DragonEater70's Mini Normal Review, July 2023 (Released)

DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:36 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 22, DkKoba wrote: make sure to point out daytalk being always available(probably should be standardized into normal ruleset if it isn't atp huh) + the fact mafia have multitasking inherently
otherwise role PMs at a glance look good, will do a more thorough look when they're all done.
I think I did do all the PMs?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:55 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

I deleted this post to avoid confusing myself. It used to include PMs.
Last edited by DragonEater70 on Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:58 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 25, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 22, DkKoba wrote: make sure to point out daytalk being always available(probably should be standardized into normal ruleset if it isn't atp huh) + the fact mafia have multitasking inherently
otherwise role PMs at a glance look good, will do a more thorough look when they're all done.
I think I did do all the PMs?
it needs to be public info too
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:59 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

I'm confuse.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:02 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1, Alianna wrote:
Rules

-snip-
Night Actions

31. The mafia have multitasking.

32. If you do not submit a night action by the deadline, you will take no action.
33. Night actions will be resolved using Natural Action Resolution.

Private Topics

34. Any and all existing PTs have daytalk.

35. If you would like a notes PT, you may request one. You can state that you have a notes PT, but you may not attempt to use it to prove you are working from a town mindset (real or fabricated).
36. All PTs shared by two or more players will be released unredacted after the game ends. If you have a notes PT, it is up to you what you would like to do with it, and you will have the moderator privileges to do it yourself.

-snip-
something like this within your public ruleset, or in a separate post
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:03 pm

Post by DkKoba »

(the bolded)
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:04 pm

Post by DkKoba »

the reason for this is that if you do not say this, it is assumed that if mafia wish to use an ability and perform a nightkill, it will be assumed that they must have the multitasking modifier to do that.

and for talking during the day, without that it is assumed that an Encryptor must be present for the ability to speak to be available in private chats(a bit dated but still not changed as of now as far as I know)
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:28 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

I am sincerely confused because I think I did everything you asked for already, but I'll just post the final version of everything in a very neat post maybe this evening.

Btw, does the standard rolestopper block kills? Because the wiki is kinda confusing about this.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:08 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Rules:

Rules

Taken from Plotinus, who was inspired by Equinox's, Glork's and Ether's rulesets. And then there is a tiny bit from Thestatusquo just for good measure :p

important bit
  • Day 1: up to 10 days, Day 2+ up to 7 days, Night: 48 hours.
  • Mafia is multitasking by default
  • All PTs are open during both Day and Night
  • Majority eliminations
  • 36 hours before prod, 24 hours before replacement, 24 hour weekends
  • I have
    Plotinus has some unusual rules about animated GIFs, tiny text, and prodging, which I stole. Scroll down for details.
  • Don’t be a dick

