Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #3775 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:42 am

Post by Korina »

Spoiler: rand img

Spoiler: camelCasedSnivy
Liminal Oddity
Strange Dreams Mafia Redux

I once had a dream that within the liminality of my dreams, there existed yet another one. An oddity. Ever-shifting, ever-changing, it would constantly seek what it had once lost, hoping to reunite with what made it complete.

Welcome
camelCasedSnivy
! You are a
Liminal Oddity (2-Shot Strongman/Strongwilled, 3-Shot BP OR Investigation Immune + True Alignment Cop 2-Shot Mentor)
, and aligned with
The Liminal Space

Innate Abilities:

~
Unique
: Your role is Unique, and cannot appear again in this game under any circumstances.
~
Choiced Role
: You are given the choice of 2-Shot Strongman/Strongwilled and 3-Shot BP Or Investigation Immunity + True Alignment Cop
~ If you pick Strongman/Strongwilled + BP, you will decide when you use your Strongman/Strongwilled shot, and will decide if you are using Strongman or Strongwilled each time. You cannot use both charges at once.
~ If you choose Investigation Immunity + True Alignment Cop, you will always return an innocent result to all investigates, and your alignment cop will show the
true
alignment of any player, ignoring any effects like Millers/Godfathers, Framers/Tailors, or any redirections. This will not prevent you from being roleblocked, however.
~
2-Shot Mentor
: Twice per game if you have no living mentee, you may attempt to recruit another player to
The Liminal Space
. If successful, they will retain all abilities they once had.

Factional Information
:
~
Conditional Kill
: If you have a living Mentee, one of you may perform the factional kill each night.
~
Private Communication
: You have access to White Space, your factional PT, which is located here. You may post there at any time, provided you are still alive.

Victory Condition
:
~ You win if all threats to
Liminal Space
are dead and your faction is at least half the living players, or if this situation is impossible to prevent.

Spoiler: Sample Mentee PM
Sample Mentee

I once had a dream that the strange little oddity had finally found me, and made me join it. Together, we stood stronger, more powerful than either one of us could on our own.

Welcome
Korina
! You are now a
Sample Mentee (Sample Mentee)
, and now aligned with
The Liminal Space

Innate Abilities:

~
Example Retained Ability
: Lorem Ipsum Dolar Amet Sit
~
Mentee
: If
[Mentor Name]
ever dies, you will die as well.

Factional Information
:
~
Conditional Kill
: As long as you are alive, either you or
[Mentor Name]
may perform the factional kill each night.
~
Private Communication
: You have access to White Space, your factional PT, which is located here. You may post there at any time, provided you are still alive.
~
Factional Identities
: You know that
[Mentor Name]
is a
Liminal Oddity (Mentor's Picked Role Goes Here)

Victory Condition
:
Liminal Space
are dead and your faction is at least half the living players, or if this situation is impossible to prevent.

Spoiler: Titus
Sunlight Actress

I once had a dream that there was a renowned actress who only could put on her performance in the daylight. Anyone who watched it would be mesmerized by it, and she kept using that to her advantage. I always wondered why she would do it.

Welcome
Titus
! You are a
Sunlight Actress (Mafia JOAT)
, and aligned with
The Horrible Dreams

Innate Abilities:

~
Jack of all Trades
: You have access to several limited-shot abilities, they are listed below.
~
Hypnotist (2-Shot)
: Twice per game, you may send a player feedback from any action, provided it does not contain a name. For example, you may give a player feedback that nobody visited their target last night, but you may not give them feedback that they saw their target visited [name] last night.
~
Day Traitor Cop (1-Shot)
: Once per game, during the day, you may learn if a player is a Traitor. Feedback from this action will be given to you at the start of the night.
~
Secret Voter (1-Shot)
: Once per game, during the day, you may secretly place an additional vote on another player by PMing the mod. This vote cannot be changed once placed, and will not work in ELO situations. This vote shows up as "Korina" on VCs.
~
Strongwilled Announcing Jailkeeper (2-Shot)
: Twice per game, you may jailkeep another player, protecting them from all kills tonight, and roleblocking them. This action cannot be redirected, nor roleblocked. Players will be told a Strongwilled Jailkeeper targeted them last night as well.

Factional Information
:
~
Factional Kill
: You, or any other living
Horrible Dreams
with access to The Abyss may perform the factional kill each night, alongside any personal abilities.
~
Private Communication
: You have access to The Abyss, your factional PT, which is located here. You may post there at any time, provided you are still alive.
~
Factional Identities
: Your allies are:
biancospino
and .
~
Traitor
: You know there is a
Nightmare Traitor
in the game. They know your name, but not your role. If you attempt to kill the Traitor, they will join the PT instead of dying.

Victory Condition
:
The Horrible Dreams

Spoiler: biancospino PM
Dark Miasma

I once had a dream that there was a dark mist in the corner of my room. My oldest bedroom that still spooks me to this day. It did absolutely nothing but would scream at me if I got too close, or threw anything at it. And if I threw something at it? It'd simply deflect it.

Welcome
biancospino
! You are a
Dark Miasma (Mafia Passively Contingent Random Redirector)
, and aligned with
The Horrible Dreams

Innate Abilities:

~
Unique
: Your role is Unique, and cannot appear again in this game under any circumstances.
~
Passive Contingent Random Redirector
: Provided no players not aligned with
The Good Dreams
have died, you will automatically redirect any actions targeted at you to a different player. The target player will be randomly selected from all living players.
~
Backup Contingency
: Once a player not aligned with
The Good Dreams
dies, you will become a 1-Shot Bus Driver instead.

