say that it sounds like a slightly tamer variant of jersey club, but the sheer power of the little dude cant be shrugged off. i would say that the aggressive and ambiguous hyperactivity analogizes to a puppy where you're like "i'm um hesitant engage with this creature right now". i mean yeah idk it classically exploits multi tracking and stuff (as well as just like some goofy vocalist guy) to make it feel like there's a bunch of language being thrown at you that you cant process and its overstimulating. good submission!

i seem to have listened to exactly one thing that featured umru on it which means i'm gonna need you to hold this -0.1 unfamiliarity thanks.
Spoiler: 6th: pink ball

enjoyment: 5.6 (4.3/5)
catfit: 1.7
guess: pink ball i guess lol
submitter: hey girlie -0.1
medals / ICs:

ok so it looks like this is like a zelda themed parody of a song dale vieja dale which i think is about the guy having a hangover and like asking his wife to like bring him water and whatever. and its like ganondorf is asking zelda to bring him the triforce ??? because he has a hangover

i forgot to translate it before listening to it the second time but after like learning what a wild confluence of ideas it is i definitely had a chilling feeling towards listening to it a third time so i'll count that. i guess the whole ganondorf zelda thing is spooky bc i dont really know about it at all & this injects the concept of Ganondorf As This Weird Guy.

fun song!
Spoiler: tied 7th: aristophanes
i think this song is about a suicide attempt and/or being suicidal

catfit: 1.5
guess: aristophanes coded
medals / ICs: ok purely out of obligation i admit to having laughed at PURELY the title of the song BEFORE THINKING MORE ABOUT THE CONTEXT AND SEEING THAT THE DESCRIPTION SAID CONTENT WARNING. LIKE I THOUGHT IT WAS GONNA BE ABOUT SHE SAW A FRANKENSTEIN. anyway :womans_hat: +0.8, not on spotify :mute: +0.1

8.0 + 0.9

i guess a very large part of this is that i felt like i missed something basic that like clarified what this was about which felt kind of embarrassing. i think the phrasing of "thank god i'm one more success story" pretty strongly implies that it's about suicidality and there's several other things that support than (including like the extra annotations in the video) but at the same time the second time i heard it i noticed "since the eaaarthquake" and i was like Wait is this about an earthquake... is it content warning earthquake...

in any case, that aforementioned refrain is touching. there's plenty of simple and strong songwriting in this in fact. good song!

i keep getting so rattled by "my palmreader told me i'd be lonely" like isn't that the number one effing rule of palm reading that they don't say that.
Spoiler: tied 7th: chickadee

enjoyment: 5.5 (4.2+/5)
catfit: 1.8
unfamiliarity: 0.8
guess: chickdee
medals / ICs:

i appreciate what you were getting at with this. i listened to m83 when i was like 13-14 and just getting into my epic music listening roll and i got swept away fairly easily by their thing of just trying to fit as tall of an emotion in the music as it'll let them. now, the song doesn't really present a lot of difficulty for me in clicking it again but i still feel compelled to give you points for the idea & for the fact that i was hoping there would be a song that completely aims above the belt, so to speak.

something that holds this back is that it's like the sigur ros song from cat 5 where it's like, they are literally just trying so hard to get a frisson reaction out of you to the point that it's like kind of annoying. wait WHAT this is 10 minutes how did i not notice that holy shit. anyway yeah it's like they are just waging a war of attrition against you & getting the reps in. they're giving into the vain temptation of the electronic music maker, which is pressing copy paste 100 times. Ohhh i worked really hard on this melody and Ohhh i have to get my moneys worth... yeah right buddy.

this feels like it's gonna be chickadee but it's also gonna turn out that she was thinking something copmletely different when sending it like "oh yeah the chorus of voices in this are really creepy to me lol"
Spoiler: tied 9th: cheetory6

catfit: 1.9
unfamiliarity: 0.5
guess: this i think is cheetory6 coded ultimately. oh right he likes swan even.
medals / ICs:

i did listen to this album a few times and got the intended cat 2 feeling at various points in it. i've listened to volcano a lot but you still would have probably done well if you sent it. that said, the parts of it that purely come from production don't do as much for me - maybe it's just that i've listened to a bazillion albums from the 20-something years where people have been able to take inspiration from it. really the thing about this song that gets me is the interlude in the second half which just makes me very sad. it's sort of like, literally what the person is describing just sounds like the person in question has some kind of disability which isn't made clear, in a way that interferes with domestic life. but that just like doesn't match up with the way this person is talking, in a way that's very uncomfortable. also he makes gross mouth sounds. and like the cliffhanger ending leaves you with this simple and yet kind of troubling question "what did he have to show him about the car."

Spoiler: tied 9th: skygazer (it looks like i gave these two songs the exact same score distribution

guess: um i wanna say i've seen skygazeur use this as an avatar or something
medals / ICs:

i've heard this before from seeing it posted on tumblr, like "this song is so uncomfortable to listen to". i guess i hadnt rly been paying attention & assumed that it was supposed to be about the production and not the vocals bc it didnt really get me that time

a strong entry of the cat 2 genre of "songs where i worry about something i'll pick up from the lyrics the next time i listen to it", although the kicker here is that he's speaking very clearly (milking all the words with that goofy affected drawl) and like the innuendo in it is truly so vague as to barely register as anything if not for the fact that he's like nearly drooling and going "AWOOGA!" as he says it. i guess if nothing else it really gets at that "creepy boss guy and secretary" paradigm, where it revels in an exploitative sort of relationship for no particular reason.

my shoulders tightened at the notion of listening to this again. like yes plainly i'm like "ugh i guess i gotta keep clicking on this"