1. Follow all site rules.

2. Mod colour
    – My mod colour is
    Orange
    . Don't use it.
  3. Behaviour
    - Don’t be a dick. This is a heated game but toxicity will not be tolerated. Attack the play not the player. If your fellow players tell you to stop, you must stop. If you do not stop, I will tell you to stop. If you still do not stop, you will be force-replaced. Asking people to stop voting you or to stop scumhunting you entirely doesn't count for this rule and you may find yourself eliminated if you try it.
  4. Don't talk about ongoing games
    - You may not talk to each other about this game outside of threads I have created for this purpose. You may not talk about other ongoing games in this thread.
  5. Animated GIFs
    - are of the devil, but they are permitted behind spoilers if clearly labelled as such.
  6. Tiny text
    - is also of the devil, keep it 70+ please.
  7. Provable randomness
    - is against the rules. Saying that you rolled a dice is fine, using dice tags or random.org is not.
  8. Claiming scum
    - by yourself is fine. Claiming scum with another player is against the rules.
  9. Cryptography
    - is forbidden. Breadcrumbing is okay.
  10. Confirmation
    - You have about 72 hours to confirm your role and your alignment by PM. Game will start sooner if everyone confirms. Posting in a private topic counts as confirmation.
  11. Days
    - Day 1 lasts 10 days and other days last 7 days. Extensions may be granted if there are replacements, or if the majority of players make it clear to me that an extension is desired.
  12. Activity
    - You must post at least once every 36 hours or I will Prod you. You then have 24 hours to post in the game thread or I will replace you. If you come back before I find a replacement, you can stay. The activity timers run at half-speed on weekends. Players can request me to prod somebody early. This will only count as an official prod if you don't post before you would have been due for a prod. If you haven't posted in the 24 hours before the thread is locked for night, you must reply to the night start PM or you will be replaced during the night.
  13. Vacation/Limited Access
    If you need to be absent for longer than this, you should declare
    V/LA
    in bold in the thread like this: [
    b]
    @Mod: I will be v/la until Thursday
    [
    /b]. While you are V/LA, you will be nudged once every 54 hours. Two nudges equals one prod. If you have not posted game advancing content in 5 days, regardless of V/LA status, you will be replaced.
  14. Prodging
    - A naked "prod dodge" does not reset the prod timer. To avoid being prodded/replaced for inactivity, include some game advancing content in your prodges, such as "got prodded; xxxx is still scum."
  15. Quoting
    - You may not quote (or copy paste) any private information into the thread, including your role PM and any mod communication.
  16. Voting
    - Votes must be in bold in the format VOTE: Plotinus or
    Vote: Plotinus
    . Strong preference for using vote tags instead of bold tags. Unvotes are nice but not required. If I think it’s a vote, it’s a vote, no tricks. Type [
    v]Plotinus[
    /v] to vote and [
    uv]Plotinus[
    /uv] to unvote.
  17. Elimination
    - Days end early when a simple majority of players (50% of living players + 1 rounded down) vote to eliminate somebody. If a majority is not reached at deadline or if a majority of the players vote for no elimination, the day will end without an elimination. At evens, 50% is sufficient for no elimination.
  18. Twilight
    - Begins when a majority is reached and lasts until I lock the thread. You're still alive until I flip you so you can talk in any game threads you have access to until then, but no votes or unvotes will be counted.
  19. Night
    - Night lasts at least 48 hours. The night phase can be shortened if every living player -- even those with no night actions -- agrees to it and if I'm not busy.
  20. Action submissions
    - You may submit actions via PM (if town) or PT (if scum). If the actions are not submitted by the deadline then you do nothing. You can change your mind as many times as you like before the deadline.
  21. Reminders
    - If I don't hear from you about your night actions, I'll PM you 24 hours before the deadline. This doesn't count as a prod. If I still don't hear from you, you will take no action.
  22. Play to win
    - this particular game, not some future one, and keep it fun!
  23. Have fun
    - This is not an option. Games are only good when players are having fun. If you are not having fun, replace out. There is no shame in this. I have no problem with it. You are not a bad person. Both you and the game will be happier for it.
Setup (copied from ):

Mafia:
Mafia Goon
Mafia Odd Night Rolestopper
Mafia Disloyal Doctor

Town:
1-Shot Novice Cop
Even Night Vigilante Neighbor A
Odd Night Gunsmith Neighbor A
Lazy Novice Tracker
2 Shot Complex Jailkeeper
5 Vanilla Town

PMs:

Spoiler: Goon
Mafia GoonWelcome, PLAYERNAME!

You are a
Mafia Goon
. Your partners are
BADGUY1
and
BADGUY2

You and your mafia partners share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional PT, located here, where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated and there is at least 1 surviving Mafia member, or when nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your PT.

Spoiler: Disloyal Doc
MAFIA DISLOYAL DOCTORWelcome, PLAYERNAME!

You are a
Mafia Disloyal Doctor
. Your partners are
BADGUY1
and
BADGUY2

Each Night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will be protected from one kill that night. This ability will fail if used on a member of your faction.

You and your mafia partners share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a doctor action in the same night phase. You also share a factional PT, located here, where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated and there is at least 1 surviving Mafia member, or when nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Spoiler: Rplestopper
MAFIA ODD-NIGHT ROLESTOPPERWelcome, PLAYERNAME!

You are a
Mafia Odd-Night Rolestopper
. Your partners are
BADGUY1
and
BADGUY2

On odd-numbered nights (N1, N3, etc.), you may target a player. All other actions targeting that player will fail.

You and your mafia partners share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a rolestop action in the same night phase. You also share a factional PT, located here, where you may talk at any time.

The game thread is here.

Spoiler: VT
Vanilla TownieWelcome, PLAYERNAME! You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no active abilities.

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

The game thread is here.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment.

