Open 887: Coalition of Frogs (Game Over)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:58 am

Post by Ausuka »

Votecount 4.2

With 3 players alive, it takes 2 votes to eliminate. Day 4 ends in (expired on 2023-11-03 19:26:38).

Elimination Votes
implosion (1)
- Merlyn
Merlyn (1)
- implosion

Not Voting (1)
- Bellaphant

FlavourImage

No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:05 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1324, implosion wrote: Also, if Merlyn's take is that Datisi and I didn't interact at all, then I'd like to think that if I were scum with Datisi, we would interact a lot?
In post 1322, implosion wrote: The setup in principle rewards scum for distancing
Also, if you don't agree with that 'take', feel free to show me all the the interactions you had
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:17 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1324, implosion wrote: Like, I don't think I'm especially *good* at scum
Hey, true or false: your last scum game was about a year ago, and multiple people marveled at how good as scum you are.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:54 am

Post by implosion »

i said i agree with the statement that I didn't interact much with Datisi and that it's evidence that I'm town. Particularly if I am good at scum, I should know how to interact with a partner (especially a partner like Datisi) in a more convincing way than just ignoring them, whereas there's a very good explanation for why I ignored Datisi on d1 as town, as I said.

I'm sure that statement is true but I do not remember what game that is lol. It's possible I'm better at scum than I give myself credit for but it's entirely irrelevant to the argument at hand, if anything the better I am at scum the less my d1 play toward Datisi would make sense if we were scum together.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:57 am

Post by implosion »

Like, what kind of master class scum that I'm being made out to be rolls scum with *datisi* of all people and then just ignores him d1 lol. I feel like if I drew scum with Datisi I'd be excited and want to do something out there, like hard-reading him one way or the other, dialoguing with him a bunch, or something like that. I feel like the last thing I'd do is ignore him
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:04 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1329, implosion wrote: i said i agree with the statement that I didn't interact much with Datisi and that it's evidence that I'm town. Particularly if I am good at scum, I should know how to interact with a partner (especially a partner like Datisi) in a more convincing way than just ignoring them, whereas there's a very good explanation for why I ignored Datisi on d1 as town, as I said.
Aw, we're just going in circles here. You say it's evidence you're town that you didn't interact with Datisi after post after you said distancing would be a good idea as scum in a coalition game. You say you're not good at scum and that's why it can't be you today, but that if you ARE good at scum that's ALSO why it can't be you today.
I'm sure that statement is true but I do not remember what game that is lol. It's possible I'm better at scum than I give myself credit for but it's entirely irrelevant to the argument at hand, if anything the better I am at scum the less my d1 play toward Datisi would make sense if we were scum together.
I mentioned the game in question a few posts ago if you want to check on which one I found.

If it's irrelevant, why did you bring up that you don't think you're a good scum player? You brought it up because you wanted to use it as part of the argument that you couldn't have pulled this off.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:05 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1330, implosion wrote: Like, what kind of master class scum that I'm being made out to be rolls scum with *datisi* of all people and then just ignores him d1 lol. I feel like if I drew scum with Datisi I'd be excited and want to do something out there, like hard-reading him one way or the other, dialoguing with him a bunch, or something like that. I feel like the last thing I'd do is ignore him
One who is here, in the final three, that's who. And is using these very actions to try and paint a picture that's not true.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:14 am

Post by implosion »

for reference (and I think this is good practice for both alignments in f3 when there's a crossvote) all my posting is directed toward Bellaphant, not Merlyn. Which is probably why Merlyn is saying we're going in circles, of course we are, we're crossvoting.

Bella, if you want me to answer anything in particular from Merlyn's posts that I'm not addressing, let me know, but I think most of the arguments are mostly devolving into pointless rhetoric. I brought up that I don't view myself as a particularly good scum player because I was arguing about being scum with Datisi, who is in my mind one of the best scum players on the site (though I probably put him on a pedestal in that way to some degree but etc etc). My self-conception of my skill at scum isn't really relevant to the argument which was more about how Datisi is very good and I am at the very least very experienced and so his and my d1 play toward each other would be unusual if we were a team.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:28 am

Post by Merlyn »

I don't really understand your point there at saying your posts are not directed at me- are you expecting me to, what, ignore your posts?

I also don't really understand what you mean by it would be unusual for a very talented player and a very inexperienced player to not interact much. I haven't really encountered that as a general rule or anything.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:14 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Sorry, I'm re-reading..I'm actually reading people in iso with datisi, just done implo and datisi. What's weird is that datisi doesn't mention many people that much: implo clearly does talk about his read of datisi a lot, so mer's take that this didn't happen is weird.

