Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:11 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

VoteCount 5.1

Save The Dragons [ 1 ]
bob3141

Not Voting [ 4 ]

geraintm, the worst, save the dragons, curiouskarmadog

With 5 alive it takes 3 votes to be executed.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2023-08-13 15:45:31)
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:19 pm

Post by bob3141 »

In post 2272, the worst wrote: bob, i'm going to need your solve.
these posts aren't helping.

^ with sloppy grammar, sorry, most of my posts are written in a frenzy!
My solve is dragon.

Gerain just reminds me of games ive played with him and his unwillingness to execute matchs with his stubbornness as town. I remember a game were town has heading face first into no execution i he wouldnt vote leading to the town player getting killed instead. If gerain was scum and dragon town i would expect gerain to have hammered or voted him last day.

Curios just looks town as greetings and furt picked him for there vanity vote day 1. If he was scum i would expect them to be split and not 2 of the 3 votes there end of day 1

im me so i know im town

And worst your mason thus town.

To finish off, Dragon should of been town reading HEM if he was town as those actions he was using to make a case were teh very same actions that HEM did in his last town game
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:00 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

most likely STD is scum, we LIM him and are done.

where I dont want to be is 1v2 with Bob and gera.

THAT is why I want Gera to post SOME kind of content today. I have some outside of this game reasons to be suspicious of Gera. I know that doesnt help at all, but it is there none the less.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:06 am

putting this out there again
In post 2254, curiouskarmadog wrote:
also for WHOEVER, is it possible the role Bob is claiming be a mafia role?
I have no experience with a X-Finder. has anyone seen mafia have a Mason Finder before? So far no mafia PR has flipped.

would it be balanced to have 3 masons vs 1 mason finder?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:37 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 2276, bob3141 wrote: To finish off, Dragon should of been town reading HEM if he was town as those actions he was using to make a case were teh very same actions that HEM did in his last town game
HEM did not 1v1 town then hide the next day so i'm hard pressed to believe this, this seems like a lie to me
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:42 am

STD, who was this post too?
it was to town to point out my behavior doesn't make sense as scum.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:45 am

In post 2280, Save The Dragons wrote:
so who is scum and why arent you trying to find them?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:49 am

Post by the worst »

i have made my decision, just waiting on gera
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:54 am

Post by the worst »

In post 2278, curiouskarmadog wrote: putting this out there again
also for WHOEVER, is it possible the role Bob is claiming be a mafia role?
I have no experience with a X-Finder. has anyone seen mafia have a Mason Finder before? So far no mafia PR has flipped.

would it be balanced to have 3 masons vs 1 mason finder?
ckd, i did a write-up on my immediate thoughts about the balance of that. i'm not, like, a setup wizard (and am definitely not wise in the ways of the normal), just some thoughts.
In post 2131, the worst wrote: generally considered to be balanced
one thing i'll add is that a mason for either alignment is slightly +swing, it's decent utility for scum, mixed utility for town. so while i can see it as an approvable scum role, it also makes a lot of sense as a town role.

Spoiler: inside duck brain
at this point, low-key i think it's slightly more likely to be town?

if any part of this writeup isn't making sense, let me know and i can rewrite/expand.
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:54 am

Post by the worst »

In post 2277, curiouskarmadog wrote: where I dont want to be is 1v2 with Bob and gera.
Yeah. I'm very mindful of that.

If we don't flip Dragons today, he's absolutely going to be the lim in f3. Just had too much heat for too long, we wouldn't consider anyone else over him.
--
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:55 am

In post 2281, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 2280, Save The Dragons wrote:
so who is scum and why arent you trying to find them?
What do you mean I'm fucking busy
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:56 am

Hem was my solve that was it

I was wrong

I think Bob is sketchy but I would like to sit down and find out if Bob is the answer or if I think someone is worse
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:02 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2286, Save The Dragons wrote: Hem was my solve that was it

I was wrong

I think Bob is sketchy but I would like to sit down and find out if Bob is the answer or if I think someone is worse
you're pretty likely to be flipped today, i don't think leaving you alive until f3 is feasible. would just appreciate your fresh perspective on that [bob, gera, ckd] f3 when you have the time; busyness is valid
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:02 pm

Post by the worst »

hem was my solve too :sob:
--
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:03 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Geraintm has been prodded.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:34 pm

Post by the worst »

we all agree I have the right to be wildly inconsistent right
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:43 pm

Post by the worst »

... i tried kicking back it didn't help i've been drafting this post the whole phase ;(

dragons probably has to die for this game to be at rest and hey, he could be scum. he is not going for a passive win, i think if he's scum he hoped that his 1v1 with HEM would last longer. i think i need more insight from him he just feels checked out.

bob just feels like a puppy i feel weird about having a default null read there. every time i read emperor's iso i like it, every time i'm outside of emperor's iso i can't remember a damn thing he said. for bob's part, he's just been there. like he's doing vca and mechanical solving and making noises which i'd townread if we weren't just at the end of the game. he is trying, but he's also just kind of passive.

