Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4250 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:20 pm

Post by Cook »

this is how i confirmed my role pm in this game

Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
Cults With Guns //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #4251 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:21 pm

Post by xyzzy »

btw this is a first draft for a possible role template. the image and flavor text would be optional elements. designers would need to specify whether the role is multitasking, and they'd need to write a name and description for each ability (which could be as simple as copying and pasting something directly from the wiki, or as complicated as writing paragraphs and paragraphs). the line tag would delineate each ability, and other than "each ability has a name in bold" and "each ability has other stuff," I wouldn't place limits on the formatting for those if someone wants to do something really audacious.

playername
ai hoshino

damb... really makes u think about, owh, liek, cyberstalking and bullying ISN"T cool

alignment:
you are aligned with the town. you win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

vote:
during day phases, you can post in the game thread and cast a vote to eliminate another player.

multitasking:
if you have two abilities that could be activated during the same phase, you
cannot
use both.

abilities:
you have the abilities
these are my secret kids
and
the mechanics of this ability are a big spoiler for the anime oshi no ko

these are my secret kids:
during day 1, you must target two players to become your children. PM the moderator your targets. if you do not submit targets by the end of day 1,
who knows what will happen?

the mechanics of this ability are a big spoiler for the anime oshi no ko:
during night 1,
you will die.

my thinking here is that it should be totally fine for players to say, for example, "the flavor text in my role has a bunch of typos in it and there's a picture of the anime character who my role is named after. both of my abilities have long-ish names that don't tell you anything about the ability itself, and one of my abilities has some blue text in it." I'll need to think about whether there's anything that should be in this template but isn't, and I'll need to run that criteria by the list mods (hello to any list mods reading this right now). basically, I want to ensure that if a designer wants to intentionally do a theme that players could notice that the rules don't forbid players from engaging with that theme, and hopefully having this sort of framework makes that easier.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4252 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:52 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 4218, xyzzy wrote:
Ircher has died and was a mafia stoner.

player name
*#420blazeit6969xDxDstonedtothebone*

you are a
mafia stoner
! you win once no members of opposing factions are alive, or when nothing can prevent this.

you have three joints. as long as you have joints, at day you may pick another player to have a smoke sesh with that night by PMing the mod. that night you will both have a PT to smoke weed in together. the next day you will both be so stoned that you will be unable to vote anyone for the duration of the day. however if it is Lylo/Mylo the weed will not be strong enough and nobody will get baked :(

the other members of the mafia faction are PLAYER NAME, PLAYER NAME, and PLAYER NAME. you can privately communicate with them here:

as long as you are alive, during the day, you can vote and post in the game thread.

the game is over! the town has won! Amway for life!
Oh wow

I will never again let anyone dissuade me from gut reads. Can't believe my Day 1 biggest scumread for the first half of Day 1 was scum.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4253 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:53 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 4224, Skygazer wrote: It seems a little unfair that as a list mod I was allowed to submit roles for this game and also play in it
You were?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4254 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:55 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 4230, DkKoba wrote: oh i was right about ircher and they were lolbussing d1. interesting
I thought ircher was so scummy but the fact they just kept bussing basically cleared them in my eyes for no reason lol.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4255 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:56 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 4238, Cook wrote: i started getting concerned there for a bit and worked to build associatives on meuh's slot so it would at least go down with me
Smart
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4256 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:06 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Anyway

My reads were not the best this game, sorry.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #4257 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:46 pm

Post by AniX »

In post 4253, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 4224, Skygazer wrote: It seems a little unfair that as a list mod I was allowed to submit roles for this game and also play in it
You were?
They are making a humorous remark on the fact they were inducted as a listmod while the game built by listmods was in progress.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4258 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:29 pm

Post by Meuh »

gg! Thanks for modding xyzzy and Korina
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4259 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:32 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Meuh just know I wasn't scumreading you after that marathon game, your play was so different.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4260 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:34 pm

Post by Meuh »

Wondering if scum should get inherent extra kill power built into the setup, since town power spam makes the usual kill power advantage scum have kind of null
But also these scum roles were pretty weak so idk
Also not like this game needed to be super balanced, that wasn’t really the point

Pedit: :lol: I didn’t play scum super well in that marathon
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #4261 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:41 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 4257, AniX wrote:
In post 4253, DragonEater70 wrote:
You were?
They are making a humorous remark on the fact they were inducted as a listmod while the game built by listmods was in progress.
This, apologies for misleading
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4262 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:01 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Lol ok
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #4263 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:32 am

Post by T-Bone »

My design philosophy was negative utilities for all. Good job everyone.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4264 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:53 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Could you reveal your roles specifically?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #4265 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:01 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 4263, T-Bone wrote: My design philosophy was negative utilities for all. Good job everyone.
Not so negative for me!
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Yimmy
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any pronouns

Post Post #4266 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:02 am

Post by Yimmy »

hi guys. good game for town. was a really rough replacement but i probably could've done more. also totally missed a trick (my enforcer and bingle's whatever where both wiki roles with nonstandard effects. should've made me conftown >:( )
ircher played really well. i feel like by the time i was doused the game was a mechanical loss though :(
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4267 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:12 am

Post by Cook »

yeah true
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
Cults With Guns //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4268 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:46 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

oh huh was not expecting ircher to be scum in this situation

well good game then
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4269 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:55 pm

Post by implosion »

I'm happy to release them so here was my PM to xyzzy with my roles (scum one was the only one that didn't get chosen iirc?):

Spoiler:
implosion wrote: Might've uh.... overdone one of them.

player nameCongratulations! you are a
town conditional jack-of-all-trades
! you win once no members of opposing factions are alive, or when nothing can prevent this.