Spoiler: Vig
EVEN NIGHT VIGILANTE NEIGHBORWelcome, PLAYERNAME! You are a
Town Even-Night Vigilante Neighbor

On even-numbered nights (N2, N4, etc.), you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will kill that player.

You are in a neighborhood with NAME. You can find the thread here. You may post there at any time.

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

The game thread is here.

Spoiler: Gunsmith
ODD-NIGHT GUNSMITH NEIGHBORWelcome, PLAYERNAME! You are a
Town Odd-Night Gunsmith Neighbor

On odd-numbered nights (N1, N3, etc.), you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn if that player has a gun. You will receive one of the following messages: "PLAYER has a gun." or "PLAYER does not have a gun."
If the action fails, you will receive "No result."

You are in a neighborhood with NAME. You can find the thread here. You may post there at any time.

The game thread is here.

Spoiler: Cop
Novice 1-shot copWelcome, PLAYERNAME! You are a
Town Novice 1-Shot Cop

Once per game, at night, but not on the first night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, I will tell you that player's alignment.

The game thread is here.

Spoiler: Jailkeeper
2-shot complex jailkeeperWelcome, PLAYERNAME! You are a
Town 2-Shot Complex Jailkeeper

Twice per game, at night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will be protected from kills for the night, but all their actions will fail. This action fails if it is used on a vanilla role.

The game thread is here.

Spoiler: Tracker
Lazy Novice TrackerWelcome, PLAYERNAME! You are a
Town Lazy Novice Tracker

At night, but not on the first night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn who that player targeted with their action that night ("PLAYER visited PLAYER"). If the target player didn't target anyone, you'll be informed of this ("PLAYER visited no one"). If the action fails, you will receive "No result." If there is only 1 member of the mafia left, you may no longer use this ability.

The game thread is here.

Last edited by DragonEater70 on Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:08 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 31, DkKoba wrote: the reason for this is that if you do not say this, it is assumed that if mafia wish to use an ability and perform a nightkill, it will be assumed that they must have the multitasking modifier to do that.

and for talking during the day, without that it is assumed that an Encryptor must be present for the ability to speak to be available in private chats(a bit dated but still not changed as of now as far as I know)
I think I have everything, can you please approve?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:12 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Hello?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:32 am

Post by DkKoba »

I haven't read thru yet and the sign-ups aren't that close to finishing, relax
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:07 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Okay.
I was actually slightly hysterical about the game being in signups, but whatevs.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:31 pm

Post by mastina »

As a secondary reviewer, I can say the role PMs look good, although I'd like to see the result PMs you intend to send for the Cop/Gunsmith/Tracker.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:53 pm

Post by DkKoba »

/pass
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:11 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 38, mastina wrote: As a secondary reviewer, I can say the role PMs look good, although I'd like to see the result PMs you intend to send for the Cop/Gunsmith/Tracker.
Uh, Okay.

Gunsmith:
"No Result."
"Result: PLAYER has a gun."
"Result: PLAYER does not have a gun."

Cop:
"No Result."
"Result: PLAYER is aligned with the mafia."
"Result: PLAYER is aligned with the town."

Tracker:
"No Result."
"Result: PLAYER visited PLAYER last night."
"Result: PLAYER didn't visit anyone last night."
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:12 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 39, DkKoba wrote: /pass
Muchos Gracias
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:30 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

btw, I don't have the ability to open a thread in the Private Topics sub-forum, nor in New York. I'm assuming I'll gain this ability once the game fills up?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:46 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 42, DragonEater70 wrote: btw, I don't have the ability to open a thread in the Private Topics sub-forum, nor in New York. I'm assuming I'll gain this ability once the game fills up?
yes
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:21 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Huh I just realized I actually messed up. The Role PM for the Gunsmith didn't specify it was Odd-Night Gunsmith.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:22 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

@Implosion can I have post-editing powers?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:23 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 45, DragonEater70 wrote: @Implosion can I have post-editing powers?

With a quote so he gets notified.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:04 pm

Post by implosion »

Done. And yeah rolestopper blocks kills.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:43 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 44, DragonEater70 wrote: Huh I just realized I actually messed up. The Role PM for the Gunsmith didn't specify it was Odd-Night Gunsmith.
Fixed this.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:54 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Question: a mafia rolestopper would also stop the factional kill, right?

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”