biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
Pronoun: he/she

Mini Normal 2311 | AnimatedWiz's Notes PT

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:44 pm

Post by biancospino »

You have moderation powers over this PT; you can edit your posts here if you so wish.
You are obviously
NOT
allowed to change the permissions of this PT until the game is over.

You
may
quote from anywhere
into
this PT; you
may not
from
this PT to anywhere.
You
may
draft posts here provided you clearly mark your intention to do so.
You
may not
state or imply to possess a Notes PT, nor (falsely) state or imply that you don't possess one.
Last edited by biancospino on Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:58 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Thank you for this privilege.

I’m just going to use this to document my thoughts to hopefully make my first game a little easier to keep track of (and for future me to look back on and see how I’ve grown).

If you want to quote this or make it available to everyone after, that’s fine by me.
Hi, I'm Annie! Please have patience with me—I am disabled.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:13 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Um, so I’m currently unsure of how to feel about Passenger, and by extension ZZZX and Not_Mafia. Passenger seems to be chainsawing ZZZX, I think? There’s certainly the possibility of him being scum and trying to defend me to earn my trust, with ZZZX being an easy scapegoat (if I extrapolate this, he could even be hoping to link us so that either of us flips it could mislead the Village about the other one’s alignment). He could be a genuine Villager just scumreading ZZZX, but I doubt I can trust him at this point regardless—I still need to keep my reads open with so little to go off of.

ZZZX reads mostly just like a Villager having fun with a random vote to me—nothing personal, nothing particularly nefarious, but as always I have barely any information to back that up.

Notably, Not_Mafia has done the same thing Passenger was harping on ZZZX for, having jumped onto the ZZZX wagon second, all while cloaking it in the humor of replicating an earlier post. I really do not trust Not_Mafia at this point—medium scumread for sure. Again, could be someone having fun during random voting, but my gut is unsettled when I think about their post.

Worrying, my two scumreads are currently semi-defending me right now—yikes!

P.S. BlueSnakelet, like everyone else, is hard to read. With just about 2 posts per player 14 or so hours in, obviously everyone is particularly hard to read this game, but considering its vote for me, I should likely try to figure its deal out.

It’s almost certainly just a random vote that won’t last for more than 72 hours, but being careful never hurt anyone—worst case, I can find out if they are scumreading me, and if so, why.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:22 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I would like to say I have a particularly deep strategy, but as a regular Villager I mostly just have to use my intuition and logic to figure out who’s who. I would reasonably like to not die, but if I’m an early nightkill I can rest happy that a power role can survive longer (and perhaps be honored that I was considered notable enough to kill).

I don’t want to make a lot of enemies, especially since my name is currently on the chopping block, but I would hate to have died having not said what information I had—being useful then dead is better than useless and alive, in my opinion.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:54 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Hm, I’m currently feeling a bit of obfuscation about Not_Mafia. While others in the thread have claimed that they’re always hard to read, it feels like they’re actively trying to be be hard to read here. Even if they’re on my side, it’s a bit frustrating to try to figure out—and the fact that I think they’re not on my side makes it even more trouble.

In post 63, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 56, BlueSnakelet wrote:
In post 51, ZZZX wrote: Are you scum NM? My gut is tingling and questioning you right now. Mostly probably becuase you are the only one here i have any semblence of an ability to read here currently.

VOTE: NM
You're in trouble if Not_Mafia is the one player you think you can read.
Agreed. What makes you think you can read him?

However, Hu Tao also seems to be obfuscating a bit, both for themself and for Not_Mafia. Perhaps they’re just not a morning person, but they were just really resistant (perhaps hostile, even) to the suggestion that they discuss a read. If they didn’t have any, why not just say that (unless they were worried it looked bad to not have any). They’ve given me little to work with, since they have about 4 posts, with only 2 full sentences to analyze, but it feels like it’s on purpose.

For now, I think I’m leaning towards scum, but I admit a doubt to thinking Hu Tao and Not_Mafia would be so bold to defend each other like this on Day 1 if they both were scumteam. Maybe Hu Tao is simply defending themselves since Not_Mafia is also being hard to read? I’ll have to keep that cooperation in mind.

P.S. @ZZZX

Spoiler:
Last edited by AnimatedWiz on Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:07 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Hm… I feel unsure about Hu Tao still. She and Not_Mafia might just be like that, but the fact that she’s come to their defense twice is notable—even if it’s realistically just two instances of the same argument being defended against.

