Mashies Nominations 2024!

This forum is for playing games other than Mafia and Mafia variants.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Mashies Nominations 2024!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:55 am

Post by Scummies »

Posts in this thread
WILL
count toward nominations
Feel free to submit
ALL
nominations in thread by making a post in the format linked above.

Sunday, January 5th, 2025, will be the last day to submit nominations
253 days, 10 hours, 33 minutes

Hello, and welcome to the new 2024 Mashies Nomination thread! You'll notice it looks just like the Scummies Nominations thread, and will work just the same. You still nominate in thread like we did before; there are merely some formatting and tracking differences to make everyone's job easier. This thread may be used for both nomination and discussion. The awards themselves are handed out during the winter season of 2025 during an awards ceremony!

In addition to submitting a nomination, you can also submit an anti-nomination, speaking against a nomination. These will not be listed publicly; instead, they will be forwarded to the judges to consider.
See the post below on how to nominate someone for a mashie or submit an anti-nom!

The Awards
♩   ♫   ♪
Banner
Award Name
Award Purpose
Eligible Parties
Award Description
The Mashies
Mashtermind
Best General Mish Mash Game
Moderator Award
Any game that is run in Mish Mash -- other than the ones excluded by the category below -- is eligible for this award. It can be a board game! It can be an endless, continuous game with no end! It can be a game show! Hell, it can be a beauty pageant for all we care! What mod really rocked it out and made their game extra special this year?
Best Social Game
Moderator Award
This award can be given to any game that has a decent number of players and relies on social manipulation. Yes, obviously, your Survivor games and Big Brother games will go here. But so can The Mole, or Amazing Race, or any sort of game that involves a reality-style competition. Running these games can be a long, difficult, arduous process, and nobody is perfect, but if you feel a mod did a great job, toss up their name for consideration. With the exception of marathons, every Large Social Game that runs to completion during this year is eligible and will automatically be considered, but nominations help give the games you love that much more weight.
Smash Mouth
Best Overall Mish Mash Player
Individual Award
This award goes to the person who best exemplified what it takes to be a great Mish Mash Player throughout the year! They were smart, strategic, and tactical? Check. They were enjoyable, nice, and pleasant? Check. Did you sign up for a game when they did because you wanted to play with them? Then this is the award for them!
Best Mish Mash Newbie
Individual Award
This award goes to the person who's fairly new and has made the largest, most positive impact on the community in the short time they've been here. New players are always getting involved with our section of the site, and everyone should be encouraged to be the best they can be.
Mashterstroke
Best Moment
Individual Award
Did someone say something hilarious in a Mish Mash or Large Social Game? Did they pull off a ridiculous play? Did something happen that was incredibly memorable? This is the award for a moment in any Large Social or Mish Mash game that stood out and should be recognized.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:55 am

Post by Scummies »

Submitting a Nomination

The following formatting is encouraged when submitting nominations, but less fancily formatted nominations will be accepted too as long as they contain all the necessary information. There's more you can do after you filled out the form if you want to be nice and make our life easier, so keep reading.
Award Name
date [yyyy/mm/dd] Nominator [This is your name]Nominee [The person you want to nominate]Full Name of the game ["Survivor 20143: Blah Blah Blah" for example. Make sure you use codes to make sure that clicking on the name of the game takes to the game thread or post in question.]Description on why this person should win this award.

