Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:42 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1574, implosion wrote: Take your time. The longer it takes, the more hot takes we get to see from the dead thread.
I was thinking that too :D
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:43 pm

Post by DeasVail »

inb4 it's just all silent because no one cares anymore
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:08 am

Post by Appearance »

In post 1574, implosion wrote: Take your time. The longer it takes, the more hot takes we get to see from the dead thread.
true.
ngl rn there are things in both of your favour.
which is unhelpful for me as both of those things aren't hard to fake as scum tho you both are good scum players so you would take that risk.
i need to check if dv is a gambity player as scum tbh.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:52 am

Post by implosion »

<48 hours.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:21 pm

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 4.1

PlayerVotes
implosion
(1)
DeasVail (1549)
DeasVail
(1)
implosion (1562)
Not Voting
(1)
Appearance

With 3 players alive, it takes 2 votes to eliminate.

No elimination has been achieved. The Day 4 deadline is in (expired on 2024-02-18 12:00:00).
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:26 pm

Post by Appearance »

i think i'll go with my gut here. sorry if wrong.
VOTE: dv
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:36 pm

Post by Prism »

THE DIE IS CAST

I'M GONNA EAT AND TAKE CARE OF MISCELLANEA FIRST SO ENJOY THE SUSPENSE NERDS
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:37 am

Post by Prism »

Working on the endgame now, but in the meantime VC 4.0 now has flavor!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:59 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 4.2

We've got the make this the most perfect day!
It'd be a shame if we let this one get away!

PlayerVotes
DeasVail
(2)
implosion (1562), Appearance (1580)
implosion
(1)
DeasVail (1549)
Not Voting
(0)

With 3 players alive, it takes 2 votes to eliminate.

An elimination has been achieved! Day 4 is over. Please stand by for resolution.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:05 am

Post by Prism »

Day 4 End

The discussions are the same as ever. What's the best kind of cheese on pizza? Trick question, any kind of cheese. What's Charles's favorite slice of pie? The Supreme.

The last lasagna lover knows what is coming, but is numb. He sees it already, the torture, the final feast to Charles. He feels void already, the whirling blades, the grating teeth, the molten cheese of fire filling every blood vessel in his body at once, the ghostly flashes of what remained of his parents, of fireisredsir, firing across every neuron of his small child brain.

The discussions drag on, but he knows they are pointless. He knows his adversaries too well, understands them better than they know themselves, an infinite lifetime of bitter and painful trial and error will not fail him here.

It matters not. Even when they inevitably kill DeasVail, Charles awaits.

Charles awaits! He always awaits!

Carefully, the lasagna lover watches for fireisredsir's most recent corpse, the one with the missing head and its arms twisted into a broken pretzel. As it passed by the table, he quickly nabs the object from his pocket. How long have he and fireisredsir been working on this? If nothing else, he must preserve it for the next time.

The lower panel is gob's scapula carved flat. The spring is stolen from an arcade machine. The levers are made from fireisredsir's own fingerbones. As discussion continues, he takes scrapes off a small amount of cheese from a pizza slice and carefully rolls it into a ball.

Soon the decision is made. He and Appearance grab DeasVail, one on each arm, and throw him, screaming and begging for his life, into the infinite maws of Charles. The faces of Charles converge and church bells strike a solemn tone from every side, for the hour is at hand. The lobby is back, but there is so much blood that it reaches the children's knees. Lightning and thunder crash overhead.

Appearance turns to implosion. "So did we finally get him?" asks Appearance. "You never do." says implosion with great sadness. He briefly closes his eyes to shield him from what is to come. Charles leaps from the bloody depths, and with a giant hand, shoves Appearance into a pizza slice and chomps him to dust. The last implosion hears of him is "ANYTHING FOR YOU CHARLES!" The great rat does a spinning flourish in the air before splashing down to the sanguine ocean. implosion feels the oceanic levels rise. The air fills with the laughter of the great mouse.