Factional Information
:
~
Factional Kill
Horrible Dreams
with access to The Abyss may perform the factional kill each night, alongside any personal abilities.
~
Private Communication
: You have access to The Abyss, your factional PT, which is located here. You may post there at any time, provided you are still alive.
~
Factional Identities
: Your allies are: and
Kyoko Kirigiri
~
Traitor
Nightmare Traitor
in the game. They know your name, but not your role. If you attempt to kill the Traitor, they will join the PT instead of dying.

Victory Condition
:
The Horrible Dreams

Spoiler: Kyoko Kirigiri PM
Grand Ole One

I once had a dream that I was in the Squid Games, but there was just one random computer in it who grew stronger the less people there were. I kept having to fight it, and only kept narrowly winning each time, and when it finally beat me, I woke up.

Welcome
Kyoko Kirigiri
! You are the
The Grand Ole One (Mafia Ninja Watcher)
, and aligned with
The Horrible Dreams

Innate Abilities:

~
Ninja Watcher
: Each night, you may target another player and learn who visited that player. You will not appear to visit your target to any roles like Trackers or Watchers.
~
The Last, Best Hope
: If you are the last non-Traitor Horrible Dream alive, you will gain the following ability: 2-Shot Strongman Janitor.
~
2-Shot Strongman Janitor
: Twice per game, when killing another player, you may decide to use this ability. If you do so, your target will die regardless if they are being protected, and regardless if you are roleblocked. Your target will flip as
[REDACTED]
, and you alone will learn your target's Role PM.

Factional Information
:
~
Factional Kill
Horrible Dreams
~
Private Communication
~
Factional Identities
: Your allies are: and .
~
Traitor
Nightmare Traitor

Victory Condition
:
The Horrible Dreams

Spoiler: DragonEater70 PM
Nightmare Traitor

I once had a dream that I was watching the Voidfiends and Nightmares again. This time, there were four of them, or so I thought. One of them had defected, and fallen in love with their mortal enemies, and secretly vowed that if possible, the two of them would destroy the rest of the Voidfiends and Nightmares, and those who would stand with them... but I think I saw the slightest hint of remorse in the two traitors.

Welcome
DragonEater70
! You are a
Nightmare Traitor (Mafia Lover Role Public Prophet Traitor)
, and aligned with
The Horrible Dreams

Innate Abilities:

~
Public Role Prophet
: Each night, you may target another player and ask the mod a question about how their role. You cannot ask questions that pertain to alignment, such as "What is X's alignment" or "How does X win the game", or "Can X change the alignment of another player?". The feedback from this action will be publicly posted, but you will decide if the feedback is correct, or inverted.

Lover Information
:
~
Lover
: You are lovers with , and will die if they die.
~
Lover PT
: You have access to Purgatory, the Lovers PT, which you can find here.
~
Lover's Wrath
: Twice per game, you or your lover may attempt to kill another player in the game.
~
Finality
: If you and your lover are the only players left alive, or it is impossible to prevent this from occurring, the two of you will automatically win the game. This is redacted upon your death.

Factional Information
:
~
Traitor
: Your allies are: , , and
Kyoko Kirigiri
. You know their names, but not their abilities.
~
Recruitment
: If any of the above players attempt to kill you, you will instead gain access to The Abyss, the factional PT, alongside the factional kill.

Victory Condition
:
The Horrible Dreams
are dead and your faction is at least half the living players, or if this situation is impossible to prevent. Alternatively, you win if you and your lover are the only players left alive, or it is impossible to prevent the two of you from being the last players alive.

Spoiler: Abnegation PM
Voidfiend Traitor

I once had a dream that I was watching the Voidfiends and Nightmares again. This time, there were four of them, or so I thought. One of them had defected, and fallen in love with their mortal enemies, and secretly vowed that if possible, the two of them would destroy the rest of the Voidfiends and Nightmares, and those who would stand with them... but I think I saw the slightest hint of remorse in the two traitors.

Welcome
Abnegation
! You are a
Voidfiend Traitor (Town Lover 2-Shot Role Cop Mason Traitor)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities:

~
2-Shot Role Cop
: Twice per game, you may learn another player's role name, but not their abilities. For example, you will return the name "Voidfiend Traitor" if you checked yourself, but not "Town Lover 2-Shot Role Cop Mason Traitor."

Lover Information
:
~
Lover
~
Lover PT
~
Lover's Wrath
: Twice per game, you or your lover may attempt to kill another player in the game.
~
Finality
: If you and your lover are the only players left alive, or it is impossible to prevent this from occurring, the two of you will automatically win the game. This is redacted upon your death.

Masonry Information
:
~
Traitor
: The masons are: and
Radical Rat
~
Recruitment
: The Masons have a 2-Shot Traitor Recruitment. If they target you with it, you will automatically gain access to the Masonry.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams
are dead and one member of your faction is still alive. Alternatively, you win if you and your lover are the only players left alive, or it is impossible to prevent the two of you from being the last players alive.

Spoiler: Aureal PM
Voidfiend Doctor

I once had a dream that I was back with the Voidfiends, shattered because one of them had defected from the group. Lost, they both attempted to find their lost friend again and reunite the triad they once had.

Welcome
Aurel
! You are a
Voidfiend Doctor (Town 2-Shot Doctor Mason)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
2-Shot Doctor
: Twice per game, you may protect another player from one kill tonight. You cannot target with this ability.

