, executed Day 1.
  2. Titus,
    Sunlight Actress (Mafia JOAT)
    , killed Night 1.
  3. Doctor Drew,
    Arei (Town Elite Bodyguard)
    , killed Night 1.
  4. Cat Scratch Fever,
    The Great Unknown (Town 2-Shot Traffic Analyst)
    , killed Night 1.
  5. Kyoko Kirigiri,
    The Grand Ole One (Mafia Ninja Watcher)
    , executed Day 2.
  6. Aureal,
    Voidfiend Doctor (Town 2-Shot Mason Doctor)
    , killed Night 2.
  7. Ircher,
    Dark Miasma (Cult Passive Contingent Random Redirector)
    , executed Day 3.
  8. camelCasedSnivy,
    Liminal Oddity (Investigation Immune + True Alignment Cop 2-Shot Mentor)
    , killed Night 3.

Spoiler: Banished Forever (0)
Never make me use this.

Events
Pre-Game:
None.

Vote Counts
v
Last edited by Korina on Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:45 am, edited 14 times in total.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:59 pm

Post by Korina »

Rules of Conduct

Last Updated: April 11th, 2023

General Rules/Game Etiquette
  1. Obey all site-wide rules.
  2. Talking outside of the game thread about this game is prohibited, unless your role specifically allows you to.
  3. Quoting
    any
    private communication into the game thread is not allowed, even if you made it up. You are allowed to quote private moderation communications into any PTs where you are aware of the other member's alignment, (eg., Scum PTs or Mason PT).
  4. Follow the golden rule, (do unto others as you would have them do unto you), at all times. I understand mafia can get heated, but keep it civil.
  5. If you can somehow edit/delete your posts, don't.
  6. Play towards your win-condition at all times. Don't gamethrow. If it looks like you are attempting to gamethrow, I will confirm your intent privately, and if it continues, I will take action.
  7. While not explicitly included in gamethrowing, claiming scum with others is a considerable gray-area. I do not consider it explicitly throwing, but if you wish to do that, or something like that, I ask you explain it to me in PMs what your intent is with that.
  8. You may use the following colors, provided you are not attempting to impersonate me or my co-mod:
    , which I will use for modding,
    #ff9896
    , which I will use for flavor. My co-mod, (Maruchan), will use
    chocolate
    in the event something happens.
  9. I reserve the right to update these rules as I see fit. Rule updates will be announced publicly in thread.
Activity/Prods and V/LA
  1. At least once every 48 hours, you must post relevant, game-advancing content, otherwise you will be prodded. This is extended to 72 hours if you are V/LA. If you would hit a prod within the first 12 hours of night starting, (or are due to be prodded at night-start), I will send a PM to you.
  2. I will not replace you for accumulating too many prods, unless I feel it is excessive and it is not addressed via something like a reoccurring V/LA.a
  3. All V/LAs must be declared in thread, via the V/LA tags, or via PM, (through site or Discord is acceptable.) If you send it via PMs, I will publicly announce it at my earliest convivence
  4. If you will have an excessively long V/LA or will not have regular access to the internet/forums for extended periods of time, please request replacement instead.
  5. If you are V/LA when a 48-hour prod timer goes off, I will send you a notice that you are due to be prodded in 24 hours, and I will post in thread that you are due to be prodded in 24 hours.

Deadlines/Player Actions
  1. Unless told otherwise, each day will last up two weeks (14 days), and each night will last two days.
  2. At any time, if the supermajority of all players, (which I define as 80% of the player list), or all living players agree, I will skip the remainder of the night phase, provided I have all actions.
  3. If the day/night is extended for any reason, I will post that in thread.
  4. If you possess any actions, you must submit it via PM, or PT, otherwise it will be treated as if you took no action. If you have a PT,
    I highly prefer you submit it in your PT.

5. If you may target multiple people, you must specify which action targets which player, otherwise I will randomize who it targets.
  6. Scum, by default, are multitasking and can perform the factional action and a personal ability in the same night.
Voting
  1. A simple majority is required to yeet, (half the player list, rounded down, plus one).
  2. If you use an abbreviation of a player's name, please make sure others can understand who you are specifically referring to. Kori is fine, for example, but K is not.
  3. If it looks like a vote, it is a vote, and it will be cast on whoever I think you're trying to vote.
  4. Unvoting before revoting isn't required, but appreciated.
Setup Specific Rules/Mod Confirmed Information
  1. Everything in this post is guaranteed to be truthful. There are no moderator lies in this post.
  2. This game is a bastard game. I was told by my reviewers to include this:
    Review wrote:I'd definitely let your players know its a swingy and bastard setup, with the caveat that all information provided in role PMs and the OP is correct.