He desperately swims towards the floating table, grasping onto the edges. Very carefully, he puts the device they have sacrificed so much for onto the table. This is all that he has. He closes his eyes and prepares to embrace his eternally recurring fate.

implosion hears a snap, and quickly looks. Caught in the mouse trap, flailing wildly and desperate for the cheese, is an ordinary, gentle-looking rat. The laughter stops, the thunder and lightning cease, and the bloody ocean drains. With one hand, implosion holds up the rodent tyrant that has tormented himself and fireisredsir for time unknowable: centuries, millennia, millions of years, made toys and playthings out of their friends and family.

implosion breathes a sigh of relief like no other. He ponders what to do with his vanquished target. Worried that this is false hope and another trick, he still decides his only choice is to play along. He decides to give him a taste of his own medicine. He bites the head off of the rat in one clean chomp and flicks the rest away.

The world frays and turns to static. implosion is walking into the Chuck E. Cheese, but is begging his mother to take him home as he feels sick. As usual, it is futile.

implosion enters the play area and passes by DragonEater70, T3, and Appearance. As always, they know nothing. He quickly locks eyes with his old friend fireisredsir. He gives an uncertain shrug. Only time will tell. fireisredsir nods in fear.

"Anyway, as I was saying, lasagna is NEVER going to be better than pizza, but you'll still be my friend forever!" says DeasVail to implosion. "Wanna play some skeeball? If I win, pizza is number one!" says gob to fireisredsir. What a wonderful party!

As the party winds down, the children begin to return home. The parents have to work so hard to separate implosion and fireisredsir, who seem closer than ever. Tears of happiness stream down their faces.

"Mom, can I have some lasagna when we get home?" asks fireisredsir. "Of course, honey."

As they step into their separate cars, they are overjoyed to wake from this cosmic horror. But both have the same question on their minds.

...Is it really over?

DeasVail was a
Real Pizza Kid

A win condition has been achieved!

The Dirty Lasagna Lovers, consisting of implosion and fireisredsir, are the victors of Open 899!

implosion survives and wins! He was a
Dirty Lasagna Lover

Appearance was endgamed! He was a
Real Pizza Kid
Last edited by Prism on Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:05 am

Post by Prism »

All topic links can be found here.

Main Thread
Mod PT
Dirty Lasagna Lovers (Mafia) PT
The Chuck E. Cheese Parking Lot (Dead/Spec) PT

The game is over, and you may now post.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:08 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Also, I feel so good about identifying implosion as scum so early. And about solving the game by like page 6. And also I feel like DV should have probably pointed out to Appearance that I died N2 and that if I hadn't died then I would've pushed implosion who was my number 1 scumread all game long and that maybe this means something about implosion's alignment but oh well, I know that it's sometimes hard to convince the other townie in ELo and especially against implosion.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:09 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Good job scum!

You played well, apparently.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:10 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Sorry that sounds rude. You played well, period. I just have extra good implosion!scum sensors or something.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:13 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

On the flip side, now I can finally nominate Prism for Paperback Writer.

I'll probably do that tomorrow.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:16 am

Post by Prism »

Thanks for playing everyone! I hope you had fun, and what a tense ending. I'm impressed scum managed to claw it all the way back!

I'm especially grateful to the replacements: gob, Dunnstral, and fireisredsir. The players may have hated replacements so much that you were the first three to go, but I love you!

Congratulations as well to gob and DragonEater70, who may not have won the game but both won avatar bets! On Day 2, gob guessed that there would be 2 mafia in a pool of implosion, fireisredsir, and DragonEater70, earning him a week's selection of my avatar. On Day 3, DragonEater70 guessed that the last mafia was implosion, winning three days' selection of my avatar. Whoever turns in their winning tickets first gets first dibs on the prize!

This flavor took a, uh, much different turn than I expected. Originally, I wasn't going to flavor the game at all, and I wanted something really low-effort. I decided to go for what I considered a 2-second joke JUST to troll implosion, with literally no other purpose. I have a 13 year history of using that Pizza Kids video as a sort of link-swapping Rick Roll, and I only do it for implosion. I figured this was a good chance to catch him off-guard, and I had no idea for what the game would become.

