Vote Count 3.1

PlayerVotes
T3
(2)
Klick (1517), Appearance (1519)
Not Voting
(3)
implosion, DeasVail, T3

With 5 players alive, it takes 3 votes to eliminate.

No elimination has been achieved. The Day 3 deadline is in (expired on 2024-02-14 18:30:00).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:31 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1515, Klick wrote: Actually no, thinking on it more, I think considering the context of this specific game I'd rather have discussion today because I think we can reach 3 town with a high degree of confidence.

Would still like T3's thoughts before any of that though
I don't have a
strong
preference between the options. I think the gamestate if T3 flips town without discussion is probably above average in terms of ambiguity in who scum ought to kill, sort of no matter who scum is, which is why I think low discussion could be valuable. The main thing we lose out on in that scenario is thoughts/discussion from whoever gets NKed, which could be more valuable in this game than the average game since you/me/DV are all pretty analytic types to some extent. And I guess people taking committal stances today that can be analyzed tomorrow but eh, that's the whole point.

Getting T3's thoughts is definitely good either way and if T3 does flip scum then it's all moot. I am also curious of T3's thoughts on Appearance, mostly if he's PoEing Appearance off of primarily the gob nk or also on play. He might have already said previously but I'm too lazy to go look right now.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:31 pm

Post by DeasVail »

VOTE: T3
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:48 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 3.2

PlayerVotes
T3
(3)
Klick (1517), Appearance (1519), DeasVail (1527)
Not Voting
(2)
implosion, T3

With 5 players alive, it takes 3 votes to eliminate.

An elimination has been achieved! Day 3 is over. Please stand by for resolution.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:59 am

Post by Prism »

Day 3 End

Cheap erasers, soiled napkins, shredded ticket stubs, and broken utensils are scattered over the floor of the play area.

Blood stains coat the carpet. In some sections, It is so thick that stepping on the floor causes it to seep out and onto the children's velcro sneakers.

The children are war-torn and exhausted. Rooting out heretical demons is a hard, tireless affair. As their minds frazzle under the stress, their suspicions of each other heighten.

The healthy debates over toppings that use to liven up the pizza breaks are over. Each is prodding the other, seeking to take advantage of the fatigue to penetrate the veil of the non-believer.

Eventually, one of these verbal swords hits its mark.

"Of course I hate those dirty pizza lovers," says T3. "Rotten to the core, there's no redemption for people like that, you can't even call them people anymore."

Every tired eye fires up in an instant.

"Dirty PIZZA lovers?" "What did he say?" "Pizza lovers are rotten! I heard it!" "I knew it! I bet that 3 stands for 3-layered lasagna!"

"No no no, it was a mistake! I mean to say lasagna! It was just a slip of the tongue! I'm tired!"

"Yeah right!" "No way!" "HOLD THY WRETCHED TONGUE, FOUL CHILD OF HELL, AND RETURN TO WHENCE YOU CAME!"

Three of the children pin down T3. The fourth fetches the nacho cheese from the kitchen, and begins to steadily pour. T3 coughs it up.

"I said it's not me! Stop it! Stop it! STOOOOOOOP!"

As the scorching hot cheese cools and congeals in his throat, T3's limbs flail in every direction. He is desperate to break free.

The face of Charles, superimposed on the ceiling, watches it all with a smile. That smile is their raison d'être.

The child continues to pour, and eventually the screaming and squirming ceases.

But when all is done, and T3 is drowned, Charles's warm mousey grin turns into a slight frown.

The lasagna lover remains at large.

Tomato sauce drips from the ceiling tile by Charles's mouth. As it falls, it forms a message on the ground beside T3.

The Divine Mouse speaks! Listen well, children of the pizza!

"THE PATH IS OPEN, PAVED WITH T3'S BLOOD. FEAR NOT FOR HE HAS GONE AHEAD.

THERE IS NO ESCAPE. KILL, KILL, KILL, YOUR WAY TO HEAVEN."

T3 was a
Real Pizza Kid

Night 3 has begun. The deadline is in (expired on 2024-02-09 15:00:00).

If every player who will be alive on Day 4 requests it, I will allow for a "fast night" resolution. Please send your preference via PM.
Last edited by Prism on Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:48 am

Post by Prism »

Day 4 Start

Four children remain. No parents are in sight. One rat rules them all, dishes out the deep dish at his pleasure, tosses out the tokens on a favorable whim.

The last lasagna lover has nowhere left to hide. They know Charles sees all. He always has, right from the beginning. How long ago was it? They have forgotten.

But the lasagna lover is desperate. This time, they will escape this hellscape once and for all. They are closer than ever. One more night, one more day.

The children have tried everything: splitting up in groups of 4, splitting off in pairs, periodically reconvening in front of the Frogger machine containing the saintly remains of the fallen DragonEater70.

But Klick has a new idea: a mandatory public display of loyalty, a ritual that no heretic would willingly undertake. The children eagerly agree, three of them in fact excited at the prospect. One does their best to fake it.

They gather in front of the preheated pizza oven, and Klick holds up the holy currency: A real, authentic Chuck E. Cheese token, stamped with the face of the divine rat.

They place it in the oven with tongs, waiting for it to turn red-hot. Each child steps forward in turn, and receives the mark of the Real Pizza Kid.

"What do you like?" Klick holds up the coin in the tongs.

"I LIKE PIZZA PEPPERONI MOZZARELLA AND ANCHOVY!"

The coin is pressed onto the skin. The child smiles.

"When do you like it?"

"IN THE MORNING, EVERYDAY, IN THE EVENING!"

The coin is removed, and the ritual is done.

It is ineffective at rooting out the non-believer, but effective at raising morale. The hunt resumes, and the children split up.

Klick is nowhere to be found at the scheduled meeting time. Eventually, the children take the ladder and climb into the ceiling. There they find him, bludgeoned by the bloody Chuck E. Cheese-branded lunch box stashed nearby. Whoever wanted him dead was a big spender: they'd shelled out 800 tickets.

Three children remain. They convene one last time for a civil discussion over pizza, here in the lobby of the only place in the world where a kid can be a kid.

Klick was a
Real Pizza Kid

Day 4 has begun. The deadline is in (expired on 2024-02-18 12:00:00).
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:52 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 4.0

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the final event!

Three children sit at a table. It slowly lifts from the floor. The surrounding space turns pitch black, then slowly fills with infinite and ghastly heads of Chuck E. Cheese, eyes glowing red and teeth chomping away, desperate for blood.

They are in the middle of the holy sphere. The table slowly spins and rotates on an irregular axis, but the children stay moored to the seats. Blood drips up and down the ratty smiles on every side. Occasionally, one of the infinite heads spits forth the corpses of Dunnstral, fireisredsir, gob, and so on. Sometimes, multiple copies of the same are floating around in this isolated realm, each torn up and discombobulated in uncountable ways, before disappearing back.

None of the children are unnerved. Two feel themselves the chosen, the last line of defense for this divine temple. It is unforgivable that the heretics have made it this far, and there is only one way to atone.

One has seen it all before, knows how this will end. Escape is impossible...but maybe, just maybe...

One by one, the children begin to speak.

PlayerVotes
Not Voting
(3)
implosion, DeasVail, Appearance

With 3 players alive, it takes 2 votes to eliminate.

No elimination has been achieved. The Day 4 deadline is in (expired on 2024-02-18 12:00:00).
Last edited by Prism on Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:51 am

Post by Appearance »

i'm going to read both of your isos today.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:53 am

Post by Appearance »

also going to check for klick's final reads.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:53 am

Post by Appearance »

as in rereading them.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:49 am

Post by DeasVail »

Lovely, I will have time for this later today
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:09 pm

Post by implosion »

I should have time/energy tomorrow to do stuff.

DV, why the hammer on T3 with multiple open questions to him?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:03 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I thought he was scum, and I didn't have much personal interest in his responses because it was from a viewpoint of me being scum, which I felt should have been fairly obviously not the case.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:03 pm

Post by DeasVail »

also the 24 hours was up
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:35 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I'm a bit more conflicted than I thought I would be. Every fibre of my being is screaming that implo is scum (which I've sort of thought the whole game but I let myself get distracted). It also really felt to me like Kyouko was
fighting
that coalition and succeeded in drumming up enough paranoia of me to get me ousted from it. Why the fight if she/firered was scum with Appearance who was already on the prevailing coalition?

On the other hand though, there's a reason why I wanted to eliminate Appearance instead of Ydrasse/Dunnstral, and with fire being scum, the gob kill unfortunately does not clear Appearance to the same degree as it did for me before. Reading through Appearance's ISO, I guess it
feels
scummy, but idk I still think it's implo. Maybe I just want to think it's implo. I will sort this out at some point.

