Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:57 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1549, DeasVail wrote: VOTE: Implosion

There!

I did it.

I’m sorry if this isn’t right. With Appearance there is a certain amount of… unawareness to the extent that I’m not actually sure he can be scum? But I just don’t know… but what I do know is that it’s looking like I’m not really going to have any more information than what I have now.

Aah!
:\

I am inclined to think that this is a wrong vote from town even with no hammer for however many hours it's been.

I've come down with a cold so not going to be doing a ton right now but, if you are town, please unvote. I feel like if i'm right and you are town then it is possible to get to a point of you figuring out that I'm town still

if I'm wrong then well, etc.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:17 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Sorry implo :/

At this point I'm not sure I can go back! I'm pretty sure Appearance has been ~around~ but hasn't checked in here for whatever reason, and I'm always going to convince myself that he would have been more likely to just check the thread and hammer as scum, even though I know that is fallible reasoning.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:28 pm

Post by implosion »

if he was around and town he would have posted to show he's not hammering. he just hasn't been around
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:28 pm

Post by implosion »

i'm going to have a lot of egg on my face if you are scum but oy
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:30 pm

Post by DeasVail »

how come?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:31 pm

Post by DeasVail »

in a world where you are town, i have the most egg-on-face
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:11 pm

Post by implosion »

in a world where we both are town yes, you'd have egg on your face

in a world where you are scum, you do not have egg on your face... because you are scum
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:13 pm

Post by implosion »

idk, i feel like if i were scum here i'd just accept the crossvote and not like. freak out about you voting me with this much time having passed. maybe i'm wrong but if i'm right then losing this game just feels so bad
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:35 pm

Post by DeasVail »

The egg will surely crack any moment now…
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:00 am

Post by implosion »

.-.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:40 am

Post by Appearance »

In post 1552, implosion wrote: if he was around and town he would have posted to show he's not hammering. he just hasn't been around
that's true. sorry. rl has been busy.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:42 am

Post by Appearance »

implo is making me worried that he is town.
but he's a good player so i'm conflicted honestly.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:47 am

Post by implosion »

welp.

VOTE: DeasVail

I am town but I don't really blame you if you make the wrong call here. I guess T3 was right at least
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:09 am

Post by DeasVail »

Oh phew
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:55 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1562, implosion wrote: welp.

VOTE: DeasVail

I am town but I don't really blame you if you make the wrong call here. I guess T3 was right at least
Meanwhile Appearance, I
will
blame you if you make the wrong call, so there’s one option that results in no blame at all! :twisted:

Just kidding, it’s all good no matter what you decide, but we’re so close!!!

If you are worried about me being scum/implosion being town, I do have some things I could say about that. For example:
- Klick knows me well and read me as town
- I like to think I had a decent role in diffusing the Klick/Dragon suspicion of each other to help push the fire elimination through
- my approach to this day would be much higher risk if scum. In a world where I am scum and implosion is town, it makes more sense for me to rely on implosion voting you than relying on you voting implosion.

When it comes to implosion, I think he has played a super clever game, and he kept making me question my scumread on him, but I do think there are signs there. For example the day where fire was eliminated, he kept saying that fire was the best elim but did nothing to help push that through as if he was hoping for something else to emerge, but he also did not push an alternative… he was just… there!

I also think a lot of the play since I voted for him has kind of been performance, which is why I didn’t unvote! The whole thing about egg on his face, struck me as something town wouldn’t naturally think, because I thought they would be more immediately worried about you hammering than me being scum. It was like he was preparing for the 1v1 with me before you had even posted.

