Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Mini Theme 2312: PiggyGal15/Vanderscamp hood

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:37 am

Post by Enchant »

It's your hood! You can talk here! As long as you are alive you see...

Access:
PiggyGal15
Vanderscamp
Enchant
SirCakez
Last edited by Enchant on Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:16 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

Hello hello my minion! I am Vortox, so if there's no execution we can get an easy win :D and town is gonna be befuddled with a bunch of false info, so that's a nice bonus. We've got Town Crier, Juggler and Clockmaker as free claims, I'm thinking one of us should be clockmaker and claim that the demon and minion are 1 (or 2) away from each other? Might help if one of us gets sussed out?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:28 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

Hey hey hey

I'm the evil twin, infinity is the oracle!
That role is pretty useless for a twin other than figuring out if they are poisoned or not.

I'll probably just claim that and you can take one of the others.

Also, I'm leaning towards not claiming twin just yet because I think it might be unstrategic to do so so early and I might get infinity to look worse when they claim it and I can explain why that's bad.

Big question we need to figure out soon is can we sell that vortox is not the demon, or do we have to roll with it if it's too easily confirmed?
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:36 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

The only tell of Vortox that could be provable is that results won't be accurate, which, if I'm understanding the game correctly, can also happen when someone is drunk or poisoned? So it gives us a bit of leeway I think? It's going to be really hard for town to definitively prove Vortox, aside from us winning with a no vote!
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:14 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

Yes, but the issue is that if everyone figures out their info is inaccurate, then people will know there's a vortox and they'll be able to work backwards into some very very strong info from that!
So for that reason I lean towards just giving true info with my "oracle" ability just so that it makes it harder for them to figure out.

I think me claiming oracle is the way to go, I think it's what I would do if I didn't have access to bluffs. Both twins giving different roles probably correctly implies that whoever the evil one is has bluffs because they're sitting next to the demon
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:20 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

Of your three roles, I vaguely lean towards you claiming town crier because it's the only role that the town doesn't have an easy incentive to kill at some point, the other two are roles that don't have any value past N2. With that role though you have to be pretty careful to not get boxed in, especially if they ever figure out it's a vortox.

Of course you can just yolo any claim you want, it's an interesting spot for it because eventually it's going to be revealed that the minion is a twin, if you claim something random and some good happens to have that role, you can always pivot to something else that makes sense and people might think that you're not demon because demon can just use one of their bluffs.
It has to actually make sense though, why you would want to randomly claim something else.
If you were good, what would you do? Would you just open claim your role to both neighbors? I wouldn't, so I'm not going to just yet.
We have a lot of flexibility here though as long as we can sound good and pull it off
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:20 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

I'm also going to be really really careful to make sure which of my neighbor chats I'm using before sending any posts like these, haha
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:46 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

I feel like claiming Town Crier gets very confusing very fast unless I have a specific person I'm trying to pin as the minion. Which I suppose I could do with Infinity? Really hammer down that Infinity is the evil twin? And with you as "Oracle" you can claim after Infinity is gone that an evil is dead? I think that might be our best option for claims.

Yeah, it's easier for me cause Hu Tao and I are just talking Genshin rn, so there's no risk of me accidentally sending them anything useful lmao but I imagine you and Ani are actually talking game, so yeah, be careful!
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:11 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

If town executes the good twin we win the game!
So if that happens that'll be pretty sweet.
I definitely wouldn't be saying all this pro-town shit in the thread as any random minion haha, I just need to try hard to win the inevitable twin battle.

Regarding town crier, it's not too bad, because when the twin war inevitably happens, everyone will know that either infinity or me is the minion, so we're really the only two options for you to paint as minion. Ideally infinity, but if for some reason I end up being mechanically outed evil, you can always just go with that too.

And btw I'm not claiming twin to anybody yet, so make sure to not let slip that you know there are twins in play before the thread at large does.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:28 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

We also don't need any kind of fixed plan yet IMO, we can just kind of wait and see what happens.

Vortox and evil twin is a really interesting combination of evil characters, I'm thinking in general we probably want to be pretty aggressive because if things go wrong for us they'll probably go really wrong, because if town figures out the demon type they'll have access to a HUGE amount of solid information, so I'm thinking we probably want to try to win quickly and be a little more averse to bussing than an average game.
But that's not fixed and it's possible that the path to victory will involve me being outed evil for whatever reason and you going full town-siding mode, or even vice versa (although that will be tricky)
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:18 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

Ok so there are a few worlds we need to choose between given the current info:

-Anix is evil (if Anix is killed, this will be proven incorrect when a death happens in the night, because he's not the demon and town will know the minion is one of the twins)

So let's ignore that one for long term strategizing

-Nurse is the demon

This is a world but I'm not sure anyone will go for it

-Nurse is sitting next to a no dashi, this would have to be erinys

-vortox game

I think these last two are literally our only realistic options.

So this might be a spot where we just have to admit the vortox world.

If we don't, we sell the team as erinys + infinity and if specifically atsi or Hu Tao have information that doesn't make sense, we're kind of outed.

This is possible if we kill one of them tonight but there is a decent chance of a literal math loss from trying to do this, I think we might just be better off killing either atsi or hu Tao tonight anyway (erinys also being possible) and keeping our options a bit more open
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:31 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

Erin atsi nurse and Anix have already all voted for Anix, so Anix should be dying regardless of what happens today, that's why I think I can get away with defending Anix even though I'd definitely like the Anix kill to happen
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:33 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

The more I think about it the more I think we just have to give our info assuming there's a vortox, the world where we try to hide it is just so crazy specific and we just have massive potential to get completely blown out.

