Open 887: Coalition of Frogs (Game Over)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:49 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1274, Bellaphant wrote: P-edit, that's what I've been saying? Why do you think he was nked? Like, I don't even think it was to frame me, because i knew that two scum weren't in my pool of four people making shit choices, and hero has basically town cased then to me...
At the time, I thought it was odd that Hero wasn't the lim bc he was so townread. But getting off the wagon of a scum flip is probably the reason why. The people most likely to be NK'ed are the people on the STD wagon, I think, because they just flipped scum. That's, in order of votes: Implo, Merlyn, THS, Ari, Drew.

It's not going to be implosion, he was was the counter wagon. I was more scumread than townread at this point, I don't know why I'd be the likely lim here. THS kind of an unknown quantity at this point. Ari was suspicously on and off the wagon, she wouldn't be the likely lim. I don't know how many people besides myself and you were townreading Drew, so makes THS a good candidate.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:00 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Him never voting you would be a great reason to have him at the end though?you'd be unlimable?!
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:01 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1183, implosion wrote:
In post 1171, Merlyn wrote: Yeah, I'm thinking there's no rush to put the hammer down on you, I don't know why if you're town and Bella or Implo is scum that they don't come in and end it. Cautiousness tends to be more towny. The other option is that you really are scum
Worth noting Bella hasn't posted since the E-1 happened. Honestly I also still want her on the table for today, I feel like I'd have a hard time not voting her in f3. I really don't think Ari is the play today. I feel like I really like the reasons I have to townread her. Like fuck, Hero gave a great reason to townread her in his post against me seven minutes before voting her >_>
Ay yai yai. Does Bella ever take Implo to the end after he said this?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:02 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Also, could you expand on this 'I also don't think my actions today have been consistent with someone who needs to convince Implo you're scum.'

I think I understand but I want to respond once I do
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:03 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I do feel like implos sr of me and hero did evolve fairly fast
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:03 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1277, Bellaphant wrote: Him never voting you would be a great reason to have him at the end though?you'd be unlimable?!
Yeah, that's what I'm saying, as scum I don't lim him after he says that, I would take him to the end
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:05 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1279, Bellaphant wrote: Also, could you expand on this 'I also don't think my actions today have been consistent with someone who needs to convince Implo you're scum.'

I think I understand but I want to respond once I do
Basically the only reason I as scum take you is if I think I can convince Implo you're scum. What I meant is that I haven't been doing that. I haven't built a case on you to sell to him. I've been trying to solve you both.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:05 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Oh yeah, sorry. Work is shit today. Thought I'd caught you out, actually just have 0 comprehension

Ok, fair.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:10 am

Post by Merlyn »

I'm basically talking myself into voting for Implo
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:13 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Mood
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:21 am

Post by Merlyn »

VOTE: Implosion If you're scum Bella congrats. But don't be scum please.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:21 am

Post by Bellaphant »

If I don't hammer, I'm clear?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:22 am

Post by Bellaphant »

This is me not being scum.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:25 am

Post by Merlyn »

Holy shit
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:25 am

Post by Merlyn »

Well, up to you then!
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:26 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I want to trust you, btw
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:26 am

Post by Merlyn »

I'm really not scum here. You can never trust me again in another game if I'm lying here but I'm not
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:41 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Thsts what scum would say! ;)

If you were, in trying to work out if what you just did would have any benefits for you, and like ...yeah, if you like pyschicly knew how much I liked team work, but in real terms, you just reduced Implos options to...you.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:56 am

Post by implosion »

VOTE: Merlyn

Reading up.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:03 am

Post by implosion »

In post 1267, Bellaphant wrote: I don't massively agree with the statement 'all 3 are good scum candidates', because like I said, until day end you were hard town for me, so....I don't really know why you said this? It feels a bit contrived, same as 'from a neutral point of view'. Why do you think we are all 'good scum candidates '?
I was widely townread early in the game but Hero was convinced i was scum for part of yesterday and obviously (at least fmpov) i was left alive partially because scum thought they could potentially mislim me. I was surprised I didn't die two nights ago but last night I had vaguely thought Merlyn would be the default kill for scum over me, but well, here we are.

The "neutral point of view" is just how I talk. I'm sure I can find similar examples in town games I've played if you want. Well I'm not like, literally sure but I'd be really surprised if I couldn't.
In post 1270, Merlyn wrote: What are you both talking about? It can't be Hero saying he'd never lim THS after the STD flip bc THS was the nightkill after STD was limmed.
I mean that my townread on THS was based on his play and wasn't based on interactions with STD, so the fact that he was shot immediately after STD flipped scum isn't explained by STD flipping scum and scum wanting to shoot someone who was obviously town based on that.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:09 am

Post by implosion »

In post 1275, Merlyn wrote: I'm saying that there's never a good reason I as scum bring you vs. Hero.
This also just isn't how the game works. There were very clearly 3 people ready and willing to vote Hero. There were like, 3 potential voters for Bella or maybe like Ari but there were not 3 people clearly willing and ready to vote them.
In post 1275, Merlyn wrote: I also don't think my actions today have been consistent with someone who needs to convince Implo you're scum.
This is in some sense fair but also kind of shedding a layer of nuance. Merlyn most likely came into today with a first plan of getting me to vote Bella, and then saw an opportunistic chance to vote for me because
In post 1280, Bellaphant wrote: I do feel like implos sr of me and hero did evolve fairly fast
I feel like I came into them really slowly >_> this game has pretty short deadlines and I spent most of the game townreading both of you. Like I said, the way I play the game is mostly around thinking about townreads and auditing them, and I felt like I had better reasons for townreading other people. In a vacuum I would basically townread everyone in the game but STD and Titus (and maybe Drew if I'd had a chance to audit my read of him before he died)
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:11 am

Post by implosion »

lol at myself stopping in the middle of a sentence.

I think merlyn voted me here because she saw bella starting to sway against me and her having the opportunity of being in real time with Bella and being able to be persuasive that way. Honestly it is a really good play. But she is scum.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:11 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1293, Bellaphant wrote: Thsts what scum would say! ;)

If you were, in trying to work out if what you just did would have any benefits for you, and like ...yeah, if you like pyschicly knew how much I liked team work, but in real terms, you just reduced Implos options to...you.
Lol I do not psychically know that though

I'm aware that if I was right implo would be voting me but someone has to vote first, and I realized that somewhere yesterday I had started interacting with you like I thought you were town. And then when I find that quote from implo saying he would have a hard time not voting you I just couldn't see you as the scum here
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:13 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1297, implosion wrote: lol at myself stopping in the middle of a sentence.

I think merlyn voted me here because she saw bella starting to sway against me and her having the opportunity of being in real time with Bella and being able to be persuasive that way. Honestly it is a really good play. But she is scum.
Good luck Bella, he is very good at this. I stressed about that vote right until I hit enter and then stressed even more after that lol. But don't be snowed here, he's set this up for a long time
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:13 am

Post by implosion »

And to be clear for Bella, yeah I don't even feel great about saying that. I'm saying it because it's now something that I know but I am pretty surprised both that it's Merlyn and that she's opting to 1v1 me. It's honestly a really creative play, since I just talked about her taking me and Bella into the 1v1 so I'd vote Bella.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”