You have several one-shot abilities. Each ability can only be used if a particular condition was met in the previous game day.
  • Delayer: target a player. Any actions they take that night will instead resolve the following night. You may only use this if, during the previous game day, you did not make any votes and did not ever acknowledge that you did not make any votes (up to mod discretion).
  • Tracker: target a player to learn who they targeted during the night. You may only use this if you made at least five votes during the previous game day, all on different players, and each such vote was active for at least 24 consecutive hours. You must target one of those players.
  • Vigilante: target a player to kill them. You may only use this if you voted for a player in your first post of the preceding game day (which must have occurred within 24 hours of the day beginning), your vote remained on them for the entire day, and the day lasted for at least 72 hours. You may only target that player.
as long as you are alive, during the day, you can vote and post in the game thread.

player nameYou are a
town Amway consultant

You have the following abilities.

Recruitment drive:
during the day, you may quote a post (or part of a post) that someone else made, and respond with one of the following lines (without quotes):

"Have you heard about this new opportunity to make extra income?"
"I have something that could really help improve your finances."
"Do you want to learn about a secret to financial freedom?"
"I have a solution that could change your life."
"Have you ever thought about owning your own business?"
"I have a way for you to take control of your financial future."
"Do you want to secure a better future for you and your family?"
"I have a product that has helped so many people achieve their goals."
"Are you interested in learning about a unique investment opportunity?"
"I have something that could help you achieve financial independence."

If they acknowledge you after this in any way (either by commenting on what you said, quoting it, or mentioning your name in any capacity), and they are not already an Amway consultant, you will automatically create a neighborhood with them. In this neighborhood, you can offer them the ability to become an Amway consultant. If they accept, they will gain a copy of all of your abilities. The neighborhood will stay open even if they reject the offer, and if the offer has been made, they can choose to accept it at any time. This neighborhood will last until either one of you uses the
sell out and cut your losses
ability, or until they accept an offer to be an Amway consultant from someone else (in the event that multiple people have offered them). You may create up to 2 neighborhoods each game day.

Financial strain:
you may not use any abilities at night other than
, any abilities granted to you by
passive income
, and the factional kill (if relevant).

Sell out and cut your losses:
during the night, you may use this ability to leave Amway. If you do, you will lose all related abilities. If you use this, then you may not use any other abilities during that night, and you will lose your vote for the following day. Additionally, any Amway-related abilities targeting you will fail for the rest of the game.

Passive income:
for each person that you have recruited directly or indirectly (i.e., by having a chain of recruiters from you to them), you get 1 passive income. This includes players that have died, but not players that have used
. If you have enough passive income, you may use one of the following abilities at night:

If you have at least 1 passive income, you may target a player to send them a message. The message must include the word "Amway" somewhere in it.

If you have at least 3 passive income, you may target a player to create a neighborhood with them. If they are not already an Amway consultant, you may offer them the option to become one normally. If they are already an Amway consultant, this ability will fail.

If you have at least 6 passive income, you may target a player to roleblock them. Additionally, if they are not an Amway consultant, you will automatically open a neighborhood with them and recruit them as an Amway consultant.

If you have at least 10 passive income, you may target a player to kill them. If they were not an Amway consultant, you will also recruit them (and permanently earn passive income from them).

As long as you are alive, during the day, you can vote and post in the game thread.

Hello! You are a
town temporary death miller.
You win once no members of opposing factions are alive, or when nothing can prevent this.

If you die, you will flip as a random currently-living mafia member's role. When that mafia member dies, your flip will be corrected.

As long as you are alive, during the day, you can vote and post in the game thread.

Hello! You are a
mafia rolethief!
You win once no members of opposing factions are alive, or when nothing can prevent this.

Once during the day, you may target a player. You may only target a player while voting for them, and you may not target the same player twice over the course of the game. If you target a member of the mafia, nothing will happen.

That night, you will be told one randomly chosen active ability that that player can use at night. You can use that ability, and if they attempt to use that ability that night, it will fail. If they do not have any night actions, you will be told as much, but you will not have any ability to use.

the other members of the mafia faction are PLAYER NAME, PLAYER NAME, and PLAYER NAME. you can privately communicate with them here:

For the rolethief it's up to your discretion what "a randomly chosen active ability" means if it's ambiguous for a role someone else submits; for these ones, for the JoAT, it'd get an ability but probably not be able to use it (unless it happened to fulfill the corresponding post restriction the previous day). For the Amway consultant, it'd randomly get either sell out and cut your losses (which would do almost nothing, but would give them immunity to amway) or one of the passive income abilities (which would do nothing because they wouldn't have passive income). They would get the full text of just that ability. If they targeted the death miller they'd be told "PLAYER doesn't have any night actions."

