Micro 1086 | The One I Cannot Kill | Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
heipizhu4
heipizhu4
he
Goon
heipizhu4
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Micro 1086 | The One I Cannot Kill | Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:16 am

Post by heipizhu4 »

Micro 1086 - The One I Cannot Kill

Moderator: heipizhu

Player List:
  1. Klick
  2. biancospino*
  3. Doctor Drew
note: asterisks denote number of prods
Last edited by heipizhu4 on Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
heipizhu4
heipizhu4
he
Goon
heipizhu4
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:21 am

Post by heipizhu4 »

Rules

Inspired by
Steal from Equinox's, Glork's and Ether's rulesets.

important bit
  • The deadline is 7 days
  • Majority eliminations
  • 36 hours before prod, 24 hours before replacement, 24 hour weekends
  • Bah posts allowed (limit: 1, free of game related content)
  • I have some unusual rules about animated GIFs, tiny text, and prodging. Scroll down for details.
  • Don’t be a dick

1. Follow all site rules.

2. Mod colour
    – My mod colour is
    #8CE600
    ; don't use it.
  3. Behaviour
    - Don’t be a dick. This is a heated game but toxicity will not be tolerated. Attack the play not the player. If your fellow players tell you to stop, you must stop. If you do not stop, I will tell you to stop. If you still do not stop, you will be force-replaced. Asking people to stop voting you or to stop scumhunting you entirely doesn't count for this rule and you may find yourself eliminated if you try it.
  4. Don't talk about ongoing games
    - You may not talk to each other about this game outside of threads I have created for this purpose. You may not talk about other ongoing games in this thread.
  5. Animated GIFs
    - are of the devil, but they are permitted behind spoilers if clearly labelled as such.
  6. Tiny text
    - is also of the devil, keep it 70+ please.
  7. Provable randomness
    - is against the rules. Saying that you rolled a dice is fine, using dice tags or random.org is not.
  8. Claiming scum
    - by yourself is fine. Claiming scum with another player is against the rules.
  9. Cryptography
    - is forbidden. Breadcrumbing is okay.
  10. Confirmation
    - You have about 72 hours to confirm your role and your alignment by PM. Game will start sooner if everyone confirms. Posting in a private topic counts as confirmation.
  11. Days
    - Day 1 lasts 10 days and other days last 7 days. Extensions may be granted if there are replacements, or if the majority of players make it clear to me that an extension is desired.
  12. Activity
    - You must post at least once every 36 hours or I will Prod you. You then have 24 hours to post in the game thread or I will replace you. If you come back before I find a replacement, you can stay. The activity timers run at half-speed on weekends. Players can request me to prod somebody early. This will only count as an official prod if you don't post before you would have been due for a prod. If you haven't posted in the 24 hours before the thread is locked for night, you must reply to the night start PM or you will be replaced during the night.
  13. Vacation/Limited Access
    If you need to be absent for longer than this, you should declare
    V/LA
    in bold in the thread like this: [
    b]
    @Mod: I will be v/la until Thursday
    [
    /b]. While you are V/LA, you will be nudged once every 54 hours. Two nudges equals one prod. If you have not posted game advancing content in 5 days, regardless of V/LA status, you will be replaced.
  14. Prodging
    - A naked "prod dodge" does not reset the prod timer. To avoid being prodded/replaced for inactivity, include some game advancing content in your prodges, such as "got prodded; xxxx is still scum."
  15. Quoting
    - You may not quote (or copy paste) any private information into the thread, including your role PM and any mod communication.
  16. Voting
    - Votes must be in bold in the format VOTE: heipizhu4 or
    Vote: heipizhu4
    . Strong preference for using vote tags instead of bold tags. Unvotes are nice but not required. If I think it’s a vote, it’s a vote, no tricks. Type [
    v]heipizhu4[
    /v] to vote and [
    uv]heipizhu4[
    /uv] to unvote.
  17. Elimination
    - Days end early when a simple majority of players (50% of living players + 1 rounded down) vote to eliminate somebody. If a majority is not reached at deadline or if a majority of the players vote for no elimination, the day will end without an elimination. At evens, 50% is sufficient for no elimination.
  18. Twilight
    - Begins when a majority is reached and lasts until I lock the thread. You're still alive until I flip you so you can talk in any game threads you have access to until then, but no votes or unvotes will be counted.
  19. Night
    - Night lasts at least 48 hours. The night phase can be shortened if every living player -- even those with no night actions -- agrees to it and if I'm not busy.
  20. Notes PT
    - Let me know if you want a private thread to store your thoughts and feedback for the other players. This thread will be made public immediately after the game. You may draft posts in your notes PT but you may not talk about your notes PT in public. You definitely may not use the notes PT to demonstrate that you've had a town mindset in private all along; just put your town mindset in public to begin with and keep your notes to yourself.
  21. Play to win
    - this particular game, not some future one, and keep it fun!
heipizhu4
heipizhu4
he
Goon
heipizhu4
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:24 am

