Scummies Nominations 2024!

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Scummies Nominations 2024!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:52 am

Post by Scummies »

Posts in this thread
WILL
count toward nominations
Feel free to submit
ALL
nominations in thread by making a post in the format linked above.

Sunday, January 5th, 2025, will be the last day to submit nominations
253 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes

Hello! Welcome to the 2024 Scummies Nomination thread! This thread may be used for both nomination and discussion. The awards themselves are handed out during the winter season of 2025 during an awards ceremony!

Important things of Note:

- Group awards should be limited to 2-5 individuals. If an award goes to a group greater than that in size, they will not be given the banner that goes along with the award.
- Body of Work awards must include at least 2 examples in order to qualify for consideration.

In addition to submitting a nomination, you can also submit an anti-nomination, speaking against a nomination. These will not be listed publicly, but forwarded to the judges who decide to judge.
See the post below on how to nominate someone for a scummy or submit an anti-nom!

The Awards
♩   ♫   ♪
Banner
Award Name
Award Purpose
Award Type
Eligible Parties
Award Description
Townplay Awards
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Best Mafia Catcher
Body of Work
Individual Award
This award is awarded to the single town player who, across all of their games for the year, exhibited the best ability for nailing those dirty scumbags and bringing the bad guys to justice while playing as a pro-town role. The person who wins this award should have demonstrated exemplary townplay during the year.
Moment of Brilliance
Best Town Performance
Individual Game
Individual or Group Award
This is awarded to (an) individual(s) in a town who exemplified the best performance this year. The nominated players should be pivotal to their faction winning the game and who, if another player was in their slot, may not have had this effect on the game.
Scumplay Awards
Don Corleone
Most Cunning Manipulator
Body of work
Individual Award
This is awarded to a single scum player who, across all of their games for the year, exhibited the best ability to manipulate the town into losing. The person who wins this award should have demonstrated the best scumplay during the year.
Goodfellas
Best Mafia Performance
Individual Game
Individual or Group Award
This is awarded to one or more individuals who accomplished a stellar performance as scum, ideally leading to a victory for their faction. The player(s) who win this award should have demonstrated the best team scumplay overall.
Moderator Awards
The Modfather
Excellent Moderation
Body of Work
Moderator Award
This is awarded to the moderator who, over the past year, exemplified the best quality of moderation. Important things to take into consideration are timeliness and accuracy of moderation, game setup and mechanics, and any other flair which sets a moderator apart from the rest. This is the moderator who, when looking back over the history of the site, stood out as that year's premiere moderator. Who will people remember when the dust settles? Who runs games that you have to RUSH to signup for or else miss out on a potentially all-time great experience? This award is for them.
Rube Goldberg
Best Setup
Individual Game
Moderator Award
This is awarded to a mod or setup designer who has designed the best Normal or Open setup. Judges may consider the roles involved in a game, how those roles interacted, how balanced a setup was, how the setup interacts with a mechanic, or any other factors the judges deem relevant. How this award differs from the
Mad Scientist
(
Best Mechanic
) award is that this focuses setup design rather than mechanical design, and therefore is eligible to Normal and Open games, not Themed games.
Mad Scientist
Best Mechanic
Individual Game
Moderator Award
This is awarded to a mod or setup designer that designed the most ingenious change to the game of mafia in a Themed game. This may include changes to the basic mechanics of the game, new or adapted roles, how fitting the changes are to the theme at hand, and anything else which is deemed applicable to this category. How this award differs from the
Rube Goldberg
(
Best Setup
) award, is that this is that is focuses on mechanical design rather than setup design, and therefore is eligible to Themed games, not Normal or Open games.
Paperback Writer
Best Flavor
Individual Game
Moderator Award
