Mafia Reunion | Postgame

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3375 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:36 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I don’t think it was as scum sided as it came across.

I get why it feels that way, though.

We stopped your Cop from getting actions on Night 2.

I came up with the Unstoppable which made it seem like there wasn’t a broken back and forth defensive Strat in the FG.

We had no real clue who our partners were (although Maestro laid it on way too think on Day 3. Still don’t understand their play there, but it worked out).

I feel like Theta and I were nearly POE’d, but we spent the game controlling day narrative.

It swinged towards us early because of the first 2 misfades (I quick hammered the 2nd one for a reason), and town lost the 3rd party early through the actions, which lowered numbers.

This game was a lot closer than it looked, especially because Converts and OG Addict didn’t know the others, and even we didn’t because of how the Real Name thing worked, which was true.
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3376 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:37 pm

Post by Abnegation »

i spectated this game. congrats cult!
and condolences about the altslip, drew.
Show
lowercase alt of alianna.

i will be my undoing if i become my obsession.
i will forget the ones i love if i do not serve them.
i will war with others if i refuse to see them.
therefore i choose to turn away from my reflection,
to rely not on myself
but on my brothers and sisters,
to project always outwards
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3377 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:40 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

For instance, if Hu Tao targeted Theta or myself (if I didn’t fake claim Miller)

That was basically a direct guilty and 50% of our team gone.

Only 2 specific members of scum needed to die for town to win, but we pulled ahead early.

Like if Hu Tao and Aureal targeted Theta and I Night 1, and if Aureal got the conveter, that was game over.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #3378 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:56 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I had no clue what to do this game, didn’t fully catch up cuz that was intimidating and I didn’t want to step on the plans the main faction cult was doing so did the bare minimum I could think of
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3379 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:18 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 3378, JacksonVirgo wrote: I had no clue what to do this game, didn’t fully catch up cuz that was intimidating and I didn’t want to step on the plans the main faction cult was doing so did the bare minimum I could think of
i think thats what bianco did too. i think thats the nature of this setup because converts do have to protect the group scum.

i imagine it doesn't feel good to be converted, though. I guess you came into the game like that, though.

Bianco did target both group scum members with their target, and i even hard defended what I thought was a Dan case about the 3 of us scum, but he was town casing us.

Theta, JV, and I were all Novice/Non-Consecutive, so was hoping that didn't get out too much.
Theta and I had roles that were kinda helpful, but not really, so it really was a matter of controlling day play.

Me testing out Gamma Ascetic claim helped tremendously, and I likely wouldn't have done that without getting the coffee/recruit on Bianco Day 1, so that is a swing that went in our favor.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3380 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:26 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 3379, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 3378, JacksonVirgo wrote: I had no clue what to do this game, didn’t fully catch up cuz that was intimidating and I didn’t want to step on the plans the main faction cult was doing so did the bare minimum I could think of
i think thats what bianco did too. i think thats the nature of this setup because converts do have to protect the group scum.

i imagine it doesn't feel good to be converted, though. I guess you came into the game like that, though.

Bianco did target both group scum members with their target, and i even hard defended what I thought was a Dan case about the 3 of us scum, but he was town casing us.

Theta, JV, and I were all Novice/Non-Consecutive, so was hoping that didn't get out too much.
Theta and I had roles that were kinda helpful, but not really, so it really was a matter of controlling day play.

Me testing out Gamma Ascetic claim helped tremendously, and I likely wouldn't have done that without getting the coffee/recruit on Bianco Day 1, so that is a swing that went in our favor.
Just had a thought, now I know when we don't fight in a game......you are scum lol.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3381 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:30 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 3380, Doctor Drew wrote:

Just had a thought, now I know when we don't fight in a game......you are scum lol.
well, i would have faked it, but you were too trusting of me :lol:
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3382 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:30 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

i tried to fake it, the Dan case was too strong, though lol
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3383 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:33 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 3381, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 3380, Doctor Drew wrote:

well, i would have faked it, but you were too trusting of me :lol:
There was a nagging paranoia that you were pulling a fast one on us, but I kept doubting it as just that. Plus I was so tunneled on Dan I didn't have time to actually think about you lol.

