[Marathon] Discord Survivor for Marathon Week! CONGRATS COOLCATJUNE!!!

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

[Marathon] Discord Survivor for Marathon Week! CONGRATS COOLCATJUNE!!!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:06 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Hi everyone! It's getting to be about that time, so I'm going to post the information and signup thread for the marathon survivor game that I (with the help of PrivateI) will be running for marathon week.

Quick and Dirty Details
Day:
Saturday, Dec. 30th.
Time:
1pm Central Time
Place/Method:
Discord
Anonymity:
Will be non-anon
Number of Players:
Will design for 16 with the ability to go to 14 or 12 depending on interest.
Time Commitment:
It's hard to gauge this exactly without knowing the exact number of players but we will be shooting for 20-25m or so per round. Expect a time commitment anywhere from 4-6 hours depending on number of players and unavoidable delays.

Shea Babbling About DetailsWe are excited to bring you this marathon game of survivor! It will take place on Dec 30th and run somewhere from 4-6 hours with 14-16 players depending on interest. We picked this time deliberately because it allows people from all of our time zones to play at not too terrible a time. It will be early morning in Australia, afternoon in the US and early evening in Europe. It is our hope that time zone will not be a barrier to anyone signing up who wants to.

This game will be my first foray into discord games in general and as such, and given the general format and its speed, you should expect the game to be relatively simple and straightforward and extremely approachable for beginners. If you've never played survivor before, this is a great opportunity to jump in and play for the first time.

I recommend the following guides for newer players:
viewtopic.php?p=13908892#p13908892
They are not discord specific but the general principles are the same. You should be able to pick up most of the things you need to know about playing the game from these.

Spoiler: { GENERAL RULES }

{01} This is a game. The main objective is to have fun; so no excessive flaming, spamming, or otherwise being a jerk.

{02} This is a game. The secondary objective is to win.

{03} We are not infallible, so if we make a moderating mistake, please point it out and we will correct it if needed.

{04} We have worked extensively to produce a game that is enjoyed by all involved. As such, we promise to offer each player respect but expect to be shown the same in return. We also expect youse to respect all other players. If this rule or any MS rule is violated and brought to our attention or a Listmod's attention, we may be forced to take further action.

{05} Exercise common sense. If you are unsure as to whether an action conflicts with the rules, ask. Yes, this is a competition, but do not attempt to undermine challenges or game mechanics for your own gain. This violates both the spirit of the game and the common respect rules mentioned above. If intentional cheating occurs, you will be punished accordingly.

{07} Private communication with players outside of your tribe or eliminated players is strictly prohibited. Any player found in violation of this rule will be penalized.

{08} The moderators may discipline any player that breaks the rules however we see fit, depending on the specific situation. We also reserve the right to implement new rules if needed.

{09} If you have any issues that cannot be resolved by the game mods, or if the game mods are breaking rules, please report that to a list mod of your choice.

{GAME MECHANICS}

{01} DM's are only to be used for communication within your tribe. All out-of-tribe contact is to be confined to challenge channels.

Immunity Challenges:

{02} Every round will possess an Immunity Challenge. Winners of the Immunity Challenge will be safe from elimination that round and cannot be voted out at the Tribal Council.

{03} The outcomes of all Challenges are final. That said, however, be sure to keep Rule 03 of General Rules in mind.

{04} Unless otherwise stated, you may use outside resources for any challenge.

Tribal Council:

{07} Tribal Council is where players are eliminated. Before the merge, only the losing tribe or tribes will visit TC, and will vote one player off. After the merge, all remaining players will go to TC, including immunity challenge winners.

{08} Tribal Councils will last approximately 5-10 minutes from the end of the challenge. If a player fails to submit a vote within the given time frame, they will receive a public selfvote. In the event that a player knows he or she will be unable to vote by the deadline, that player may notify the moderators and cast a conditional vote to avoid penalization.

{09} The results of Tribal Councils will not be posted before the deadline.

{10} The modification of votes after they have been submitted is allowed. Players are able to change their votes as many times as they want until the Tribal Council is posted. To do so, make a new post in your voting thread so the moderators notice it. Do not edit your previous vote. Once deadline has been reached, no new votes will count regardless of if the mods are on time or late to post TC results.

{11} Mods may remove inactive players from the game at their discretion after a missed vote or participation in a challenge. We will always choose to exercise this power in the manner we feel is most healthy for the rest of the game.

{12} The outcomes of Tribal Councils are final.

{13} Questions concerning ties in the Tribal Council may be found below:

Breaking Ties

I. In the event of an initial tie, a revote shall take place. Contestants may only vote for one of the tied players, and all tied individuals may not vote. Reward items may not be used in this revote, but any reward items that have already been played will remain in play.

