RED CROWN TOURNAMENT DAY ELEVEN: The Contest of the Princes

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

RED CROWN TOURNAMENT DAY ELEVEN: The Contest of the Princes

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:11 pm

Post by AniX »

Here we are, the dawn of the final day. All in All, 31 people tested their mettle in the Red Crown tournament, but there can only be one winner. And it is time to decide just who that is. As of right now, the top 11 have been locked in. These are now the only viable contestants to win the Tournament. They are, as follows:

Cook: 193
VashtaNeurotic: 141
Aureal: 135
Haschel Cedricson: 75
Schadd_: 68
Aisa: 57
Ircher: 48
GeorgeBailey: 39
Ythan: 34
T-Bone: 29
DeathRowKitty: 28

But the rest of you still have your parts to play. You have points burning a hole in your pocket. It is time to spend them. Hell, you might even want to earn more to spend more. Here are the contestants who have points left over:

the worst: 28
biancospino: 22
Aristophanes: 22
Merlyn: 19
Farren: 17
Datisi: 17
RH9: 16
tris: 15
TemporalLich: 13
N: 13
Black: 6
PenguinPower: 5
Infinity 324: 3
Gammagooey: 3
Yimmy: 2
Radical Rat: 2
Isis: 2
AniX: 1
mallowgeno: 1
Malkon05: 1
Korina: 1

CURRENT POOLS:
At the Last Minute (1/22):
AniX(1)

But WHAT do you use them for? Well, it is quite simple. If you are not in the top 11, your point are now currency, which you may spend as you wish off the following menu to enact the effects. You may select as many as you want, as often as you want, whenever you want, as long as you have the points left to do so. You may also pool your points with as many users as you’d like to go for bigger and bigger impacts. Simply post what you wish to buy and watch as your influence washes over the scoreboard:

[0 Points] I Don’t Have Time for This: Immediately transfer all your points to any other non-player user
[1 Point] Equivalent Exchange: A player of your choice gains 1 Point
[2 Points] I Don’t Care Who Wins, Only Who Loses: A player of your choice loses 1 Point
[3 Points] Take That, Buddy: A user of your choice may not pool points with other users, they may only spend their own points on their own.
[4 Points] Take That, Comrade: A user of your choice may not spend points, they may only pool their points with another user
[5 Points] Best 0 out of 1: Select a Contest entry and a user. That user’s entry does not count towards their final total. This does not change who qualifies to be a player. An entry is qualified as one point-earning occurrence (including bundles that earn more points if you do a bunch together)
[6 Points] Eternal Thursday: Select a Contest entry and a user. That user’s entry counts double towards their final total. Please note that all points earned in the Contest of the Treasurers were counted as their normal amount of points and doubled points from that will not stack with this.
[7 Points] Lock it Down: You may lock one Red Crown affiliated thread (other than this one), whether it was posted by another user or by me, for the next 11 hours.
[8 Points] Moderators Literally Are Cheating At This Game and AniX is letting Them: Double the points of a current moderator of your choice, whether they are still a player or a user who is spending points.
[9 Points] Wait, Never Mind, 8 and 9 Are Joke Entries: A moderator of your choice immediately loses all their points.
[10 Points] RUN THE NUMBERS AGAIN!: All scores, including the scores of players and other users, are compared again. A new Top 11 list will be produced from those results. Any user who was previously a player may immediately begin spending their points.
[11 Points] Power of the 11th Hour: A player of your choice gains 22 points
[22 Points] At the Last Minute: You may add another player to the list, Mr. 11th Hour, who enters the game immediately and with 111 points. This player is not affiliated with any account. They will not compete in any competitions, but they are otherwise treated as any other player including for the purposes of this Point spend Menu and for victory purposes. This immediately pushes the current player with the lowest points off the list and qualifies them to begin spending their points immediately.

Please note that all active Contests are STILL active. While users who are not in the top 11 are NOT eligible to win, they can still earn more points to spend. And obviously users still competing need all the points they can muster!
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:21 pm

Post by AniX »

I pledge my single point to creating a weapon to surpass mithal Gear, Mr. 11th Hour. Surely there is a group of someones with 21 points to add to this noble cause.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:40 pm

Post by schadd_ »

laughing and clapping my hands at the cashing in options
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: Balki B

Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:19 pm

Post by Cook »

Good evening, MafiaScum.

Okay, let's cut to the chase.
I'm starting a rebellion.
You can join it, too.

