fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:30 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

heavily considering just accepting that shiki wins if it's scum and that the possibility is likely slim anyway and just townbinning
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:32 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

went to go read to confirm the choice i had already made and i actually think black's posting around ari is kind of questionable but im going to pretend i didn't see that
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:39 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 238, fireisredsir wrote: its not impossible but i think its a little unlikely that ari as scum would see a gamestate where things were kinda dead and nothing was happening, and decide to break that by starting a wagon on knott

it's like a pretty proactive, get things moving, prod the town to life sort of play

and she could just not do that
reading through again, i actually kind of stand by this, i dont really think she would be very likely to do this, but that's more if knott is town

i wasn't really thinking about the potential world of knott scum at the time

it seems more probable in that world because there's like a very specific targeted goal
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:42 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1099, fireisredsir wrote: only town posted on this page imo
probably true

the vibe still feels correct reading through now
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:52 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i dunno i don't really think it's meuh
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:57 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1625, fireisredsir wrote: heavily considering just accepting that shiki wins if it's scum and that the possibility is likely slim anyway and just townbinning
this post was probably unhelpful. i do think shiki has been towny
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:56 am

Post by Dannflor »

hi apologies for my absence this week ive been on vacation which means i have no time for mafia

I’ll try to do a proper catchup tonight

Skimming the thread right now i guess im leaning towards afrayed knott

Meuh seems pretty unagended and like she isn’t really playing to endgame so yeah

Fire also townreads her and i find myself trusting fire
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:57 am

Post by Dannflor »

Ig i think is a townie kind of defensive
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:58 am

Post by Dannflor »

shiki seems very motivated which i kind of inherently dont trust but i dont scum read any of her content today
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:16 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1633, Dannflor wrote: shiki seems very motivated which i kind of inherently dont trust but i dont scum read any of her content today
this is probably along the lines of what i was wrestling with as well. i don't think it is particularly fair to be mistrustful of that but it was still in the back of my mind

i think it does have plenty of motivation to be seen as town when it is town, in addition to the usual solving motivation
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: idk she it me

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:51 am

Post by shiki »

other people's impressions of me are always so strange to me like i haven't really felt particularly motivated this game ya know like i'm a fullon zombie right now and can barely even read and there are versions of myself where my spark hasn't been sealed away in some unreachable abyss who would just read 30 games in an attempt to create a model of everyone

however! the paranoia is good if a non-me town is eliminated whoever is the scums should bring me to final three and write a case during the night and vote me at daystart i'll even help with the case if you want
feel free to delete this ghost
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:53 am

Post by shiki »

i haven't gotten to play a final three as town in sososo long
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:56 am

Post by shiki »

(part of what is kinda !!! to me about afrayed knott's approach here is that he is also doing the like, kinda paranoid positioning towards me but i don't really understand why like not familiar with me and i haven't been doing 'good scums' things here and!! the things afrayed knott has noted with regards to me ignore the obvious things? of like, put self in position to have oversized weight on who was eliminated and then eliminated a town?)
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:57 am

Post by shiki »

like if it was black and white thing where it was like, did this thing that benefited the scums and is therefore possibly a scums!! it would still be incorrect i am simply a terrible town but at least i can see it
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:02 am

Post by shiki »

In post 1607, Afrayed Knott wrote: The whole interaction around daisy and the vote upvote are strange. She votes and says she wants to ‘poke here’ then invites as Ari starts to get some pressure. This is rather interesting
In post 675, Meuh wrote: I'm kind of concerned about how universal the feeling the bad feelings on Ari have been, but I definitely don't adore her recent posting

well meuh was pressured and then aristeia was pressured and then meuh starts wagon on oopsiedaisy that quickly goes to e-1 at which point meuh unvotes

sure could have simply been to reset game to position with new shiny wagon and then game moves on possible yes - i know that meuh is pretty good with voting/unvoting as a scums based on past experience

however then the oopsiedaisy wagon returns a while later with aristeia putting it to e-1 and meuh saying she won't be hammering it and it is hard for my little brain to comprehend why in that exact situation if aristeia and meuh were partnered why the outcome would not have been meuh puts oopsiedaisy to e-1 and aristeia lolhammers
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:03 am

Post by shiki »

instead it feels like aristeia voting and hoping that meuh would hammer which she wouldn't be hoping for if partnered, yeah?
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:05 am

Post by shiki »

In post 1609, Afrayed Knott wrote: She doesn’t even look at Daisy from what I see. Then her tongue in cheek comment about her and Daisy being partner. It’s nothing probably

hm, maybe onto something with the doesn't look at oopsiedaisy tho; there is a notable lack of that in the case of either wagon really
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:05 am