Apologies to Dan for that as well.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3384 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:47 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 3367, Radical Rat wrote: Flavor is a damn good bullshitter, and though I was already onto Theta, I probably wouldn't have ever caught Flavor had I survived. My guy basically claimed NK immune miller and we all just believed him.
Informed NK immune miller. ;) i had to retract that the next couple phases, though, ofc, lol
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3385 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:51 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 3384, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 3367, Radical Rat wrote: Flavor is a damn good bullshitter, and though I was already onto Theta, I probably wouldn't have ever caught Flavor had I survived. My guy basically claimed NK immune miller and we all just believed him.
Informed NK immune miller. ;) i had to retract that the next couple phases, though, ofc, lol
Just curious why you two chose who to convert, and why in that order?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3386 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:53 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 3385, Doctor Drew wrote:
I gave the name Nova. we got Nova.

Gave the name Arden, got Arden.

Didnt get a N3 one.

Roden had claimed Lennox, so we went Lennox because I could warrant teaming up with Roden in thread, and he was starting to town read Dan, so didnt want to lose his vote.

You were chosen as the 'take them to win with us'.

So Roden was the only choice, and only one we knew 100%. And only kinda knew 100% because Roden started coming after me too, haha.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3387 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:04 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 3386, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 3385, Doctor Drew wrote:
I gave the name Nova. we got Nova.

Gave the name Arden, got Arden.

Didnt get a N3 one.

Roden had claimed Lennox, so we went Lennox because I could warrant teaming up with Roden in thread, and he was starting to town read Dan, so didnt want to lose his vote.

You were chosen as the 'take them to win with us'.

So Roden was the only choice, and only one we knew 100%. And only kinda knew 100% because Roden started coming after me too, haha.
The only reason you would convert me was when you knew you would win lol, but appreciated.

Roden definitely had a tonal shift, seemed obv they were a convert.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3388 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:34 pm

Post by Aureal »

I think I've gotta stick to openish games for a while. This kinda thing is killing me. Just because it's got a bastard mechanic that doesn't mean the rest of it's got to be wack. NK's role is just a big middle finger to town- it's just straight up negative utility and thus drove everyone to the wrong PoE.

When scum gets to just give town information about how the damn game works and get away with it, it's probably a sign that town does not have enough information.

Without that damn FG misdirection, I maaaaaybe eventually start to consider Leaf? There were certainly points where I poked at the idea a little, but his play kept me from bothering to seriously try to disentangle whether all his roleclaim worked. I sort of realized that I didn't actually have a specifically strong reason to exclude him in my PoE notes right at the end there so I just went with "oh come on" and probably could've delved more into that in a world where it wasn't too late and people actually cared. :?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #3389 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:53 pm

Post by Maestro »

yeah basically when it looked like FL was trying to fade me I wanted to make it appear to any sane person there was no way in fuck I looked like their convert partner lol
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3390 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:46 pm

Post by Titus »

I think if we hit a cult, conversion should have been blocked. We had a total of what three miseliminations the entire game and no info
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3391 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:47 pm

Post by ActionDan »

I do think the choice of culting drew was appropriate
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3392 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:07 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 3391, ActionDan wrote: I do think the choice of culting drew was appropriate
Kinda was that if somehow the game continued I would have been such obvCult(even I wasn't recruited)
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3393 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:55 pm

Post by RH9 »

I'll finish writing the victory flavour soon.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3394 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:55 pm

Post by RH9 »

Or at least get something there.

v/la every weekend

Narration
Narration
he/him
Goon
Narration
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3395 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:09 pm

Post by Narration »

I'll release threads later today when I return home.
Sorry for forgetting to do so this morning.
Moderator Account Of RH9, specifically for Themes
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3396 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:25 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 3395, Narration wrote: I'll release threads later today when I return home.
Sorry for forgetting to do so this morning.
:shifty:
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3397 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:05 pm

Post by RH9 »

I ended up busier than expected and forgot.
I promise I'll get them released once I get the time.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum