Micro 1091 - Office Hours (The Curve Mafia PT)

Forum for old private topics
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:48 am

Post by Dunnstral »

OK I am taking the 1-shot doctor claim. Do you want to think of a different claim for you later?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:29 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

SirCakez is hinting at a role, RH9 slot claimed VT. If you claimed VT you would be the 4th VT claim. I'm not going anywhere with this really, just something to consider.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:10 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1036, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: you know what would be wild

if there's a scum tracker and town tracker and they targetted each other

as in luke thinks his target is protecting him but really his target is tracking him tracking his target

truly some law school shenanigans
:shifty:
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:12 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1072, RH9 wrote: P-edit: TBH Beholder is a rare enough role that if Dunn actually is it, I'm going to question if it's a trueclaim.
:shifty:
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:59 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

RH9 is lining this up for us
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:40 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

will be interesting to see what Cakez claims, I figured a VT claim was safest as town already knows there's too many PR/named roles claimed out there. I'm still playing to potentially go down toDay or toMorrow and I think you will have a relatively easy time selling Cakez as my partner. Pooky I think is the biggest threat remaining it's impressive he immediately clocked you as a scum tracker but fortunately I don't think the rest of the town will listen, at least not now. I'd probably try to get rid of him before 3p tho, a Cakez/Meuh/Dunn 3p seems ideal
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:41 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Cakez implied he's not really a visiting PR given he seemed to know Luke didn't track him, so not sure what he will claim but I doubt he's a night time threat. if he claims BP that might be a soft 'CC' to your role so we may have to be flexible to get rid of him today
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:11 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

how would you feel if I speed hammered RH9 if he gets to E-1

I won't do it on Cakez since I think we should try to save him but if I see an opportunity to end D2 quickly on RH9 I might take it even if it means I for sure go down the next day. or do you think we need to manipulate the gamestate more?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:16 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I think if RH9 reaches e-1 it will be when people are sure they want to eliminate them. You can quickly hammer sure, but you don't have to claim mafia to do so.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:53 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I feel like I'm gambling a bit by balking at the easy Ali vote but I think we're setting ourselves up pretty well now, this has been a productive D2

I think either of Meuh/Cakez/Alisae will be mislimmable if we play our cards right regardless of whichever of Meuh/Alisae goes today

the main thing we're gonna have to worry about is Cakez RBing correctly, I am pretty sure he slipped that he holstered his shot when he knew Luke didn't have a track result on him. so we're gonna have to think hard and outguess him on who he's most likely to block
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:57 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

although assuming we get a miselim today then even in the worst case world where one of us gets correctly RB'd, we can always try to claim he purposefully didn't kill as a gambit for a game winning miselim
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:35 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

We have the option of no killing tonight and letting the tracker and roleblocker use their limited power. Plus the roleblocker has a chance of being on a town player.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:37 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

oh that's also an interesting idea

I kinda want Luke out of the game just because he's unlimmable but the spiciness it would cause if Cakez RBs a town player is tempting

I guess the big risk though is Luke tracks Cakez to one of us, it would be hard to explain that where we're town even in the event we intentionally no kill lol. I'll think about it
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:18 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

What are you thinking for night actions?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:32 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I've been thinking a lil bit but not 100% sure yet, here are my thoughts

while we are in a good spot in terms of the number of players who are still miselimmable, I am feeling it's actually more precarious than it seems because if you flip then it is going to soft clear Cakez, maybe Meuh, due to the setup spec as well it's going to look pretty incriminating on me. whereas if I flip I think that just kinda confirms the "one scum in GL/RH9" theory that a lot of people were picking up on and I feel you have a decent shot at endgame in a number of 3p scenarios.

so with that said, I think the worst possible outcome - the 'risk of ruin', as it were - is if Cakez decides to RB you and there is no kill. even if we gambit and no kill, I would still hate for Cakez to RB you and see that as a guilty. I think we'd have to try to turn it into a 1v1 vs you and Cakez and argue he's gunning for a game winning miselimination that day. it's probably still winnable but it's the situation that scares me the most

so I think if we kill tonight, then it should be me to do the action so there is no universe where you are guiltied. and I don't really see much downside in killing Luke, virtually every other slot may be a potential miselim but Luke is not going to be eliminated at this point and if he latches onto us it is going to be harder to talk him off than it would be to fight with anybody else.

so I think we can be pretty conservative and have me kill Luke, it feels like a safe play and the worst case scenario is that I am RB'd and we have to play around me vs Cakez and me potentially going down.

the only thing I'm concerned with killing Luke is that I think Pooky will step up and be a threat tomorrow, he's been saying he only sees scum!Cakez with catboi slot and now that it flipped town if he lock TRs Cakez we're gonna have to get him on Meuh
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:21 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Actually I just had one more thought

Why would I do the kill if my partner was claimed miller?

I think me getting roleblocked and flipped would be a risk of soft clearing both Meuh and Pooky if anybody follows the Miller logic through, setting you up to 1v1 Cakez regardless, so maybe being afraid of that 1v1 is not a good reason to play around making it impossible to guilty you. I will sleep on this. Cakez has also been TRing you and you could theoretically have a doc shot so the odds of him RBing you may be low in general.

Mainly im just thinking all paths to winning this game require either winning tomorrow outright or limming Cakez in 3p

Also I think you know this already but if im flipped you can always point to me asking you about claiming 1 shot as an atrempt to fish whether you had another shot or not
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:31 am

Post by Dunnstral »

We also have to watch out for the tracker if we act tonight
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:12 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I guess not since we would be killing them.

But Lukewarm could track SirCakez if we leave them alive.

So I guess we should kill Lukewarm today. I'm leaning towards having me perform the kill.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:21 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

yes that's also a good point we don't want a tracker soft inno on Cakez

if you think you should make the kill I think I've talked myself into being on board with that

if SirCakez blocks you we can try to go all in on limming him for the win, though I think that's the most difficult scenario, especially if Luke also tracks SirCakez

in fact yeah I think that's the most likely path where we lose the game, is Luke tracks SirCakez to you who blocks the kill. but I am sensing that's still ultimately better than the world where all that happens but on me instead
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:36 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Dunnstral kills Lukewarm

Dunnstral tracks SirCakez
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:52 am

Post by fferyllt »

Dunnstral kills Lukewarm
Dunnstral tracks SirCakez

Acknowledged!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:39 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

yeee let's get this bread
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:40 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I will try to generally pay attention to the game to be around to quick hammer,

if you see an opportunity to QH and I haven't posted yet post in here your availability at that time and we can coordinate it, I'll do the same
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:36 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

If you wanted to randomly be spicy you could also claim 2 shot and that you tried to protect Luke last night lol

Totally up to you obviously but would throw some extra chaos into the mix
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:26 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

SirCakez targeted Pooky