Mafia Royale [Event Idea]

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Mafia Royale [Event Idea]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:53 am

Post by Firebringer »

I had an idea for a new mafia event to do interim for when we aren't doing Team Mafia events. One of the major problems with team mafia is planning/size and commitment. We can do a smaller player event if instead of doing teams. We just have every player join in as individual player and do a best of 4 games.

Basic Idea:
-All games would be the same size. For instance if we had 17 players, it would be 17 player - 4 games.
-Each game would operate under blitz game rules so as to keep them more manageable. 48 hour day/ 24 hour nights.
-Each game would take place after the last, so you aren't playing in 4 games at once. [Hopefully with blitz rules this would make it so all games would end by end of a month the event started]
-Each game could be modded by different person or all could be modded same (lowers amount of planning mods/needed to coordinate event).

I think this is a good idea for a fun site event. Would need to figure out scoring and such as well, but also could have similar banner for the "Mafia Royale Winner".

Would like thoughts on this?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:28 am

Post by Gypyx »

mods don't run team mafia often to make it feel more expectional

i don't think doing "basically team mafia" is really the plan lol
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:29 am

Post by Gypyx »

4 games is a lot of mafia to play too, i think a lot of the interest in team mafia is that it's one single game where people play at their peak
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:38 am

Post by Firebringer »

Well if we get enough interest i wouldn't mind organize/modding/creating the setup. The only support I would need from mod team is for a banner for winner, and one reviewer for the games.

I don't think 4 games is a lot if its spread out one after other, in my eyes team mafia is so much to follow with 4 games happening at once. I think speedy games might make it challenging for site meta which might makes this harder for interest/number of players.

But if we get like 17 players who are into the idea, I again don't have issue doing much of the coordination/modding/etc. Would only need minimal additional support to get the event going.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:39 am

Post by Gypyx »

i could be somewhat interested in something like this regardless, either for modding help or as a player

bottom text

Return to “Mafia Discussion”