Spoiler: 2nd: hellbooks

enjoyment: 6.1 (4.5+/5)
guess: fireisredsir
submitter: hellbooks was like my second or third guess lols....
medals / ICs: 2nd place +1.5 :zap:

9.5 + 1.5

this song is probably the queen of "i'm like so worried i'm gonna hear something in the lyrics that i missed" style catfit, though it bears mentioning that the unmistakable aspects of it definitely hint at something either sad or frightening, in spite of the song's constant forward resolve. i guess flowers are kind of a classic symbol of death, and the compelling "all is splashig now" refrain makes me think of a catastrophic flood or something, but she says it as though looking forward to it, in a way that specifically makes me think of a water deity or something thats saying like "you guys are all fucking around and you're gonna get the flood thats coming to you". it's gonna rain after all.

i guess the atmosphere building in this song is really good and is surely what earns it the big bucks (rather than just medium bucks). the really chilling thing the first time i listened to it was the warbling and splashing. hilariously this song came right after primitive struggle in the playlist (which in turn came right after the winning song).
Spoiler: tied 11th: biancospino

catfit: 1.2
guess: bianco
submitter: sorry i keep getting you :X -0.1
medals / ICs: this seems to confusingly be on spotify as "another dissonant chord". so +0.0

7.7 + 0.0

it loses a little bit by having a lot of straightforward symphonic metal sort of stuff and by being basically lyricless (yes i see that there's lyrics in the description but i can't parse them in the song and Famously don't read lyrics) (maybe if i announce that i don't read lyrics often enough i will become Famous and enter Hollywood). but there's enough assorted creepiness (including in the album cover and whatever) that i'm not just like clicking on it effortlessly. dont have much else to say. fun song. spookey.

Spoiler: tied 11th: wgeurts

enjoyment: 5.4 (4.2/5)
catfit: 1.3
guess: erm aisa maybe but i dont really know
submitter: wgeurts was my freakin first guess and i backspaced it
medals / ICs:

in between my first and second listens i visited my friend in minneapolis & we watched the simpsons episode 12 of season 2 where homer & marge talk about their prom & there was some line where marge was like "can't i just use blush for my cheeks" and her mom was like "no you have to pinch them or else you're a hussie. try to bust a few capillaries." which was one of those simpsons moments where the writers take their observational comedy skills and do something thats like suddenly very incisively uncomfortable (many of such moments involve marge lol). i think i didnt know about pinching your cheeks before that. anyway the opening lines of this one were a gut punch the second time around and i dont think i made anything of them the first time. lol.

otherwise... how do i put it... i guess the song falls a little short in being evocative for me. i'd say it's clear enough that this song is about like mental health and especially when womanhood makes it hard. but a lot of the writing feels a little subservient to lyricism and sometimes it relies on you to come up with what the problems actually are, e.g. "going through it" "the darkness" etc.

idk, the song is thought provoking enough but doesnt really make me scared of it beyond that surprise body blow at the beginning
Spoiler: tied 13th: deathrowkitty
you should play this song loudly right next to your coworkers

enjoyment: 4.9 (3.9+/5)
catfit: 1.6
guess: death row frog
submitter: yes -0.1
medals / ICs: not on spotify :mute: +0.1

7.4 + 0.1

idk i can deal with some sex sounds especially when there's like a laugh track. but of course theres something mysterious and unsettling going on with this song especially when it sounds like there's some kind of wet and cavernous audio filter towards the end. oh yeah and when she pees into the bowl. another thing is like the very basic aspect of how this was only on youtube which means i have to have my phone on and i'm worried somebodys gonna see it or whatever. and i'm also worried that the censors are gonna come after it in the reveal

mostly just guessing drk because its called a sonata but i think im gonna be right
Spoiler: tied 13th: toolenduso

enjoyment: 6.1 (4.5+/5)
catfit: 0.9
unfamiliarity: 0.4
guess: ceejay vinoya
submitter: toolz
medals / ICs: transition (from
the computers stopped exchanging information
) :construction_site: +0.4

7.4 + 0.4

i think mc ride hit on a really good way to express a certain kind of angst and paranoia which is like like an important feeling of the 21st century. and one gets the impression that he approaches songwriting in a manner that's very honest and vulnerable even if it's like generally not clear what he's talking about exactly. i think i kind of poisoned my ability to really lean in and get affected by it because i was mostly just interested in production when i started listening to them (and the state of Modern Online Death Grips Discussion didn't really help me to try to take the lyrics at face value). i wonder if i'll see anybody wearing like a propellor cap or whatever at riot fest next weekend

this is a great song, i remember listening to it in the shower at one point (the only thing i specifically remembered was bjork going "ah uah uah uah" and also the up my sleeves refrain i guess). i guess it inspires a lot of sympathy.

Spoiler: tied 13th: infinity 324

enjoyment: 5.7 (4.3+/5)
catfit: 0.7
guess: chev?
submitter: infiny
medals / ICs:

i guess this is just so slow to rope me in with anything that it's hard to get any particularly visceral scaredness reaction to it. the drawn out melodic passages get unsettling, just in that way where it's like "hows this sentence gonna end", but it kind of didn't build a lasting impression. yes the vocalist is great and the intense parts in the middle are what is strongest, but at that point i'm like a little bit less receptive. famously people remember the beginning and end of stuff and like if everything scary happens in the middle, that just kinda shoots the song in the foot a little bit. there's a funny thing where she (apparently) says "death never felt so real before" but there's like a spike in the instrumental noise there and it sounds like she's saying "fuck never felt so real before"

i'll be cagey and say that this song is like a white peg from mastermind
Spoiler: 16th: stinky cheesedan
theres like assorted Freaky Shit in the video

enjoyment: 5.4 (4.2/5)
catfit: 0.8
guess: stinky???? no idea
submitter: stinky (cheese dan) -0.1 awesome. why was i right
medals / ICs:

the first 40 seconds arent easy to sit through but i guess the song doesn't follow up on them very much. maybe the central tragedy is that the phrase "try to break one's heart in perpetuity" is kind of a flop for me, like what do i do with that. maybe another thing that's kind of funny is the fact that, any time there's a genuine-sounding despair scream in a song, nobody can make themself put it very loud in the mix. it's like... if this is anything other than really quiet it will be upsetting to people. Uh huh. well i guess it doesn't end up being very upsetting to me then.