3. This game is a role madness. There are
    no
    vanilla roles, nor any functionally vanilla roles.
  4. Groupscum are publicly aware of the full PM of all of their partners, and may submit their actions on behalf of them.
  5. If there is a cult present, or cult-like mechanics, they cannot recruit groupscum with living partners.
  6. Role PM flavor plays a part of this game. Story flavor does not apply to the game.
  7. The Dead PT will have no spoilers for this game.
  8. All players are innately multitasking and can take one personal action and one non-personal action, such as a factional kill, if they have access to that.
Miscellaneous Rules/Information
  1. You may PM me on Discord if you need me. My tag is @korina359. You can also PM my co-mod, (Maruchan), on Discord. Her tag is @gwenbd94. You can rant to me about anything in the game, and there is a very high chance I will post it in the Mod PT if I find it amusing.

2. You may request a Notes PT if you would like.
  3. Respect all users pronouns. If you are not sure about someone's pronouns, please ask. If they do not have any pronouns listed, please use they/them unless they say otherwise.
  4. You aren't dead until you are told by the mod you are dead, and your role has been posted.
  5. When you are dead, you are
    not
    allowed to post until the game ends.
  6. Follow the spirit of the rules. These rules are not perfect. If you think it should be a rule, assume it is one.
Last edited by Korina on Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:59 pm

Post by Korina »

Nightmare ReduxOnce again, the Nightmare returns, this time as The Nightmare Redux. Players will once again be voting on Inventions to award someone else in the game, but there's some more interesting options, and a more dynamic selection of player pool. The minimum amount of players needed for The Nightmare Redux to be available is 7. If the game drops below 7 players, The Nightmare Redux will cease to be available.

Additionally, in contrast from the first go-around, the amount of players allowed to participate is dynamic.
A minimum of five players are required to run The Nightmare Redux each night, while it is available,
but the maximum number of players allowed to participate is the number of players
still alive
. There is a whole list of actions available for the Runners to vote on.

If there is no ability that can be awarded with the number of Runners, the Nightmare will occur, but players will be unable to award any ability.

Actions requiring Five Players or more:

~
Inquiry
: Runners will vote on one question to ask the moderator about another player's role, excluding anything alignment specific. The answer to this question will be posted at day-start. The full exceptions to this is listed at the bottom.
~
Double Vote
: Runners will vote on one player to award a double-vote to. This double-vote will be publicly revealed.
~
Vigilante
: Runners will vote one player to kill tonight. This player will not flip their Role PM publicly, and it will instead be posted in the Nightmare PT should it be successful. Their alignment will still be revealed.

Actions Requiring Seven Players or more
:
~
Normal Invention
: Runners will vote on a Normal invention to award to another player. Inventions can have one modifier, and one action, but must fit into the Normal guidelines. If I have to message Implosion about it and ask, it's not normal. The only restriction to this ability is players
cannot
award any action that appears within this list.
~
Friendly Neighbor
: Runners will vote on one player to award a 1-Shot Friendly Neighbor invention to. This ability will fail to be awarded to a player who is not aligned with
The Good Dreams
, and this player will
not
be informed of this happening.
~
Cop
: Runners will vote on one player to award a 1-Shot Cop invention to. Results are given as "Horrible Dream" or "Not A Horrible Dream."

Actions Requiring Nine Players or more
:
~
Housing
: The Nightmare PT will remain open at the end of the night, and will function as a Neighborhood for the rest of the game.
~
Roleblock
: Runners will vote on one player to award a 1-Shot Roleblock invention to.
~
Tree Stumps
: The Runners will vote on one player in the Dead PT to become a Tree Stump, or one living player to become a Tree Stump upon their death.

Spoiler: Exceptions to Inquiry
All alignment specific questions are prohibited, which include such questions as "Is X (alignment)", "Is X (role specific to one faction)?", "Is X aligned with Y?", or "Can X win with Y?". A notable inclusion to this list is the question: "Can this player change the alignment of another?" This list is not fully cohesive, and will never be fully cohesive. In the event I reject your question, I will substitute it with the
best
alternative I can think of.

