implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 417, Klick wrote:
In post 403, the worst wrote: if I'm a wolf I ain't that deep I'm moreso referring to his core trait this game being refusal to accept any form of status quo
This is exactly how I would describe his play in our last game together, where he was scum and both him and his partner were locked out fairly early
I don’t really see how this describes my play this game. I don’t think I’ve given any especially spicy takes except for on the worst right now, the only anti status quo thing I’m really doing is yelling at ducks stance that scum is clearly all in the lurkers because, among other reasons, it’s like a 5% chance fmpov

I’m not even disagreeing that there is scum in the lurkers! ceejay is in my scumpool and I said that nm is the weakest of my townreads, ie is in the scummier half of the rest of the player list
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:16 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 421, the worst wrote:
In post 411, implosion wrote:
In post 409, the worst wrote: I'm really struggling to see "I'm exhausted" as anything but a joke I'm surprised you aren't latching onto his apparent instant townread of Klick
why would i latch on to this
because (bluntly) it actually feels meaningful.
Okay well I disagree lol

It’s not even clear that he’s townreading klick, he said klick ceejay is possibly scum theatre. I don’t read “good vote” and “bad vote” as necessarily meaning anything and frankly I think when I read nms posts the first time my brain literally ignored their content at the level of whose votes were being called good or bad or who those votes were on
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 pm

Post by the worst »

you specifically shone a spotlight on townreads of dann as an act of anti status quo ness!
In post 426, implosion wrote:
In post 421, the worst wrote:
In post 411, implosion wrote:
In post 409, the worst wrote: I'm really struggling to see "I'm exhausted" as anything but a joke I'm surprised you aren't latching onto his apparent instant townread of Klick
why would i latch on to this
because (bluntly) it actually feels meaningful.
Okay well I disagree lol

It’s not even clear that he’s townreading klick, he said klick ceejay is possibly scum theatre. I don’t read “good vote” and “bad vote” as necessarily meaning anything and frankly I think when I read nms posts the first time my brain literally ignored their content at the level of whose votes were being called good or bad or who those votes were on
pedit: I definitely think we disagree, I'm still like 99% sure the exhausted comment was part of the bit :p
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 401, the worst wrote: implosion is either the messiah figure this town needs to root out the deepwolves, or he is scum, and I'm yearning to discover which
i also disagree w this btw. my d1 reads are normally garbage. my reads get better over time. Sometimes I have reads that I feel particularly good about d1 and they're probably alright, though sometimes they too are deeply wrong; in toriel's patience I had two pretty solid townreads d1 (dannflor and sakura hana) which were on 2/3 of the scumteam. Which is part of why there's a part of me that refuses to accept any townreads on Dann right now as being legitimately >rand. Not that it's not possible to do so. I just don't think anything he's done is necessarily unmotivated in the way that I think he has to be at some point to be town, if that makes sense. I'm probably not going to be able to get a solid read on him for a long time personally
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 427, the worst wrote: you specifically shone a spotlight on townreads of dann as an act of anti status quo ness!
i shone a spotlight on the person who was already calling out those townreads. that's hardly an act of anti status quo ness, it's an act of amplifying a voice that currently exists that i like the message of
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 427, the worst wrote: pedit: I definitely think we disagree, I'm still like 99% sure the exhausted comment was part of the bit :p
yes it was obviously a bit. i understand that.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 pm

Post by Aureal »

There's some muddy bootprints leading to another game name laying on the ground.

This game contains
p
r
e
c
i
s
e
l
y
two pigeons

Votecount 1.03

Current Votes
ceejayvinoya (3/5)
-> Klick (), Bingle (), Dannflor ()
the worst (2/5)
-> Black (), implosion ()
implosion (2/5)
-> Political Clout (), the worst ()
Bingle (1/5)
-> ceejayvinoya ()
Not_Mafia (1/5)
-> Not_Mafia ()

Not Voting (0)
-> None

With 9 seekers, it takes 5 votes to remove someone from play.

The day deadline is 10 days ((expired on 2024-04-04 21:13:32) remaining.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 428, implosion wrote:
In post 401, the worst wrote: implosion is either the messiah figure this town needs to root out the deepwolves, or he is scum, and I'm yearning to discover which
i also disagree w this btw. my d1 reads are normally garbage. my reads get better over time. Sometimes I have reads that I feel particularly good about d1 and they're probably alright, though sometimes they too are deeply wrong; in toriel's patience I had two pretty solid townreads d1 (dannflor and sakura hana) which were on 2/3 of the scumteam. Which is part of why there's a part of me that refuses to accept any townreads on Dann right now as being legitimately >rand. Not that it's not possible to do so. I just don't think anything he's done is necessarily unmotivated in the way that I think he has to be at some point to be town, if that makes sense. I'm probably not going to be able to get a solid read on him for a long time personally
oh god my condolences, welcome to the dannflor fannclub
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 pm