i like that off kilter swaying rhythm in the first few minutes

Spoiler: 3rd: tris
this song is like centered on somebody throwing up

enjoyment: 5.8 (4.4/5)
catfit: 2.6
guess: there's some name i'm thinking of that starts with m and ends with ushshagana
submitter: ok this is tris lol
medals / ICs: mushshagana award +0.3, third place +1.2

9.4 + 1.5

so i don't listen to these songs while i'm actually eating but this song got lent a hand when my second time listening to it was while i was *preparing* my lunch. there's that thing somebody said about upton sinclair's *the jungle* about how "it aimed at the public's hearts and it hit their stomachs". and i guess you aimed at my stomach and hit my stomach

i think the worst thing about this is like how little comes out. if there was just a bunch of like splashing it'd be like "ope there it goes." but you just get like one tiny little drip every 10 seconds and it like really wants to trigger a dry heave reflex (i dont think i did ever dry heave about it but like it is hard for something which is a song to make me do that).

the heartbeat drum thing really gets at the primitive struggleness of it. yeah i wince kind of a lot just at the cough at the beginning

i have to think this is msha. right? there was a handful of other mushshagana-symptomatic songs but it's those industrial drums for me. and also the thing it said in the thread.
Spoiler: 17th: PJ.

enjoyment: 5.2 (4.1/5)
catfit: 0.9
guess: pj
submitter: pj..! -0.1
medals / ICs: transition (into
up my sleeves
) :construction_site: +0.4

7.0 + 0.4

i'd say the title and the beginning of the song do a good job of creating some enticing mystery of what's going on here, and then the ensuing 6 minutes of post-rock style belaboring of the point take the mystery away. it's got a lot of semblances of intense music but without much in particular for me to latch onto. but it's still not a complete cake walk to sit through it and it gives a lasting impression that there's something difficult going on here. i like the bass pattern in those last few minutes, like when it does a big sudden drop. and the band is like "well if you like that pattern, do i have the thing for you".

Spoiler: tied 18th: isis

enjoyment: 5.0 (4.0/5)
catfit: 0.8
guess: is this isis .. ?
submitter: yex -0.1
medals / ICs:

https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Lyrics:_Lucent_Wish

my first guess is that i'm supposed to hear this song and like think of the big horrible web of bullets in the touhou. ok well i dont think that. i believe that touhou is this big huge computer game where everyone is a girl and they are shooting you badly. and other than that i feel like i dont understand it. for example i feel like i am going to find out that this song isn't from touhou it just comes from the touhou cover making comunnity because touhou gives you bonus points and extra girls if you make a cover of the songs and enough people listen to it. you get extra points in touhou equal to the number of points schadd gives your song in the walrus. all these unknowns are scary!!! but well the music itself only takes it so far.

i looked up the translation after listening to it the first time, and there's a bunch of poetic/intense sorts of lines that are very scattered, and don't really coalesce into any particularly scary concept for me to sink my teeth into. when i came into it the second time i was kinda worried that the atmosphere of the song (which i didnt really remember) would be something glum and difficult but it's just kind of that neutral dance style that doesn't really get me. perhaps there's some sort of cool tears for fears style emotional duality there but it's harder to resolve that when its not my native language.

enough food for thought that this isnt a dud

Spoiler: tied 18th: channeldelibird

enjoyment: 5.3 (4.1+/5)
catfit: 0.4
guess: tiris...?
submitter: cdb
medals / ICs:

there's a little problem which is that the songwriting doesn't quite knock me dead. the guitar in the verses doesn't really do much for me though i like the interludes. and i guess insofar as i like it it's like a little bit pleasant? the "our love is more" chorus is like anti-scary, it's like gently and sort of vaguely reassuring. i can see a sort of fragile and vulnerable emotional frame of the song but that isn't really dominating how it feels.

thought hard about applying an even eviller -0.1 unfamiliarity points because you could argue that this artist is like interpolated in the line "jen insists that we buy organing vegetables" in courtney barnett's *dead fox*. i've been very vaguely intending to listen to something from this artist since i heard that song like 7 years ago

incidentally i listened to that song right after i pulled this out of my spreadsheet and heard the line "my hay fever is turning up" and thought what even is hay fever anyway. anyway later that day my nose started running and got really sore
Spoiler: 20th: invisibility
at about 2:20 this song suddenly becomes a detailed description of rape.

enjoyment: 4.0 (3.5/5)
catfit: 1.4
guess: invibility..
submitter: invibility -0.1
medals / ICs:

i sort of want to call this tasteless even though that's not a great word when i don't know what this singer's story is or what compels her to write this song. i've experienced in various media this kind of pairing of upbeat/pleasant aesthetics, along with something violent or odious, which i very rarely like. of course mood contrasts are generally crucial for exploring some complicated feeling, like the fact of having to return to your typical life after something horrible happens to you, but oftentimes i get a feeling like "i, the author, think that i am above this & am happy to exploit it for entertainment." an extreme of this is something like happy tree friends.

this song is way closer to resembling a an exploration of complicated feelings but it still doesn't really get me to like it. it also doesn't help that i spend 80% of the song not really being able to parse language from it and well that kind of prevents the mood from being able to build other than in the most abstract way. but there's various things i might call interesting. was kind of uncomfortable listening to it a second time.
Spoiler: 21st: majiffy

enjoyment: 4.5 (3.7+/5)
catfit: 0.5
guess: delly bird
submitter: majifty who i think i didnt guess anywhere
medals / ICs:

this is one where i give it 0.5 points because i'm worried i'll understand something about it the next time i listen to it that makes it scarier. but um i guess i failed to do so. sure it has some musical intenseness but i usually don't really like it when there's a bunch of instruments kind of indistinctly doing the same thing.

and the central thematic principle of the song uh doesn't really do a lot for me either unfortunately. i don't mind being a different person i guess.

