Newbie #665: Danger in Gregario [Over!]

SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:13 am

There's danger and crime in Gregario (home of small, defenseless newbies), and it's up to the nine of you to figure out whodunnit.

Players:
    (alive)
  • Geronimoo
  • Frank Discussion
  • Ectomancer [s]Scruffy[/s] [s]Hooper[/s]
  • brendaisbored
  • hasdgfas
    (not)
  • Wall-E [s]SilkenSean[/s], Doctor
  • Mert [s]TartarianCerberus[/s] [s]Marie de Fabuleux[/s], Townie
  • Mana_ku [s]Cocopop[/s], Townie
  • neko2086, Townie

Setup:
This game uses the 9-player setup called [wiki]F11[/wiki], which consists of four possibilities:
  1. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.
  2. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies.
  3. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies.
  4. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies.
One of these was chosen totally at random, as were all role assignments.
Last edited by SensFan on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:22 pm, edited 13 times in total.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record

SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:27 am

Of course, this would all be a lot easier if you weren't so sure that some of you haddunit. Two of you, in fact, though you're not sure who else is what. Here's the possibilities:

Mafia:
The Mod wrote:You are a [wiki]Mafia Roleblocker[/wiki], along with your partner _________ (who is simply a [wiki]Goon[/wiki]). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill/roleblock (your team can do both so long as you live).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.

---
The game is located here.
AND
The Mod wrote:You are a [wiki]Mafia Goon[/wiki], along with your partner _________ (who is a pro-Mafia [wiki]Roleblocker[/wiki]). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill (if your partner also lives, they can send in a separate choice to roleblock someone).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.

---
The game is located here
OR
The Mod wrote:You are a [wiki]Mafia Goon[/wiki], along with your partner _________. Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remain; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched (if that someone is not your partner or yourself, that will make things much easier). You may talk with your partner when it is not Day, and send me a choice via PM of who you wish to kill.

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no kills will happen until Night One.

---
The game is located here
Town:
The Mod wrote:You are the [wiki]Doctor[/wiki], and you can protect people from harm. Each Night, you may send me a choice via PM of who to protect; if they come under attack by the Mafia, they will live. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and try to lynch correctly during the Day.

Note: Doctors are 100% effective in Newbie Games (the person you protect will never die on the night they are protected), unless you are [wiki]roleblocked[/wiki]. You may not protect yourself.

---
The game is located here

The Mod wrote:You are the [wiki]Cop[/wiki], and you can tell good from bad. Each Night, you may send a player's name to me; I will let you know if your investigation shows that they are Mafia or Town. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and lynch well during the Day.

Note: Cops always get a correct result in Newbie Games (no sanity issues), unless you are [wiki]roleblocked[/wiki]. You cannot investigate yourself.

---
The game is located here

The Mod wrote:You are a [wiki]Townie[/wiki], and you've got no special powers at Night. No investigations, no protection, no gun to shoot people. Your only powers are the ability to post, vote, and think. Help lynch Mafia during the Day, and you will win the game, along with the rest of the Town.

---
The game is located here

Even though many games start with Night, Newbie Games begin with Day once everyone has confirmed that they understand their role. Scum are allowed to talk by [wiki]PM[/wiki] in the pre-game stage, but no other "night actions" may be taken.
[hr]76[/hr]
Rules:
  • Votes must be in bold for them to count, like this: Vote: Oman. Unvotes should also be bolded (Unvote: SensFan) so that I can spot them easier, but it's not required.
  • A simple majority of votes (1/2 the number of living players plus one, rounded down) will achieve a [wiki]lynch[/wiki] and end the Day. Unvoting after that point will not save someone's life. If a [wiki]deadline[/wiki] is imposed, the required number of votes may be lowered, so be careful.
  • Nights will last up to 72 hours, but may be shorter if all night choices are in before the deadline.
  • Dead men tell no tales. If you get killed, stop talking until the game is over.
  • Do not discuss this game with other players outside of this thread, unless your role PM specifically stated you could do so (as scum, and then only at night).
  • Do not directly quote any PMs you receive; I have already posted the roles above, but this holds true for any future messages you receive from me as well.
  • If you see something you don't understand, ASK! Newbie games are here for people to learn and understand; either I or one of the other players will respond to your question. If it has to do with your role, feel free to PM me directly.
  • Treat this game as a commitment; if you're going to be gone for longer than 48 hours (not counting weekends), let us know. I will [wiki]replace[/wiki] severely inactive players, but your fellow players may choose to lynch you themselves first.
  • Any action which would be illegal to actually do is also illegal to fake (for example, posting a made-up PM that shows a Cop result of guilty/innocent).
  • Have fun; don't be an ass; participate!
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record

SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:49 am

Game will start as soon as everyone has picked up their PM. Please ask any questions you might have, or even just confirm that all is cool. You may PM me, or post here to confirm.

hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:53 am

/cownfirm
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow

Frank Discussion
Goon

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:21 pm

Finally!

Marie de Fabuleux
Townie

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:43 pm

Umm...Hi!

I've got my PM. ;)
"I can't believe you haven't messed up yet." -Bumble Bee

"You seem to constantly surprise me...And scare other people. Quite the combination." -Velotix

neko2086
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:47 pm

/confirm

Yay! Cow!

quick note to all: I'll be v/la til Sunday. Sorry. Will catch up then.
In Tartiflette We Trust

hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:49 pm

neko! hi!