I also need to pay attention to how BlueSnakelet and ZZZX have both voted together twice—again, rather scant evidence (an n=2 is barely an n worth anything), but still a pattern I can try to follow later on.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:04 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Oh goodness. I didn’t think we’d have a quickhammer like that, but I suppose Not_Mafia was
literally
asking for it. Shame to lose a Villager this early, and to end the first day with the only real information being me seen as town-leaning.

If my predictions are correct, I am at serious risk of being night-killed due to that, but hopefully they see me as not a major threat due to my inexperience, or perhaps as too obvious a target for a Doctor?

I just wish I had spoken up before the elimination about my noticing of BlueSnakelet and ZZZX voting together, but I didn’t want to appear as if I was dominating the conversation. I’m sure people will notice that pair though—I know heipizhu4 mentioned analyzing voting pairs earlier during Day 1, after all.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:57 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

If my theory is correct, Not_Mafia chose to bait a quickhammer to cast suspicion on whoever enacted it, thinking it would result in an easy target for investigate roles the night after. Since since they were a Villager, we didn’t lose any special abilities either, and to them this might’ve seemed like a good risk to take—either no one takes the bait and we get information through those votes, or someone does take the bait and we get a target to focus on.

That does make me wonder: what does that make Random Nurse—a Villager fed up with the shenanigans, or a Mafia hoping to capitalize on the bold play? I mean, he’s only said one game-related thing, which was that killing vote—I don’t think I trust him as a result.

Perhaps he’s practicing a tactic of not providing any information similar to how I thought Not_Mafia was acting? I need to find out more, but at least we’ll likely have one or two people with info on him come daytime.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:29 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Amazing news: I'm alive!

Unfortunately, we lost Hu Tao, but at least they were only a Villager and not a power role. They seemed rather careful and thorough, which is a shame to lose (even if I was unsure of their alignment). I think Day 2 should be easier if I take care to not allow a wagon to grow too fast—that's how we lost Not_Mafia
and
most of Day 1's time, after all.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:48 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Sheesh, Random Nurse is really prickly about us being upset over the quickhammer. I feel like while Random Nurse makes a good point about not allowing what Not_Mafia did, he's pre-emptively calling anyone who continues to point out the quickhammer scummy. He's acting really forceful, but I'm unsure how the rest of the Village will react—considering that Hu Tao was nightkilled, I wonder if she was targeted for standing her ground and being forceful herself.

I doubt Random Nurse will be nightkilled for two main reasons: he's too useful as a shield or he's a Werewolf. He certainly could be trying to push everyone around with some level of plausible deniability in order to keep our D2 elimination on someone else—if we pick another Villager off then, it's almost certainly ELo D3. I do need to try to find a good balance here with Random Nurse—enough ebb so I don't needlessly annoy him and tunnel, but enough flow to not back down and forget about the quickhammer entirely. It'll be quite frustrating to correctly manage, but I feel like my choices will also depend on how others in the group react.

This conflict could be a good way to gather info—even if everyone backs down, it's still useful to know that most people are keeping their heads low and that I need to be louder to compensate. However, if people do continue to berate Random Nurse, it would be great to see
how
people are arguing, even if I might have to direct people to leave it alone for a bit so we don't ignore everyone else (though perhaps someone tunnelling on Random Nurse could be trying to divert attention from themselves).
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:09 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I feel… so immensely frustrated. It feels like about half of the others are actively running interference on me, and obviously they can’t all be Wolves or else we’d have been endgamed already.

Random Nurse seems to be painting me as the Village Idiot (which I sure hope I’m not) while actively encouraging another quick day. I think he could be scum and is perhaps discrediting me to try to silence one of the few people advocating for slowing down. I’m unsure if he’s actively trying to frustrate me to keep me down or he’s just naturally abrasive.

BlueSnakelet is just… some weird mix of trying to egg on everyone to quickhammer while also trying to work with me on getting information? I feel like it’s someone trying to get me on its side (since I seem to be widely townread), but I can’t understand why they think I’d be keen to do so—I know so little about them and have been repeatedly questioning them.

TheHoldSteady repeatedly pops in, says something interesting and then leaves for a while. He seems lurky, but I can’t ignore the fact that he does make a real impact, even if it’s just a full reads list. Does seem to be buying into the prevailing narrative of antagonizing each other through votes in hopes of some progress, though. Definitely against BlueSnakelet, though.

ZZZX seems to be staying silent mostly, despite constantly collaborating with BlueSnakelet—I did point that out, but it doesn’t seem to have made too many waves at the time. Notably, he did comment about the lack of activity—likely just an honest aside, but possibly an attempt to further discourage participation for an easy scum game?

