they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

i procrastinated opening this dead thread

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:00 pm

Post by xyzzy »

sorry it took one hundred thousand years. please feel free to discuss my crimes
Last edited by xyzzy on Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:03 pm

Post by xyzzy »

spoiler: this game does, in fact, have a mechanic by which dead players can come back as treestumps. i keep thinking "okay it's definitely impossible for that to happen," but also there have been so many parts of this game where i have been like "i definitely know all the things that could happen here from a mechanical perspective" and every single time something weird happens
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:03 pm

Post by xyzzy »

so. i procrastinated because i desperately did not want to fuck it up by giving someone early access
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:23 pm

Post by DkKoba »

nice.
also i am kinda annoyed ppl think i died with a legacy of cook town when i specifically said cook probably scum in both aureal town and scum worlds lol

fwiw i dont regret killing aureal bc their role talk was choking the thread state and ppl were just playing amway + i dont get why ppl arent looking at who bingle hooded as a traitor ??
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:26 pm

Post by DkKoba »

they should flip cook and if its scum then whoever bingle was in a hood with is basically clear lol
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:34 pm

Post by xyzzy »

something i believed on some level before going in was that i would get a setup that i could fully parse once i had the whole thing available to me. and that's probably true for a lot of setups where you design it yourself: you may not figure out all the intentions beforehand, but you know broadly speaking how each role should function, and importantly, the precise wording of each role PM is a thing you had a hand in. once you get handed a bunch of roles that other people designed, you suddenly have to start asking yourself questions like, okay, this Amway recruitment ability doesn't say it targets a player, and it doesn't function in the way that a targeting action would, and the role has other abilities that *do* target, and those are clearly a thing where you're sending an action to the moderator. so i guess the recruitment isn't an ability that targets a player, which means if someone gets it who has restrictions on who they can target, then that ability ignores those restrictions? sure. that works. but then this other PM mentions that it can't be "recruited into the main faction." what's the main faction. like, i don't think Amway is a faction, but it's a judgment call, right? it turns out running a game like this involves making way more rulings on the fly about what feels correct.

my next game is gonna be a veiled committee mini theme, and i an appointing myself one of the designers. i have tentatively designed roles, and i look forward to potentially creating an enormous headache for myself. i also have a truly fucked up idea for how i might run a veiled committee upick. that being said, i do not want to claim ownership over this concept. there's endless variations on how you could have a setup designed this way, and i could not possibly do all of them in a hundred years, so if you're reading this and thinking "hey this sounds like a truly nightmarish experience, i'd like to try it out," then by all means run with it. that being said, i'm gonna work on figuring out a format that works for eliminating the issue around discussing specific formatting that isn't just "get a blanket approval every single time i run one of these," so lemme know if you have thoughts on that. personally, i am fully in favor of players trying to suss out which groups of roles match each other, and i think it's fun to let designers lean into that. like when i ran the original incarnation of this premise, non-reviewed game, one of the roles was "John, a town Shootsmith!" and the role PM started "oh man! you're John, a town Shootsmith!" i can't recall if there was any attempt to piece together the game using who submitted what, but that was also self evidently probably not designed by the person who just submitted "mafia 1-shot neighborizer encryptor: can only use 1 shot of neighborizing" as one of their roles. personally, i think that's a unique aspect of this that is worth leaning into, and i would love to receive a set of roles from somebody where one of them is super obviously intended to look like another one of the designers wrote it and for the players to have to deal with that fact

oh also: Bingle was not an Amway consultant yet when those alleged recruitments happened! for that sort of role change, i would always, always rule that you do not have whatever new abilities are being granted by someone else's actions until i personally confirm that you have them. i told Bingle this via PM, so i think this is all an elaborate ploy. once 24 hours have officially passed and i'm definitely in the clear to let Bingle in, we can finally get the full answer regarding any possible ploys. all that to say: Bingle was only ever in the one hood but did a pretty good job convincing everyone that that was due to mechanical reasons, and now that that's "disproven," it's probably gonna get weird
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:41 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i would hazard to guess that my flip being the traitor was the most + for town info at least.traitor changes the dynamics of how spew works and it could have screwed people's solves up immensely.

scum cant kill meuh now bc it'll expose another role and scum have to remove a night action role

very nice.