Masonry Abilities
:
~
1-Shot Day Traitor Cop
: Once per game, during the day, you or your partner may target another player and learn if they are a traitor. You will be given the result at the start of the night.
~
2-Shot Traitor Recruitment
: Twice per game, you may target another player and attempt to recall them to the Masonry if they are a traitor. If successful, they will gain access to The Fortress at the start of the day.

Masonry Information
:
~
Masonry
: You have access to The Fortress, the Mason PT, located here, where you may talk at any time provided you are still alive.
~
Mason Friend
: You know is aligned with
The Good Dreams
and is also a Mason.
~
Traitor
Voidfiend Traitor
in the game. They know your name, but not your role.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams
are dead and one member of your faction is still alive.

Spoiler: Radical Rat PM
Voidfiend Vigilante

I once had a dream that I was back with the Voidfiends, shattered because one of them had defected from the group. Lost, they both attempted to find their lost friend again and reunite the triad they once had.

Welcome
Radical Rat
! You are a
Voidfiend Vigilante (Town 1-Shot Vigilante Mason)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
1-Shot Vigilante
: Once per game, you may attempt to kill another player in the game.

Masonry Abilities
:
~
1-Shot Day Traitor Cop
: Once per game, during the day, you or your partner may target another player and learn if they are a traitor. You will be given the result at the start of the night.
~
: Twice per game, you may target another player and attempt to recall them to the Masonry if they are a traitor. If successful, they will gain access to The Fortress Sanctuary at the start of the day.

Masonry Information
:
~
Masonry
: You have access to The Fortress, the Mason PT, located here, where you may talk at any time provided you are still alive.
~
Mason Friend
The Good Dreams
and is also a Mason.
~
Traitor
Voidfiend Traitor

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: sheepsaysmeep
Carl's Older Brother

I once had a dream that Carl's Older Brother was running the stand Carl once did. When asked where Carl went, his older brother shrugged and told me it wasn't his job to keep track of him.

Welcome
sheepsaysmeep
! You are now
Carl's Older Brother (Vengeful Announcing Loud Mailman)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
Vengeful
: If you die for any reason during the game, you will be awarded a 1-Shot Vengekill.
~
Announcing Loud Mailman
: Each night, you may pass a message along to another player. This message must be limited to 150 characters or less. Players will be given the message at daystart, along with the fact they were targeted by Carl's Older Brother last night, and they were targeted by a Mailman last night.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: Flea The Magician PM
The Final Dreamer

I once had a dream that you escaped. That you made it out alive. Please, don't let anyone know you did so. I don't want to lose you again. I don't know if you'll ever see this message, but I'm here. I hope one day, we'll see each other again. You'll be ok, I know you will.

Welcome
Flea The Magician
! You are
The Final Dreamer (Town Inventing Mailman)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
Inventor
: Each night, you may give a player a 1-Shot invention from the Normal Role List. You may include one modifier with this. You cannot award the same ability or modifier twice in a row. You also cannot award any roles that are Cops, Cop variations, or have the word Cop in the name. You may award roles like Tracker/Watcher/Follower/Voyeur/etc. a maximum of twice
total
between all variations.
~
Mailman
: Each night, you may pass a message along with your invention. This message cannot contain any names. Players will be told this message is included with the invention.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: Morning Tweet
Lost Dragon Corpse

I once had a dream that the graveyard still stood. No matter what, it stood, except this time, I was watching from the other side, not as the conduit.

Welcome
Morning Tweet
! You are
The Lost Dragon Corpse (Town Graveyard Medium)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
Unique
~
Graveyard Medium
: Twice per game during the day, you may submit the name of a dead player (if alive), or a living player (if dead). At the start of the night, you will get access to a PT with them that will last the full night.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: Enchant
Backrooms Designer

I once had a dream that I finally came back to see that strange man who built that city in the Backrooms. He told me everything about him, and revealed that he truly was harmless. I believed every word he said to me, and he revealed his biggest weakness of all: he could never be saved once he died.

Welcome
Enchant
! You are a
Backrooms Designer (Town Macho Neighborizing Marshall)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
Macho
: You cannot be targeted by protective roles.
~
Neighborizing Marshall
: Each night, you may target another player in the game and attempt to add them to your hood: The Backrooms. Anyone you target cannot be targeted by anyone else, nor take any actions the night you target them. You will gain access to The Backrooms the first time your neighborize is successful.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: Rautherdir
Face Trader

I once had a dream that there was someone who had a bunch of masks of faces, and kept asking me to trade me my face for one of his own. I kept refusing, and he kept demanding I do so.

Welcome
Rautherdir
! You are a
Face Trader (Town JOAT)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
Jack of all Trades
: You have access to several one-shot abilities; they are listed below.
~
Vigilante
: Once per game, you may target another player and attempt to kill them.
~
Tracker
: Once per game, you may target another player and learn who they target tonight.
~
Absorber
: Once per game, you may target another player and attempt to gain a 1-Shot variant of their ability. Some roles are Unique, and this ability will fail on those roles.
~
Bus Driver
: Once per game, you may target two players and switch all actions between them.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: Doctor Drew
Arei

I once had a dream that one of my D&D character concepts was helping me fight an endless wave of shadowy creatures. Right before one of them could kill me, Arei jumped in front of me, pushing me out of the way, taking the killing blow for me, and striking it directly in its neck. I woke up shortly afterwards.