It brings me great joy that the amway role wound up proliferating. Writing that role pm was kind of a fever dream of a moment.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #4270 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:50 pm

Post by AniX »

I can now reveal I fired implosion for not making my role more powerful, having psychically intuited he made it.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #4271 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:43 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 4269, implosion wrote: I'm happy to release them so here was my PM to xyzzy with my roles (scum one was the only one that didn't get chosen iirc?):

Spoiler:

You have several one-shot abilities. Each ability can only be used if a particular condition was met in the previous game day.
  • Delayer: target a player. Any actions they take that night will instead resolve the following night. You may only use this if, during the previous game day, you did not make any votes and did not ever acknowledge that you did not make any votes (up to mod discretion).
  • Tracker: target a player to learn who they targeted during the night. You may only use this if you made at least five votes during the previous game day, all on different players, and each such vote was active for at least 24 consecutive hours. You must target one of those players.
  • Vigilante: target a player to kill them. You may only use this if you voted for a player in your first post of the preceding game day (which must have occurred within 24 hours of the day beginning), your vote remained on them for the entire day, and the day lasted for at least 72 hours. You may only target that player.

player nameYou are a
town Amway consultant

Recruitment drive:
during the day, you may quote a post (or part of a post) that someone else made, and respond with one of the following lines (without quotes):

If they acknowledge you after this in any way (either by commenting on what you said, quoting it, or mentioning your name in any capacity), and they are not already an Amway consultant, you will automatically create a neighborhood with them. In this neighborhood, you can offer them the ability to become an Amway consultant. If they accept, they will gain a copy of all of your abilities. The neighborhood will stay open even if they reject the offer, and if the offer has been made, they can choose to accept it at any time. This neighborhood will last until either one of you uses the
ability, or until they accept an offer to be an Amway consultant from someone else (in the event that multiple people have offered them). You may create up to 2 neighborhoods each game day.

Financial strain:
passive income

during the night, you may use this ability to leave Amway. If you do, you will lose all related abilities. If you use this, then you may not use any other abilities during that night, and you will lose your vote for the following day. Additionally, any Amway-related abilities targeting you will fail for the rest of the game.

Passive income:
for each person that you have recruited directly or indirectly (i.e., by having a chain of recruiters from you to them), you get 1 passive income. This includes players that have died, but not players that have used
. If you have enough passive income, you may use one of the following abilities at night:

If you have at least 1 passive income, you may target a player to send them a message. The message must include the word "Amway" somewhere in it.

If you have at least 3 passive income, you may target a player to create a neighborhood with them. If they are not already an Amway consultant, you may offer them the option to become one normally. If they are already an Amway consultant, this ability will fail.

If you have at least 6 passive income, you may target a player to roleblock them. Additionally, if they are not an Amway consultant, you will automatically open a neighborhood with them and recruit them as an Amway consultant.

If you have at least 10 passive income, you may target a player to kill them. If they were not an Amway consultant, you will also recruit them (and permanently earn passive income from them).

Hello! You are a

If you die, you will flip as a random currently-living mafia member's role. When that mafia member dies, your flip will be corrected.

Hello! You are a
mafia rolethief!

Once during the day, you may target a player. You may only target a player while voting for them, and you may not target the same player twice over the course of the game. If you target a member of the mafia, nothing will happen.

That night, you will be told one randomly chosen active ability that that player can use at night. You can use that ability, and if they attempt to use that ability that night, it will fail. If they do not have any night actions, you will be told as much, but you will not have any ability to use.

For the rolethief it's up to your discretion what "a randomly chosen active ability" means if it's ambiguous for a role someone else submits; for these ones, for the JoAT, it'd get an ability but probably not be able to use it (unless it happened to fulfill the corresponding post restriction the previous day). For the Amway consultant, it'd randomly get either sell out and cut your losses (which would do almost nothing, but would give them immunity to amway) or one of the passive income abilities (which would do nothing because they wouldn't have passive income). They would get the full text of just that ability. If they targeted the death miller they'd be told "PLAYER doesn't have any night actions."

It brings me great joy that the amway role wound up proliferating. Writing that role pm was kind of a fever dream of a moment.
oh nvm i wasn''t in tbone's pile... cheers for the role, was very useful on me
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4272 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:31 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 4270, AniX wrote: I can now reveal I fired implosion for not making my role more powerful, having psychically intuited he made it.
:lol:
In post 4269, implosion wrote: I'm happy to release them so here was my PM to xyzzy with my roles (scum one was the only one that didn't get chosen iirc?):

Spoiler:

player nameYou are a
town Amway consultant

Recruitment drive:

Financial strain:
passive income

Passive income:

Hello! You are a

Hello! You are a
mafia rolethief!

Wow that mafia role thief would be kinda cool to have in the game.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #4273 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:03 am

Post by T-Bone »

Mine were Traitor, Treevivor, Firebug, and Loan Shark