SilkenSean
Townie

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:34 pm

/confirm
hey everybody.
Woo-hoo, time for my first game of online Mafia!!! YAY! :)
~Silk~

Geronimoo
Townie

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:21 am

hello ppls!

hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:35 am

Everyone, I'll have no access from the 17th through the 21st, so you may be without me for a couple days.

SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:12 am

Alright, Hooper and Cocopop still haven't picked up their Role PMs.

I have likely no access over the weekend, though, so go ahead and start now. By Monday, I'll replace anyone who still hasn't confirmed.

Day 1 is go! With 9 alive, its 5 to lynch!

SilkenSean
Townie

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:17 am

Oooooo, i get the first real post of the game, happiness. Lol.
Hmmm, i think I'll random vote:Geronimoo because he is a skydiving cow, and niether of those are pro town. Also FoS at Hasdgfas for being an under cooked steak!
One last thing, in the distant future, (21 through 25) i will be gone, but that's in 6 days. :)
~Silk~

hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:03 pm

No random vote from me now. Instead, I've got a few questions for the newbies.

1) Are you scum?
2) What do you want to get out of this game?
3) What sorts of things are you going to be look for to find scum?

brendaisbored
Townie

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:54 pm

Never done this before, so completely random vote: Hooper because they're not here to defend themselves :)

As for your questions:

1) If by scum you mean Someone Calmly Unleashing Monkeys...then no, not me
2) I used to play Mafia with friends (in person) but haven't in years. I'm looking forward to playing again and seeing how different it is online.
3) I have no strategies for playing online. That's why I'm a newbie

Frank Discussion
Goon

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:50 pm

Let's see... I think I'll start my very first mafia game out with a vote: hasdgfas because I find your aggressive questioning to be a little fishy and I'm a stupid noob who doesn't know any better.

Oddly, I'll answer anyway.

1. In this game, no. IRL, possibly.
2. Fun!
3. No idea. This is my first time. Just keeping my eyes open, I guess.

hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:31 pm

Frank Discussion wrote:Let's see... I think I'll start my very first mafia game out with a vote: hasdgfas because I find your aggressive questioning to be a little fishy and I'm a stupid noob who doesn't know any better.

Oddly, I'll answer anyway.

1. In this game, no. IRL, possibly.
2. Fun!
3. No idea. This is my first time. Just keeping my eyes open, I guess.

First off, if you think aggressive questioning is a little fishy, you're going to find everyone fishy in mafia, because A) that is a very common way of getting information, and B) many people's playstyles are made up of doing just that all or most of the time.

SilkenSean
Townie

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:03 pm

Well, I guess you can call me a "noob", but I suppose that i already had some ideas of how exactly to play before i started this first game.
So:
1. no
2. mainly fun, but I see that this teaches strategy and finesse.
3. Make sure to pay attention to ulterior motives, and try and attempt to use my chess skill to maybe help a little. Because everyone is (obviously) equally suspicious at this stage in the game.
What about you, hasdgfas?
Are you scum?
What have you, or plan to get out of mafia?
And what techniques do you use? Help out us noobs!
~Silk~

Marie de Fabuleux
Townie

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:34 pm

Hello! :) Mafia!

Yes...Let's get some!

1) Are you scum?

I'm a Newbie, so...I guess I should answer these?

Anyway:

1. Nope! =)
2. Umm...Something more productive than summer reading *Shot*
3. Voting patterns.

;D
"I can't believe you haven't messed up yet." -Bumble Bee

"You seem to constantly surprise me...And scare other people. Quite the combination." -Velotix

Frank Discussion
Goon

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:21 am

hasdgfas wrote:First off, if you think aggressive questioning is a little fishy, you're going to find everyone fishy in mafia, because A) that is a very common way of getting information, and B) many people's playstyles are made up of doing just that all or most of the time.

Seems to me you're trying awfully hard to keep attention off yourself. Still. But then again, it might seem the same for me... so... unvote.

Frank Discussion
Goon

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:23 am

Oops. Make that unvote: hasdgfas

Geronimoo
Townie

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:08 am

First of all im not a skydiving cow!

1) Are you scum?
The question is redundant as there can be only one answer.

Fame, glory and one and a half million pounds.

Just like the profilers, I will think myself into your scum shoes, analyse your responses and if you score more than 250 on the ISO-3204 scumscale, you earned a vote! Pure science, which also makes me morally untouchable!

However, I will also vote Hooper because he is idle and game needs to get started!

hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:47 am

SilkenSean wrote:What about you, hasdgfas?
Are you scum?
What have you, or plan to get out of mafia?
And what techniques do you use? Help out us noobs!

A) Heck no, I'm not scum.
B) A good way of using my mind during free time I have and a good community to talk to
C) I do many different things. Lately, I have learned to go off of my gut more, as it has been honed through all the games I have played. I also look for people blatantly misrepresenting others' posts. Other than that, when people are simply acting against the best interests of the town or saying things that are blatantly anti-town.

vote: Geronimoo

Geronimoo
Townie

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:38 pm

I have been targeted by a honed gut!

hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:02 pm

Geronimoo wrote:I have been targeted by a honed gut!

A little more than a honed gut at this point, actually.

Next
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games