Spoiler: 22nd: aisa
content warning suburban malaise ALSO FLASHING randomly in the middle of the video

enjoyment: 4.7 (3.8+/5)
catfit: 0.3
guess: gonna throw out a stone cold dud guess which is hellbooks LOL bc i dont have her anywhere else
submitter: aisa danggggg
medals / ICs:

i liked her first album but at some point she said "i refuse to have any lyric thats not like a vignette." in particular the part where she talks about a dream she had is like a caricature of phoebe bridgers lyrics. um what else do i have to say about this... oh yeah content warning suburban malaise which i said at the top. well i'm saying it again.

i like the really low bass singer during a few of the bridges or whatever, it reminds me of i get lonesome by beck (and some other guy whose name i dont remember). slightly below the paired vocalist cat threshhold.
Spoiler: 23rd: t3

enjoyment: 4.4 (3.7/5)
catfit: 0.3
unfamiliarity: 0.6
guess: t3
submitter: this is t3 -0.1
medals / ICs: laughed out loud at the song/artist :womans_hat: +1.5

5.2 + 1.5

the reason i laughed at this is that i have a slightly established dislike of radiohead. shaft.ed submitted them to my first walrus's cat 2. i always kind of worry that i'm gonna suddenly like them a lot and have to go back on my word, like every year i get more tolerant of music and more willing to meet it where it's at and maybe at some point i'm gonna cross a threshhold where i suddenly get it, which would be embarrassing. but i also don't really think that's gonna happen. and it didn't happen the first time i listened to this and so things looked safe for the second time.

there's like nice morsels of music in this but it just feels very bland and there's precious little drive for me to root around in these words to figure out what this song is even about. sure i could read any of the million paragraphs written about it... well it turns out im not even going to read the lyrics. i dont like reading lyrics. you kind of have to admire this guy's hatred of consonants, which like poisoned 26 years of vocalists. i think it's very admirable that he recorded that "i lost myself" segment in the middle of a dentist appointment

Spoiler: 24th: fireisredsir
i think that this is about suicidality

enjoyment: 2.9 (2.9/5)
catfit: 0.1
guess: i dont know who i have left and i guess i wont guess anybody
submitter: fireisredsir lol sorry
medals / ICs:

the whole thing here unfortunately runs face first into the fact that i just dont like this guy. a while ago i had vaguely wanted to listen to this album because i knew it was, well, the sort of thing you'd send to cat 2 (i had listened to girl with basket of fruit and not rly liked it) and then i read the interview about the album cover and really hated it a lot. the story is that he hired a sex worker in vietnam and took pictures of him, which i wouldnt say is necessarily like an immoral thing but i rly disliked the way he talked about it and it didnt sound like the guy knew his dick was gonna be an album cover. and unsurprisingly when i did hear this it mostly just failed to elicit sympathy from me, nor to prompt me to be charitable to the various kind of interesting pieces of the production.

i wanted to give this a perfect 0 catfit because i was like "i'll happily come back to this just to verify that it doesnt really do anything for me" but i did end up kind of feeling like "urgh." oh another thing is that idk what he's saying mostly. hilariously this song was first in my playing order. and i almost laughed at it just in the classic way that the walrus forces you to listen to something, like the Promise i made to myself not to listen to this album was immediately broken. i suspect that this isnt chickadee so this score probably gets dropped with little issue
Spoiler: 4th place: mushshagana
there's like an auditory jumpscare at the end of this

guess: tool?
submitter: msha!!!!! dang!!!!!!!!!!
medals / ICs: not on spotify +0.1 :mute:, 4th place +0.9 :nazar_amulet:, mushshagana award royalties +0.1

8.7 + 1.1

a big part of this is that goofy little gunfire sample which very strongly reminds me of this wolfenstein-like game i played as a kid called "nitemare-3d" which had a segment where there was a ceiling-mounted turret that would kill you instantly & i was like very scared of it. and then yeah there's that jumpscare at the end. me when i get hit by a horror villain: "nnoo!". the intervening music is just intense enough to like bridge the gap beween those two things without gaining or losing fright power.

idk good song. the not on spotifyness and like various aspects of the music could very easily be mushshagana. sorry i just always have to say when that's true.

Spoiler: approximate listening order
Last edited by schadd_ on Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: Balki B

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:06 pm

Post by schadd_ »

free darius mccollum

MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:55 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

It's not surprising you guessed me for the Pharmakon track, given I like power electronics and everything. Helio is a special beast though.
199-member plural system. We kinda exploded. We'll sign if we switch, but it's a host-centric setup round here now.

It/its pronouns only.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:59 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i submitted that one knowing full well it was very likely to not land at all, but figured what's the point of dropping the lowest score if you don't take a risk with one of them

i totally get and kinda agree with the general xiu xiu distaste but personally i think that song is like at least 10x better than their second best song (of ones ive heard)
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:15 pm

Post by schadd_ »

could have very feasibly liked that song if i didnt dislike it
free darius mccollum

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:56 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

the song guessed for me is rly good so i am content
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:20 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I'm kinda glad I missed the reveal on this one. The gross mouthsounds definitely made me click away from a few and I would definitely not listen to some of these again. I guess in that way, mission accomplished!

