Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3800 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:19 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 3795, Korina wrote: Something else I can finally answer:

Why couldn’t I answer if masons could be culted? It opened more opportunities for CCS if I never confirmed it, and meant that I never explicitly had to answer anything about the cult, because with a cult, there are a lot of variations of cult leader I could be running. Also it’s really funny to watch people try to guess what I’d allow with a cult in my game LOL.
So WERE we recruitable?
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3801 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:19 am

Post by Rautherdir »

My signature remains apt this game, yay. Even if this time I was town with a vig shot.
Alt of Theta Alpine
"Night Kills are a form of cult cop"
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3802 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:21 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Oh also I was SO close to shooting Snivy N1, should have followed that instinct.

Changed to CSF out of paranoia literally like an hour before deadline.

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3803 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:21 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Lol good thing Drew was town
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #3804 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:06 am

Post by Korina »

In post 3800, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 3795, Korina wrote: Something else I can finally answer:

Why couldn’t I answer if masons could be culted? It opened more opportunities for CCS if I never confirmed it, and meant that I never explicitly had to answer anything about the cult, because with a cult, there are a lot of variations of cult leader I could be running. Also it’s really funny to watch people try to guess what I’d allow with a cult in my game LOL.
So WERE we recruitable?
Oh 100%. I’d never start with scum in a masonry, but I’d 100% let a mason get culted, especially since the CL let you retain all your abilities. If it was a normal CL who vanillaizes you, no.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #3805 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:15 am

Post by Korina »

For the sake of finding redactions, please PM me if you want any done or not <3
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3806 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:21 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

Making this post to recognize a milestone. I think this is marks the first game I've produced a correct read on Mafiascum?
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3807 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:34 am

Post by Rautherdir »

I think... most of my reads were correct? If sometimes for the wrong reason. Wheme I was wrong on but I did backpedal on that one before the end. Titus I didn't suspect before they died, Kiri I didn't suspect before they got guiltied... Ircher and Snivy I correctly placed as scum, and I did mostly place everyone else as town. I did place dragoneater as town but they were being claimed as mason so I wasn't gonna get that one correct until the end. Where I did say it was between them and Sheep (and me) so.
Alt of Theta Alpine
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3808 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:59 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 3797, Radical Rat wrote: I totally get the frustration, but there was never any game throw potential. If the plan for him to eat the kill happened, the situation would have resolved itself, but even if that didn't happen, I was never going to let the mason claim last in the Nightmare, which I would have insisted I be present for.

I am kinda kicking myself for not catching Abnegation earlier though
There is no way that scum would target Dragoneater the absentee for a nightkill, over any of the many other confirmed Town. There was no benefit to it and huge potential risk.

Any plan that relies on you being alive later to tell people something you said earlier was false is inherently unreliable, especially in a game like this. What if mafia had the hammerer ability again, or a dayvig? You say someone is your mason partner and soon boom! You're not around anymore to dispute it and DE70 is confTown to endgame. The assumption that masons were immune to cult was just a hope, not anything to count on (and Korina's non-answer on that topic was a hint to not disregard the threat). I was racking my brains for ways he could possibly have convinced you guys he was definitely town and thus made you willing to confirm him like this and couldn't come up with any. If he'd Friendly Neighbored one of you he'd be confirmed town, but only at the moment he sent the action, he could be recruited to cult that very same night since a recruit action would process after the FN. And how the hell would he feel confident enough to just announce he's mason without communication with you? A Neighborize seemed more likely since there seemed to be some sort of line of communication between him and you but that obviously doesn't say anything about his alignment, unless it was like a Loyal Announcing Neighborizer that announced the modifier as well (which is not the normal functionality) and again, still cultable. If he had some invention he could use to confirm himself like being given mason there was no source for it since Flea had claimed targeting others, and even if it somehow came from an unclaimed source there was no reason to lie that he was there all along. I literally felt like I was going crazy, so thoroughly were the things I knew to be false being supported by people who I knew
were
on my team.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3809 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:16 pm