That is my piece for now I guess. I am satisfied no matter how this goes, but I’m excited to have gotten to this point and hope we can pull through!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:55 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1564, DeasVail wrote: - Klick knows me well and read me as town
This is, at the very least, not a reason to consider DV town over me. I was Klick's professed strongest townread (which also implies Klick wasn't certain on DV) and DV as scum has plenty of reason to shoot Klick if DV thinks Klick can read him, because he'd be afraid of Klick reading him right in eLo.
- my approach to this day would be much higher risk if scum. In a world where I am scum and implosion is town, it makes more sense for me to rely on implosion voting you than relying on you voting implosion.
This is in some sense fair (and why I don't blame Appearance if he gets it wrong). DV is, I would guess, afraid of me close-reading things and changing my mind, given that I've been reading and evaluating and (as I said) I wasn't sold on DV being town initially. I mean, it's very good play. But it does make sense from scum because it gives him the upper hand in the 1v1. Actually there's a good chance he just came into today with this as his plan and is just following through on that. I don't claim to know exactly why he's playing the way he is but it's definitely sensible to do as scum
In post 1564, DeasVail wrote: For example the day where fire was eliminated, he kept saying that fire was the best elim but did nothing to help push that through as if he was hoping for something else to emerge, but he also did not push an alternative… he was just… there!
This is like, extremely not how I would play there as scum. If I wanted to bus, I'd have bussed. Compare my other recent coalition game where I wound up hard bussing my partner d1 after we were both on coalition; obviously, different circumstances, but yeah, in practice in this setup when I was scum and decided I wanted to bus (and probably in a gamestate where it was much less clear that my scum partner was going to be the lim, if anything) I hard bussed. I think my play this game probably looks almost nothing like that game, and for reasons that are largely alignment; in that game I had an intricate plan spanning several days I was trying to execute. My towngame is much less like that, as illustrated by me not really actually trying to push things through (like the fire lim), because, well, I've felt pretty bad about my reads for most of this game and even fire I felt very very bad about flipping scum, in the way of like, I felt like there was some doom in the air if he did flip town and that there were pretty good odds of it even if I felt like it was the best lim.
DV wrote:I also think a lot of the play since I voted for him has kind of been performance, which is why I didn’t unvote! The whole thing about egg on his face, struck me as something town wouldn’t naturally think, because I thought they would be more immediately worried about you hammering than me being scum. It was like he was preparing for the 1v1 with me before you had even posted.
I mean I think DV could say this about literally anything I had posted after he voted me lol

It's also just a misrepresentation of what happened, I was worried about Appearance hammering... which is why I asked DV to unvote. I was literally immediately worried about Appearance hammering. And then DV doubled down, and so yeah, I was being somewhat performative at that point because I thought him voting me was losing the game and it didn't seem like I could convince him otherwise and I didn't have the energy to like, launch a wall of text at it. In retrospect DV seemed like he wasn't going to be convinced because he's scum and thought he needed to commit to this tact.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:42 pm

Post by Appearance »

tbh implo's self-meta does seem accurate based on my memory of how he played as scum in coalition.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:48 pm

Post by DeasVail »

he's still scum though :(
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:07 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I guess for me in deciding it was a similar process to the fireisred vote. In fact, I feel like I had even
less
specific reason to think fireisred was scum, but I refuse to be fooled by the "reaonable-ness" on the surface!

In the end, I just went with what I felt was right.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:26 pm

Post by implosion »

Appearance, there is also a wealth of game that has happened to draw from. I'm not completely sure how checked out you have been from things that have gone on while you were on vacation. There's plenty of time until deadline if you want to either eventually read our ISOs, or ask any questions, etc.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:54 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Nah, just do what you feel I reckon
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:05 pm

Post by Appearance »

In post 1569, implosion wrote: Appearance, there is also a wealth of game that has happened to draw from. I'm not completely sure how checked out you have been from things that have gone on while you were on vacation. There's plenty of time until deadline if you want to either eventually read our ISOs, or ask any questions, etc.
i have mostly caught up now with the pages that i missed on vacation.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:45 pm

Post by Appearance »

i'll make a decision eventually.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:16 pm

Post by DeasVail »

it's cool, we're chill
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:03 pm

Post by implosion »

Take your time. The longer it takes, the more hot takes we get to see from the dead thread.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”