Also, I find it humorous that at some points in this list you are just throwing your wands up and shrugging at who this could possibly be even omitting a guess at one point but on the other side you also get like 7 or so right in a row.

Also also I'll take my lead, but with the knowledge that it is a mirage. Once the lowest song is dropped I vanish from the position entirely! But it's fun to see myself there. I really doubted myself a lot with my submissions and will probably continue to despite this.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:49 pm

Post by schadd_ »

alright. so. the plan is that on thursday evening i will reveal:
-cat 8 section 1
-cat 8 section 2
-two random pairs of songs from cat 8 section 3
which adds up to 17 songs. on monday evening i will reveal the remaining pairs of songs from cat 8. this lets me split the reveal time (and like writing up work i guess) over two different instances and also preserves this cool thing where there's pairs of songs mixed in with single songs which i thought was funny (although it's just two pairs mixed in). thursday will just be like "here's 1st place for today" but monday will have medals announced which may well include some of the top several scorers from thursday.
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:50 pm

Post by schadd_ »

thursday reveal: 7pm central US (expired on 2023-09-14 19:00:00)
monday reveal: 7pm central US (expired on 2023-09-18 19:00:00)
free darius mccollum

Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:50 am

Post by Pink Ball »

I think I'll be able to make it tomorrow!!
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:51 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Monday is chilean's 4th of July so I may make a drunk appearance at some point if I remember about this
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:06 pm

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler:
Majiffy wrote:
MUSHSHAGANA wrote:
Invisibility wrote:
Skygazer wrote:
DeathRowKitty wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
ChannelDelibird wrote:
toolenduso wrote:
Cheetory6 wrote:
T3 wrote:
stinkycheesedan wrote:
Isis wrote:
biancospino wrote:
hellbooks wrote:
wgeurts wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
Chickadee wrote:
Aisa wrote:
Chevre wrote:
ceejayvinoya wrote:
Infinity 324 wrote:
fireisredsir wrote:
tris wrote:
PJ. wrote:

reveal in an hour! hoping to start asap at 7pm although who knows if i'll be able to
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:16 pm

Post by schadd_ »

cat 8: section 1, 2, two pairs from 3
Spoiler: section 2: deathrowkitty

section: 2
enjoyment: 6 (4.5/5)
catfit: 2.9
guess: has the feeling of a cheetory6 zinger
submitter: deathrowkitty zinger lol awesome
medals / ICs:

this is just definitely very spring for me. there's those little murmurings and whisperings and hissings in the background that are like little bugs starting to figure out that they get to freely hang out outside or whatever, just in general it has the feeling of lifeforms starting to teem and temperatures coming up (bass always makes me think of heat and this song occasionally has it and occasionally doesn't, which is like an erratic spring climate).

another thing is that the number one thing i think of with spring is that sudden intensity of emotion you get from breathing the suddenly oxygen rich air, which isnt necessarily like a positive or negative thing it's just ramped up a lot. and i think the lyrics match that, there's like a bunch of drastic statements that sound endorphin-laden more than anything, and the most remarkable moments in the song are when the vocalist just suddenly gets really boomingly loud.

the refrain mentions dark space and bright light also make me think of like the quick change in daylight hours during spring - although you could sort of take those lines to refer to the day and night situation in pretty much any season if you wanted, but just the mentions of active light and darkness make me think of Seasons in General and thats still worth something

we're going with 2.9 and not 3.0 probably because i'm still paranoid the submitter comes in and says oh yeah this is like obviously supposed to be winter

Spoiler: section 2: stinkycheesedan

enjoyment: 6.7 (4.8+/5)
catfit: 2.0
guess: pj
submitter: danny lolll fukkkk my ass
medals / ICs: suburbs :bridge_at_night: + 0.1, tony hawk eligible :skateboard: +0.4

9.7 + 0.5

i think i'm gonna be hardened old coot and decline to give this higher than 4.8+ but good god is this song addicting lol. i'm like smiling insistently the whole time i'm listening to it. there's something about the way it refuses to state affirmatively/non-ironically what the song is about and yet there's such an brilliantly clear tone. that "unless he's a jerk or a crybaby!" line which is interrupted by the start of the drudging and indignant chorus, the statement "i'm popular" which has this like slight melodic upward motion which only barely nods at the fact that it's supposed to resemble an excited and fulfilled statement. idk there's like 30 lines in this song i could just restate here with no commentary needed but probably my favorite thing is "my mom says i'm a catch" like that line simultaneously makes me smile at the Alt Kid anti-statement being made by it as well as, like, just the statement at face value.

i can't find it but there was this image set on tumblr from the show too hot to handle where two of the guys were talking to each other like "would you ever go long term with a girl" / "do you mean like getting married? ...i dont think so" / "when i say long term i mean like. six weeks" / "...no, bro"

it's kind of hard to justify any particular place in the year where teenage angst lives, and yet i'm pretty comfortable saying i get a spring feeling from this, just because i feel like the end of the schoolyear is where all the Popularness in high school is calcified (like this is something they would play at like the goth prom or the graduation afterparty for all the rejects or whatever) and this makes me think of something like "the weather and the atmosphere i'm in make me feel like i'm supposed to be happy but that's just not how it is." like you get all those spring endorphins that build emotional intensity that cant go anywhere. still, i'm not giving this more than a 2 bc i feel like i'm doing the thing where i like the song so much i'm trying extra hard to find good catfit stuff

would be very embarrassing if this is stinkycheesedan and i didnt gues it even though it told me "ive been getting into 90s emo lately"