Addendum added in the review of this game: "What is the name of X's alignment" is specifically banned too, and this ability is not limited to yes/no questions, but you'll likely get the best results out of yes/no questions.

Nightmare VotingThis has been changed in favor of Coalition styled voting. Players
must
submit 5-x names when submitting a Nightmare Runner vote, where x is the number of confirmed Runners. Other players may vote another’s player’s proposal or submit their own proposal, following the above rules. Once a player is confirmed, they cannot be removed from Running, except via death.

Please use the hurt tags to submit a proposal or to vote for an already existing one. Please use the heal tags to unvote a proposal, or to withdraw your proposal.
Last edited by Korina on Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:00 pm

Post by Korina »

Here are the sample PMs for this game.

Sample VT
Weird Dreams Mafia Redux

Welcome, Korina! You are a
Jar of Vanilla (Vanilla Townie)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams.

I had a dream once there was just a jar of vanilla. Nothing else. It did actually nothing.

Innate Abilities
:
~
Vanilla
: You have your voice, and your vote. You may use both of these to try to kill whoever you think is not aligned with you.

You win if
all threats to
The Good Dreams
are dead, and at least one member of your faction is still alive.

Please confirm you have read this PM by submitting your flavor back to me.

Sample Mafia Goon
Weird Dreams Mafia Redux

Jar of Evil (Mafia Goon)
, and aligned with
The Horrible Dreams.

I once had a dream that Pandora's Box was actually a jar, and that I opened it. I woke up thinking how horrible it was that I opened it, because I was running late.

Innate Abilities
:
~
Vanilla
: You have your voice, and your vote. You may use both of these to try to kill whoever you think is not aligned with you.

Factional Information
:
~
Private Communication
: You have access to The Horrible Dreams PT, which is located HERE.
~
Secret Identities
: You know that
Drel
and
Fay
are also aligned with
The Horrible Dreams

~
Factional Kill
: The Horrible Dreams have access to a factional kill, which you may use every night in an attempt to kill another player in the game.

You win if
The Horrible Dreams
compromise half the town or more, and all threats to your faction are dead, or if this situation is impossible to prevent.

Please confirm you have read this PM by submitting your flavor back to me OR by posting in your PT.

Sample Serial Killer
Weird Dreams Mafia Redux

Jar of Mystery (Serial Killer)
, and aligned with
yourself.

I once had a dream that I unboxed a Stattrak Skeleton Knife Lore in CSGO, and that it had 999,999 kills on it, and then I woke up.

Innate Abilities
:
~
Vanilla
~
Vigilante
: Each night, you may attempt to kill another player in the game.

You win if
you are the last player alive; if all players are dead regardless of when you died; or if either situation is impossible to prevent.

Please confirm you have read this PM by submitting your flavor back to me.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:01 pm

Post by Korina »

I am preparing all the PTs for the game to start. I will update this post once the PMs go out. You will have access to your PT before the game starts, and I will unlock all the PTs when I send out all the PMs.

All PMs are out. All of them are missing how to confirm. Some say "Strange Dreams Mafia Redux" and others say "Weird Dreams Mafia Redux" - this is a typographical error that effects nobody. Please feel free to point and laugh if it makes you feel better. Please submit your abilities, or by posting in a PT if you happen to have access to one to confirm. Game begins when 16/19 confirm their role, or in (expired on 2023-07-02 19:30:00) passes, whichever comes first.

16/16.

Enough have confirmed by my count, starting the game momentarily.
Last edited by Korina on Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:54 am, edited 6 times in total.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:42 pm

Post by Maruchan »

this is my color do not use it. Rawr.

(This is just an egopost lel)

@ me on discord if I am needed for quickest response. @gwenbd94
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:46 pm

Post by Korina »

Flavor - Pregame"Look, I'm going to keep this brief. I have no idea how you got here. I'm not going to try to act like I'm some inhuman deity who knows why you're here. And... look. I know we've had our differences, but you have to trust me on this, just this time. I... know the way out, because I end up in this very place each time. I don't know why I always do. I don't know how you got here this one time. But..."

The voice trails off. An uncomfortable silence fills the air, leaving you to wonder where you are. Your thoughts are short-lived before the voice picks back up.