Post by heipizhu4 »

Setups

The setup link:
  • There are 2 vts and 1 mafia semi-priest.
  • The game only lasts a single day; town win if Mafia is eliminated (or modkilled), Mafia wins otherwise.
  • The Semi-Priest cannot hammer a randomly chosen townie. Attempting to do so automatically causes them to lose. (This restriction is on hammers only; non-hammer votes are fine, as are hammers on the other townie.)
Spoiler: Sample pms

PLAYER NAMEWelcome to Micro 1086: The One I Cannot Kill. You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have your voice, and you have a vote, but you have no night actions.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Please confirm by replying to this PM with your alignment.

PLAYER NAME
PLAYER NAMEWelcome to Micro 1086: The One I Cannot Kill. You are a
Mafia Semi-Priest

You must not attempt to cast deciding votes that eliminate player.

You have no active abilities.

You win if you are not eliminated on Day 1.

Confirm by replying to this PM with your alignment.
heipizhu4
heipizhu4
he
Goon
heipizhu4
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:37 am

Post by heipizhu4 »

All pms have been sent. The game will start after everyone confirms.
heipizhu4
heipizhu4
he
Goon
heipizhu4
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:11 pm

Post by heipizhu4 »

The game has started. It is now Day 1.
heipizhu4
heipizhu4
he
Goon
heipizhu4
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:45 pm

Post by heipizhu4 »

Spoiler: A long wall of flavor if you are interested
In the not-so-distant future, the world is gripped by a secret government experiment known as "Project: Cerebrum." Hidden beneath the façade of a seemingly ordinary town lies a clandestine facility where cutting-edge technology is utilized to manipulate the human mind.

Unbeknownst to the residents, a select group of individuals has been chosen as unwitting subjects in this mind control experiment. Among them are the Vanilla Townies, ordinary townsfolk who possess no knowledge of their hidden potential, and the mysterious Semi-Priest, a unique individual with heightened psychic abilities.

The facility is a maze of corridors, laboratories, and observation rooms, where scientists monitor the subjects' every move. The Semi-Priest, equipped with extraordinary psychic powers, was brought in to serve as a control element in the experiment. Their mission is to uncover the truth behind Project: Cerebrum and expose the hidden puppet masters orchestrating the mind control.

However, there is a catch. The Semi-Priest's psychic abilities come with a limitation. They are forbidden from directly causing harm to one of the innocent Vanilla Townies. If they attempt to do so, even inadvertently, they risk losing their psychic connection and being defeated by the experiment.

As day breaks, the townspeople, unaware of their manipulated state, gather in the town square, discussing their strange dreams and unexplained actions. The Semi-Priest, using their psychic intuition, attempts to navigate the web of deceit and control, carefully observing the townspeople's behavior and interactions.

Suspicions rise as the townspeople begin to question one another's motives. The Semi-Priest, with their unique insight, can cast their votes against any player, including those believed to be under the influence of mind control. However, when it comes to executing a final vote on a townsperson, they must ensure it is not an innocent bystander. Failing to do so would jeopardize their psychic connection and hand victory to the experiment's puppet masters.

As the days progress, tension mounts within the town. The Semi-Priest must employ their psychic abilities to uncover the true agents of mind control while protecting the innocent Vanilla Townies from harm. The experiment's puppet masters, hidden in the shadows, manipulate the town for their own nefarious purposes, knowing that if the Semi-Priest fails, their control over the minds of the townspeople will be complete.

Welcome to Project: Cerebrum, where the battle for control over the mind unfolds. Trust your instincts, uncover the truth, and outwit the puppet masters to break free from their grip. The fate of the town depends on you. Good luck!

