Skygazer's Mini Normal Review, June 2023 (Released)

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Skygazer's Mini Normal Review, June 2023 (Released)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:59 pm

Post by implosion »

Skygazer wrote:
setup info wrote: 13p mini normal w/ daytalk & multitasking scum
  1. town innocent child mason
  2. town roaming babysitter mason
  3. town 1-shot pt cop
  4. town 1-shot role cop
  5. town vengeful miller
  6. vanilla townie
  7. vanilla townie
  8. vanilla townie
  9. vanilla townie
  10. vanilla townie
  11. mafia 1-shot simple cop
  12. mafia 1-shot vanilla cop
  13. mafia informed goon (four players in this game have roles that start with "1-shot" and end with "cop.")
Spoiler: role PMs

player1Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Town Innocent Child Mason

Abilities

Innocent Child
- You will be confirmed as town by the moderator at the start of the game.

Mason
- You share a masonry private topic with player2, where you may communicate at any time. You know player2 to be town-aligned.

Win Condition

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated. Please confirm by replying with a short summary of your role.

player2Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Town Roaming Babysitter Mason

Abilities

Roaming Babysitter
- Each night you may target a player. Assuming no interference, that player will be protected from one kill, but will die if you die that night. You may target each player only once throughout the course of this game.

Mason
- You share a masonry private topic with player1, where you may communicate at any time. You know player1 to be town aligned.

Win Condition

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated. Please confirm by replying with a short summary of your role.

player3Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Town 1-Shot PT Cop

Abilities

1-Shot PT Cop
- Once in this game, at night, you may target a player. If your target belongs to a private topic, you will get a result of "{target} belongs to a private topic." If they don't, you will get a result of "{target} does not belong to a private topic." If something interferes with your action, you will get a "no result" message.

Win Condition

player4Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Town 1-Shot Role Cop

Abilities

1-Shot Role Cop
- Once in this game, at night, you may target a player. You will receive your target's role (but not alignment) in the form of "{target} is a {role}." If something interferes with your action, you will get a "no result" message.

Win Condition

player5Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Town Vengeful Miller

Abilities

Vengeful
- If you are voted to be executed during the day, you may target a player with a kill attempt during the twilight phase. The thread will be locked during this time; if you don't submit a kill after 36 hours, it will be treated as a "no kill" submission.

Miller
- If you are targeted by a Cop ability, they will receive a "guilty" result.

Win Condition

player6Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities

Vanilla
- You have no special abilities.

Win Condition

player7Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities

Vanilla

Win Condition

player8Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities

Vanilla

Win Condition

player9Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities

Vanilla

Win Condition

player10Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities

Vanilla

Win Condition

player11Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Mafia 1-Shot Simple Cop
. Your partners are player12 and player13.

Abilities

1-Shot Simple Cop
- Once in this game, at night, you may target a player to learn their alignment. If you target a vanilla townie or mafia goon, you will get a result of "{target} is aligned with the town" or "{target} is aligned with the mafia." If you target a player that is not vanilla, or if something interferes with your action, you will get a "no result" message.

Factional Communication
- You may talk to your faction at any time using this private topic.

Factional Kill
- Each night, one member of your faction may attempt to kill a player. You may use this ability and your other ability at the same time.

Win Condition

You win when your faction controls half of the votes or nothing can prevent this from occurring. Please confirm by replying with a short summary of your role.

player12Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Mafia 1-Shot Vanilla Cop
. Your partners are player11 and player13.

Abilities

1-Shot Vanilla Cop
- Once in this game, at night, you may target a player. If your target is vanilla (a Vanilla Townie or Mafia Goon), you will get a result of "{target} is vanilla." Otherwise, you will get a result of "{target} is not vanilla." If something interferes with your action, you will get a "no result" message.

Factional Communication

Factional Kill
- Each night, one member of your faction may attempt to kill a player. You may use this ability and your other ability at the same time.

Win Condition

You win when your faction controls half of the votes or nothing can prevent this from occurring. Please confirm by replying with a short summary of your role.

player13Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Mafia Informed Goon
. Your partners are player11 and player12.

Abilities

Informed
- You know that four players in this game have roles that start with "1-Shot" and end with "Cop." This information will not become public if you die.