Spoiler: Transcript of me choosing the flavor
Prism — 12/31/2023 1:23 PM
i thought of the worst thing here i could possibly do
i have a 13 year history of linking implosion this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXerF6crDRs
i theme the game around this video
fferyllt — 12/31/2023 1:23 PM
heh!
JUST to fuck with implosion, no other reason
fferyllt — 12/31/2023 1:23 PM
Is implosion around enough to be trolled?
he's in the game
fferyllt — 12/31/2023 1:24 PM
AHHHH!
Prism — 12/31/2023 1:25 PM
True Pizza Kids v. ?_?
i am so close to doing this
it's a problem
Real Pizza Kids v. Disgusting Spaghetti Fans
fferyllt — 12/31/2023 1:27 PM
pineapple topping vs pineapple anathema
Prism — 12/31/2023 1:28 PM
i thought about that one but i'm team pineapple so
fferyllt — 12/31/2023 1:28 PM
so make them town!
and a true pizza kid would never gatekeep
fferyllt — 12/31/2023 1:28 PM
ah
Real Pizza Kids v. Pizza Elitists
but god this is SUCH A PROBLEM this is literally just for a quick 2 second bit to mess with implosion

Needless to say this turned into way more than a 2 second bit. I really don't know when I decided to take this the Lord of the Flies cosmic horror route, but at some point I was committed and people seemed to enjoy it.
Last edited by Prism on Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:18 am

Post by Prism »

Oh, and for those that want more flavor, every phase start and activity prod contained extra flavor. They're all collected here in the mod PT.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:43 am

Post by Gypyx »

honestly i'm gonna be real i was gonna nominate this for paperback writer, i think the flavor was spot on and while maybe not an absolutely flawless work of art, i think it's a great example of something that reasonably acheivable
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:44 am

Post by Gypyx »

for any kind of games*
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:50 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1592, Gypyx wrote: honestly i'm gonna be real i was gonna nominate this for paperback writer
Go for it!
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:56 am

Post by fireisredsir »

yay, great job to implosion for carrying things across the finish line!!

also shoutout to kyouko for clawing her way into the coalition at the last minute while still managing to leave me enough room to survive a little. i think both players played the end of coalition phase really well to instill doubt that scum was okay with the status quo, it's a very tricky balance to pull off

really well played to town though as a whole, i was hoping to get two elims before i died and y'all made things a lot trickier for us by just not letting that happen. i think i could have played things better especially at the end of day 1, but im glad we won in the end

and many thanks to prism for being a lovely mod as always and writing such fun flavor. end scene was excellent
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:02 am

Post by Klick »

GG scum :)

I was really hoping we could lock down three town on D3, because the first thing I was going to do was make a DV town case and the second thing I was going to do was try to solidify Appearance's alignment

I have a lot to think about in terms of improvement from this game
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:13 am

Post by DeasVail »

Good game!!
In post 1596, Klick wrote: GG scum :)

I was really hoping we could lock down three town on D3, because the first thing I was going to do was make a DV town case and the second thing I was going to do was try to solidify Appearance's alignment

I have a lot to think about in terms of improvement from this game
It's the same for me. In this case, I really underestimated the chance of me getting miseliminated at the end there.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:20 am

Post by Klick »

The main piece of evidence I felt was compelling for DV-town was Kyouko's investment in getting into the coalition at the times she was going for it. I feel like implosion became much more likely scum when Kyouko was the partner because it explained the sense of urgency
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:22 am

Post by DeasVail »

^just more on that. The hammer on T3 was because I didn't want him talking about how implosion was cleared because I hard-disagreed, but I also didn't want to talk about how I thought it was implosion if not T3 because I didn't want to die. But then I also thought I would be cleared after the fire flip, so that's on me.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”