This award is given to the moderator who wrote had the best flavor for their game. Did they tell a compelling story? Did their flavor make you laugh, cry, or make the game's world come to life? This award may be for them! Aspects of this may include presentation of moderator posts (VCs, day starts, OPs, role PMs) and how that presentation affected the mood of the game. Where appropriate, Judges may consider how well the flavor works with the announced theme.
Miscellaneous Play Awards
Rising Star
Best Up-And-Comer
Body of Work
Individual Award
This is awarded to the player that is a rising star in the game of mafia, showing great promise to join the elite echelon of mafia players. This award replaces both the Best Newbie award and Most Improved Player awards, and judges may consider elements of both those previous awards in deciding this award. This award is generally awarded to someone who has shown great improvement over the year or to a new face to the new that just started playing on site with great potential.
White Knight
Best Replacement
Individual Game
Individual Award
This is awarded to a player who replaced into a game and was able to make a sizable contribution to the game upon replace in. This may include turning around a slot that was previously doomed, jumping in and nailing the mafia team, pulling off a big play to save a scumteam, or maybe just coming in and taking a game from miserable to enjoyable. If someone put in the work to replace into a game and you feel it warrants notice, this is where you nominate them.
Hannibal Lecter
Best Third Party
Individual Game
Individual Award
This is awarded to the player or players that performed the most impressively in winning their game as a third party. Perhaps it was a serial killer masterfully floating under the radar, or a wacky new third-party role that required some serious chops to pull off. If they aren't town or scum, but you think they deserve recognition, then this is the award for them.
Kodak Moment
Best Moment
Individual Game or Post(s)
Individual Award or Group Award
This is awarded to the player or players who were involved in the most memorable event in a game of mafia. Fake claims, funny claims, awesome exchanges, etc. may all be considered for this award.
Site Awards
Player's Choice
Game of the Year
Individual Game
Individual Award
This is awarded to the moderator of a game. It is given in recognition of the overall excellence of a game. The Game of the Year award is a "catch all" award for the best overall game throughout the entire year. It should take into consideration all aspects of the game from moderator quality to the excellent design and composition of the game to the performance and cohesion of the playerlist. A Game of the Year is meant to be the game that we can all point to later and say "This game was the best game the site could offer that year in terms of Design, Playerlist, and moderating capability."
This is a PUBLIC VOTE.
Post of the Year
Best Post
Individual Post
Individual Award
This is awarded to a person that made a post. But not just any post. No, this post is important! Among all posts on site, this is the post which had the biggest impact on site culture. Maybe made you laugh. Perhaps it made you cry. Maybe it just made you blow air out your nose. In any case, this post belongs in a shrine to great forum posts.
This is a PUBLIC VOTE.
Community Contributor
Best Site Contributor
OOC Thread
Individual Award
This is awarded to the user who did the most to contribute to the overall health of the site. This person may have arranged an in-person meetup, evolved mafia theory discussion to a new level with their MD articles, ran fun contests or events for the site, or worked on a cool mafia tool in their spare time. Perhaps their actions put in place rules which will change the way this site is run. Whatever they did, if they worked to improve the site outside of the Mish Mash or Mafia games, this is where they belong. This is a unique award which may or may not be given despite nominations. The SSC may also award it to someone who failed to receive a nomination. We aim to honor those who work towards the betterment of our community, which is why we have this clause in place.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:53 am

Post by Scummies »

Submitting a Nomination

The following formatting is encouraged when submitting nominations, but less fancily formatted nominations will be accepted too as long as they contain all the necessary information. There's more you can do after you filled out the form if you want to be nice and make our life easier, so keep reading.

Award Name
Date Nominated [yyyy/mm/dd] Nominator [This is your name]Nominee [The person you want to nominate]Full Name of the game ["Large Normal 20143: Blah Blah Blah Mafia" for example. Make sure you use codes such that clicking on the name of the game takes to the game thread or post in question.]Description on why this person should win this award.