Factional Communication

Factional Kill
- Each night, one member of your faction may attempt to kill a player.

Win Condition

Spoiler: results
dramatic innocent child reveal"{Player} is town-aligned."

twilightWe are currently experiencing an extended twilight phase... please stand by.

pt cop result"{Target} belongs to a PT."

pt cop result"{Target} does not belong to a PT."

role cop result"{Target} is a {role}."

simple cop result"{Target} is aligned with the town."

simple cop result"No result."

vanilla cop result"{Target} is vanilla."

vanilla cop result"{Target} is not vanilla."
post0 wrote:
Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room

pregame | moderated by Skygazer | reviewed by two smart and beautiful people

"I am sitting in a room different from the one you are in now. I am recording the sound of my speaking voice and I am going to play it back into the room again and again until the resonant frequencies of the room reinforce themselves so that any semblance of my speech, with perhaps the exception of rhythm, is destroyed. What you will hear, then, are the natural resonant frequencies of the room articulated by speech. I regard this activity not so much as a demonstration of a physical fact, but more as a way to smooth out any irregularities my speech might have."

- Alvin Lucier, 1969

[ youtube link ]

Spoiler: player list

* asterisks indicate prods

Spoiler: living players
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Spoiler: dead players
tbd

Spoiler: important links
none
post1 wrote:
I stole these bad boys from schadd_

General:

- Please adhere to the site rules. Also check out these clarifications. Site rules supersede my own.
- Do not discuss this game of mafia outside of this thread or any private topics that I have created.
- Day phases will be 10 days long.
- Night phases will last 48 hours maximum. On any given night, if all players PM me that they are okay to speed up the night, it will end sooner.
- During night phases, no talking may be done in the thread.
- Do not take any action that attempts to prove the existence of private game communications. You are allowed to claim that these communications exist as long as you do not attempt to provide evidence.
- If you have any questions about your role, or the game, feel free to privately message me. If I'm asked a question publicly, I will try to answer it as accurately as I can without revealing anything about the game.
- Dead players may not post. This includes "bah" posts and the twilight phase before post-game.

Voting / Player Actions:

- Vote either with vote tags (VOTE: Skygazer) or with bold (
vote: skyg
). Note that nicknames, abbreviations and acronyms are acceptable, as long as the intended vote is obvious. I will state if a vote isn't obvious.
- Don't try to confuse me with your votes.
- An execution will occur once a majority decision is reached. If no majority is reached, the day phase will end peacefully.
- Following an execution, it is twilight. You may continue to post until I lock the thread.
- After the twilight phase, I will reveal the role and alignment of the executed player and the night phase shall begin.
- If you have a night action, you may submit it from night one and each subsequent night phase (or whichever nights are specified by the role).

Activity:

- You are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you haven't posted for 48 hours, I shall prod you. If you do not respond to the prod within 24 hours (either in thread if it's Day, or via PM during the Night) then I will replace you.
- As well, if you require more than three prods, I will force-replace you.
- If you decide to replace out, please PM me and don't post in thread after doing so; if you want to rescind the replacement please PM me again and don't post in thread until you hear back.

Misc:

- No impossible/hard to read text, or cryptography. For example, I would prefer that no font size smaller than the one you're reading now be used.
- The mod may make mistakes; please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
- If you need to get the mod's attention, either PM me, or bold the text you wish to draw to my attention.
- I reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as I see fit. You will, of course, be notified if that happens, however.
post2 wrote:
Important setup stuff that someone will inevitably neglect to read

- This game follows Normal Game Guidelines and uses Normal Game Natural Action Resolution. Please peruse these pages and linked roles, as they outline everything that is possible in a "Normal Game."
- One of you shall be dramatically revealed as town-aligned when the game starts.
- This game has day talk for all private threads.
- Mafia-aligned power roles are able to use their factional kill alongside other actions they may have on the same night.
- This game will have ten town-aligned players and three mafia-aligned players.
- At least one player received the following role pm (modified to match their own username):

SkygazerWelcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities

Vanilla

Win Condition

Last edited by T-Bone on Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:59 pm

Post by implosion »

Primary: Ausuka
Secondary: DkKoba
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:31 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:31 am