Post by the worst »

idk the more I reflect back on Black's interrogation of me the more I like it. it felt like she felt like she had an ace and she was playing back to back opening traps, then before committing to a checkmate attack, just picked up a pawn and pelted it at my head. like I can see why I'm perplexing and ostensibly scummy here from the perspective of someone who likes to drill down. I don't really enjoy reflecting, I change my mind constantly and place very little interest in my old opinions, so I don't think thats a style of conversation where I'm ever going to perform satisfactorily.

implo it kinda feels like you're forcing a "gotcha" vibe through the definition of my use of probably in a throwaway sentence which I then contradicted. like, within the sentence. you also don't disagree with the conclusion (you actively scumread cjv, apparently think we are scum together, and nm is not outside of your eventual natural POE) but I don't really know how to meet you anywhere on this. it kinda feels like you decided I was evil when black voted me and we've kinda been throwing words back at each other.

sorry if you're town I really enjoy your style and you're super cool. we just aren't gelling here at all and I'm kind of just in a place where I think it's probably bc you want me dead.
--
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 392, Bingle wrote:
In post 376, Not_Mafia wrote: Wrong take away from that interaction imho
What's the right takeaway?
ceejay scum
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:09 am

Post by Black »

In post 396, the worst wrote: I think black is the only person I've seen who is like, outright hard townreading dann atm
It's not a hard townread
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:15 am

Post by Black »

I don't have enough confidence in my ceejay read to really defend him here but it seems like that's the direction we're headed
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:44 am

Post by Bingle »

Not gonna lie, ceejay not doing anything here is giving me the warm fuzzies about the wagon being good.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:55 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 434, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 392, Bingle wrote:
In post 376, Not_Mafia wrote: Wrong take away from that interaction imho
What's the right takeaway?
ceejay scum
That’s the same takeaway though
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:08 am

Post by the worst »

unsure if my ego is flaring but I'm so excited to play with ceejay and he is wholesale ignoring me which feels like he's not on the level :sob:
--
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:13 am

Post by Bingle »

My only hesitation with ceejay is that, like, no one is making significant moves to defend him. Granted, he wouldn’t be giving a buddy much to work with here and even still there’s been multiple attempts at starting other wagons.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:15 am

Post by Bingle »

With that said, I’m interested in delaying the lim a couple days to give him a chance to reflect on his wagon.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:18 am

Post by Dannflor »

don't think ceejay/NM make that much sense because even though NM is crazy and wild I think he also generally probably plays to win and bussing your buddy when you're both considered to be in the bottom 3 slots is kind of a wack strategy

ceejay/implo makes a lot more sense because implo is doing pretty much exactly what he'd need to be doing as scum by distancing but still primarily pushing in the more active players

if there's like 1 scum in the active players and 1 scum in the inactive players i don't think the active scum would be hard defending CJ........... they might.... make posts like.... tho.... :thinking:
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:20 am

Post by the worst »

In post 440, Bingle wrote: My only hesitation with ceejay is that, like, no one is making significant moves to defend him. Granted, he wouldn’t be giving a buddy much to work with here and even still there’s been multiple attempts at starting other wagons.
implosion, probably arguably me if we assume I'm not trying very hard
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:21 am

Post by the worst »

In post 442, Dannflor wrote: don't think ceejay/NM make that much sense because even though NM is crazy and wild I think he also generally probably plays to win and bussing your buddy when you're both considered to be in the bottom 3 slots is kind of a wack strategy

ceejay/implo makes a lot more sense because implo is doing pretty much exactly what he'd need to be doing as scum by distancing but still primarily pushing in the more active players

if there's like 1 scum in the active players and 1 scum in the inactive players i don't think the active scum would be hard defending CJ........... they might.... make posts like.... tho.... :thinking:
:o :o :o
--
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:22 am

Post by Dannflor »

yo bingle why does your read on me feel so contrived
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:26 am

Post by Dannflor »

like first of all your basis just seems to be that there isn't much to town read but it seems like you'd have a pretty high bar for town reading me anyway so that can't be all of it

but then a bunch of people were like "hey we just finished a game with scum!dann and this feels different" and you were like, no actually this game is pretty much exactly the same and then like.... didn't interrogate that difference at all

which like it's fine if you don't want to kill me right now I'd prefer that, but if you cared about the read at all idk why you wouldn't try to get people to understand why their town!dann bias might be wrong

also like is your view on my slot that i've actually been shotgunning meh takes left and right this game? i feel like i have a substantial lack of takes which yeah obviously i'm aware enough as a player to fake the difference but that just makes it weirder you wouldn't acknowledge the difference between this game and my last scum game
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:29 am

Post by the worst »

one sec I got a thing
--