Welcome
Doctor Drew
! You are now
Arei (Town Elite Bodyguard)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
Elite Bodyguard
: Each night, you may protect another player in the game. If that player should be killed, you will die instead of them, and kill the attacker.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: Merlyn PM
The Great Unknown

I once had a dream that ...?

Welcome
Merlyn PM
! You are
The Great Unknown (Town 2-Shot Universal Backup)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
Informed
: Certain players have the "Unique" modifier attached to them. You cannot become those roles.
~
2-Shot Universal Backup
: When the first non-Unique role dies, you will gain 2-Shots of that ability. You will be sent a new PM when this happens. In the event multiple non-Unique roles die at once, you will be randomly assigned one of them to inherit.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: CSF PM NEW
The Great Unknown

Welcome
Cat Scratch Fever
! You are
The Great Unknown (Town 2-Shot Traffic Analyst)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
2-Shot Traffic Analyst
: Each night, you may target another player in the game and learn if they legally can communicate with another player in the game outside of the game thread.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: Ranger PM
Faceless Jury

I once had a dream that I was on trial for something. I forgot what it was, but nobody there had a face. They were like mannequins, and the power they had was uncanny. The second I said something wrong, they'd chain me to the spot and make me do something. I didn't like that dream.

Welcome
Ranger
! You are the
Faceless Jury (Town 2-Shot Nightmare Decider)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
Unique
~
2-Shot Nightmare Decider
: Twice per game, during the day, you may PM the mod and forcibly add someone to the Nightmare. This will be announced in the game thread.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: Save the Dragons PM
Shadow Man

I once had a dream that the Shadow Man returned. He had changed a little bit, and I could tell that. He kept alternating between psychology of my life, and trying to find some fabled murderer. The dream only ended once he turned around to me and said I was the murderer.

Welcome
Save the Dragons
! You are a
Shadow Man (Town Odd-Night Psychologist Even-Night Detective)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
Odd-Night Psychologist
: Each odd-numbered night, you may target another player to learn if they have the ability to kill another in the game, and have not used it yet.
~
Even-Night Detective
: Each even-numbered night, you may target another player to learn if they have killed another player in the game.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: usesPython PM
SCP Cheerleader

I once had a dream that I was at the pep rally in high school, and all they were doing was shouting about how only they could contain the anomalous entity that was just??? SITTING THERE???? IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GYM???? LIKE HELLO????? WHY AREN'T YOU DOING YOUR JOB????? WHY ARE YOU ENTHUSIATICALLY CHEERING ABOUT IT???????

Welcome
usesPython
! You are a
SCP Cheerleader (Town 3-Shot Day Motivator)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
3-Shot Day Motivator
: Thrice per game, during the day, you may target another player in the game and motivate them, causing them to be able to take two different actions tonight, (outside of the innate multitasking everyone possesses), or two of the same action tonight, excluding factional abilities. Players will be informed of this at night start.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: WhemeStar
Eric

I once had a dream that instead of Carl or any other generic four-letter name, there was Eric. Eric did not like me. He didn't want to talk to me, and instead, he decided to pull up my entire internet history and present it to me in the most accusatory way possible. One thing he presented to me was MafiaScum and I didn't like how he asked me about MafiaScum.

Welcome
WhemeStar
! You are
Eric (Town Traffic Analyst)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
Traffic Analyst
: Each night, you may target another player in the game and learn if they legally can communicate with another player in the game outside of the game thread.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #3776 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:43 am

Post by Korina »

PT Master List
Auto-Released PTs
:
~ Mod PT - Released upon game-end.
~ Review PT - Released upon game-end.
~ Dead PT - Released upon game-end.

Non-Specific PTs
:
~ White Space (Liminal Space PT) - Released in 48 hours from game-end, or if all players involved agree to no-redactions.
~ The Abyss (Horrible Dreams PT) - Released in 48 hours from game-end, or if all players involved agree to no-redactions.
~ Purgatory (Lovers PT) - Released in 48 hours from game-end, or if all players involved agree to no-redactions.
~ Fortress Sanctuary (Masons PT) - Released in 48 hours from game-end, or if all players involved agree to no-redactions.
~ The Backrooms (Neighborhood PT) - Released in 48 hours from game-end, or if all players involved agree to no-redactions.
~ DragonEater70 Notes PT - Released
~ Abnegation Notes PT - Released

Lost Dragon Corpse PTs
:
X

Nightmare PTs
:
~ Nightmare I - Released in 48 hours from game-end, or if all players involved agree to no-redactions.
~ Nightmare II - Released in 48 hours from game-end, or if all players involved agree to no-redactions.
~ Nightmare III - Released in 48 hours from game-end, or if all players involved agree to no-redactions.
Last edited by Korina on Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3777 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:45 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

why was csf pm changed
master at being scum(my)
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3778 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:47 am

oh right im a dumbass
master at being scum(my)
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #3779 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:47 am

Post by Korina »

CSF was a Universal Backup, and inherited Traffic Analyst from WhemeStar
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3780 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:55 am

Post by Rautherdir »

Ooh, universal backup, that explains two TAs. Also, Ircher was originally scum, thus things ended earlier then expected cause there was overlap.
Alt of Theta Alpine
"Night Kills are a form of cult cop"
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3781 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:06 am

Post by Rautherdir »

Honestly, that could have been guessed from role name and flavor.
Alt of Theta Alpine
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3782 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:27 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

Gg everyone & thanks Korina for the setup!