Post by Skygazer »

we meet again
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:40 am

Post by Ausuka »

hewwo

I think this looks balanced at first glance
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:11 am

Post by Skygazer »

question: role cop on informed goon just returns "informed," correct?

i'm tempted to make the mafia 1-shot simple cop a 1-shot complex cop because the idea of mafia finding a miller is really funny to me and it makes slightly more sense as a fakeclaim with this setup imo.
i have the most queues
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:17 am

Post by Ausuka »

I think the switch to complex cop works

And yes it only sees it as 'Informed' without the information, similar to how it just flips as informed without the information
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:17 am

Post by Ausuka »

I will say that I think the chance the miller doesn't claim is low and therefore unfortunately the funny cop interaction is unlikely to happen
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:20 am

Post by DkKoba »

Well the Miller would claim SoD1 as is standard but it'd be funny if that wasn't meta
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:20 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 7, Ausuka wrote: I will say that I think the chance the miller doesn't claim is low and therefore unfortunately the funny cop interaction is unlikely to happen
just invite Not Mafia into this game ez
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:27 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 6, Ausuka wrote: I think the switch to complex cop works

And yes it only sees it as 'Informed' without the information, similar to how it just flips as informed without the information
ah okay. i was more thinking like "informed goon" is obviously not the right result so would the wording be like "informed" or "informed vanilla" or what. but that's just my classic overthinking
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:35 am

Post by Skygazer »

setup info wrote: 13p mini normal w/ daytalk & multitasking scum
  1. town innocent child mason
  2. town roaming babysitter mason
  3. town 1-shot pt cop
  4. town 1-shot role cop
  5. town vengeful miller
  6. vanilla townie
  7. vanilla townie
  8. vanilla townie
  9. vanilla townie
  10. vanilla townie
  11. mafia 1-shot complex cop
  12. mafia 1-shot vanilla cop
  13. mafia informed goon (four players in this game have roles that start with "1-shot" and end with "cop.")
Spoiler: role PMs

player1Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Town Innocent Child Mason

Abilities

Innocent Child
- You will be confirmed as town by the moderator at the start of the game.

Mason
- You share a masonry private topic with player2, where you may communicate at any time. You know player2 to be town-aligned.

Win Condition

player2Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Town Roaming Babysitter Mason

Abilities

Roaming Babysitter
- Each night you may target a player. Assuming no interference, that player will be protected from one kill, but will die if you die that night. You may target each player only once throughout the course of this game.

Mason
- You share a masonry private topic with player1, where you may communicate at any time. You know player1 to be town aligned.

Win Condition

player3Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Town 1-Shot PT Cop

Abilities

1-Shot PT Cop
- Once in this game, at night, you may target a player. If your target belongs to a private topic, you will get a result of "{target} belongs to a private topic." If they don't, you will get a result of "{target} does not belong to a private topic." If something interferes with your action, you will get a "no result" message.

Win Condition

player4Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Town 1-Shot Role Cop

Abilities

1-Shot Role Cop
- Once in this game, at night, you may target a player. You will receive your target's role (but not alignment) in the form of "{target} is a {role}." If something interferes with your action, you will get a "no result" message.

Win Condition

player5Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Town Vengeful Miller

Abilities

Vengeful
- If you are voted to be executed during the day, you may target a player with a kill attempt during the twilight phase. The thread will be locked during this time; if you don't submit a kill after 36 hours, it will be treated as a "no kill" submission.

Miller
- If you are targeted by a Cop ability, they will receive a "guilty" result.

Win Condition

player6Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities

Vanilla

Win Condition

player7Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities

Vanilla

Win Condition

player8Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities

Vanilla

Win Condition

player9Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities

Vanilla

Win Condition

player10Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities

Vanilla

Win Condition

player11Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Mafia 1-Shot Complex Cop
. Your partners are player12 and player13.

Abilities

1-Shot Complex Cop
- Once in this game, at night, you may target a player to learn their alignment. If you target a player that is not vanilla, you will receive a result of "{target} is innocent" for town-aligned players or "{target} is guilty" for mafia-aligned players and millers. If you target a player that is vanilla, or if something interferes with your action, you will get a "no result" message.

Factional Communication

Factional Kill

Win Condition

player12Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Mafia 1-Shot Vanilla Cop
. Your partners are player11 and player13.