Lastly, I had a dream that DragonEater was scum. Sadly, this was not helpful.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:26 pm

Post by Appearance »

i'm also going to reread implo's last coalition game.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:50 pm

Post by implosion »

My first instinct here is that Appearance is scum. I have to temper it some because there's a degree of I just don't want to lose to Appearance if he is scum here but I still have never found much that he's done townish. The gob kill was the really only thing I was clearing him off of and fire flipping scum does mitigate it somewhat particularly since it's possible that fire picked the kill and Appearance was just sort of along for the ride.

kyouko's play is less interesting for me since I know I'm town but there's still differences between how DV and Appearance d1 that are relevant. Joint ISOing kyouko + dragon (since Dragon was leading the rhetoric for what it seemed like the coalition would be, though this isn't a perfect science and I'm leaving out many details): Dragon gave his first long-standing "solve" in (containing DV and Appearance) and kyouko still doesn't really do stuff for a while. Dragon later unheals Appearance and, in chatting with Klick, an option that is 4 flipped town + DV. Shortly after that Dragon expresses some paranoia about DV and then Appearance, presumably in response to the prior post Appearance made, bringing him back to the first solve. Throughout all of this kyouko mostly isn't posting, eventually she makes shading DV which is interesting. The next post, Dragon unheals Klick+DV based on paranoia that I am scum and that if I am scum that one of them is my partner (and he also says that if I'm town he still thinks there's scum in the coalition). He then immediately heals kyouko quoting post 360. Before kyouko ever posts again, he makes going back to the coalition from 133 that he had supposedly paranoiad off of because of thinking about me. And *that* is the moment that kyouko starts to come alive in the thread.

This all kind of reads to me like kyouko just didn't have time/energy before and now she did; the dominant thread narrative had been what it was for a while. She may not have even been trying to get on the coalition; in where she heals herself + 3 town, and says that she'd like the fifth to be T3 or Appearance, I think it's entirely possible that she just doesn't actually think what she's doing is a politically viable coalition, but she's saying it because she generally needs to do shit at some point to look town. She says she wants me/DV/Klick off coalition because she thinks that list contains 2 scum. That line does make a lot of sense with DV scum at a base level but I think it makes even more sense as scum who already has a scumbuddy in the leading coalition (whoever it is), who is mostly trying to muddle things, and who included Appearance-scumbuddy as a possible 5th so as to hedge on whether or not to include a scumbuddy. I'm trying to get in her headspace to some degree but I started writing this like two hours ago and then had to go to a meeting and so my train of thought is kind of derailed and now I'm heading out again soon but will probably say more later today

In essence, I think kyouko fought the status quo because, well, why not fight the status quo there as scum. The status quo was sort of muddled but it had been that coalition for quite a while earlier; I think kyouko just had a surge of will to play the game and rode that, possibly off the back of Dragon liking post 360, because anything scum can do to obfuscate things in that phase is good for them. I kind of think kyouko might not have even wanted anything she was saying to be listened to in the ideal case but she still found it worth saying, if that makes sense.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:24 pm

Post by Appearance »

implo, how sold are you on me being scum?
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:25 pm

Post by Appearance »

because you seem pretty confident yet you're not voting me.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:52 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Meanwhile, a question for you, Appearance. Is there a reason why you have been cagey regarding your opinions during this day?
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:11 pm

Post by Appearance »

In post 1544, DeasVail wrote: Meanwhile, a question for you, Appearance. Is there a reason why you have been cagey regarding your opinions during this day?
i don't really have any strong opinions rn so i've been holding off giving opinions until i can form something that actually contributes to the game.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:13 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1542, Appearance wrote: implo, how sold are you on me being scum?
Not. The above post was one thing that I was stream of consciousness ISO-ing. It's not my full thoughts on both of you.

Your play frustrates me because in the early game, I found your ISO inscrutable, not through any fault of your own if you're town. And since the early game, you've given ostensibly nothing readable. I rely on recalibrating across days in general because my d1 reads are usually pretty bad and I feel like you haven't given anything to work with; it's frustrating because I think it is possible for you to have the ISO that you do as town but it feels like it's impossible for me to find if that's the case. And if you're scum it's not like I'm learning anything interesting from this game, I guess I'd be learning to not use NK speculation as a stopgap.

I was thinking yesterday that you were likely scum if T3 were to flip town, which is why I wanted to know why T3 thought you were PoE-able, but then DV hammered. Dragon mentioned finding your ISO town but I remember having no idea why he'd think that. And now you coming into the day saying you're going to read a bunch of stuff, and then turning around and trying to suss out exactly where I stand before committing to where you stand, sits very wrong. I also have no idea why you'd expect me to vote you within like 24 hours of the final day opening. That's something I'd do almost never as any alignment in any final 3.

So I guess not sold, but increasingly sold as I write this post.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:24 pm

Post by Appearance »

i will confess that i did end up not actually doing any rereading due to rl being more busy than intended.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:00 am

Post by Appearance »

what should we do now?
this thread is eerily quiet and it's unnerving me.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:24 pm

Post by DeasVail »

VOTE: Implosion

There!

I did it.

I’m sorry if this isn’t right. With Appearance there is a certain amount of… unawareness to the extent that I’m not actually sure he can be scum? But I just don’t know… but what I do know is that it’s looking like I’m not really going to have any more information than what I have now.

Aah!

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”