Open 889 | Secrets of the Anuket Topaz | fin.

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4700 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:36 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Sigh
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4701 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:42 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 4683, Prism wrote: And of course, sorry to Andres. You had the right read on gob, I strongarmed you through, and then I still wrongly cleared gob Day 4. As promised, two eggs for you and one for me. I'll give you a third as an extra apology.
Honestly, no hard feelings. At the end of the day, it’s a game. I wasn’t good enough the first few days to have the Town cred to push my preferred execution. It’s how it goes.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4702 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:07 am

Post by Prism »

Still, I know getting wrongly pushed by me isn't a fun time, so thanks for putting up with it and being gracious about it here.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4703 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:11 am

Post by Prism »

In post 4699, camelCasedSnivy wrote: first wolf win thats not a replacement into a free ELO
Congrats! I hope you had fun with it. Obviously you had a rough Day 1, but the explicit defense of gob sold Shirou and helped seal the slot as town for me.

While you were always at or near the bottom for me, this bit of AtE was successful and bought you the time you needed. I hated thinking it even at that moment, but reluctantly acquiesced: it worked.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4704 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:29 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 4074, Firebringer wrote:
In post 4073, Prism wrote:
In post 4059, Firebringer wrote:
In post 4051, Prism wrote: jjh and gob are mafia terrorists
are you coming around to gob now or is this just a joke
I will fly to your house and be your personal footstool for a day if you shoot me tonight or vote Andres
i can only do one of those two things
my favorite cheeky post i made in this game tbh Prism. Glad you enjoyed it
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4705 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:36 am

Post by Firebringer »

jjh you were the one i was most worried about in this game. Was shocked that a wagon formed on you last day but you know paranoia and all that.

Was a fun game to play. Got to mess with shirou alot and open wolf a bit. Fun stuff
sorry to yall who got frustrated, should have had more fun talking about anime with me
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4706 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:46 am

Post by Dannflor »

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4707 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:58 am

Post by Prism »

Those night actions were hilarious.

I thought Fire's play around gob Day 1 was fine, he definitely was solid start to finish and most mistakes were minor. The only minor one was the Day 3 gob bus seemed to be aimed at entrenching wrong reads, but he had more than enough all around to make that error harmless.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4708 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:13 am

Post by Prism »

The only medium error, rather.
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4709 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:48 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

Gob was my first scum lean in the game but by the endgame It was pretty unimaginable to me that he was scum...

He was always like "don't bother me!", "my reads are better!" and etc, and I don't think I ever saw a scum play like that so you definitely had me fooled. I think I vote everyone else before I vote gob in the last day. (Except if StD or Gob left, then I would just blind sheep JJH, I wasn't lying)

Sorry for my bad play here. I did re:read my PT and I feel once again sad that I was suspecting scum early on but besides Fire I came to town read them eventually.
The Deathtunnel Archon Shirou without any of his aggro or hyperposting powers.

Legend says that one day he may reclaim his Gnosis and show his effortful form once again, but until that fated day comes...
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4710 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:53 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

I feel like having the most braindead reads ever in my next games if I do play at all

Even if we would have mislimmed Imaginality in D1, if we just braindeadly eliminated the people contributing the least we would have won this game.

Effort IS alignment indicative to me in dunno 80% of the cases and nothing can convince me otherwise because I'm Shirou and I do not listen to others unless I'm sad

please and thank you
The Deathtunnel Archon Shirou without any of his aggro or hyperposting powers.

Legend says that one day he may reclaim his Gnosis and show his effortful form once again, but until that fated day comes...
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4711 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:10 am

Post by Prism »

I wasn't too surprised to see gob's "don't bother me!", wagonomics, my reads are better etc. be scum since it's something I've seen a million times before. It was definitely very well done, though after he dropped some of the initial "stupid play" aggression. The selling point from an individual standpoint was the consistent uncertainty/unvotes to stall wagons, along with some of the confident-anxiety dichotomies, because of the single meta sample.

I threw those in the trash on Day 4, but I bought the interactions instead, so clearly outplayed start to finish.
In post 4710, Lazy Shirou wrote: Even if we would have mislimmed Imaginality in D1, if we just braindeadly eliminated the people contributing the least we would have won this game.
I don't think this is true. We would have eliminated imaginality and Dragons for certain. I think Andres (only picked up Day 3) and Ydrasse would have been next, but gob/camel/T3 are clustered there too.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4712 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:13 am

Post by Prism »

Dannflor made a similar point at the end-of-day in the dead thread:
In post 114, Dannflor wrote: from an all-knowing 3rd party perspective i think this game is solvable by "who is trying to figure out the game least"
Unfortunately, this is totally wrong even setting aside the mechanical clear, because gob was second on that list.