i've been townreading gera really hard bc he broke character to case furtive and the more i reflect on that the more i wonder if i just kind of like, want gera to be town because it makes solving easier. this is kind of all i've got.

ckd i'm settling on as town. i've reevaluated this read so many times because i'm very innately paranoid of scum theatre. i just don't think this is it. in the most fundamental way, i just don't think flipped scum have cared about ckd. on d1 he was an easy votepark, and someone they didn't really like, bother having opinions about. following his catchup it's kinda just felt like they've stayed out of his way. greeting + furtive's handling of ckd d1 doesn't feel like they're interacting with their third scum. if ckd is carrying the team exclusively through theatre at two scumbuddies who are just deadass ignoring him then i just don't think i'm going to solve this accurately. i'm sort of settling on this read.

i'm kind of settling on
{ckd}
{bob (up), gera (down)}
{dragons}

and dragons is just kinda floating to the bottom because i feel nothingish about his slot

i haven't really been sure how to evaluate the bob/gera duo. i townread gera, hate meta and need to get out of this groove, so i've been reading old gera games to try and get a sense of his scum meta. he considers himself very easy to read.

looked at
mini normal 2257 (january 2022, scum power role) - this was the baseline i used for his scumgame and i think it's a good illustration of his meta, like, i hope
mini normal 2267 (march 2022, town cop) - i found this one really illustrative
mini normal 2272 (may 2022, novice detective) - fine
mini normal 2273 (june 2022, scum roleblocker) - interesting interactions with scumbuddy elsa, otherwise a bit middling
large normal 240 (july 2022, scum power role) - this is his most meta-deviant scumgame i read
mini normal 2285 (november 2022, vanilla townie) - ctrl+f3 "pooky" and "skitter" (both scum) in gera's iso for an idea of the furthest pole of his towngame. he was eliminated on d1 so i don't think his d1 hatred counts for much.
mini normal 2288 (january 2023, town power role) - most meta-deviant towngame
mini normal 2294 (march 2023, scum power role) - fine
mini normal 2300 (april 2023, vanilla townie) - also found this really illustrative
mini normal 2302 (may 2023, town friendly neighbour)

town!gera is sassy and like, discontented, but also conversational and honestly surprisingly interesting, in a vacuum. he feels like some grizzled retired marine stereotype. he doesn't enjoy d1 and doesn't feel the need to play the way people want him to. but he *is* engaged. i stole a a quote of his about his towngame below which i found salient. his d1 reads actually tend to be somewhat better than random, and he tends to get into fights with scum quite often. he is usually very stubborn about his reads. it's not unheard of for him to compromise, but generally when he does, he does so asking that he later gets his way.
In post 1135, geraintm wrote: why is it weird? i do try and contribute snark Day 1, and i had time this morning to read and reply to a few bits.
he has reads that are interesting. he prefers mechanical play, but he's observably not above "we should flip this person for x reason" reads; he is not above considering other players' motivations. the opposite there - as town he has a strong tendency to do early vca (often d2) and evaluate people's motivations behind d1 votes. his reads tend to be better than random (especially scumreads), even on d1. town!gera has a tendency to snark and sass players for doing things which he disagrees with or doesn't understand - even though honestly, most of the time those things are just like, epically normal things people do in forum mafia games. he also doesn't really push people for these things. he's glacial with his votes.

he's able to be resigned when he's pushed incorrectly, but he's also very capable of introspection and engagement. i loved this bit from mini normal 2267 when he got some shade d2 (he was a town cop, sorry this was from march 2022 he doesn't play a like TONNE of games): "I have no idea what people expect from me. I said I'll be better day 2, and I tried." like, his towngame absolutely involves a level of trying. it's easy to look at gerain's game and be like "ah, a man who gives no fucks". but every time i read a game knowing he's town, i find it hard to believe in practice that he doesn't care. either he's putting in a little bit of effort and has deceptively strong intuition, or he's lowkey reading the game quite closely & thinking about it quite a bit. there is an observable astuteness.

scum!gera feels kind of directionless? like he's imitating his towngame and kinda looking for things to do. he'll sometimes clap back at things he finds weird & idiosyncratic, but he's much more likely to align himself to mechanical play. he complains about day one being boring ad nauseam. like, it's his entire basis for conversation. i haven't really found examples of him impactfully starting anything d1 he kind of just laments. he does not get into fights with scum - he takes a long time to acknowledge his scumbuddies. he doesn't seem above bussing, but he seems to strongly prefer distancing. he is quick to suss his scumbuddies, but very hesitant to vote them. if he does bus, he tends to case them, wait, drop a vote, without engaging (vs. town!gera who has a high tendency to articulate his scumreads and pick fights with them).

his reads as scum have a very different basis. he seems to veer back into that snark area, he is looking for reasons to clap back at players, but the way he follows through is different - he's much quicker to vote players for things he perceives as naughty. he's also much more liable to clamp down on things which look bad, rather than things which i actually really think gera's unique mind thinks are bad. he seems to have a hard time replicating his vca style. he can do vca (obviously) and find reasons to look at things, but he can't make himself look like he's looking for actual motivations behind votes. he is quick to abandon reads; he is able to pick up old reads later, but he can't emulate his stubbornness. there is a lack of those nuanced "we should do x because it'll be interesting to see y" reads.