II. If a majority is not met in the revote, all tied players and immune players become instantly immune and the remaining players will draw rocks for elimination. In a Final 4 TC, rocks will not be drawn, and the tied players will participate in a tiebreaker challenge. It will not be a fun tiebreaker challenge.

III. In the unlikely event that all players are ineligible to receive votes, we will end the TC with nobody going home. All items used will be exhausted and an emergency challenge will be played to determine immunity. A TC will follow this challenge.

Twists:

{14} Twists will be implemented without warning or provocation throughout the game. The time and setting of each twist has already been determined, so as to neither give an unfair advantage or disadvantage to a player or group of players.

{15} Mods will not answer questions about items that are not in your possession or that may or may not exist in the game, including idols...if they exist.

Player List
1. kdowns
2. Em
3. Stoive
4. Mist7676
5. Cheery dog
6. LLD
7. xofelf
8. Firebringer
9. thebreeze
10. Vash
11. Ariel
12. Grody
13. Petapan
14. Coolcatjune
15. emrysmoonchild
16. Haschel Cedricson

Noncommittal Cowards
1. racefan12
2. tbone
3. emrysmoonchild
4. LLD
5. Shirou
6. Save the dragons

Specs (even more cowardly)
1. D3f
2. Cephrir
3. Empire
4. Silverclaw
5. ydrasse
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
ORAM
ORAM
She/Her
Townie
ORAM
She/Her
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:20 am

Post by ORAM »

/in, hype
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:09 pm

Post by Ausuka »

/in
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:55 pm

Post by racefan12 »

Posting to keep this on my mind... I probably will not be around then, but if I am, I'd be down to play.
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
stoive
stoive
he
Townie
stoive
he
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:01 am

Post by stoive »

/in
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:06 am

Post by T-Bone »

/maybe
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:37 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Bumping this! Please sign up so that I am not sad.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:47 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

/non-committal coward
George Bailey
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:19 am

Post by Mist7676 »

i am technically working in this day and it is hit ir miss if it's busy. (i sell fireworks and sometimes the 30th is busy for new years buyers) so i will tentatively /in with a most likely being super busy and only challenging and being premerged lol
You Are Worth It
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:08 am

Post by Meuh »

/in (probably)
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:58 pm

Post by racefan12 »

In post 8, Mist7676 wrote: i am technically working in this day and it is hit ir miss if it's busy. (i sell fireworks and sometimes the 30th is busy for new years buyers) so i will tentatively /in with a most likely being super busy and only challenging and being premerged lol
This reminds me that not every state is Texas, where fireworks sales are only legal during the 10 days before July 4th and the 10 days before New Year's.
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
Searl
Searl
He/Him
Townie
Searl
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:23 am

Post by Searl »

In post 8, Mist7676 wrote: i sell fireworks
somehow this makes your survivor gameplay make so much more sense
Alt account (please DM if you need to know of whom)
Avatar by the incredible Finbeard
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:35 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 10, racefan12 wrote:
In post 8, Mist7676 wrote: i am technically working in this day and it is hit ir miss if it's busy. (i sell fireworks and sometimes the 30th is busy for new years buyers) so i will tentatively /in with a most likely being super busy and only challenging and being premerged lol
This reminds me that not every state is Texas
Thank God
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:29 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Probably in
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:56 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

This reminds me that not every state is Texas, where fireworks sales are only legal during the 10 days before July 4th and the 10 days before New Year's.
i can't tell if you're saying this because you think i live in texas or you think i don't live in texas
You Are Worth It
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:49 pm

Post by the worst »

i'm most likely out, but egoing this because i'm going to try my hardest to be there
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:55 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 14, Mist7676 wrote:
i can't tell if you're saying this because you think i live in texas or you think i don't live in texas
To me this just tells me that you live near the Pennsylvania border
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:55 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

While I’m here, can’t play but will probably spec

(profile pic by datisi)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:35 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

/non-committal coward
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:33 pm

Post by Skelda »

/in
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:21 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

:)
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:08 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

In post 16, D3f3nd3r wrote:
???
You Are Worth It
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:52 am

Post by Meuh »

/out :( work
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:12 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 21, Mist7676 wrote:
In post 16, D3f3nd3r wrote:
???
The only place I ever see fireworks sold is just inside the PA state border, so that people can buy them and then drive straight back into their home state (NY/NJ/MD/etc) where you can’t legally buy them

(profile pic by datisi)
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:34 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

The design is finished for this game and it's pretty exciting if I do say so myself!

Getting some eyes on it for review purposes but we should be all good to go.

Return to “Completed Marathon Games”