Post by Ranger »

Spoiler: full list;
In post 67, Ranger wrote:
D
octor
R
anger here.
E
xpect a
W
in.
Kyoko caught the 'Doctor' half here. I'm surprised nobody noticed the capitalization spelled out D R E W. This was layered 'crumb meant to say Doctor Drew.

was obvious.
In post 97, Ranger wrote:No promises. :P
I
Drew
what I want to.
I remembered Doctor Drew's use of his power in the previous game being fairly impulsive, so this was me saying I'd be using a shot impulsively.
In post 454, Ranger wrote:
In post 150, Morning Tweet wrote:Ranger is automatically scum for putting STD at the bottom then switching him to the top when he asked nicely
Hey, I
Drew
what I want to.
STD asked, and I wanted to honor his request!
This was setup. If someone asked me for the right favor, I was planning to grant their request by using my power on them.
In post 559, Ranger wrote:
In post 479, Doctor Drew wrote:I hope you are going to pay me royalties for using my likeness.
What kind of payment do you want?
In post 598, Ranger wrote:
In post 564, Doctor Drew wrote:Honestly just once want to be at the top of your list, even just once.
Payment accepted.
By pure coincidence, the person asking me for the right favor was Doctor Drew. I decided the payment for using Doctor Drew's likeness would be forcefully adding him. When I said 'payment accepted', it meant, "I have used my power on you".
In post 604, Ranger wrote:
In post 592, Abnegation wrote:
In post 591, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 590, Abnegation wrote:
In post 571, Rautherdir wrote:Half+1 of everyone I think have Doctor Drew included in a proposal right now, so....
We don't want to put everyone in but uh.... Well, I guess we have one person already confirmed in now, so.
i only counted 8, majority is 10.
i don't think that's even how the voting system works. i'm pretty sure what korina said was that you get confirmed to be in the nightmare by being in a proposal (not multiple proposals) that reaches majority.
my impression of it was that someone put doctor drew in there via day ability. idk if i like that.
I'm waiting on the VCs to know for sure, but if this is the case I want Drew dead.
i did also get the feeling that this is a scummy ability if that's what it is.
my count was looking at the last vc and then counting any hurt tags for proposals containing drew before the point that he was confirmed, which was none if i counted right. official vcs would be good though.
In post 639, Korina wrote:
Morning Tweet has been forcibly confirmed to Run The Nightmare tonight! VC to reflect this, and a normal VC later tonight.

Any additional votes cast on MT will not count, and any unvotes for MT will not count.
In post 560, Korina wrote:This is a mod announcement Doctor Drew has been confirmed to Run The Nightmare™️ tonight. All future proposals do not need to include Doctor Drew, and will automatically include him.

All current proposals will be amended to include Doctor Drew when I’m done with work.
It's definitely the same ability.
In post 611, Ranger wrote:
In post 606, Merlyn wrote:Is there any significance to the fact that MT's says 'forcibly confirmed' and Drew's doesn't?
I'd assume the slight differences in the nightmare mechanic.
How would I know it's exactly the same ability unless it were my own? The speed of my response should've also been a clue I was dialed in.
In post 835, Ranger wrote:
In post 799, Morning Tweet wrote:Why did you italicize this? i saved this as a crumb
To emphasize the pun.

Whatever I
Drew
, I'd
Drew
it again. Bad puns included.
This was both me saying "I have no regrets", as well as specifying I had another shot.
In post 849, Ranger wrote:
In post 848, usesPython wrote:It's literally the only persons name she's punned all game
Yes, I went into this game deciding to make Doctor Drew puns. Just 'cuz.
This was true, but I left out the reason why I decided to make them just 'cuz, which was having his role from the previous game.
In post 856, Ranger wrote:I'll say I decided to have some fun, and Doctor Drew puns are fun. Do they mean more? Who's to say?
Here I laid out the reason for selecting Doctor Drew: it was fun.
In post 965, Ranger wrote:I like to have fun. Doctor Drew puns were having fun.
This was true, yet also applied to usage of the role.

hinted at my being responsible, as the reason Doctor Drew being forcibly confirmed didn't impact my read at all is because I was the one who forcibly confirmed him.
In post 1075, Ranger wrote:I decided to have fun with a minor Doctor Drew emphasis. Just 'cuz.