Use this form for all awards
except
Body of Work awards

Code: Select all

[table][header=5]Award Name[/header]
[row][cell]yyyy/mm/dd[/cell]
[cell][user]Nominator[/user][/cell]
[cell][user]Nominee[/user][/cell]
[cell][url=game/post link]Full Name of the game[/url][/cell]
[cell]-insert your description here-[/cell][/row]
[/table]

Use this form for Paragon, Don Corleone, Modfather, Rising Star, and Community Contributor

(Remember that you must include at least 2 games in the write-up for these awards, with the exception of Community Contributor)

Code: Select all

[table][header=5]Award Name[/header]
[row][cell]yyyy/mm/dd[/cell]
[cell][user]Nominator[/user][/cell]
[cell][user]Nominee[/user][/cell]
[cell=2]-insert your description here-[/cell][/row]
[/table]

OPTIONALLY

If you want to be extremely helpful, you can color the table and text so that its associated with its award category (Town, Scum, Moderator, Misc, or Site). I will leave a key below, but the key thing to remember is that when coloring a table background, you do not need to put a # character in, where as with text color, you are required to put in a # character at the beginning of the hexcolor.
for example table=1d232d and color=#d0e4f8
These are the corresponding colors to each category
Town Awards
Background
: 232D1D
Text Color
: #E4F8D0
Scum Awards
Background
: 2D1D23
Text Color
: #F8D0E4
Moderator Awards
Background
: 1F1D2D
Text Color
: #D0D0F8
Misc Awards
Background
: 2D271D
Text Color
: #F8E4D0
Site Awards
Background
: 1D232D
Text Color
: #D0E4F8

Submitting an anti-nomination

Sometimes a controversial nomination comes along. If you wish to register your dissent, the judges will take that into consideration. You may do so privately by sending a PM to the current custodian of the Scummies Nominations thread (Ircher) with the following PM title: "Anti-nomination for [username] for [Award]". Please include detailed reasoning. Public or "empty" anti-noms will not be considered.

Declining a nomination

If you wish to take yourself out of consideration for an award, you may do so. Send a PM to the current custodian of the Scummies Nominations thread (Ircher) with the following PM title: "Request to decline [Award]". Please include a detailed reason why you think this is not your year. This request is subject to a vote within the Scummies Steering Committee - if a majority of the SSC thinks you deserve to be considered anyway, the nomination will stand.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:53 am

Post by Scummies »

Frequently Asked Questions

Am I allowed to nth other nominations?

Yes, you are encouraged to show your support for other nominations. However, be aware that only substantial nths will be tracked.

If a game began in 2024 but finishes in 2025 before nominations close, are they still eligible for the 2024 Scummies and Mashies?

All games that began in 2024 and finished before the 2024 nominations officially closed may be nominated in the 2024 Scummies and Mashies.

I'm too lazy to use the form to make nominations. Is there an easier way to nominate games?

The official nominations form is not a requirement. As long as you include all the relevant information and clearly indicate that your post is a nomination, your nomination will be accepted and tracked. If it is unclear or missing information, the current nominations thread custodian will reach out to you privately for clarification.

Whoops! I forgot to nominate game X before nominations closed! Can I still nominate it after the official deadline passes?

Late nominations are allowed, but they are not guaranteed to be evaluated by the judges. Be sure to get your nominations in before the official deadline.

I don't believe game X deserves award Y! How do I submit an anti-nomination?

Please see the section on
anti-nominations
. Public anti-nominations will not be considered.

I don't believe I deserve award X! How do I remove myself from consideration?

Please see the section on
declining a nomination
. Public declinations will not be considered.

I have this really cool idea for a new award for the Scummies and Mashies! Who should I submit it to for consideration?

Ideas for new awards and other feedback on the Scummies and Mashies may be posted publicly in the nominations thread, posted publicly in this thread (this option is more appropriate if you want more substantial conversation around the idea), or submitted privately to either Ircher or xofelf.

Who do I contact if I want to help out with the Scummies and Mashies?