And no redactions
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3783 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:58 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 3779, Korina wrote: CSF was a Universal Backup, and inherited Traffic Analyst from WhemeStar
That explained it, having 2 traffic analysts was weird asf.

Also half the players having PTs or messenger abilities was something else...
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3784 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:00 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 3775, Korina wrote:
Spoiler: rand img

Spoiler: camelCasedSnivy
Liminal Oddity

I once had a dream that within the liminality of my dreams, there existed yet another one. An oddity. Ever-shifting, ever-changing, it would constantly seek what it had once lost, hoping to reunite with what made it complete.

Welcome
camelCasedSnivy
! You are a
Liminal Oddity (2-Shot Strongman/Strongwilled, 3-Shot BP OR Investigation Immune + True Alignment Cop 2-Shot Mentor)
, and aligned with
The Liminal Space

Innate Abilities:

~
Unique
~
Choiced Role
: You are given the choice of 2-Shot Strongman/Strongwilled and 3-Shot BP Or Investigation Immunity + True Alignment Cop
~ If you pick Strongman/Strongwilled + BP, you will decide when you use your Strongman/Strongwilled shot, and will decide if you are using Strongman or Strongwilled each time. You cannot use both charges at once.
~ If you choose Investigation Immunity + True Alignment Cop, you will always return an innocent result to all investigates, and your alignment cop will show the
true
alignment of any player, ignoring any effects like Millers/Godfathers, Framers/Tailors, or any redirections. This will not prevent you from being roleblocked, however.
~
2-Shot Mentor
: Twice per game if you have no living mentee, you may attempt to recruit another player to
The Liminal Space
. If successful, they will retain all abilities they once had.

Factional Information
:
~
Conditional Kill
: If you have a living Mentee, one of you may perform the factional kill each night.
~
Private Communication

Victory Condition
:
Liminal Space

Spoiler: Sample Mentee PM
Sample Mentee

I once had a dream that the strange little oddity had finally found me, and made me join it. Together, we stood stronger, more powerful than either one of us could on our own.

Welcome
Korina
! You are now a
Sample Mentee (Sample Mentee)
, and now aligned with
The Liminal Space

Innate Abilities:

~
Example Retained Ability
: Lorem Ipsum Dolar Amet Sit
~
Mentee
: If
[Mentor Name]
ever dies, you will die as well.

Factional Information
:
~
Conditional Kill
: As long as you are alive, either you or
[Mentor Name]
may perform the factional kill each night.
~
Private Communication
~
Factional Identities
: You know that
[Mentor Name]
is a
Liminal Oddity (Mentor's Picked Role Goes Here)

Victory Condition
:
Liminal Space

Spoiler: Titus
Sunlight Actress

I once had a dream that there was a renowned actress who only could put on her performance in the daylight. Anyone who watched it would be mesmerized by it, and she kept using that to her advantage. I always wondered why she would do it.

Welcome
Titus
! You are a
Sunlight Actress (Mafia JOAT)
, and aligned with
The Horrible Dreams

Innate Abilities:

~
Jack of all Trades
: You have access to several limited-shot abilities, they are listed below.
~
Hypnotist (2-Shot)
: Twice per game, you may send a player feedback from any action, provided it does not contain a name. For example, you may give a player feedback that nobody visited their target last night, but you may not give them feedback that they saw their target visited [name] last night.
~
Day Traitor Cop (1-Shot)
: Once per game, during the day, you may learn if a player is a Traitor. Feedback from this action will be given to you at the start of the night.
~
Secret Voter (1-Shot)
: Once per game, during the day, you may secretly place an additional vote on another player by PMing the mod. This vote cannot be changed once placed, and will not work in ELO situations. This vote shows up as "Korina" on VCs.
~
Strongwilled Announcing Jailkeeper (2-Shot)
: Twice per game, you may jailkeep another player, protecting them from all kills tonight, and roleblocking them. This action cannot be redirected, nor roleblocked. Players will be told a Strongwilled Jailkeeper targeted them last night as well.

Factional Information
:
~
Factional Kill
Horrible Dreams
~
Private Communication
~
Factional Identities
: Your allies are:
biancospino
and .
~
Traitor
Nightmare Traitor

Victory Condition
:
The Horrible Dreams

Spoiler: biancospino PM
Dark Miasma

I once had a dream that there was a dark mist in the corner of my room. My oldest bedroom that still spooks me to this day. It did absolutely nothing but would scream at me if I got too close, or threw anything at it. And if I threw something at it? It'd simply deflect it.

Welcome
biancospino
! You are a
Dark Miasma (Mafia Passively Contingent Random Redirector)
, and aligned with
The Horrible Dreams

Innate Abilities:

~
Unique
~
Passive Contingent Random Redirector
: Provided no players not aligned with
The Good Dreams
have died, you will automatically redirect any actions targeted at you to a different player. The target player will be randomly selected from all living players.
~
Backup Contingency
: Once a player not aligned with
The Good Dreams
dies, you will become a 1-Shot Bus Driver instead.

Factional Information
:
~
Factional Kill
Horrible Dreams
~
Private Communication
~
Factional Identities
: Your allies are: and
Kyoko Kirigiri
~
Traitor
Nightmare Traitor

Victory Condition
:
The Horrible Dreams

Spoiler: Kyoko Kirigiri PM
Grand Ole One

I once had a dream that I was in the Squid Games, but there was just one random computer in it who grew stronger the less people there were. I kept having to fight it, and only kept narrowly winning each time, and when it finally beat me, I woke up.