I've already shared more than I intended by stating I've no ties to Doctor Drew. I've stated my puns were for fun and I've no ties to Doctor Drew.
This was more hinting I used the role for fun.
In post 1086, Ranger wrote:I've no skill relating to Doctor Drew
this game
In post 1097, Ranger wrote:I've said I have nothing in my role PM relating to Doctor Drew
this game
is all you get.
I'm surprised nobody picked up the importance of 'this game'. I added that because I did have something relating to Doctor Drew, from
last
game. Because it was his role.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #3810 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:22 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 3742, Radical Rat wrote:Damn it, you did put Drew in the Nightmare didn't you?
Guilty. :P

Ever since you made this post,
In post 680, Radical Rat wrote:if it WAS Town that did it, they'd better have a damn good excuse.
I had my full plan.

I was going to fakeclaim IC, wait for you specifically to ask me to reveal, use my second shot to forcibly add myself to the nightmare, and then quote , answering what my "damn good reason" was.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #3811 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:27 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 3752, DragonEater70 wrote:Also why did you lie?
Why not? Lying's fun.
In post 3793, Doctor Drew wrote:Ranger, why did you put me in the Nightmare?
As I was going to assure Radical Rat, I had the best reason of all for putting you in then fakeclaiming:

It was funny.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3812 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:35 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 3811, Ranger wrote:
In post 3752, DragonEater70 wrote:Also why did you lie?
Why not? Lying's fun.
In post 3793, Doctor Drew wrote:Ranger, why did you put me in the Nightmare?
As I was going to assure Radical Rat, I had the best reason of all for putting you in then fakeclaiming:

It was funny.
Lol, second game in a row you lied as town.....this time worked out a bit better.

Also, I like this trolling Ranger. And I guess you telegraphed everything with the Drew what you want talk.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #3813 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:35 pm

Post by Ranger »

Essentially, I figured with the change to the nightmare mechanic this game, my power was useless. Since I figured there was no +town usage of it, I decided to have fun. I breadcrumbed having the role by Doctor Drew puns as it was his role last game.

At the time I used it, the leading proposal was everyone in the nightmare; I figured if everyone was going in, my power wouldn't change anything. By total coincidence, I decided to impulsively use it on Doctor Drew, because he asked for payment and I decided to give it. I figured I could get away with it, by merit of my play revealing my alignment. Confident in my play being +town, I assumed my fakeclaim would be harmless, so I decided to get creative and have fun.

I knew when I revealed I would likely eat a mislim despite my play, yet was willing to pay the price, because the payoff would've been #worth.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3814 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:38 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Oh, and I will consider all royalties paid for putting me in the Nightmare.

Sometimes, I guess, all you gotta do is ask lol.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #3815 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:40 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 3812, Doctor Drew wrote:Lol, second game in a row you lied as town.....this time worked out a bit better.

Also, I like this trolling Ranger.
I lie whenever I feel it's not detrimental and I've the inspiration. (I can only lie if I have an idea of what I want to claim as a lie, I don't always have a muse providing this service.) This is actually my fifth game in a row lying, although one was a fairly tame transparent gambit. I'm actually planning on running a game called "Roles Ranger has fakeclaimed", which would apply artistic liberties to my fakeclaims. Those five games have enough material to fit a mini, because each fakeclaim can be used to create 2-5 different roles.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3816 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:47 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 3815, Ranger wrote:
In post 3812, Doctor Drew wrote:Lol, second game in a row you lied as town.....this time worked out a bit better.