Spoiler: section 3: isis

enjoyment: 5.8 (4.4/5 and 4.4+/5
guess: cjv ?
submitter: isisss
medals / ICs:

ugly lyrics
無敵級*ビリーバー lyrics

even with the extra translating steps this is a super straightforward and so great pair. i mean i get the gist of ugly just by listening to it lol but you know. and i actually also kinda get the gist of the love live song. the part that knocks em dead is how they both have the mirror bit, and that kinda appears in english in both songs (although i dont think i noticed it in the love live song before translating it).

in particular, ugly is like, Im ugly and i wish i wasnt. this mirror sucks. and the love live song is like i'm so awesome i love looking in the mirror.

the musical aspect i noticed is how they both have this triumphant upbeatness, although with *ugly* the chorus is this strong and concrete and maybe like singable hook, whereas the love live song dances around the chorus very elaborately and giddily, which in turn makes it feel brilliantly self assured and confident.

i guess when i was listening to them i got the feeling that the love live song was gonna be about being in love (because its called love live i guess) and thought "thats kind of nice." but then when i saw that it was jsut like this awesome self celebration song i was like ohhhh thats like a way better negation lol

i feel a little bit worried that i'm just going to like the paired song situations a lot more on average because of how simple of an idea this was but Well it was freaking good
Spoiler: section 3: hellbooks

section: 3
enjoyment: 5.9 (4.5/5 and 4.4/5)
guess: hellbooks
submitter: get guessed i guess -0.1
medals / ICs:

hiccup breakup lyrics (untranslated...)
rainy boots lyrics

hiccup hiccup... take a brush and put a little breakup breakup

the contrast i notice btwn the two songs is in the general time signatureness, not only that the first one is 7/8 or 13/8 or whatever and the second one is 4/4, but generally in the sort of wobbly off kilter feeling of the first one and the surefootedness of the second one. in particular there's a lot of like dotted eight note + sixteenth note rhythms in the vocaloid song that it does very precisely because its a vocaloid. i remember being in orchestra class in 7th grade and mr. carrillo pointed out how we were playing that dotted note rhythm as if it were like in 6/8 time, like two tied triplets + another triplet. and i think of that as an example about how people just kinda like doing triplet rhythms more, or will sligthly screw up exacting and unsyncopated 4/4 rhythms, which makes it stand out when the vocaloid very distinctly does it exactly as it would be written in sheet music or whatever. sorry for rambling etc.

anyway, this pairs with the subject matter interestingly, where the first song is about breaking up amicably and sort of loosely speculating about what went wrong, whereas the second song is like a point of acute emotional discomfort (being unhappy and uncertain, with pooling rainfall being a symbol for it) but also it seems like the singer is trying to take solace in someone else (although i think that the someone else might be the boots or something). i guess i dont really have comments other than just describing whats going on but its cool.

kind of want to minjaephobically give somebody a je ne sais chat award if they succeeded in framing hellbooks with this korean indie song and vocaloid

Spoiler: section 1: aisa

section: 1
catfit: 2.2 + 0.1
guess: infinity..?
submitter: aiza. yup. good night
medals / ICs:

sure, there's a pretty solid fighting and dark type, mostly just from a direct reading of the lyrics: dark type from that idea of night terrors and mosters and stuff (you could also get ghost type, but it feels less of a Spooky Mysterious situation and more like actively frightening and evil) and fighting from, well, how she's like "im gonna fight them". there's a little bit of support in the orchestration for a haunting feeling and a bit of support in the vocal songwriting for the feeling of a rugged fighting instict, and i guess both of those naturally come from the fact the song is about that.

it's sort of goofy to think of this as like a "dual type" when the two things are in opposition to each other, but at the same time it compellingly gets at the coolness of fighting being super effective against dark. like literally the feeling of the song is like ... physically fighting off night terrors. and i guess that's what fighting type pokemon do day in day out. and on the other hand that idea enriches the song a little bit, it's a nice thing.

Spoiler: section 1: channeldelibird

catfit: 1.9 + 0.1
guess: um..... w'geurt?
submitter: cdb
medals / ICs:

this song leans a little bit on the fact that it gets you started thinking about mushrooms because of the title (which is you know a little bit cheating) as well as the fact that for some reason various video games have instilled the idea of a certain kind of melodic motif thats associated with mushrooms. but yeah this is like all bouncy and stuff Which reminds me of mario kart wii mushrooms gorge. which is in turn like grass type. there's some kinda metalness to how you'd describe the instrumentation, a common thread is the glockenspiel and the cowbell and of course the distorted guitar which is of course like "metal" music although it kind of makes me think electric type by default. One of them magnemite types... but definitely a more obvious steel reading.

i like that guitar tone which feels like it has very little of the actual guitar sounds and is just the electricy part (and maybe its like synthesized or whatever..)
Spoiler: section 2: chickadee

catfit: 1.8
guess: chickdee maybe...
submitter: get guessed -0.1
medals / ICs: chills :sparkles: +1.1

8.5 + 1.1

something that definitely gives me a wintery feeling is a very meek bass that feels like it's constantly on the verge of wearing out, a body's heat source slowly giving way to the cold. various things also have the feeling of a sudden chill, or just like the aesthetics of something shimmering untouchably icy. where it runs into difficulties are in those texturally rich and crunchy strings, which immediately made me think of fallen leaves. and otherwise it sort of doesn't have the feeling of smooth snow cover or the like. and i guess those like lyrical mentions of frozenness and winter (she name drops winter...! how gauche...!) don't do all that much to help it for me. but this is still good. somehow i think you'll be able to deal with any mild shortcomings in the score Because of your chills medal.