Welcome
Kyoko Kirigiri
! You are the
The Grand Ole One (Mafia Ninja Watcher)
, and aligned with
The Horrible Dreams

Innate Abilities:

~
Ninja Watcher
: Each night, you may target another player and learn who visited that player. You will not appear to visit your target to any roles like Trackers or Watchers.
~
The Last, Best Hope
: If you are the last non-Traitor Horrible Dream alive, you will gain the following ability: 2-Shot Strongman Janitor.
~
2-Shot Strongman Janitor
: Twice per game, when killing another player, you may decide to use this ability. If you do so, your target will die regardless if they are being protected, and regardless if you are roleblocked. Your target will flip as
[REDACTED]
, and you alone will learn your target's Role PM.

Factional Information
:
~
Factional Kill
Horrible Dreams
~
Private Communication
~
Factional Identities
: Your allies are: and .
~
Traitor
Nightmare Traitor

Victory Condition
:
The Horrible Dreams

Spoiler: DragonEater70 PM
Nightmare Traitor

Welcome
DragonEater70
! You are a
Nightmare Traitor (Mafia Lover Role Public Prophet Traitor)
, and aligned with
The Horrible Dreams

Innate Abilities:

~
Public Role Prophet
: Each night, you may target another player and ask the mod a question about how their role. You cannot ask questions that pertain to alignment, such as "What is X's alignment" or "How does X win the game", or "Can X change the alignment of another player?". The feedback from this action will be publicly posted, but you will decide if the feedback is correct, or inverted.

Lover Information
:
~
Lover
~
Lover PT
~
Lover's Wrath
~
Finality

Factional Information
:
~
Traitor
: Your allies are: , , and
Kyoko Kirigiri
~
Recruitment
: If any of the above players attempt to kill you, you will instead gain access to The Abyss, the factional PT, alongside the factional kill.

Victory Condition
:
The Horrible Dreams
are dead and your faction is at least half the living players, or if this situation is impossible to prevent. Alternatively, you win if you and your lover are the only players left alive, or it is impossible to prevent the two of you from being the last players alive.

Spoiler: Abnegation PM
Voidfiend Traitor

Welcome
Abnegation
! You are a
Voidfiend Traitor (Town Lover 2-Shot Role Cop Mason Traitor)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities:

~
2-Shot Role Cop
: Twice per game, you may learn another player's role name, but not their abilities. For example, you will return the name "Voidfiend Traitor" if you checked yourself, but not "Town Lover 2-Shot Role Cop Mason Traitor."

Lover Information
:
~
Lover
~
Lover PT
~
Lover's Wrath
~
Finality

Masonry Information
:
~
Traitor
: The masons are: and
Radical Rat
~
Recruitment
: The Masons have a 2-Shot Traitor Recruitment. If they target you with it, you will automatically gain access to the Masonry.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams
are dead and one member of your faction is still alive. Alternatively, you win if you and your lover are the only players left alive, or it is impossible to prevent the two of you from being the last players alive.

Spoiler: Aureal PM
Voidfiend Doctor

Welcome
Aurel
! You are a
Voidfiend Doctor (Town 2-Shot Doctor Mason)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
2-Shot Doctor
: Twice per game, you may protect another player from one kill tonight. You cannot target with this ability.

Masonry Abilities
:
~
1-Shot Day Traitor Cop
~
: Twice per game, you may target another player and attempt to recall them to the Masonry if they are a traitor. If successful, they will gain access to The Fortress at the start of the day.

Masonry Information
:
~
Masonry
~
Mason Friend
The Good Dreams
and is also a Mason.
~
Traitor
Voidfiend Traitor

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: Radical Rat PM
Voidfiend Vigilante

Welcome
Radical Rat
! You are a
Voidfiend Vigilante (Town 1-Shot Vigilante Mason)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
1-Shot Vigilante
: Once per game, you may attempt to kill another player in the game.

Masonry Abilities
:
~
1-Shot Day Traitor Cop
~
: Twice per game, you may target another player and attempt to recall them to the Masonry if they are a traitor. If successful, they will gain access to The Fortress Sanctuary at the start of the day.

Masonry Information
:
~
Masonry
~
Mason Friend
The Good Dreams
and is also a Mason.
~
Traitor
Voidfiend Traitor

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: sheepsaysmeep
Carl's Older Brother

I once had a dream that Carl's Older Brother was running the stand Carl once did. When asked where Carl went, his older brother shrugged and told me it wasn't his job to keep track of him.

Welcome
sheepsaysmeep
! You are now
Carl's Older Brother (Vengeful Announcing Loud Mailman)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
Vengeful
: If you die for any reason during the game, you will be awarded a 1-Shot Vengekill.
~
Announcing Loud Mailman
: Each night, you may pass a message along to another player. This message must be limited to 150 characters or less. Players will be given the message at daystart, along with the fact they were targeted by Carl's Older Brother last night, and they were targeted by a Mailman last night.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: Flea The Magician PM
The Final Dreamer

I once had a dream that you escaped. That you made it out alive. Please, don't let anyone know you did so. I don't want to lose you again. I don't know if you'll ever see this message, but I'm here. I hope one day, we'll see each other again. You'll be ok, I know you will.