You can contact Ircher if you are interested in helping out with the Scummies and Mashies as a whole or for Scummies-specific things. For Mashies-specific things (such as the judging of the Mashies), you can contact xofelf.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:53 am

Post by Scummies »

Paragon
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Description
Moment of Brilliance
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Game & Link
Description
Last edited by Ircher on Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:53 am

Post by Scummies »

Don Corleone
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Description
Goodfellas
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Game & Link
Description
2024/02/14
Open 902: Frienemies Blitz
This was an extremely impressive scum win, where the scum team played perfectly and with impressive cooperation. While at a glance it might seem that this was not a "perfect" scum win because usesPython was eliminated Day 1, this does not detract from their play at all. The scumteam was townread by virtually everyone for most of Day 1, and the only reason usesPython was limmed at all is due to extremely unlucky and unpredictable (by the scum) circumstances, namely focusing their efforts on mislimming a Mason, and also one of the only two people scumreading Python around the middle of Day 1 being a Mason who convinced his buddies to vote with him, and the other being extremely tunneled (resulting in 4 unmovable votes on the wagon and in the counterwagon being impossible to push through due to being on a mason).
However, this scum team did not let this setback be a setback at all, and instead used it to their advantage in a brilliant move, where usesPython "desperately tried" to counterwagon Black in order to "save themselves". The result was that both Black and Save The Dragons were virtually cleared by VCA.
Of course, Black and StD did not just sit back on that towncred. They executed some of the smoothest distancing I have ever seen by scum, so that when Black eventually came under fire in the day before ELo, it was impossible to identify Save The Dragons as her partner. Combined with his masterful performance of a tunneled town mindset, he was able to defend her smoothly and without looking partnered at all, and they managed to force through an elimination on the only person who at that point was seriously pushing either of them.
As an additional note, the scum showed excellent mason-hunting skills and pinpointed the entire masonry by early Day 2.
Last edited by Ircher on Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:54 am

Post by Scummies »

Modfather
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Description
Rube Goldberg
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Game & Link
Description
Mad Scientist
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Game & Link
Description
Paperback Writer
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Game & Link
Description
2024/02/17
When one thinks of flavor, especially award-worthy flavor, it is very easy to picture yourself an immersive Theme game with tons of developpement and a concept baked into every little detail that it has, Open 899 was a story about a private joke between prism and implosion with basically no planning to how it was gonna end at the end of it all

and yet, with that little, i think it acheives just as much if not more thanks to Prism pushing the idea to it's full extent without holding back on the ever-rising wackiness of the plot, it got me spectating and rooting for the scumteam just on the grounds that they were the good guys in flavor, i think this serves as proof that any game can be improved massivly by the right kind of spin to it and i'll definetly think about that game if i ever stumble upon a chuck e chesse

DragonEater70: "Very late, but I wanted to add that this game's flavor was incredibly fun, so much so that I actually enjoyed making the wrong choices on Day 1 just because I got to read the flavor detailing it in funny yet dramatic and gory detail. The flavor turned town's loss, to me, from a sour experience to a rather fun one, and that speaks a lot about how good it was."
Last edited by Ircher on Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:54 am

Post by Scummies »

Rising Star
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Description
White Knight
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Game & Link
Description
2024/02/13
Replaced into a doomed/confirmed scum slot. Maintained activity within the game even after dead (this game scum could still discuss game with allies in Mafia PT). To continue helping out his team even after was eliminated. Went above expectations for replacing into a doomed slot.
Hannibal Lecter
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Game & Link
Description
Kodak Moment
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Game & Link
Description
2024/01/29
Hu Tao, Guillotina, Roden (honorary mentions: Enchant, Broccoli Quest 2)
In this game, no less than FIVE different players fake claimed Doctor:

Hu Tao
, a Vanilla Townie, was run up to E-1 on Day, and after having explicitly claimed VT earlier, decided to fakeclaim Doctor to live another day (which resulted in her being cleared later on and being pivotal in eliminating scum).

Additionally,
Guillotina
crumbed doctor which was spotted by two town players.

On Day 2,
Roden
(a Mafia PR) was also being run up, and fake claimed Doctor.
Broccoli Quest 2
, a Vanilla Townie who had seen Guillotina's breadcrumbs, decided to fake CC Roden, believing that Guillotina was the real Doctor and that he was covering for him.