Passenger seems to be a detractor of Random Nurse, but is also quite quiet. He did vote TheHoldSteady recently without much of an explanation, so I think he’s also up to cause more conflict.

I actually would say heipizhu4 is the one person I feel I can confidently townread—not talking often either, but is saying a lot of things I agree with and is explaining a lot. To be fair, he did say that my playstyle reminds him of how he used to play, so that likely explains the affinity.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:22 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

JacksonVirgo has replaced heipizhu4, and honestly I feel like my townread on that spot is strengthened by their wave of analysis—and not
only
because they were complimentary of my abilities. They seem to be quite active and convincing, since TheHoldSteady has now unvoted their spot and is also furiously typing away as I speak. I think this could be a real renaissance for this game—we could actually end the game with more than 10 pages of discussion!

However, JacksonVirgo is tunnelling, and claiming that it's really Passenger... but doesn't that claim help defend JacksonVirgo's Neighbor claim? I do trust them, but at the same time their back was just against the wall and now they're pushing the blame onto someone else, which worries me. If Passenger flips Villager, we might be in true danger come D3.

P.S. It was nice to find out that Random Nurse was mostly just interested in getting information on my previous games—still rather abrasive, but it seems to just be a tactic to get what he wants and to discourage people to disobey his requests. I need to remember that people aren't necessarily always against me, and that helping fulfill requests can give others the information necessary to help clear my name.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:16 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Everything is so quiet now—the town core of Jackson Virgo, TheHoldSteady, and I is talking a decent amount, but no one else has said too much the last few days. I hope we hear from them soon, but it just reads as suspicious to me that they’ve not really said a lot since being accused (ZZZX has going V/LA as an reasonable excuse, though).

As much as I’d like to wait for responses, I don’t think there’s much point currently if they’ll likely continue this behavior. Go girl, give us nothing.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:59 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 407, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 405, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 404, Random Nurse wrote: Odd. My gut is pinging on AnimatedWiz. Can't place it, but it's what my gut is telling me at the moment.
Oh? I know you say you can’t place it but I would be curious to know why as I’ve pinned him as Town pretty confidently
He just feels a bit too calm, too aggreeable, too civil, and too passive and peace-keeper-ish.

Random Nurse really just came out of nowhere with this, which both made me really worried and also laugh a little—getting accused of being scum because I’m too nice and logical is… really funny for an outsider looking in, but I get the reasoning based on what I’ve read on the wiki about theory.

It’s kind of odd though—all the Town guides on the wiki are very clear that an easy way to get a good townread is to look at the people who don’t seem to care too much about how much they’re perceived, which is hard for someone like me who takes medication for that same issue in meatworld. I really need to make sure I’m not giving off too many scummy vibes while
also
not caring too much about that same thing. Ugh, so difficult!
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:30 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Well shoot—it wasn’t Passenger.

It’s definitely either JacksonVirgo or BlueSnakelet—just too hard to believe all three Neighbors would be Villagers. If we’re lucky, one will be nightkilled (giving us just one target to choose), but it would be a shame to have JacksonVirgo leave us.

Likely, Random Nurse or TheHoldSteady will be the targets due to their power role claims, but we’ll have to see how it turns out in the end.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:12 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

The way I see it, TheHoldSteady will likely be targeted tonight for the nightkill, and either survives (almost certainly proving his Doctor claim) or doesn’t (eliminating him as a suspect)—there’s a significant chance that Random Nurse will be targeted instead, though.

I’m unsure who TheHoldSteady would target, as it probably depends on who he targeted yesterday and if he follows Passenger’s N2 prediction or not, but there’s a decent chance he gets it right.

Random Nurse is almost certainly checking me or ZZZX since we have no excuses for showing a positive result, and are therefore truly confirmable one way or the other (though a check on TheHoldSteady would is possible, though ill-advised in my opinion).

If my predictions are correct, there are a few basic plans to follow based on what we find waiting for us D3.

A. If no one was nightkilled, we trust that TheHoldSteady and whoever he claims as a target are Villagers (probably either himself or Random Nurse).

B. If Random Nurse survives and reports a positive result on ZZZX, we eliminate ZZZX and hope we were right to trust Random Nurse. If A is true and TheHoldSteady targeted Random Nurse, we have more reason to trust him here (as it’s unlikely the traitors would skip a nightkill with the numbers at 2/4).

C. If B isn’t true, we eliminate one of the two Neighbors (likely the worst) and hope we picked the right one. It’s unlikely that both of them
and
Passenger are all Villagers, after all.