Ugh. It doesn't matter. Listen... G. This room you're in. It's safe. It's probably the only safe place in the Mindscape to speak of. Everywhere else? Danger. I know you probably don't believe me and all... and just like. I know you can't say anything back to me... but... for now, just stay there. I'll come back to this room tomorrow, and I'll bring you stuff. I don't want to risk anything by directly interacting with you and just like... This place makes no sense. If you go out, at least wait until tomorrow, ok? I know..."
the voice trails off, leaving you with nothing but bitter silence to reflect upon.
"Just wait there. I'll come back soon, ok?"

The voice trails off for good; you don't recognize them.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:55 am

Post by Korina »

Reserved for flavor.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:59 am

Post by Korina »

VC 1.0
DragonEater70 (0):

biancospino (0):

Ranger (0):

Radical Rat (0):

Enchant (0):

Morning Tweet (0):

Doctor Drew (0):

Titus (0):

Flea the Magician (0):

Save the Dragons (0):

WhemeStar (0):

usesPython (0):

Rauthedir (0):

Kyoko Kirigiri (0):

Merlyn (0):

camelCasedSnivy (0):

Abnegation (0):

sheepsaysmeep (0):

Aureal (0):

Not Voting (19):
Everyone!

With
known votes, it takes
of them to achieve a majority.

Deadline is in:
(expired on 2023-07-15 11:00:00)

Moderator Notes:

- Flea The Magician, Enchant, and Morning Tweet have (expired on 2023-07-02 23:00:00) to confirm or be replaced.
- Titus is V/LA from July 6th, 2023 till July 7th, 2023.

Nightmare
There are no proposals.

With
known votes, it takes
of them to achieve a majority.
Nobody is confirmed to run the Nightmare.

Spoiler: Pronouns
Pronoun KeyLater
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:11 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

he/him

first!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:18 am

Post by usesPython »

VOTE: Save The Dragons
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:31 am

Post by usesPython »

HURT: usesPython
HURT: Doctor Drew
HURT: Aureal
HURT: Enchant
HURT: Merlyn
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:34 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

I was in the middle of pushing Doctor Drew when suddenly D1 was ended fue to scum powers, and then the game was compromised D2.
So now I finally get to VOTE: Doctor Drew
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:34 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 11, usesPython wrote: HURT: usesPython
That is a really weird statement. Care to explain how you got all these townreads?
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:39 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 13, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 11, usesPython wrote: HURT: usesPython
That is a really weird statement. Care to explain how you got all these townreads?
Nightmare doesn't need to be full town when I can probably talk one of them into voting with me and trust Enchant to just hammer whatever
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:42 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Fair enough. Last game it didn't matter but I think there was a change in nightmare rules which tbh I haven't looked into thoroughly just yet. Lemmie have a quick look.

HURT: DragonEater
HURT: Python
HURT: Kyogo
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:44 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

@Mod I actually have a question about Nightmare voting: you explain the minimum and maximum of participants, but how are the actual participants chosen? Is there a target number of votes needed and then you participate?
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:47 am

Post by usesPython »

What's stopping us from adding every living person to the Nightmare every night other than me not wanting to type out everyones names?
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:49 am

Post by Abnegation »

hi, i am scum mason.

VOTE: aureal
Show
lowercase alt of alianna.

i will be my undoing if i become my obsession.
i will forget the ones i love if i do not serve them.
i will war with others if i refuse to see them.
therefore i choose to turn away from my reflection,
to rely not on myself
but on my brothers and sisters,
to project always outwards
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:50 am

Post by Aureal »

"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:51 am

Post by Aureal »

VOTE: WhemeStar for
absolutely no reason at all

:shifty:
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:54 am

Post by Titus »

Are runners elected game daily?

If so, I should be excluded Day 1 due to my VLA.

VOTE: Whemestar
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:54 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 17, usesPython wrote: What's stopping us from adding every living person to the Nightmare every night other than me not wanting to type out everyones names?
Probably nothing, but if I interpret the OP correctly we can only use vig with 5 players in the nightmare. Unless actually it's 5 minimum and we get more powers with more players? In which case vig is OP.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:56 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 21, Titus wrote:
Are runners elected game daily?

Yeah, there's a new vote every game day.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:57 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 18, Abnegation wrote: hi, i am scum mason.

VOTE: aureal

That definitely sounds like a role which exists and makes total sense and there is nothing strange here at all. Story checks out.
-furtiveglance

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”