Welcome
Flea The Magician
! You are
The Final Dreamer (Town Inventing Mailman)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
Inventor
: Each night, you may give a player a 1-Shot invention from the Normal Role List. You may include one modifier with this. You cannot award the same ability or modifier twice in a row. You also cannot award any roles that are Cops, Cop variations, or have the word Cop in the name. You may award roles like Tracker/Watcher/Follower/Voyeur/etc. a maximum of twice
total
between all variations.
~
Mailman
: Each night, you may pass a message along with your invention. This message cannot contain any names. Players will be told this message is included with the invention.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: Morning Tweet
Lost Dragon Corpse

I once had a dream that the graveyard still stood. No matter what, it stood, except this time, I was watching from the other side, not as the conduit.

Welcome
Morning Tweet
! You are
The Lost Dragon Corpse (Town Graveyard Medium)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
Unique
~
Graveyard Medium
: Twice per game during the day, you may submit the name of a dead player (if alive), or a living player (if dead). At the start of the night, you will get access to a PT with them that will last the full night.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: Enchant
Backrooms Designer

I once had a dream that I finally came back to see that strange man who built that city in the Backrooms. He told me everything about him, and revealed that he truly was harmless. I believed every word he said to me, and he revealed his biggest weakness of all: he could never be saved once he died.

Welcome
Enchant
! You are a
Backrooms Designer (Town Macho Neighborizing Marshall)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
Macho
: You cannot be targeted by protective roles.
~
Neighborizing Marshall
: Each night, you may target another player in the game and attempt to add them to your hood: The Backrooms. Anyone you target cannot be targeted by anyone else, nor take any actions the night you target them. You will gain access to The Backrooms the first time your neighborize is successful.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: Rautherdir
Face Trader

I once had a dream that there was someone who had a bunch of masks of faces, and kept asking me to trade me my face for one of his own. I kept refusing, and he kept demanding I do so.

Welcome
Rautherdir
! You are a
Face Trader (Town JOAT)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
Jack of all Trades
: You have access to several one-shot abilities; they are listed below.
~
Vigilante
: Once per game, you may target another player and attempt to kill them.
~
Tracker
: Once per game, you may target another player and learn who they target tonight.
~
Absorber
: Once per game, you may target another player and attempt to gain a 1-Shot variant of their ability. Some roles are Unique, and this ability will fail on those roles.
~
Bus Driver
: Once per game, you may target two players and switch all actions between them.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: Doctor Drew
Arei

I once had a dream that one of my D&D character concepts was helping me fight an endless wave of shadowy creatures. Right before one of them could kill me, Arei jumped in front of me, pushing me out of the way, taking the killing blow for me, and striking it directly in its neck. I woke up shortly afterwards.

Welcome
Doctor Drew
! You are now
Arei (Town Elite Bodyguard)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
Elite Bodyguard
: Each night, you may protect another player in the game. If that player should be killed, you will die instead of them, and kill the attacker.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: Merlyn PM
The Great Unknown

Welcome
Merlyn PM
! You are
The Great Unknown (Town 2-Shot Universal Backup)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
Informed
: Certain players have the "Unique" modifier attached to them. You cannot become those roles.
~
2-Shot Universal Backup
: When the first non-Unique role dies, you will gain 2-Shots of that ability. You will be sent a new PM when this happens. In the event multiple non-Unique roles die at once, you will be randomly assigned one of them to inherit.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: CSF PM NEW
The Great Unknown

Welcome
Cat Scratch Fever
! You are
The Great Unknown (Town 2-Shot Traffic Analyst)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
2-Shot Traffic Analyst

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: Ranger PM
Faceless Jury

I once had a dream that I was on trial for something. I forgot what it was, but nobody there had a face. They were like mannequins, and the power they had was uncanny. The second I said something wrong, they'd chain me to the spot and make me do something. I didn't like that dream.

Welcome
Ranger
! You are the
Faceless Jury (Town 2-Shot Nightmare Decider)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
Unique
~
2-Shot Nightmare Decider
: Twice per game, during the day, you may PM the mod and forcibly add someone to the Nightmare. This will be announced in the game thread.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: Save the Dragons PM
Shadow Man

I once had a dream that the Shadow Man returned. He had changed a little bit, and I could tell that. He kept alternating between psychology of my life, and trying to find some fabled murderer. The dream only ended once he turned around to me and said I was the murderer.

Welcome
Save the Dragons
! You are a
Shadow Man (Town Odd-Night Psychologist Even-Night Detective)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
Odd-Night Psychologist
: Each odd-numbered night, you may target another player to learn if they have the ability to kill another in the game, and have not used it yet.
~
Even-Night Detective
: Each even-numbered night, you may target another player to learn if they have killed another player in the game.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: usesPython PM
SCP Cheerleader

I once had a dream that I was at the pep rally in high school, and all they were doing was shouting about how only they could contain the anomalous entity that was just??? SITTING THERE???? IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GYM???? LIKE HELLO????? WHY AREN'T YOU DOING YOUR JOB????? WHY ARE YOU ENTHUSIATICALLY CHEERING ABOUT IT???????

Welcome
usesPython
! You are a
SCP Cheerleader (Town 3-Shot Day Motivator)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
3-Shot Day Motivator
: Thrice per game, during the day, you may target another player in the game and motivate them, causing them to be able to take two different actions tonight, (outside of the innate multitasking everyone possesses), or two of the same action tonight, excluding factional abilities. Players will be informed of this at night start.