Shortly afterwards,
Guillotina
, a mafia Doctor, fakeclaimed Doctor with fake modifiers, and CC'd his own partner Roden, voting him.

At around the same time,
Enchant
(VT) replaced in and ALSO decided to fakeclaim Doctor in order to be NK'd in Guillotina's place!
2024/03/04
fireisredsir being terrified of dropping a linguistic tell the entire game, doing it anyways and getting away with it, hellbooks eating a spoonful of mustard, an overall entertaining PT and game.
Last edited by Ircher on Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:54 am

Post by Scummies »

Game Of The Year
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Game & Link
Description
Post Of The Year
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Link
Description
2024/01/29
I mean, read the post. It's just the most well crafted post I have read so far in 2024. Creative, funny, makes an actually solid point, and beautifully formatted on top! The fact that three separate people in that game / spec chat were totally awed by that post really sells it for me.
Community Contributor
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Description
2024/03/02
/nominate JupiterVX for their GTKAS thread.
Best Site Contributor
Last edited by Ircher on Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:40 pm

Post by Cook »

hey sweet ego
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
Cults With Guns //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:48 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Ego

I may already have some nominations in mind.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:17 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 4608, fferyllt wrote: Is there still a Post of the Year Scummies category?

I don't care if it's two posts. 4599-4600 should be a nominee.
Bloop
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:51 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Thinking about trying to get a group together to casually help keep like an archive of all finished games on a quarterly basis, and make sure we get noms throughout the year because I think a lot of noms early in the year go missed because people are waiting to see if anything later is worth it. This is essentially the same as a nom+Nth’ing anyways.

Like Pokemon Battles 2 last year happened early last year, and I think that got drastically overlooked in terms of modding, setup design, and play by the scum team.

Imo, that was a once in a decade level game.

And just want to avoid that for next year. I also think since we always get judges to pick finalists, it’s okay to have judges pick out of noms, we just had a lack of noms in certain categories when I don’t believe that was necessary based on what we had.

This has been a thing for a long time. I understand why, I just think it can be avoided.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:01 am

Post by Psyche »

Would be good idea, I think! Could also track potential SITE AWARDS noms.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:41 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Post of the Year
2024/01/29
DragonEater70 lucca261
I mean, read the post. It's just the most well crafted post I have read so far in 2024. Creative, funny, makes an actually solid point, and beautifully formatted on top! The fact that three separate people in that game / spec chat were totally awed by that post really sells it for me.
Last edited by DragonEater70 on Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:50 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Kodak Moment
2024/01/29
DragonEater70 Hu Tao, Guillotina, Roden (honorary mentions: Enchant, Broccoli Quest 2) Large Normal 246: The Complex
In this game, no less than FIVE different players fake claimed Doctor:

Hu Tao
, a Vanilla Townie, was run up to E-1 on Day, and after having explicitly claimed VT earlier, decided to fakeclaim Doctor to live another day (which resulted in her being cleared later on and being pivotal in eliminating scum).

Additionally,
Guillotina
crumbed doctor which was spotted by two town players.

On Day 2,
Roden
(a Mafia PR) was also being run up, and fake claimed Doctor.
Broccoli Quest 2
, a Vanilla Townie who had seen Guillotina's breadcrumbs, decided to fake CC Roden, believing that Guillotina was the real Doctor and that he was covering for him.

Shortly afterwards,
Guillotina
, a mafia Doctor, fakeclaimed Doctor with fake modifiers, and CC'd his own partner Roden, voting him.