Post by shiki »

hmhmhm
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:12 am

Post by shiki »

In post 1611, Meuh wrote: Which wouldn't be bad if the rest of his posting was town indicative but like... is it? Is it really?
When I played against scum Fire, vaguely good posting kept him off my radar until it was too late
I've been able to confidently call Fire town before, and I can't do that here

i said more or less this earlier but it's like, like yeah i've seen town!fireisredsir burn so brightly green before but i've also seen town!fireisredsir not do so as well? and the same is absolutely true about dannflor also
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:14 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1635, shiki wrote: other people's impressions of me are always so strange to me like i haven't really felt particularly motivated this game ya know like i'm a fullon zombie right now and can barely even read and there are versions of myself where my spark hasn't been sealed away in some unreachable abyss who would just read 30 games in an attempt to create a model of everyone

however! the paranoia is good if a non-me town is eliminated whoever is the scums should bring me to final three and write a case during the night and vote me at daystart i'll even help with the case if you want
i think "motivated" probably isn't a word that properly encapsulates the feeling

maybe "driven" is better

it's not exactly that there is an overwhelming inspiration to post and to solve and be seen as town and all of that type of energy

it's also i think the nature of your posts feeling relatively like they have a strong direction to them. there's still a lot of asides and such, but the way in which the central flow of ideas moves feels purposeful. maybe more than i would expect it to

this is vague and not something that is necessarily scummy but it is i think a more accurate description of what is in the back of my mind making me wary
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:15 am

Post by shiki »

In post 1613, Meuh wrote: Am I crazy or is that just partnered

idk it's tough for me because i was more or less at the same decision point of eliminating elements or aristeia there and came down on the elements side as well

doesn't seem impossible to me for it to come from partners but i don't see what there strongly points to it being likely
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:18 am

Post by shiki »

In post 1644, fireisredsir wrote: it's also i think the nature of your posts feeling relatively like they have a strong direction to them. there's still a lot of asides and such, but the way in which the central flow of ideas moves feels purposeful. maybe more than i would expect it to

i think this probably comes with me being more of a zombie like instead of all of my thoughts being on top of eachother

same thing with the fact that i'm easier to communicate with when i'm braindead as well,

idk
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:25 am

Post by shiki »

In post 1620, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1532, shiki wrote:
In post 1531, Dannflor wrote: what are your thoughts on ari arranging the hoods in the way she did if she’s partnered with Afrayed?

You were using that as a defense earlier on D1

still think it'd be weird for her to have done so in this way and it's the thing that makes me feel the uneasiest about an afrayed knott/aristeia pairing right now

because sending a newbie to the large neighbourhood and then pushing them and playing in the way aristeia did in general (small neighbourhood doesn't matter etc) really does seem like a lot of added pressure for partner and the split makes more sense for other partners as i said - really for any of the other three of you as you're all strong scum players - but that doesn't make the other factors go away and were afrayed knott an experienced mafia player i think aristeia's play around the slot would make a lot of sense for a partner

if they are partners i kinda wonder if aristeia asked which neighbourhood afrayed knott preferred and afrayed knott chose the large neighbourhood

i think aristeia definitely chose ydrasse to go with her obviously

but then look at the situation we are currently in which is also more or less the situation aristeia was largely playing towards throughout the game it's just a weird situation to throw a newbie into yeah? just don't know how to weigh that against other things
does it change your opinion if afrayed is a relatively experienced mafia player and is perhaps underselling his experience with the "im still learning" thing in etc

this is part of what i meant with the knowingness of the questions

however the way afrayed knott played today didn't really feel like an experienced scums felt more like if scums actively did not know what to do in that situation like just pushing all-in on kinda doomed position would be more traditional scum thing to do there because it's deadended 'why would i as a scums' etc
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:33 am

Post by shiki »

In post 1624, fireisredsir wrote: still though i think it's incredibly generous to refer to "they are blatantly fabricating their reads and don't appear to have real thoughts to support the directions they're moving" as "a playstyle oriented thing"

i think in this case it's probably applicable,

yeah should have known better elimination so bad sorry elements
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:45 am

Post by shiki »

In post 1631, Dannflor wrote: Meuh seems pretty unagended and like she isn’t really playing to endgame so yeah

eh i dunno like meuh hasn't felt like a scums to me here but i don't see how agenda or playing to endgame would present itself to you i guess

it is like, meuh only needs to do so in the absence of anyone else doing so if she is the by default elimination, yeah?

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”