Spoiler: section 2: t3

guess: bianco maybe
submitter: ahh t3
medals / ICs:

lyricques

the lyrics are about like lets all join hands and be sad losers together. i get a summer feeling from this, it's like a very plodding bassy thing that feels like having to keep working in the heat. i guess the rly straightforward metal thing that rammstein do (du) works well with the feeling of being like very conscious of your physicality (because its so hot) (in da summer). i guess that the hopelessness theme doesn't very strongly make me think of summer nor does it seem unlike summer, sometimes summers feel hopeless.

something entered my mind unbidden while i was listening to this which is KOMM MIT i feel dirty DU HAST your own child BAL LONS neun und neunzig. which i say purely because it would theoretically make danny laugh and danny is like not gonna see this

apparently rammstein have this song "dicke titten" from recently

Spoiler: section 1: pj

enjoyment: 5.2 (4.1/5)
catfit: 1.6 + 0.1
guess: is this like chev...
submitter: pj !
medals / ICs: MUSIC THAT MAKES ME SHIT :pill: +1.0

7.9 + 1.0

i can definitely get a psychic type out of this - there's those moments where there's suddenly this big wide synth voice going like "wuahhhh" (they made me look up whether this was like an alias of oneohtrix point never...) and you can definitely imagine those big red waves from when claydol uses psychic. or like a big purple eye opening. i think the second type (or first type i guess) wants to be grass... but i'm kind of struggling with that. like that funny little arpeggio melody makes me think of some kinda cave full of mushrooms and like slime mold or whatever... but i mean caves have a lot of different stuff in them. famously flying and poison types for example. and there's like a lot of funny alternating vibraphone and marimba that kind of muddles the type aesthetic.

psychic type isn't an easy one though and i am going to cautiously assume you tried and succeeded to do that

Spoiler: section 1: ceejayvinoya

catfit: 0.9 + 0.1
unfamiliarity: 1
guess: triz????
submitter: ceejay vinoya
medals / ICs: like beloved :baby: +0.6

7.8 + 0.6

lyrix

um this one is a hell of a puzzle. so the lyrics are about like attempting some world domination plan by leveraging the innocent appearance of a baby. its not exactly clear how that would work. i think that the innocent baby stuff is supposed to represent fairy type - like nowadays those baby-type moves like sweet kiss and charm are fairy type. that connection is kinda tenuous in my head, i still think of those as normal type and i guess being a baby in general as a normal type thing (like how azurill was just normal type and not water type). and Um, you'll have to forgive me for not really getting a normal type feeling out of this song as a whole. on the other hand you could get a dark type feeling from the world domination thing (which is kind of supported by the manic and evil instrumentation) as well as a fighting type. and i also can't help but feel like theres some completely other type i've missed.

so this ends up being super muddled but i can't help but give it a bit of catfit just for the amount of fun i had trying to puzzle this out.

there's a great commitment that the vocalist has to being engaging, there's that "ababa ababa" thing which is injected into the chorus and other such pure bonus vocalization stuff. i wanted to give this "honest songwriting" just because i'm otherwise predisposed not to give that to non-english music, although the reason for that is how i can't really judge the interaction between lyrics and melody very closely. instead i'm gonna go ahead and hit this with a ridiculous "like beloved" cat which would possibly make somebody laugh if they've read the book (and equally possibly just make them groan at my inanity)

Spoiler: section 2: toolenduso

catfit: 2.3
unfamiliarity: -0.1
guess: i kinda gotta go with drk but this could easily be like a stray ari
submitter: toolz
medals / ICs:

i don't even know for sure that i've listened to this a bunch of times - i remember listening to it on an ipod in my room when my pet roly poly died in like third grade. and it was just about to graduate too. but anyway i just looked at it and was like "yup i know gymnopedie. bum dum.... bum dum... etc etc". and even the middly parts too.

but you know its like a good song and whatever. i even think that most people would think of it as wintery (i asked my mom who likes it and she was like yeah definitely winter) but it's pretty comfortably fall to me. both of those seasons want to have the spacious landscape of wistful seventh chords, but this song makes me think of hanging out outside and thinking about stuff and maybe looking around at the empty trees and whatever as an accessory for your thinking. and i do that sometimes during the winter sure but not for long. fall lets you hang out outside for a long time and not start to have your fingers and toes freeze up.
Spoiler: section 1: pink ball

enjoyment: 5.0 (4.0/5)
catfit: 1.4 + 0.1
guess: channeldelibird. however i remember seeing cdb sent "section 1" and thinking like, well yeah like ice flying i guess. so i'm not gonna take away a point if i'm right just bc i remember that
submitter: ok well. this is pink ball
medals / ICs:

i guess it's somewhat clear to me this is supposed to be water/flying type. like the water is a pretty clear motif, and then there's like those sounds of wind and occasional mentions of flight. the problem is this song is kind of a slog and in my first impression i really just came away with water type and like maybe normal type because this is just like a normal ass song. long-type? ballad-type? elton john-type? like you spend a lot of time sitting through the prog organ solo or whatever to get just one more morsel of some kind of Type. of any kind.

the one fact about this is that those little choruses e.g. "on this airplane comin home to you..." are really great.
Spoiler: section 2: aristophanes

enjoyment: 5.5 (4.2+/5)
catfit: 1.0
guess: pink bwall...?
submitter: aristophs...
medals / ICs:

i can very easily imagine that one could listen to this and immediately think of a certain season, and i could also easily imagine that season being spring. i think that spring is the one you'd associate with freedom and open-endedness and generally being the target of nostalgia (maybe summer i guess? only if you're specifically thinking of being a kid on summer vacation). but i guess this slightly misses in that it doesn't do anything to prompt a specific season directly. it's sort of like this song is saying "man what a great period of time that was... you all know what i'm talking about" and well different people in the audience just come away thinking different times. another thing is that there's the sort of frame narrative where she's talking about being lost and confused in the present and maybe that could be like a fall or a winter compared to the spring or summer of the rest of the song. well i guess you're usually not like waxing nostalgic like this about like six months ago but still.

