the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:06 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2545, Firebringer wrote: i didn't see claims from worstie or even jake but apparently he is clear

I am missing context even when i caught up.
I didn't claim bc I figured it was obvious I'm vt atp

Jake is a neighbouriser who acted last night (softed by Dave, confirmed by o-ring) I'll grab a quote one sec.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:07 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2509, the worst wrote:
In post 2477, the worst wrote: no rb/doc, no vig (not autowin but close)

Spoiler:
d3: 10p (3 clears), lim an uncleared VT
n3: 9p (3 clears), scum shoot dave
d4: 8p (3 clears - Jake, Pav, Brian)

rb, no vig (autowin)

Spoiler:
d3: 10p (4 clears - Brian, Pav, Jake, n2 rb target), rb announces a target, lim an uncleared VT
n3: 9p (4 clears), scum kill either dave or rb
d4: 8p is guranteed another clear because of rb, may have another clear because of dave. 5-6 clears wins.

doc, no vig, assuming worst case scenario (autowin)
Spoiler:
d3: 10p (3 clears), lim uncleared VT
n3: 9p (3 clears), scum hunt for doc
d4: 8p (4 clears), as dave is guaranteed to survive
n4: 7p (4 clears), scum shoot dave to avoid further clears
d5: 6p (4 clears)

OR:
n4: 7p (4 clears), scum shoot a clear in hopes of hitting doc, dave gets another clear
d5: 6p (4 clears) anyway

no rb/doc, 1 vig (autowin)
Spoiler:
d3: 10p (3 clears), vig announces target so dave doesn't double, we lim uncleared VT
n3: 9p, vig shoots uncleared VT, scum shoot dave
d4: 7p (4 clears) autowin

OR:
n3: 9p, scum no kill, dave gets a clear, vig shoots uncleared VT
d4: 8p (5 clears)

just writing this up so i can quote it later:

dave has claimed tracker, with a n2 clear on pavowski. there was a kill on n2, and only one scum alive, so pavowski is confirmed to be town.
jake has been outed as a neighbouriser. jake targeted oblivion last night (it has confirmed), meaning that jake is confirmed to be town.
if the above logic is correct, then as long as there is a vig, a roleblocker, or a doctor, we are in autowin.
any doc should claim vt (just protect dave tonight) and i'm pretty confident we win.
if any vig or roleblocker exists, please claim a n3 target as this will put us in auto-win right away.
for firebringer
--
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She | No they/etc

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:07 pm

Post by May »

Very helpful
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:08 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I claimed vt on Day 1.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:09 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 2622, May wrote: I want another chance one day
Help it find another game with you? It would like to play again, but its current other game is... not filling.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

And you, who have your human heart again, know all their secrets still.
This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
no one else has ever loved this way before.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:09 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 477, May wrote: Brian kinda felt like he needed more scumn reads than he has so then the o-ring read is overstated and reachy instead of just "hi folks I'm flailing today"
^But was I wrong?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:10 pm

Post by the worst »

Brian Skies - n1 cop clear, vt
Jake the Wolfie - neighbouriser who acted n2, confirmed town
Pavowski - n2 tracker clear, vt

davesaz - claimed tracker, not clear but mechanically necessary

Dannflor
May
Oblivion
the worst - vt
yessiree - vt
Firebringer

I think that's all the affirmative claims we have so far noting I do not retain enough information to nail this
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:11 pm

Post by the worst »

oh oops

really well played Oblivion!!
--
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:14 pm

Post by Dannflor »

i think multitasking is better tbh
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:15 pm

Post by the worst »

I also strongly prefer multitasking. I think maybe I'd pick informed if I was with a team of stronger scum players than I am, but the utility of nerfing mechanical breaks in pypx/y is huge.
--
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:16 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 2634, Dannflor wrote: i think multitasking is better tbh
It is really a fan of informed's ability to have fake claims and knowledge about the setup, it's only really bad if say, both of your parners die early.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:16 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 2635, the worst wrote: I also strongly prefer multitasking. I think maybe I'd pick informed if I was with a team of stronger scum players than I am, but the utility of nerfing mechanical breaks in pypx/y is huge.
Perhaps it should have considered that when it saw its team but.... it didn't really know?
But not older.