when pressed, scum!gera seems to have a higher tendency to default to a generic "I'm limbait" situation. my favourite reaction from scum!him was being tripped up by a town fakeclaim gambit in mini normal 2257 (again, from jan 2022, i'm sorry, he doesn't play that much): "You come out with you have a guilty on someone, and I believe you (because I always believe claims - go and check my past games if you don't accept that) and now people are scum reading me because I followed you?" -- there isn't introspection here. it's a manipulative tendency to find objective reasons to poke holes in his pusher's reasoning, rather than explain why from his POV the reasoning is wrong.

scum!gera is a lot closer to our man who gives no fucks basically.

he does have a tendency to joke about being scum as scum (which i recognised from this game tbh). also his self-meta seems to be either very very accessible or absolutely confounding, seemingly without a pattern. :p

i'll go over his iso & relationships with flipped scum and see if this like, helps. honestly having written it out i don't actually like gera all that much anymore. i am going to drive 11th hour mislims on every town player i promise.
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:59 pm

Post by the worst »

i wish i'd spent more time on gera and less time on hem yesterday because if i've got his meta then he's clearly scum in this game.

i need to do this iso thing later so i don't just tunnel again. i want to vote gera symbolically of my REBELLION but i do think dragons is a better default elim today and i'm wary of rocking the boat and just sending the game into a [bob, dragons, ckd] f3 where nothing happens and dragons just dies anyway
--
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:17 am

in regards to Gera I think the disinterest is a null. that being said, in this game, his scum buddies both jumped ship, if the team was greetings, fur, and gera, I feel like that mafia thread was quite boring. I have other reasons to to suspect Gera, but cant discuss them until the game is over. I guess we will have to see what the prod of Gera does.

I am still going back to that first lim, I dont think I recall ever seeing a game this size that DIDNT have scum on the first lom/wagon. Could have happened, since it doesnt appear that any scum had ANY pressure D1, but I just doubt it.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:59 am

Post by geraintm »

Quick post to explain my levels in this game.

I knew my roll meant I was nit going to be very much use to town, but I hoped at some point to get killed at night for some reason though unlikely, scum never want to kill me.

The success we had getting scum made my motivation to find scum dampen a bit, because it seemed like the good players in the game were doing well and I kinda assumed that as scum had to plow through masons, whatever other rolls town had outside that would narrow scum down into a tiny tiny pool and the game would be solved.

Not there though. :(
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:01 am

Post by geraintm »

Just realised of the 5 players left, only 2 of us started the game
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:46 am

Post by geraintm »

So, day 1 Bob wasn't on a green vote, the other 3 were on roden

Day 2, Bob didn't vote, everyone else was on scum

Day 3, Bob and the wlrst were on scum, the rest of us not voting

Day 4, me, the worst and save the dragon were on HEM who was town, Bob was on STd and curious was not voting.

Thoughts

Bob was not voting either the 1st 2 days, then voted scum Day 3 and STD Day 4.
Could be scum who bussed Bingle Day 3 and couldn't end up anywhere else

The worst is.mason (right, that claim.is still true?) So never voting there

Std and curious Karma have very similar voting records...but I have this long standing view that STd isn't scum because of how Snivy went down. Need to recheck that
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:07 am

Post by geraintm »

I made some notes about the 3 players ,going to write them up now

CURIOUS

1863 - picks clidd over std
Really wants a full claim from Bob
(Makes me think they and Bob are not aligned together)
They are really pushing at std
- but I don't see any evidence to back up their std read
2278 - throw s mud at bobs claim

Overall thought

They seem happy keeping me in thr game (I'm no threat)
But giving outs to vote me
Want to vote Std
Putting pressure on Bob
Basically, they can justify voting everyone left in thr game

Feels standoffish from the game, letting it happen around them
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:11 am

Post by geraintm »

Bob

Thoughts before I go through their posts: mafia have been picking off masons, but they have left thr town player with a claimed investigative roll alive, they feel very safe they are not going to get caught by them.

2056 - vote std
2058 - certain me and curious are town
(This leaves only std to vote for)
2060 - Bob knows me
203 - someone clever than me let me know if some masons, a mason finder and scum is balanced and fair
It seems a dull game, and I don't really understand the use of a mason finder to town

2156 - I don't understand why it imples a 3 mason team

They seem very sure it is Std, not looking anywhere else.
Wonder what they will do if Std comes up town and tomorrow is Bob, me and curious
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:12 am

Post by geraintm »

Save the dragon

1663 - this is the vote on snivvy that I am giving a ton of credit for. I'm notnsure why no one else looks at this the same way and comes to the same.concluesion

They cost through dayb3 with nothing memorable at all
2054 vote HEM

And I have no noted after this, I can't work out from the vote on HEM what they want to do

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”