Votecount 1.0

Not Voting (3): (3 players)

With 3 players alive, it takes 2 votes to secure an elimination.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2023-07-08 08:00:00).
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:49 pm

Post by biancospino »

Sould the dances be opened?

We obviously skip RVS here so I'm not sure how we should start
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:21 pm

Post by Klick »

We should probably massclaim

Claim: Vanilla Townie
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:23 pm

Post by biancospino »

Claim: Goon
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:24 pm

Post by biancospino »

oh shit, I meant
Vanilla Townie
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:51 pm

Post by Klick »

Hmmm

My magical 3p game gut pings are telling me you're the scum
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:59 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Hard claim death proof SK
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:06 am

Post by Klick »

In post 9, biancospino wrote:
Claim: Goon
I think the idea behind this was to explicitly claim a scum role that isn't the scum role in this game to make us think he doesn't have the scum Role PM
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:34 am

Post by biancospino »

The timing on this is all off.
I don't believe it took you 8 hours to realize this was the reason for your alledgedly
gut
read in
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:02 am

Post by Klick »

That is correct. I realised it pretty quickly after that post. But I wanted Drew to come on and post something before getting into it.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:03 am

Post by Klick »

I'm assuming there was an amount of intention on your part if you think that's an obvious enough conclusion?
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:17 am

Post by biancospino »

The reasoning you did offer is quite linear. As long as you start assuming that did likely come from scum, even if it was actually on gut which I don't believe, surely it wouldn't take any effort at all to notice how it contradicts the setup and to produce a reasonable-sounding explanation for why that's scummy.

Gotta love the charged question thou. You do understand that it's not possible for me to both have held that (1) yours is an obvious conclusion, and (2) I did that with any amount of intention, right? Because, as it turns out, nobody save maybe a Jester may intend to induce the obvious conclusion that they're scum
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:41 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

I really feel like Klick is reaching here.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:30 am

Post by Klick »

In post 17, biancospino wrote: The reasoning you did offer is quite linear. As long as you start assuming that did likely come from scum, even if it was actually on gut which I don't believe, surely it wouldn't take any effort at all to notice how it contradicts the setup and to produce a reasonable-sounding explanation for why that's scummy.

Gotta love the charged question thou. You do understand that it's not possible for me to both have held that (1) yours is an obvious conclusion, and (2) I did that with any amount of intention, right? Because, as it turns out, nobody save maybe a Jester may intend to induce the obvious conclusion that they're scum
It would take *some effort*. More effort than I devoted early this morning when I initially thought your post was scummy.

There's more to why it looks bad to me than just 'you claimed the wrong role and I think it was on purpose'. It's the delivery. The way you posted it looks fake to me. I could see myself as scum awkwardly deciding to come into the thread making that kind of post.
In post 18, Doctor Drew wrote: I really feel like Klick is reaching here.
Is reaching scummy in this gamestate?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:29 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

But Klick, I get the feeling, especially since you said you were waiting for me to join before you said anything, that you thought it would be easier to turn me against Bianco then Bianco against me.

Bianco claiming goon, yes can be from scum Bianco, but is NAI to me.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:00 am

Post by Klick »

I wanted engagement and content
I also wanted to see your choice of introduction before making it too easy for you to make a good one

I don't see a good reason for you to assume me waiting for you to arrive = 'Klick!scum thinks I'm more likely to be swayed than bianco'
I think that's an assumption you brought to the table outside of this scenario
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:01 am

Post by Klick »

In post 21, Klick wrote:I don't see a good reason for you to assume me waiting for you to arrive = 'Klick!scum thinks I'm more likely to be swayed than bianco'
To clarify: I don't see a reason for you to assume this over any other given reason for me waiting for you to arrive
Unless you just can't think of any other reasons I'd want that
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:58 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

But it isn't like I offered any real sort of content or was making a bunch of posts, so I can't really see any reason you waited for me.

I don't get why you wouldn't have just said it when you supposedly thought of it, fills performative in a way that was directed at me.

I mean, you didn't even ask my opinion one way or another once I did post.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:33 am

Post by Klick »

What you choose to post is informative even if it doesn't have substance

I'm more interested in what people choose to do than I am in actively directing the gamestate
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:35 am

Post by Klick »

Like you have quite a bit of focus on 'what Klick is doing feels performative and like reaching'

I'll again ask if these are things you expect from scum and not town in this sort of scenario

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”