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:19 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2637, Oblivion wrote:
In post 2635, the worst wrote: I also strongly prefer multitasking. I think maybe I'd pick informed if I was with a team of stronger scum players than I am, but the utility of nerfing mechanical breaks in pypx/y is huge.
Perhaps it should have considered that when it saw its team but.... it didn't really know?
oh, definitely. I was the, er, I'd feel egotistical to call myself the co-designer of this set-up, but talked with SS a lot while he was visualising this take on PYPX/Y. it's been bouncing around in my mind for a long time.

this is an extremely overwhelming set-up to roll scum in, particularly for its first scumgame. I wanna roll scum w it next time please
--
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:21 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 2638, the worst wrote:
oh, definitely. I was the, er, I'd feel egotistical to call myself the co-designer of this set-up, but talked with SS a lot while he was visualising this take on PYPX/Y. it's been bouncing around in my mind for a long time.

this is an extremely overwhelming set-up to roll scum in, particularly for its first scumgame. I wanna roll scum w it next time please
It made a suggested draft of:

Gob- OSV
Oblivion -N3V
NAS- OSW

With the idea of using OSW to find power roles, shoot twice night 1 in the tops to remove Cop instantly then use it as our anchor and shoot twice with N3V such that by day 4 there would be 8 players dead, leaving us with 6, which could possibly be 4-2 and thus perpetual ELO, but even if not, not too many clears. That was its strategy.
But not older.

Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:26 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

The fact you got all of those role pairings with your draft standing is pretty impressive.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:29 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 2640, Brian Skies wrote: The fact you got all of those role pairings with your draft standing is pretty impressive.
It studied prior selections patterns and saw our placements and decided it was a decent strategy. It felt Tracker, Cop, Universal Backup would all fall into the top 4. It has noticed Watcher falls very far, as does Night 3 Vig. It felt that Gob at 5 was likely to hit OSV too.
But not older.

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:29 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2639, Oblivion wrote:

Gob- OSV
Oblivion -N3V
NAS- OSW

With the idea of using OSW to find power roles, shoot twice night 1 in the tops to remove Cop instantly then use it as our anchor and shoot twice with N3V such that by day 4 there would be 8 players dead, leaving us with 6, which could possibly be 4-2 and thus perpetual ELO, but even if not, not too many clears. That was its strategy.
This is a really good holistic strategy for this set-up. You get a lot of valuable townies dead.

It may run into issues where scum are caught via the draft (e.g. the one shot vig is confirmed scum immediately on n1; if someone directly under it in the draft chose 1sv & missed, for example, you're pretty much confirmed to be that role, etc.).

It's also a bit of a swingy strategy, like we saw in this set-up losing a member earlier can be devastating when the team strategy really wants all 3 members to be alive to use their roles

but I'm old and jaded and unambitious. I really admire the ambition of its strategy.
--
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:30 pm

Post by Oblivion »

and yes, 5th 10th 12th was a.... bad outcome, it thinks aha.
But not older.

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:31 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2640, Brian Skies wrote: The fact you got all of those role pairings with your draft standing is pretty impressive.
+1 I was like "these people know this set-up who tf made these suggestions" :lol:
--
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:33 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 2642, the worst wrote:
In post 2639, Oblivion wrote:

Gob- OSV
Oblivion -N3V
NAS- OSW

This is a really good holistic strategy for this set-up. You get a lot of valuable townies dead.

It may run into issues where scum are caught via the draft (e.g. the one shot vig is confirmed scum immediately on n1; if someone directly under it in the draft chose 1sv & missed, for example, you're pretty much confirmed to be that role, etc.).

It's also a bit of a swingy strategy, like we saw in this set-up losing a member earlier can be devastating when the team strategy really wants all 3 members to be alive to use their roles

but I'm old and jaded and unambitious. I really admire the ambition of its strategy.
That is why it took informed! It felt like it could use the known unselected role as a way to fake claim safely, since players under draft Rolecop and Draft cop. It felt that the only player who needed to live was it. It needed town elimination day 1, and then gob and NAS' roles were completed. If that happened, all it needed to avoid was Day 2 Day 3 scum eliminations which.... perhaps that is a bit off. Perhaps it should have taken multi tasking for that sake.
But not older.

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:39 pm

Post by the worst »

Good point! Honestly, very little could've prepared for the b2b scum lims, and just the pure luck of penguin + Dave both hitting really strong clear targets.
--
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:45 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 2646, the worst wrote: Good point! Honestly, very little could've prepared for the b2b scum lims, and just the pure luck of penguin + Dave both hitting really strong clear targets.
Eh, doesn't feel like Luck. Brian is a great cop target at a low spot in the draft and who is very eliminatable. Pav was similarly eliminatable but also possible to have a role, so there's possible ways to clear Pav even without 2 scum being dead, or catch him in the act. Those were fantastic target selections.
But not older.

May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She | No they/etc

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:56 pm

Post by May »

In post 2631, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 477, May wrote: Brian kinda felt like he needed more scumn reads than he has so then the o-ring read is overstated and reachy instead of just "hi folks I'm flailing today"
^But was I wrong?
Your read was right. You more accurately read players in this game than I did rosterwide.

I don't see some kind of reason to reevaluate my approach to trying to make reads or anything but you have unlimited coupons to say you read best this game
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:56 pm

Post by Oblivion »

Truthfully, even if it felt that it was within range to be able to win this game, town outplayed scum massively and deserve this team win.
But not older.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”