At around the same time,
Enchant
(VT) replaced in and ALSO decided to fakeclaim Doctor in order to be NK'd in Guillotina's place!
Last edited by DragonEater70 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:46 am

Post by Upwards »

In post 13, DragonEater70 wrote:
Post of the Year
2024/01/29
DragonEater70 lucca261
Can I just say that I was awed as well? Just didn’t think it was a good idea to say so at that point lol
"Upwards atp would have to be really good as scum to be fooling me, I think." ~ Gamma Emerald

Bottom Text
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:56 am

Post by T-Bone »

Egopost

I also want to praise DE for making a nomination in January! Way to go!
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:58 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

I am also planning to make a nomination in February!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:38 pm

Post by Firebringer »

White Knight
2024/02/13 Firebringer Party Boat Eminence in Shadow Season 1 Replaced into a doomed/confirmed scum slot. Maintained activity within the game even after dead (this game scum could still discuss game with allies in Mafia PT). To continue helping out his team even after was eliminated. Went above expectations for replacing into a doomed slot.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:31 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 17, DragonEater70 wrote: I am also planning to make a nomination in February!
Oh look, here's the nomination (I felt so evil saying this while the game was still ongoing, lol):

Goodfellas
2024/02/14
DragonEater70 usesPython, Black, Save The Dragons Open 902: Frienemies Blitz
This was an extremely impressive scum win, where the scum team played perfectly and with impressive cooperation. While at a glance it might seem that this was not a "perfect" scum win because usesPython was eliminated Day 1, this does not detract from their play at all. The scumteam was townread by virtually everyone for most of Day 1, and the only reason usesPython was limmed at all is due to extremely unlucky and unpredictable (by the scum) circumstances, namely focusing their efforts on mislimming a Mason, and also one of the only two people scumreading Python around the middle of Day 1 being a Mason who convinced his buddies to vote with him, and the other being extremely tunneled (resulting in 4 unmovable votes on the wagon and in the counterwagon being impossible to push through due to being on a mason).
However, this scum team did not let this setback be a setback at all, and instead used it to their advantage in a brilliant move, where usesPython "desperately tried" to counterwagon Black in order to "save themselves". The result was that both Black and Save The Dragons were virtually cleared by VCA.
Of course, Black and StD did not just sit back on that towncred. They executed some of the smoothest distancing I have ever seen by scum, so that when Black eventually came under fire in the day before ELo, it was impossible to identify Save The Dragons as her partner. Combined with his masterful performance of a tunneled town mindset, he was able to defend her smoothly and without looking partnered at all, and they managed to force through an elimination on the only person who at that point was seriously pushing either of them.
As an additional note, the scum showed excellent mason-hunting skills and pinpointed the entire masonry by early Day 2.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:57 am

Post by T-Bone »

I second that
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:29 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 19, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 17, DragonEater70 wrote: I am also planning to make a nomination in February!
Oh look, here's the nomination (I felt so evil saying this while the game was still ongoing, lol):

Goodfellas
2024/02/14
DragonEater70 usesPython, Black, Save The Dragons Open 902: Frienemies Blitz
Nth.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 23
On hiatus from playing mafia.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:13 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

This post is a reminder for myself to post a Prism nom. Someone please pinch me really hard or ping me on discord or quote me 5 times in a row if I don't do it by Sunday or something.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:17 pm

Post by Gypyx »

-
Paperback Writer
2024/02/17
by Gypyx to Prism for
When one thinks of flavor, especially award-worthy flavor, it is very easy to picture yourself an immersive Theme game with tons of developpement and a concept baked into every little detail that it has, Open 899 was a story about a private joke between prism and implosion with basically no planning to how it was gonna end at the end of it all

and yet, with that little, i think it acheives just as much if not more thanks to Prism pushing the idea to it's full extent without holding back on the ever-rising wackiness of the plot, it got me spectating and rooting for the scumteam just on the grounds that they were the good guys in flavor, i think this serves as proof that any game can be improved massivly by the right kind of spin to it and i'll definetly think about that game if i ever stumble upon a chuck e chesse
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:17 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 22, DragonEater70 wrote: This post is a reminder for myself to post a Prism nom. Someone please pinch me really hard or ping me on discord or quote me 5 times in a row if I don't do it by Sunday or something.
get pinched
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text

Return to “Mafia Discussion”