i like the gentle accelerando for the refrain and the way it eventually adds mandolin or whatever that is.

easily the best part of this is when she says something in welsh and he's like ehmm can you say that slower
Spoiler: section 2: infinity 324

enjoyment: 4.8 (3.9/5)
catfit: 1.1
guess: erm isis perhaps
submitter: infiny ahh
medals / ICs: not on spotify :mute: +0.1

6.8 + 0.1

maybe the feeling here is like "surely not winter" and "surely not fall" and then hrmm probably spring i guess. its got a little bit of the spring-like florid and vivacious feeling. maybe this is a classic problem where i'm not super engaged by the song to begin with and so i'm not really hunting for thematic content. it doesn't help that i never really liked the sound font on the ds games. like i started out with the stinky little midi instruments on GBA and then when i heard a slightly more modernized version of that sound i was like "boo this sucks!!! yells at cloud!!!"

oh yeah i briefly got an aneurysm from this being in the seasons and not the pokemon part which is maybe the intention
Spoiler: section 2: chevre

enjoyment: 4.8 (3.9/5)
catfit: 0.7
guess: aisa..?
submitter: chevy...
medals / ICs:

this tragically falls flat into a problem where its general shiny optimism, which might generally want to be associated with spring or summer (which is a little bit ambiguous to begin with), but also hits the problem where i'm not like the other girls and i usually get a little pumped up during the winter and probably also at various points during the fall. sure theres like that sunshine motif and thats really all that does particularly well.

this earns back some of the enjoyment points it loses from me getting tired of it, during that little ukelele + clarinet piece at the end

this is late belle and sebastian to a tee. And yet i don't seem to be taking off 0.1 unfamiliarity points. i need to get more evil

Last edited by schadd_ on Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:31 pm

Post by schadd_ »

couple notes:
  • i gave 0.1 extra catfit points to the section 1 submitters because there were only 5 of them & it seemed hard. i feel like this is probably too slight of a margin even
  • if there was any single song where the types/season i was thinking matched the types/season the submitter was thinking, none of them piped up about it. on record i have that deathrowkitty and stinkycheesedan were thinking of fall and t3 were thinking of winter, which are each exactly opposite to what i said. everybody else can also step in to say oh yeah i was actually thinking of other thing. no skin off my nose.
  • ONE INVISIBLE CAT CHOOSES THIS BELATED MOMENT TO REVEAL ITSELF:
    biking music
    :bike::
    4.4 pts

:arrow_right_hook: i decided that there would be just one award for a song i test out and see if it's good for bicycling and give it a kind of unreasonable amount of points. i am choosing to retroactively award it to isis
    forever the sickest kids - she's a lady
    . a small part of that is because i think i underrated it a little bit (i could be persuaded up to the hallowed number of 4.8+/5) but mostly because it just works extremely well with air whipping past your face.
  • In post 283, schadd_ wrote: monday reveal: 7pm central US (expired on 2023-09-18 19:00:00)
    this reveal of the remaining songs in cat 8 (all paired songs of section 3) is actually going to be on wednesday. in (expired on 2023-09-20 19:00:00)
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:41 pm

Post by schadd_ »

• the final rankings for this cat and an updated standings chart will be posted after the next reveal - this is all one category (with only one set of 1st-4th place medals)
  • to reiterate, cat 1 reveals the sunday after the next reveal, which will be sunday the 24th at 2pm. which is like (expired on 2023-09-24 14:00:00). in order to support a 2 month limit on going steady . .
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:59 pm

Post by schadd_ »

my mom says im a catch
im popular
im never last picked
im cheetory6
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:07 pm

Post by schadd_ »

nada surf guy annoyedly while his significant other is in the bathroom: i propose we support a 1 month limit on getting ready
free darius mccollum

Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:41 am

Post by Skygazer »

i was asleep for most of this one, and apologies in advance for probably being asleep when the next one is happening :sob:

i don't know what's happening to my sleep schedule
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:25 am

Post by Pink Ball »

For fucks sake I missed it again!! Wednesday I’ll put an alarm
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:05 pm

Post by schadd_ »

riot fest walrus diary:
-warpaint (which chickadee sent last time) played but i didnt wake up soon enough to be there for them. nor did i grab a brush and put a little makeup
-saw death grips who did not play up my sleeves which was weird because bjork was sitting there sidestage and i thought she'd come on and do it but she never did
-i saw pup for 40 seconds. dont know if they played the song chevre sent last time
-100 gecs played i got my tooth removed as well as hand crushed like a mallet which pj sent last time although it wasnt the remix with fallout boy and whatever
-dont know whether queens of the stone age played go with the flow. i left 20 minutes in to go see insane clown posse. however they didnt start for 15 minutes after their schedule time so i left and saw the last 3 minutes of queens of the stone age who were continuing (or possibly starting) to not play go with the flow
-postal service played nothing better & just had jenny lewis do the girl part. when she was like "say goodbye" at the end i left
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:08 pm

Post by schadd_ »

tomorrow is the cure which i will not watch as well as godspeed you black emperor which was probably submitted in cat 1 by a member of the burgeoning walrus post rock community. also code orange played yesterday which i didnt attend
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:44 am

Post by schadd_ »

note that cat 8 part 2 is happening tonight!
free darius mccollum

Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:08 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

I’m here were do I have to go!!
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:09 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Oh it’s in one hour lol
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:15 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 297, Pink Ball wrote: I’m here were do I have to go!!
the reveal is on discord! there is a "channel-sign-ups" place where you can get the "live games" and "music" roles which i think you need in order to look at the relevant channels. i always ping everybody on discord as well when it's about to start
free darius mccollum

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”