We needed a Dragons townread, and we definitely had enough to get there. The low-activity elim strategy just wasn't that simple and still required a lot more qualitative judgment.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4713 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:32 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 4710, Lazy Shirou wrote: Effort IS alignment indicative to me in dunno 80% of the cases and nothing can convince me otherwise because I'm Shirou and I do not listen to others unless I'm sad
if people effort more, i will effort more. I did enough to get townread. If more pressure applied to me im going to be efforting a bit more to undo that perception that im not doing anything or im not actually sorting.

Also i was purposefully trying to get u to tunnel me so theres that
Show

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4714 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:54 am

Post by Prism »

In post 4682, Prism wrote:
In post 4679, Ydrasse wrote: at least that explains why of the remaining options all of them felt bad!
I'm grabbing a 6 pack of Premium Amber O'Doul's and watching a Scooby Doo movie tomorrow
As promised

Spoiler: Large image

I'm probably going to watch a second tonight if anyone has any Scooby Doo movie suggestions. I'm thinking
Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4715 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:57 am

Post by Prism »

It would have been unfair to rank it earlier, but needless to say that while Ranking of Kings and Eminence of Shadow are fun, the Scooby Doo franchise is indisputably the GOAT.

It's responsible for at least 12 of the top 15 anime of all time, including spots 1 through 9.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4716 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:13 pm

Post by Firebringer »

thats a good scooby doo movie ngl
Show

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4717 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:17 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 4716, Firebringer wrote: thats a good scooby doo movie ngl
Agreed.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4718 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:41 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 4716, Firebringer wrote: thats a good scooby doo movie ngl
Obviously it's not a movie that could be done today with that special 90s/00s view of "cyberspace" and computers as a supernatural frontier, but that's what gives it its charm.

Some of the best parts in this movie are easy to miss: I never fully appreciated that Shaggy was just straight up eating dog food, which is a bit socially unacceptable but honestly I still do that sometimes for the meme so I feel him.

But right now Shaggy is putting whipped cream on a hotdog, and that crosses the line, that is beyond unhinged.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4719 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:10 pm

Post by Prism »

Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase
is also deeply philosophically enriching. The writers are shockingly well-versed in the philosophy of identity and the work of Derek Parfit: the opening premise of the movie is the ability to perfectly copy, store, and potentially destroy "original" physical objects, including real persons, in order to construct a subatomically identical copy elsewhere temporally or spatially. This is clearly derived from Parfit's Teletransportation paradox, and the story basically writes itself from there.

The ultimate endgoal of the movie is obviously not to provide a short fun audiovisual story, but to get children to think critically and challenge conventional conceptions of personal identity and the nature of the self. Scooby Doo is the best possible representation for the power of television and cartoons to serve as a global equalizer by mass-distributing high-quality accessible educational content.

A moment of silence for the visionaries over at Hanna-Barbera. May we all pick up their unfinished work and continue their legacy.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4720 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:27 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 4719, Prism wrote:
Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase
is also deeply philosophically enriching. The writers are shockingly well-versed in the philosophy of identity and the work of Derek Parfit: the opening premise of the movie is the ability to perfectly copy, store, and potentially destroy "original" physical objects, including real persons, in order to construct a subatomically identical copy elsewhere temporally or spatially. This is clearly derived from Parfit's Teletransportation paradox, and the story basically writes itself from there.

The ultimate endgoal of the movie is obviously not to provide a short fun audiovisual story, but to get children to think critically and challenge conventional conceptions of personal identity and the nature of the self. Scooby Doo is the best possible representation for the power of television and cartoons to serve as a global equalizer by mass-distributing high-quality accessible educational content.

A moment of silence for the visionaries over at Hanna-Barbera. May we all pick up their unfinished work and continue their legacy.
Philosophy major or just ChatGPT?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4721 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:32 pm

Post by Prism »

Technically the first but it's a shitpost. I read zero philosophy in undergrad, but it had the lowest unit requirement and I went to a diploma farm with 0 academic standards.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4722 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:33 pm

Post by Prism »

Normally I just say I majored in Natural Light but alcohol is bad for you, don't do it, Premium Amber O'Doul's Non-Alcholic Brew is where it's at when you come of age.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4723 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:45 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 4722, Prism wrote: Normally I just say I majored in Natural Light
In that case I hope I can get an AP credit for my Budweiser degree!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4724 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:49 pm

Post by Prism »

Washington University in St. Louis will be in your mailbox soon, don't worry.

(Half of that school is named after Budweiser's parent company)

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”