For ten days I have been shut out. Never first, always last. Or tied for one of the irrelevant positions. I am an underdog. But as of yesterday, the pentultimate day, I began my meteoric rise. And I'm not one to leave a job half-finished. As I'm sure AniX will testify, the 11th hour is not the end. There are still sixty good minutes left to put on a show. And I intend to give that show to the good people of MafiaScum. Come with me, let us fight the establishment. There will be garlic bread. There will be cookies. There will be every kind of diet and non-diet carbonated beverage. And together, we shall stand and show longtime leader Vash what it means to win at the eleventh hour.
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
Cults With Guns //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:44 pm

Post by Cook »

To my fellow Top Eleveners, if you wish to join my rebellion, feel free to collect your complementary chef hats here.

Long live the Chefhat Rebellion! To the Eleventh Hour, my friends!
Cults With Guns //

Inventor of 3d20 //
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:49 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Good evening, guys/gals/non-binary pals,

Obviously I would be grateful to have your points, but I'm not going to demand you give them to me or anything uncouth like that. I do see that we have three people with 22 points, including my beloved tag team partner. You three in particular have a ton of power tonight because you can purchase the Power of the 11th Hour twice, essentially doubling the number of points you can hand out. I look forward to seeing how everybody makes this an exciting finish to the tournament!
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:51 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 4, Cook wrote: To my fellow Top Eleveners, if you wish to join my rebellion, feel free to collect your complementary chef hats here.

Cool, I'm in to rebel by... being unable to do anything now???
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:53 pm

Post by Cook »

In post 6, Aureal wrote:
In post 4, Cook wrote: To my fellow Top Eleveners, if you wish to join my rebellion, feel free to collect your complementary chef hats here.

Cool, I'm in to rebel by... being unable to do anything now???
Rally supporters! Encourage them to spend points towards public parks! Flip a table! Make Mafiascum a better place!
Cults With Guns //

Inventor of 3d20 //
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:03 pm

Post by schadd_ »

i guess i continue to want people to give points to aisa
free darius mccollum

Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:50 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 8, schadd_ wrote: i guess i continue to want people to give points to aisa
That's not very rebellious, but I'll allow it.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:53 pm

Post by Cook »

pick up your hats! spread the word!
Cults With Guns //

Inventor of 3d20 //
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:57 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

In post 3, Cook wrote: Good evening, MafiaScum.

Okay, let's cut to the chase.
I'm starting a rebellion.
You can join it, too.

For ten days I have been shut out. Never first, always last. Or tied for one of the irrelevant positions. I am an underdog. But as of yesterday, the pentultimate day, I began my meteoric rise. And I'm not one to leave a job half-finished. As I'm sure AniX will testify, the 11th hour is not the end. There are still sixty good minutes left to put on a show. And I intend to give that show to the good people of MafiaScum. Come with me, let us fight the establishment. There will be garlic bread. There will be cookies. There will be every kind of diet and non-diet carbonated beverage. And together, we shall stand and show longtime leader Vash what it means to win at the eleventh hour.
A rebellion? Spearheaded by the.... current point leader?

Cook, you have fought well over the past 24 hours, truly a staggering amount of work devoted in the Contest of Archivists, however that was still over the past 24 hours, and if you gain victory, it will not be due the 11th hour, but the 10th.

Instead I have a rather different advocacy. I did lead this game early, that is true. I very quickly sought the blessing of Zoraster and friends I have had the pleasure of knowing throughout the years, who also were worth plenty of points. I even got the support of people I did not ask for, and for that I am grateful. But does that make me someone to rally against? Someone who believes in the value of acting quickly and decisively? Someone who knows the value of friendship? Someone who also knows the value to take a good deal when offered? (thank you for that, Haschel) No, but I also do not come here to demand anything of those to whom the power has shifted, just merely ask that if you use points, may it not be to oppose me, and if you also wish to offer your assistance, I will be grateful.

But I think there is a better course of action, a more thematic course of action. You see, the real winner of this competition should probably not be any individual, after all the goal of this competition is not really to crown a winner, but to help Mafiascum through the spirit of competition. At the heart of this game is not a person (well I suppose you could count AniX but let's not for tax purposes), it is an idea. And so, I implore those of you who can spend, to not use your points on some nailbiting competition between those of us who remain, but to support the ideal candidate. Pool your points to purchase At the Last Minute, and use the Power of the 11th Hour to seal the victory. When in doubt, do something really cool, or really funny, and that action would definitely be both.
Last edited by VashtaNeurotic on Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Bailey
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:01 pm

Post by schadd_ »

i think that giving points to aisa is the only truly rebellious act possible in this context
free darius mccollum

Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:07 pm

Post by Cook »

okay strong points from vash

but consider

really
good cheesy garlic bread. i mean this stuff is absolutely amazing

honestly you could give your points to either of us or to aisa or something but

mmm
Cults With Guns //

Inventor of 3d20 //
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:10 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 11, VashtaNeurotic wrote: But I think there is a better course of action, a more thematic course of action. You see, the real winner of this competition should probably not be any individual, after all the goal of this competition is not really to crown a winner, but to help Mafiascum through the spirit of competition. At the heart of this game is not a person (well I suppose you could count AniX but let's not for tax purposes), it is an idea. And so, I implore those of you who can spend, to not use your points on some nailbiting competition between those of us who remain, but to support the ideal candidate. Pool your points to purchase At the Last Minute, and use the Power of the 11th Hour to seal the victory. When in doubt, do something really cool, or really funny, and that action would definitely be both.
Sadly there's only 200 points in play so we cannot replace the entire leaderboard with Mr. Last Minutes. THAT would be really funny.
-furtiveglance
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:47 pm

Post by Cook »

In post 14, Aureal wrote:
In post 11, VashtaNeurotic wrote: But I think there is a better course of action, a more thematic course of action. You see, the real winner of this competition should probably not be any individual, after all the goal of this competition is not really to crown a winner, but to help Mafiascum through the spirit of competition. At the heart of this game is not a person (well I suppose you could count AniX but let's not for tax purposes), it is an idea. And so, I implore those of you who can spend, to not use your points on some nailbiting competition between those of us who remain, but to support the ideal candidate. Pool your points to purchase At the Last Minute, and use the Power of the 11th Hour to seal the victory. When in doubt, do something really cool, or really funny, and that action would definitely be both.
Sadly there's only 200 points in play so we cannot replace the entire leaderboard with Mr. Last Minutes. THAT would be really funny.
so i believe, at least
Cults With Guns //

Inventor of 3d20 //
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:51 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 0, AniX wrote: [Mr. 11th Hour] immediately pushes the current player with the lowest points off the list and qualifies them to begin spending their points immediately.
free darius mccollum

VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:00 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

Mechanically, AniX:
1. Can there be multiple Mr. 11th Hours and
2. If the lowest player has more than 111 points will they be kicked off and
3. Can Mr. 11th Hour be kicked off the list
George Bailey
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:13 pm

Post by Aureal »

It doesn't say there CAN'T be multiples. There just aren't enough points to do it. It costs 22 points, so there would need to be 242 points just to get 11 of them into play. And even more still to do the necessary point-boosting to have them overtake the people above 111 points rather than coming in pushing other 11th Hours off the board.
-furtiveglance
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:25 pm

Post by biancospino »

In post 14, Aureal wrote:
This can be worked around, as long as nobody works against. The Worst may spend 8 points to double their own points, thus passing from 22 to 28; then they may keep repeating this, thus passing from 28 to 40 to 64 etc., thus accruing an arbitrarily large amount of points. Then, once they have enough points, they may spend 2 repeatedly to get every player under 111, then produce eleven Mr. 11th-Hours.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:29 pm

Post by biancospino »

Presumably, it would actually be needed to get every player to exactly zero points before bringing out the Misters to prevent them to interfere once they are no longer players
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:44 am

Post by Radical Rat »

If we can do transactions in bulk, this is quite easy.

If we cannot... worst has a lot of posting to do
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:57 am

Post by AniX »

In post 17, VashtaNeurotic wrote: Mechanically, AniX:
1. Can there be multiple Mr. 11th Hours and
2. If the lowest player has more than 111 points will they be kicked off and
3. Can Mr. 11th Hour be kicked off the list
As written, there is no restriction on the number of new players that can be generated by that menu item.
As written, a player will be kicked off when Mr. 11th Hour joins the list, but it could be Mr. 11th Hour if he is, upon his inclusion, the lowest entry.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:13 am

Post by Aureal »

Oh, well, if we're trying to get people to actually pay attention and do things in a complex order then it's plenty doable since apparently infinite points can be generated with Power of the 11th Hour. Heck bianco, you technically should be able to do it yourself since it just says "a player of your choice" but doesn't rule out giving them to yourself. :P

And even if AniX ruled against giving points to yourself, it would just take two people working in tandem giving each other points and creating Mr. 11th Hours with them and point boosting them/taking points from leaders and boosting each other as needed.

Question is, does AniX have to approve the transactions before more can be made with the newly generated points? Because I just don't think there's nearly enough time for a long chain of transactions like that unless AniX is spending the next 12 hours staring intently at this thread constantly refreshing it. :lol:
-furtiveglance
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:19 am

Post by biancospino »

Sadly I believe only the first 11 are "players"?
So I don't think I can use power of the 11th on anyone off the top 11.
@AniX?

Return to “General Discussion”