D. Even if A is true and we miseliminate, we almost certainly still lose come D4, as TheHoldSteady will likely have spoken truthfully about who they targeted the night before, thus letting the scum know who to target.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:11 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

So, now everyone sans ZZZX is fighting over who’s lying and who’s obfuscating, and gosh this is exhausting to keep up with.

JacksonVirgo is a prolific poster, but it feels almost designed to bury arguments in half a page of single-paragraph posts—can’t read the opposing side if they’re not on the most recent page, after all. Unsure if this is truly the case, but my town read on them has all but evaporated at this point.

Random Nurse is just as laconic as ever, refusing to say much other than that I’m not on the scumteam and that no one else is to be trusted.

the worst seems nice but is really, really trying to sell that JacksonVirgo is scummy, either with Random Nurse or ZZZX, and it does come off as a bit desperate (to be fair, they did inherit a very bad situation the middle of n2, though).

And I have to pick between all of these lousy options.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:22 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Well, we finally got an elimination right—finally!

JacksonVirgo seems to be extremely untrusting of my ability to not just tunnel on them, so that's not amazing. Hopefully the two-day break will help them get into a better, less negative headspace (both so we can work together better and also just so they can feel better), but we'll just have to see how that turns out come D4.

ZZZX is the most likely remaining Werewolf, though I admit my curiosity about the Informed modifier the worst had makes me wonder how complicated this set-up could be. Still, I can't discount his previous work with BlueSnakelet, which just makes everything even more complicated.

Random Nurse seems to be fully on my side, which is nice—shame one of us will die this Night, but at least I have confidence that one of us will likely make the right decision on D4.

I can't really do much now but wait, unfortunately.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:31 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I'm glad JacksonVirgo feels better and is willing to try come D4—however, I will truly, truly be upset if they turn out to be scum after this whole bit:

Spoiler:
In post 855, JacksonVirgo wrote: I would like to start by saying that I am extremely good and especially consistent at scum, I know that's probably going to come full swing and bite me in the ass but I am not one to make myself appear paired so obviously. Any scum worth their weight in gold would cut their losses and push their confirmed scum partner, but I didn't. I pushed against it because of the long-game (today, me vs zzz that I don't believe I'd win because of your reads), do you think scum of my caliber (I hate sounding this stuck up, please get my intention) would actually pair this hard on a scum partner that was 100% going out? I feel that's quite an insult to my skill to assume such a thing

Now we just wait for ZZZX to post their defense, and then I have the unenviable position of having to decide between them. Here's hoping it's not too difficult to pick the scum out!
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:48 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I admit, I don’t feel like I can trust JacksonVirgo at all any more. It feels like they’re antagonizing me, even when they know I’m confirmed town—I get that it’s a frustrating situation to be in, but gosh, it’s like they’re actively attempting to mess up my emotions. I mean, it could be an emotional ploy to make me rash and act hasty, but even if it’s genuine it’s making me so much less willing to vote for ZZZX instead.

JacksonVirgo says they’re a great scum player, but then they seem to claim that they’re not that amazing as town, and also somehow I’m in dreamland with my theory and they’re on Earth (despite my theory being possible and not that unlikely). I just… I partly want to eliminate them as a policy elimination at this point—my gut tells me it’s them anyway, but I’m getting very fed up at this point.

I want to do my best at the end here, but I don’t think JacksonVirgo is helping me do that.

…I hope they really are the Werewolf.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:13 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Oh my god, I think Alianna is evil incarnate. As soon as I voted I just quietly laid on the floor and waited for the topic lock… and now I have to wait even longer while it feels like there’s a community theatre rendition of “The Telltale Heart” going on inside my chest.

AHHHHHH
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:01 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 20, AnimatedWiz wrote: Oh my god, I think Alianna is evil incarnate. As soon as I voted I just quietly laid on the floor and waited for the topic lock… and now I have to wait even longer while it feels like there’s a community theatre rendition of “The Telltale Heart” going on inside my chest.

AHHHHHH
I almost feel bad.
Almost.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 23
On hiatus from playing mafia.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:41 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I... have no idea how to release this, but if either of y'all could do that I would
really
appreciate it.

Thank you again for running this, by the way! It was fun. c:
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:53 pm

Post by biancospino »

In post 22, AnimatedWiz wrote: I... have no idea how to release this, but if either of y'all could do that I would
really
appreciate it.

Thank you again for running this, by the way! It was fun. c:
Done. Anyway, to change perms you just have to edit the OP
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:54 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Oh, thank you for explaining! You were a big help to me when it came to learning how to format anything here.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”