Use this award for all awards

Code: Select all

[table][header=5]Award Name[/header]
[row][cell]yyyy/mm/dd[/cell]
[cell]Nominator[/cell]
[cell]Nominee[/cell]
[cell][url=game link]Full Name of the game or post[/url][/cell]
[cell]-insert your description here-[/cell][/row]
[/table]

OPTIONALLY

If you want to be extremely helpful, you can color the table and text so that its associated with its award category (Town, Scum, Moderator, Misc, or Site). I will leave a key below, but the key thing to remember is that when coloring a table background, you do not need to put a # character in, where as with text color, you are required to put in a # character at the beginning of the hexcolor.
for example table=1d232d and color=#d0e4f8
These are the corresponding colors to each category
Mashtermind, Smash Mouth, and Mashterstroke
Background
: #1D232D
Text Color
: #D0E4F8

Best Social Game and Mish Mash Newbie
Background
: #16398a
Text Color
: #7ac8f5
This table is Blue on Blue by northsidegal

Submitting an anti-nomination

Sometimes a controversial nomination comes along. If you wish to register your dissent, the judges will take that into consideration. You may do so privately by sending a PM to the current custodian of the Mashies Nominations thread (xofelf) with the following PM title: "Anti-nomination for [username] for [Award]". Please include detailed reasoning. Public or "empty" anti-noms will not be considered.

Declining a nomination

If you wish to take yourself out of consideration for an award, you may do so. Send a PM to the current custodians of the Mashies Nominations thread (xofelf) with the following PM title: "Request to decline [Award]". Please include a detailed reason why you think this is not your year. This is request is subject to a vote within the Scummies Steering Committee - if a majority of the SSC thinks you deserve to be considered anyway, the nomination will stand.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:55 am

Post by Scummies »

Frequently Asked Questions

Am I allowed to nth other nominations?

Yes, you are encouraged to show your support for other nominations. However, be aware that only substantial nths will be tracked.

If a game began in 2024 but finishes in 2025 before nominations close, are they still eligible for the 2024 Scummies and Mashies?

All games that began in 2024 and finished before the 2024 nominations officially closed may be nominated in the 2024 Scummies and Mashies.

I'm too lazy to use the form to make nominations. Is there an easier way to nominate games?

The official nominations form is not a requirement. As long as you include all the relevant information and clearly indicate that your post is a nomination, your nomination will be accepted and tracked. If it is unclear or missing information, the current nominations thread custodian will reach out to you privately for clarification.

Whoops! I forgot to nominate game X before nominations closed! Can I still nominate it after the official deadline passes?

Late nominations are allowed, but they are not guaranteed to be evaluated by the judges. Be sure to get your nominations in before the official deadline.

I don't believe game X deserves award Y! How do I submit an anti-nomination?

Please see the section on
anti-nominations
. Public anti-nominations will not be considered.

I don't believe I deserve award X! How do I remove myself from consideration?

Please see the section on
declining a nomination
. Public declinations will not be considered.

I have this really cool idea for a new award for the Scummies and Mashies! Who should I submit it to for consideration?

Ideas for new awards and other feedback on the Scummies and Mashies may be posted publicly in the nominations thread, posted publicly in this thread (this option is more appropriate if you want more substantial conversation around the idea), or submitted privately to either Ircher or xofelf.

Who do I contact if I want to help out with the Scummies and Mashies?

You can contact Ircher if you are interested in helping out with the Scummies and Mashies as a whole or for Scummies-specific things. For Mashies-specific things (such as the judging of the Mashies), you can contact xofelf.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:55 am

Post by Scummies »

Last edited by Ircher on Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:55 am

Post by Scummies »

Best Social Game Nominations
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Game & Link
Description
Last edited by Ircher on Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:56 am

Post by Scummies »

Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:56 am

Post by Scummies »

Best Mish Mash Newbie
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Game & Link
Description
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:56 am

Post by Scummies »

Mashterstroke
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Game & Link
Description
2024/02/11
Ambic and Schadd's last sentences on this chain matched up beautifully and poetically. This was an excellent end to not only this chain, but to the main game as a whole.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:27 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

Mashterstroke
2024/02/11 Jake The Wolfie ambic & shadd_ Telephone Pictionary: Shoot the Moon, Chain Y Ambic and Shadd's last sentences on this chain matched up beautifully and poetically. This was an excellent end to not only this chain, but to the main game as a whole.

Return to “The Whole Sort of General Mish Mash”