Abilities

1-Shot Vanilla Cop
- Once in this game, at night, you may target a player. If your target is vanilla (a Vanilla Townie or Mafia Goon), you will get a result of "{target} is vanilla." Otherwise, you will get a result of "{target} is not vanilla." If something interferes with your action, you will get a "no result" message.

Factional Communication

Factional Kill

Win Condition

player13Welcome to Mini Normal XXXX: I am sitting in a room. You are a
Mafia Informed Goon
. Your partners are player11 and player12.

Abilities

Informed
- You know that four players in this game have roles that start with "1-Shot" and end with "Cop." This information will not become public if you die.

Factional Communication

Factional Kill
- Each night, one member of your faction may attempt to kill a player.

Win Condition

Spoiler: results
dramatic innocent child reveal"{Player} is town-aligned."

twilightWe are currently experiencing an extended twilight phase... please stand by.

pt cop result"{Target} belongs to a PT."

pt cop result"{Target} does not belong to a PT."

role cop result"{Target} is a {role}."

simple cop result"{Target} is innocent."

simple cop result"{Target} is guilty."

simple cop result"No result."

vanilla cop result"{Target} is vanilla."

vanilla cop result"{Target} is not vanilla."
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:38 am

Post by Skygazer »

changelog:
- 1 shot simple cop ~> 1 shot complex cop
- changed 1 shot complex cop's results messages
i have the most queues
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:44 am

Post by Ausuka »

I think it's a valid question, a lot of these role interactions are not very intuitive

But yeah this seems like... Roughly equivalent to the 3 clears/friends and enemies style of game in terms of balance, since the pt cop's target is mostly clear, with a little extra on both sides. I think i'd be willing to pass as is

In terms of player enjoyment, the mafia might get angy if they kill a mason claim and it turns out to be a babysitter. Mafia generally tend to get angry when power roles hurt them, and a situation like this where they make the obvious play and get 'punished' without really having any way to avoid it might make it worse. I don't think it's a massive deal balance wise, and I'd still pass it as is if you want to stick to this but if you want, it might help to like, make the mason something else or make the complex cop a bit more powerful, like 2 shot or something to give the mafia 'counterplay against it'? Idk just my take
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:54 am

Post by Skygazer »

hmmm yeah the babysitter has some extra salty scum potential when combined with the vengeful

what about just making them a roaming doctor mason?
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:04 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 9, DkKoba wrote:
In post 7, Ausuka wrote: I will say that I think the chance the miller doesn't claim is low and therefore unfortunately the funny cop interaction is unlikely to happen
just invite Not Mafia into this game ez
i would love to see NM roll IC. stupid ethicality.

vengeful miller is probably the one role that could get away with not claiming miller in my eyes but yeah they still likely claim anyways
i have the most queues
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:07 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 14, Skygazer wrote: hmmm yeah the babysitter has some extra salty scum potential when combined with the vengeful

what about just making them a roaming doctor mason?
Mm yeah sure. Mafia might still be salty if they try and kill the IC n1 and fail but I feel that's within the realm of what you'd reasonably expect
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:08 am

Post by Ausuka »

I guess maybe mafia could use a *slight* power boost
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:08 am

Post by Ausuka »

since before the babysitter targeting the ic had an obvious risk to it and now that's not a thing
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:25 am

Post by Skygazer »

hmmm loyal babysitter mason?
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:25 am

Post by Skygazer »

that could feasibly get a soft guilty actually hmm
i have the most queues
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:32 am

Post by Ausuka »

1-shot combined jailkeeper vanilla cop
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:33 am

Post by Ausuka »

Wait no this isn't discord I should stop shitposting
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:40 am

Post by Skygazer »

what about making the informed mafioso a babysitter finder?

town innocent child mason
town roaming babysitter mason
town 1-shot pt cop
town 1-shot role cop
town vengeful miller
vanilla townie
vanilla townie
vanilla townie
vanilla townie
vanilla townie
mafia 1-shot complex cop
mafia 1-shot vanilla cop
mafia informed babysitter-finder (four players in this game have roles that start with "1-shot" and end with "cop.")
i have the most queues
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:41 am

Post by Ausuka »

Lmao sure that works

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”