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams

Spoiler: WhemeStar
Eric

I once had a dream that instead of Carl or any other generic four-letter name, there was Eric. Eric did not like me. He didn't want to talk to me, and instead, he decided to pull up my entire internet history and present it to me in the most accusatory way possible. One thing he presented to me was MafiaScum and I didn't like how he asked me about MafiaScum.

Welcome
WhemeStar
! You are
Eric (Town Traffic Analyst)
, and aligned with
The Good Dreams

Innate Abilities
:
~
Traffic Analyst

Victory Condition
:
The Good Dreams
You forgot KKFC's PM
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #3785 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:00 am

Post by Korina »

KKFC replaced Enchant
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3786 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:02 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Oh mb
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #3787 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:02 am

Post by Korina »

OH NOW I CAN FINALLY DISCUSS THIS:

Marshall came from my original homesite, ToS forum mafia. I modified the role a little bit, but Marshall from what I remember of ToSFM was a Rolestopper.

I wanted to include the name Marshall to cast some innate doubt on that slot by having it literally be the cult role from the first game, with a non-standard name.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #3788 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:05 am

Post by Korina »

In post 3767, camelCasedSnivy wrote: there were 2.5 scumteams this game
This was actually one of the key factors of my design and something I want to explore more in-depth with future setups is including atypical/nonstandard scum factions, since the lovers filled the design space of a SK, without me actually including a SK.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #3789 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:08 am

Post by Korina »

An unfortunate part of the setup was scum absolutely got steamrolled, but I genuinely think that was a byproduct of town having extremely solid play, (especially in the nightmare, like holy shit), and finding some unintentional things in the setup.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #3790 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:17 am

Post by Ircher »

No redactio s from me.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #3791 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:18 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 3790, Ircher wrote: No redactions from me.
EBWOP
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3792 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:45 am

Post by Rautherdir »

We could have had a five or six person mason team potentially, since I think Flea would have been able to give mason inventions.
Alt of Theta Alpine
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3793 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:47 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Ranger, why did you put me in the Nightmare?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3794 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:51 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 3787, Korina wrote: I wanted to include the name Marshall to cast some innate doubt on that slot by having it literally be the cult role from the first game, with a non-standard name.
You bastard. :)
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #3795 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:56 am

Post by Korina »

Something else I can finally answer:

Why couldn’t I answer if masons could be culted? It opened more opportunities for CCS if I never confirmed it, and meant that I never explicitly had to answer anything about the cult, because with a cult, there are a lot of variations of cult leader I could be running. Also it’s really funny to watch people try to guess what I’d allow with a cult in my game LOL.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3796 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:57 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

@usesPython are you up for a game of chess now?
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3797 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:15 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 3760, Aureal wrote:
In post 3714, usesPython wrote:
In post 3012, Abnegation wrote:
In post 3010, usesPython wrote:
In post 3003, usesPython wrote: I should probably look into this but was Abne TRing Titus/Kirigiri during d1?
Jesus Christ Abnegation reads hella Traitor with her d1 posting
what would be really funny is if the mafia or the masons could recruit the wrong traitor by mistake, but that would break the game lol.
YOUUUUUUU
Yeah I saw that and it made it click right away that she was a double traitor. I couldn't pin down the exact mechanics because Rat apparently thought it would be funny to go along with her and spend the week gaslighting me, their own damn teammate, even it's obviously a terrible idea to let some random person fakeclaim mason.

So I spent the entire damn week screaming both internally and to the apathetic dead thread, trying to work out exactly how Abnegation and Rat had been recruited to a scum team. Trying to figure just how bastardly the setup had to be for the mod to lie and say scum wouldn't be in a masonry when obviously they were, which maybe meant they were culted by DE70 but wouldn't explain why I got killed.

My best guess as far as game balance went was that Abnegation didn't know she was double traitor at first until a mason died, at which point if recruited by both Mafia and mason she corrupted the remaining mason and they both joined the Mafia. And it was just a huge coincidence that she was doing all that traitor signaling to Mafia that you saw and that I died despite there being no reason for me to be targeted.

So my best guess for what was actually going on was that she was Mafia aligned the whole time, and the mod was being quite bastard with the setup and denying it. A bastard game being bastard made more sense than Rat apparently deciding to potentially game throw by allowing a fake mason claim for the lulz.

I was on vacation last week

THIS REALLY MESSED ME UP
I totally get the frustration, but there was never any game throw potential. If the plan for him to eat the kill happened, the situation would have resolved itself, but even if that didn't happen, I was never going to let the mason claim last in the Nightmare, which I would have insisted I be present for.

I am kinda kicking myself for not catching Abnegation earlier though
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3798 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:16 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 3787, Korina wrote: OH NOW I CAN FINALLY DISCUSS THIS:

Marshall came from my original homesite, ToS forum mafia. I modified the role a little bit, but Marshall from what I remember of ToSFM was a Rolestopper.

I wanted to include the name Marshall to cast some innate doubt on that slot by having it literally be the cult role from the first game, with a non-standard name.
This amuses me because I played Town of Salem a ton before discovering Forum Mafia, but never actually played on the Town of Salem Forums
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3799 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:18 am

In post 3795, Korina wrote: Something else I can finally answer:

Why couldn’t I answer if masons could be culted? It opened more opportunities for CCS if I never confirmed it, and meant that I never explicitly had to answer anything about the cult, because with a cult, there are a lot of variations of cult leader I could be running. Also it’s really funny to watch people try to guess what I’d allow with a cult in my game LOL.
didn't even matter in the end
master at being scum(my)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”