[SETUP] Electoral College Mafia v2

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

[SETUP] Electoral College Mafia v2

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:43 am

Post by T3 »

5 Mafia

16 Town

Nightless
  • General:

• On Day 1, each player is randomly assigned to 5 states, State 1, State 2, State 3, State 4, State 5, and State 6.
  • The number of people assigned to each state is equal to the number of the state, and that is also the number of electoral votes the state gets.
  • State 1 would have 1 person, State 2 would have 2 people, etc.
  • When a plurality of each person in each State is voting to eliminate a player, all the electoral votes of that state will go to that player.
  • During each day, players may choose to move to a state immediately nearby, they will finish moving to that state at the start of the following day.
  • Someone from State 1 would be able to move to State 6 or State 2, someone from State 2 would be able to move to State 1 or State 3, someone from State 3 would be able to move to State 2 or State 4, etc.
  • Even though the number of people in each state may change, the number of electoral votes from that state will not change. Even if there is only 1 person in State 6, that one person's vote will count for 6 votes.
  • Eliminations will be decided at a majority of electoral votes, if one player has 11 electoral votes they will be eliminated.
  • If a state is empty, its electoral votes will not count and the majority required for elimination will reflect that.
  • Once there are 1 or 2 more Mafia than Town the Electoral College will cease to function and the game will play as normal.
    Runoff:

• If no one player has a majority of electoral votes by the end of the day, then the game will enter a Runoff phase in which players may only vote for the players with the two most electoral votes.
  • If no majority is reached by the end of the Runoff then the player with the most electoral votes is eliminated.
  • All ties are decided by who carried the state with the most electoral votes.

This was inspired by schadd's electoral college mafia:
Spoiler:
In post 1, schadd_ wrote:
SETUP (reiterated from signups):

the skeleton of this game is a 19 player normal setup. however, the voting mechanics during the day will be different: i will assign everybody to a voting bloc during the day. each player will be put into a group, and votes are allocated on the level of the group - so if a group of 5 players is, by plurality, voting player X, all 5 of that group's votes will be allocated to eliminating player X. here is a sample ending of a day while 11 players are alive (letters represent players)
A, B, C bloc
A (2):
B, C
H (1):
A

D, E, F, G, H bloc
A (4):
G, F, E, H
not voting (1):
D

I, J, K bloc
B (1):
K
C (1):
I
G (1):
J

in this scenario, player A would receive 8 votes, and one person among B, C, G chosen randomly would receive 3 votes. days will end when a majority is reached (which would occur with this vote count), but i imagine most days will end at deadline on plurality (
so the day phases will be fairly short, 5 days and 15 hours and 30 minutes long
).

something to understand is that these groups will be chosen by me (as well as my team of consultants) to try to be as Evil as possible. to the best of my ability, i will organize the groups in a way that disrupts gameplay, creates unreasonable power dynamics and overvalues certain players' votes, exacerbates personality clashes, and generates a wave of Pure Nonsense that will influence execution choices. as such,
this is a bastard game
, however this paragraph is the extent of the bastardness: i will try not to create any obvious alignment information in these assignments (unless it is very funny) and
nothing else is fishy i promise
- it will be 15:4, normal setup (which you can expect to be not insane), no mod lying, etc. i hope to create a game that you can still theoretically take seriously in spite of it all.

if there are only one or two more town alive than mafia, this gimmick is not in play (votes occur as normal).

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”