Also, I like this trolling Ranger.
I lie whenever I feel it's not detrimental and I've the inspiration. (I can only lie if I have an idea of what I want to claim as a lie, I don't always have a muse providing this service.) This is actually my fifth game in a row lying, although one was a fairly tame transparent gambit. I'm actually planning on running a game called "Roles Ranger has fakeclaimed", which would apply artistic liberties to my fakeclaims. Those five games have enough material to fit a mini, because each fakeclaim can be used to create 2-5 different roles.
Well consider me pre inned for that.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3817 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:34 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 3808, Aureal wrote:
In post 3797, Radical Rat wrote: I totally get the frustration, but there was never any game throw potential. If the plan for him to eat the kill happened, the situation would have resolved itself, but even if that didn't happen, I was never going to let the mason claim last in the Nightmare, which I would have insisted I be present for.

I am kinda kicking myself for not catching Abnegation earlier though
There is no way that scum would target Dragoneater the absentee for a nightkill, over any of the many other confirmed Town. There was no benefit to it and huge potential risk.

Any plan that relies on you being alive later to tell people something you said earlier was false is inherently unreliable, especially in a game like this. What if mafia had the hammerer ability again, or a dayvig? You say someone is your mason partner and soon boom! You're not around anymore to dispute it and DE70 is confTown to endgame. The assumption that masons were immune to cult was just a hope, not anything to count on (and Korina's non-answer on that topic was a hint to not disregard the threat). I was racking my brains for ways he could possibly have convinced you guys he was definitely town and thus made you willing to confirm him like this and couldn't come up with any. If he'd Friendly Neighbored one of you he'd be confirmed town, but only at the moment he sent the action, he could be recruited to cult that very same night since a recruit action would process after the FN. And how the hell would he feel confident enough to just announce he's mason without communication with you? A Neighborize seemed more likely since there seemed to be some sort of line of communication between him and you but that obviously doesn't say anything about his alignment, unless it was like a Loyal Announcing Neighborizer that announced the modifier as well (which is not the normal functionality) and again, still cultable. If he had some invention he could use to confirm himself like being given mason there was no source for it since Flea had claimed targeting others, and even if it somehow came from an unclaimed source there was no reason to lie that he was there all along. I literally felt like I was going crazy, so thoroughly were the things I knew to be false being supported by people who I knew
were
on my team.
Were you keeping up with the Mason chat? I was pretty clear that I didn't trust it at all, and had contingencies in place for if Abnegation had been culted

Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #3818 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:38 pm

Post by Korina »

When people died, they lost access to any PTs they had access to, because of MT's role.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #3819 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:42 pm

Post by Korina »

I am releasing the PTs, I'm aware the Mod PT is missing n2/n3 actions, and I'll try to find and edit those in tomorrow. I put them into notepad, and then never copied them over.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #3820 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:05 pm

Post by Ranger »

Korina wrote:Unironically I hope Ranger endgames with her claim
And then I did. :P
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3821 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:28 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 829, Aureal wrote:
In post 807, camelCasedSnivy wrote: scum: bianco (or whoever they were being replaced by), aureal, rauth, snivy!!!

Awww, how can you rat us out like this, partner? :(

You know, this crumb I actually typed out totally unintending for it to be a crumb. I immediately realized what I had done and reworded it, worrying it was too obvious. Then decided it wasn't worth worrying about and was just too perfect and restored it.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3822 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:54 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

I like how I successfully hit scum with my vig and people just got more suspicious of me cause it wasn't the right scum team.
Alt of Theta Alpine
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3823 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:22 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

Especially since in retrospect there was no way I was going to be able to place dragoneater correctly at the time, and they were the only other scum alive.
Alt of Theta Alpine
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3824 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:49 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

I'm also going to stand by my thought of alarmist being a potential scum role for multiball with a full cult. Since scum have to fight cult as well. (Though I guess they do have a night kill for that as well.)
Alt of Theta Alpine

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”