I looked back and saw bingle didnt actually get to neighborize anyone so that is good for town that they didnt get to contact eachother.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:41 pm

Post by DkKoba »

it is funny that the traitor did not have a clause where scum lose if theyre the only one remaining, which implies that if they are solo they can win the game in nightless mode
retired
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:48 pm

Post by xyzzy »

oh btw something i noticed early on but after the game had started that was very much a judgment call: the Amway PM says that you gain all your recruiter's abilities, not all of their Amway abilities. 100% of the time i will always rule in favor of not having the game be trivially broken by bullshit, and "stack all the abilities onto each other so we can definitively check everyone's claims and also somehow everyone has access to the factional mafia kill????" is bullshit
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:49 pm

Post by xyzzy »

also god it would be so funny if somehow Meuh could die tonight. tragically it's not meant to be, but it would be hilarious
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:53 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 8, xyzzy wrote: oh btw something i noticed early on but after the game had started that was very much a judgment call: the Amway PM says that you gain all your recruiter's abilities, not all of their Amway abilities. 100% of the time i will always rule in favor of not having the game be trivially broken by bullshit, and "stack all the abilities onto each other so we can definitively check everyone's claims and also somehow everyone has access to the factional mafia kill????" is bullshit
ah true MLM fashion.

the flip was kinda underwhelming like it was being sold like it was some super awesome OP role but it literally did nothing except waste discussion time while being a glorified joat
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:54 pm

Post by DkKoba »

was meuh's role and my role part of the same listmod? the synergy was awesome.
retired
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:02 pm

Post by xyzzy »

nope!! actually it's incredible how completely wrong every attempt to work out who designed what has been. Ranger's list has, like, a single correct piece of information on it
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:19 am

Post by Korina »

Ego
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:32 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i think theta should use their ability on bingle even tho hes mafia bc it will not have a vote but it proves the ability exists.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:32 pm

Post by DkKoba »

since it is a role that investigates as town but is mafia
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:14 pm

Post by DkKoba »

do u need help getting a flip out?
retired
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:28 am

Post by Korina »

Bingle wasn't added to this PT but will be sent a link soon.

DragonEater70, Yimmy, and Theta Alpine will be joining us as soon as I finish the flips!
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:46 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Haven't read all dead thread yet, I'm probably very interested in what Koba has to say, but my investigation turned up with "no result" which is weird since I was nightkilled so what's the point of even blocking me.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:47 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 3, DkKoba wrote: nice.
also i am kinda annoyed ppl think i died with a legacy of cook town when i specifically said cook probably scum in both aureal town and scum worlds lol

fwiw i dont regret killing aureal bc their role talk was choking the thread state and ppl were just playing amway + i dont get why ppl arent looking at who bingle hooded as a traitor ??
I thought your legacy was Cook&Aureal scum together.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:49 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

I agree Aureal's thing was choking discussion badly, I slightly regret killing, partly because she probably could've roleblocked AniX from killing me.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:52 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Oh hi Theta, seems you're dead so my night action wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Anyway, ofrhz is basically conftown now for killing Yimmy so that's nice. 4 dead town and 2 dead scum by Day 3 sounds good to me.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:53 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Also, I think my flip explains why I thought fullclaiming was pointless.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:55 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Oh turns out mod made an error, my investigation went through and Cook was scum.

So this game could've been a flawless townsweep if voted Cook over Aureal.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:56 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

I still think Cook 90% dies today since Ranger is apparently town and Ranger isn't gonna give up on limming her.

So that's GGEZ

Return to “Completed Game Topics”