I think we should both probably just give info that assumes a vortox is in play, it's very possible that a town somewhere will end up getting information that confirms one of us as evil, but even if that happens, we essentially have two win conditions, either you winning the normal way or me winning the infinity battle, I think we just need to try for one or both of those things and keep our options open
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:21 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

I think you should vote for Anix if you can reasonably do so

In the event of a flower girl we want you to be in the pool that contains the most potential demons, right now the pool is 3 voting (excluding Anix) and 2 not voting (excluding the two twins)

Best shift that to a 4 vs 1 if possible with you in the 4
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:33 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

Makes sense for me to vote, I just don't know if we want to end Day so early or not.

And yeah, I've been thinking of whether or not I should fake "false" results, and I think trying to pretend we're not in a Vortox game is going to be too complicated and will probably lead to us getting outed. I think winning by killing Infinity is probably our easiest way here right now, so we should def lean into that.
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:40 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

So, with this day, Flowergirl will know that: Random Nurse, AniX, atsi, HighPrincessErinys, and Hu Tao are (after learning there's a Vortox) not the demon. Town Crier will know if Random Nurse is the minion - if we are going with Infinity as Evil Twin (which still checks out with Flowergirl), we can't push EITHER atsi or Erinys as demon... I think we really need to figure out who (or even if we have) the Flowergirl is and kill them before they can fully give results after Vortox comes out.
OR
we push Infinity as the demon? With counter-claims for oracle, it would be the demon claiming the evil twin's good twin power? That way atsi or Erinys could still be the minion, and demon and minion are beside each other?
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:45 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

Oh wait, I guess you can still talk after death, so killing the Flowergirl won't help us much... hmmm
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:51 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 14, PiggyGal15 wrote: Makes sense for me to vote, I just don't know if we want to end Day so early or not.

And yeah, I've been thinking of whether or not I should fake "false" results, and I think trying to pretend we're not in a Vortox game is going to be too complicated and will probably lead to us getting outed. I think winning by killing Infinity is probably our easiest way here right now, so we should def lean into that.
Yeah, probably.
Depending on whether or not I nominate today you might have to make an interesting decision on whether to call infinity good or not.
I think you bussing me is ok, as is you calling me good, both options seem viable atm
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:54 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 15, PiggyGal15 wrote: So, with this day, Flowergirl will know that: Random Nurse, AniX, atsi, HighPrincessErinys, and Hu Tao are (after learning there's a Vortox) not the demon. Town Crier will know if Random Nurse is the minion - if we are going with Infinity as Evil Twin (which still checks out with Flowergirl), we can't push EITHER atsi or Erinys as demon... I think we really need to figure out who (or even if we have) the Flowergirl is and kill them before they can fully give results after Vortox comes out.
OR
we push Infinity as the demon? With counter-claims for oracle, it would be the demon claiming the evil twin's good twin power? That way atsi or Erinys could still be the minion, and demon and minion are beside each other?
I don't think I want to push infinity as the demon, I'm happy to play it normally.

I also wouldn't be super super worried about flower girl, because we know that both of us are evil, Anix is dying, nurse is artist, infinity is oracle, and so among the three players remaining one of them we get to kill tonight, so the chance we get wrecked by a flower girl is fairly low, especially since one of the three players has to be an outsider.
I think our best kill tonight is the person we think of those three is least likely to be an outsider, so we minimise town information.
So definitely don't worry about voting in a weird way to avoid flower girl, if we lose to that we lose to it and I also have outs to win the game in that world too.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:55 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 16, PiggyGal15 wrote: Oh wait, I guess you can still talk after death, so killing the Flowergirl won't help us much... hmmm
If we kill someone in the night, assuming normal blood on the clocktower rules, that person doesn't get info that night due to the night action order.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:00 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

I think I'm going to claim "all my info" to Anix during the night as it makes sense for me to do so here; if he's the demon he's dead and there's nothing he can do about it, and I would know he's not the minion
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:07 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

The more I think about it the more I think town crier might just be an unnecessary role for you to claim, why box ourselves in?
Clockmaker or juggler both seem like better options for you because then you're not forced to pick a side regarding the minion battle. It'll be easy enough to give info that is vortox wrong and doesn't narrow things down too much, and once we're at D2 we don't have to worry too much about the town killing random non-useful goods anymore.

Have you claimed anything to hu Tao yet?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:10 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

Btw, if anyone asks, what are we going to say we said to each other in this chat?
I claimed juggler/oracle/sage to Anix so presumably I did the same to you.
We can even say you claimed juggler and a couple other roles and we both agreed to make public juggler claims in case you want to take juggler as a claim
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:22 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

I've claimed nothing to Hu Tao yet. I think if I did a possibilities claim, I'd probably put forth that I'm Flowergirl/Town Crier/Seamstress/Juggler - makes sense that we would both agree to make public juggler guesses then.

I agree that me being a Juggler wouldn't box us in as much going forward, and we wouldn't have to worry about me trying to fake Town Crier results every night.

I'm thinking we kill Erinys or atsi tonight, what do you think?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:31 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

Yeah, the real issue with town crier is that it essentially forces you to take a side with the twin battle, which isn't necessarily super bad, it just limits options and I feel we don't really need to.
A random juggler guess should be pretty easy to give info for that doesn't actually give a huge amount of info to the thread, or even a clockmaker result.

Make sure if you do juggle it's a reasonable guess, whatever kind of guess you think you would make as the actual good juggler (obviously without your additional info about the twins)

And yeah, re: the NK, I think either those two or hu Tao, whoever we think is the least likely to be an outsider probably, I have no idea who that is atm but we can iso at night

Return to “Completed Game Topics”