Sorry, I will vote before deadline, I felt fairly certain yesterday and now am a bit confused again. I can hear the dead thread shouting at me. :(
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:27 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1335, Bellaphant wrote: implo clearly does talk about his read of datisi a lot, so mer's take that this didn't happen is weird.
I said interact
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:47 am

Post by Merlyn »

like, look at the last day before this. Look how his thoughts on you switched so fast. Why? What solving happened in between? Look at the things he said. He literally said he couldn't imagine not voting for you in the final day....if he felt that strongly, WHY DIDN'T HE TRY AND SOLVE YOU AT ALL THAT DAY? Where are the posts where he goes back and looks at thing you did? Where is the attempt at analysis? Where's the vote?????

He played an amazing game here. I get it. But there are clues here to follow.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:29 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Tbf, I don't massively feel like you tried to solve me much? Actually, can you talk about your read on me?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:10 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1338, Bellaphant wrote: Tbf, I don't massively feel like you tried to solve me much? Actually, can you talk about your read on me?
??!

Trying to solve BOTH of you is literally all I did for like six days. I went back and read previous scum games, I asked a ton of questions, I read the whole stupid game again.

I'm actually really proud of myself for finding the last scum. This is the first game I've ever been right about both scum.

What do you want to hear about my read on you?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:19 am

Post by Bellaphant »

No,I know, sorry, worded badly. I can see what you've done!

I meant before..I don't know if we both just filled each other as 'meh, maybe scum?' or something else?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:26 am

Post by implosion »

I very much try to solve Bella yesterday. I was waiting for a reply and then oops all deadline. I just didn't have a ton of time or energy for going back and analyzing stuff thoroughly at that time because, as I mentioned, i was .
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:28 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1340, Bellaphant wrote: No,I know, sorry, worded badly. I can see what you've done!

I meant before..I don't know if we both just filled each other as 'meh, maybe scum?' or something else?
Until D3, you were solidly middle of the road, 'idk about her but I have other folks I want to solve first for me'

D3 I was wondering if you were lurking for game related purpose, and I was frankly leaning towards you if I Hero was the wrong choice and I made it to the end.

Today, I came in with that perspective, but when you started talking and interacting more I started to move away from the idea that you'd been lurking. I also read some of your games and I could only find one where you seemed to be lurking as scum and it was a while back. Around the same time the conversations with both you and Implo turned to 'why did specific NK's happen?' and 'why are we 3 in ELO?' and the more I started thinking about that and looking back on posts the more I realized it would be bizzare for you to take implo if you were scum. I also realized I'd started to respond to you somewhere around as someone who was talking to me in good faith vs. agenda. So I took the plunge on voting Implo.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:33 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1341, implosion wrote: I very much try to solve Bella yesterday. I was waiting for a reply and then oops all deadline. I just didn't have a ton of time or energy for going back and analyzing stuff thoroughly at that time because, as I mentioned, i was .
Hey, RL is thing, I believe that you were legit busy even knowing that you're scum. I really was looking for the analyzing part though.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:36 am

Post by implosion »

In post 1335, Bellaphant wrote: Sorry, I will vote before deadline, I felt fairly certain yesterday and now am a bit confused again. I can hear the dead thread shouting at me.
I believe you but you are in fact making me nervous :p

If you get this wrong, no hard feelings. Merlyn has played a very good scum game. I'm more or less around until deadline if there are last minute things you want to ask about.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:39 am

Post by Merlyn »

I wish I was scum here and these compliments were real lol

Idk if I'll be around till deadline- I've been opening and closing MS for a while now hoping I'll get to see the end but I'm supposed to be grocery shopping. I'll try though
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:19 am

Post by Merlyn »

this is so stressful
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:56 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Sorry, this is a bit gut versus head. I re read both your isos (merlyn, kinda hate you for making me do all this! ;) ) and I just feel like I did at the start. I think you are both really strong scum players.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:39 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Like, I'm back to either implo is playing a fantastic but slightly agenda driven scum game, or mer is playing a really good scum but with some flaws. Mer looks snipy and survivalist at times, implo looks agenda focused and maube their reads are too convenient but mer keeps hers closee to er chest
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:43 am

Post by Bellaphant »

VOTE: merlyn

I am sorry if wrong
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:24 pm

Post by Ausuka »

Votecount 4.3

With 3 players alive, it takes 2 votes to eliminate. Day 4 ends in (expired on 2023-11-03 19:26:38).

Elimination Votes
Merlyn (2)
- implosion, Bellaphant
implosion (1)
- Merlyn

Not Voting (0)

FlavourImage

No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”