Start of Day 2
Spoiler: Day 2 Vote Counts

End of Day 2

Start of Day 3
End of Day 3

Start of Day 4
VC 4.01
End of Day 4
Last edited by Aureal on Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:50 pm, edited 17 times in total.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:35 pm

Post by Aureal »

Rules
(largely cribbed from Alianna but I stuck her in spec chat so she can't come after me)

General

1. Please abide by all site rules.
2. Toxic and harmful behaviour will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to:
- flaming, insulting, or directing personal attacks at other players
- use of slurs or derogatory language
- spamming
- excessive AtE
- excessive discussion of real life issues (a mention is fine, but this is not a place to vent or to go into detail)
- otherwise being a jerk or making the game unenjoyable for others
3. If you wish to replace out, request replacement via PM. Do not discuss replacing out in thread or suggest that another player replace out. Do not discuss the reasons behind a player replacing out.
4. Once you request replacement or I post that you are being replaced it is final. You cease to be a player in the game and may no longer post.
5. After your departure is announced in the game thread, you may no longer post in the game thread or any associated PTs other than the spectator PT.
6. My mod colour this game is
#4000FF
. You can use it as long as you aren't trying to impersonate me.
7. Please be mindful of other users' preferred pronouns and do your best not to misgender others. Continual or flagrant violations may result in warnings/force replacement.
8. Moderation actions will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the individual circumstances. Player alignment, of course, will not be a factor.
9. If you have concerns that moderator action is needed somewhere or that I have made a mistake (excluding minor errors like VC mistakes), please contact me via PM.
10. I reserve the right to alter the ruleset. Any rules changes will be announced in the game thread.

Activity

11. At minimum, you must post in the game thread once every 36 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded.
12. You must pick up your prod and post game-relevant content within 24 hours or be replaced.
13. If you accumulate 3 prods, you will be replaced.
14. If you are going to be absent for longer than 48 hours, please declare V/LA in thread or by PM. Players on V/LA will not be prodded.
15. Any player who does not post anything game-relevant for 4 days will be replaced. This rule applies regardless of V/LA status. If you foresee that this will be the case for you, please request replacement.

Deadlines

16. Day one has a 10-day deadline and subsequent days have a 7-day deadline. Nights have a 2-day deadline.
17. The deadline will not count down past 48 hours if a replacement is pending, and may be frozen/extended in other special circumstances pending moderator judgement. Requests for extensions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
18. Fast night is available if all living players, including those without night actions, request it.

Voting and Eliminations

19. Votes and unvotes must be bolded in the format
VOTE: Player
or in vote/unvote tags (VOTE: Player). Vote/unvote tags are preferred.
20. I will not count votes that are:
- unclear (use of nicknames is permitted but if I don't understand who you mean it won't count)
- improperly formatted
- in spoilers or obviously broken quotes
-
struck through
or purposely obfuscated in any other way
21. An elimination occurs when a majority (>50%) of players vote to eliminate someone. If no majority is reached by the deadline, no one will be eliminated.
22. You may vote not to eliminate anyone (VOTE: No Elimination). If the number of living players is even, only 50% of players must agree to secure a no-elimination.
23. Once the hammer vote is cast, the day’s fate is sealed. Discussion may continue into the twilight, but no further votes or unvotes will be counted.

Private Topics

24. If you would like a notes PT, you may request one but you may not directly reference its existence.
25. All PTs shared by two or more players will be released unredacted after the game ends. If you have a notes PT, it is up to you what you would like to do with it, and you will have the moderator privileges to do it yourself.
34. Did you notice this is 34 but there were only 25 points before it? Congratulations on reading the other 25 points, I hope? And also 29, it's very important because it doesn't exist.

Roles

Spoiler: Sample Role PMs
Welcome! You are a
Vanilla Townie
Abilities:
You have no special abilities.

Win condition:
You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

Please confirm your role by replying to this PM with the name of your role and game rule 29.
Welcome! You are a
Mafia Goon
Abilities:

You and your partner share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional Private Thread (PT), located here, where you may talk at any time.
Win condition:

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Please confirm your role by replying to this PM with the name of your role and game rule 29, or by posting in the Mafia PT.
Welcome! You are a
Town Vanilla Cop
Abilities:

Each Night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn whether or not that player is a vanilla of their faction. (A Vanilla Townie or Goon is a vanilla of their faction.)
Win condition:

Please confirm your role by replying to this PM with the name of your role and game rule 29.
Welcome! You are a
Town Tracker
Abilities:

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player or players they targeted with their action, if any. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.
Win condition:

Welcome! You are a
Mafia Rolecop
Abilities:

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed of their role but not their alignment. Vanilla Townies and Mafia Goons will both return "Vanilla". If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.
You and your partner share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a role cop in the same night phase. You also share a factional Private Thread (PT), located here, where you may talk at any time.
Win condition:

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Please confirm your role by replying to this PM with the name of your role and game rule 29, or by posting in the Mafia PT.
Welcome! You are a
Town Follower
Abilities:

Each Night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn what type of action (according to Natural Action Resolution/Normal Game) that player used that night. (You will get "no result" if this action is blocked.)
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Welcome! You are a
Town Jailkeeper
Abilities:

Each Night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will be protected from kills that night, but all their actions will be blocked that night.
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Welcome! You are a
Mafia 1-Shot Juggernaut
Abilities:

You and your partner share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional Private Thread (PT), located here, where you may talk at any time.
Once in the game at Night, if no other member of your faction is performing the factional kill action, you may target a player with your Juggernaut action. Assuming no interference, your kill that night cannot be blocked or protected from.

Win condition:

Welcome! You are a
Town Babysitter
Abilities:

Each Night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will be protected from one direct kill, but will die if you are killed.

Win condition:

Welcome! You are a
Town Roleblocker
Abilities:

Each Night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player's active abilities will be blocked that night.
Win condition:

Welcome! You are a
Town Rolecop
Abilities:

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed of their role but not their alignment. Vanilla Townies and Mafia Goons will both return "Vanilla". If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.
Win condition:

Welcome! You are a
Town Doctor
Abilities:

Each Night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will be protected from one kill that night.
Win condition:

Welcome! You are a
Mafia Roleblocker
Abilities:

Each Night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player's active abilities will be blocked that night.
You and your partner share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional Private Thread (PT), located here, where you may talk at any time.
Win condition:

"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:21 pm

Post by Aureal »

Greetings! I am your moderator, the one known as AUREAL. As you may be aware, I have amassed a vast horde of names which could be used for games of Mafia! I assure you, I come by these by totally legitimate means. You can definitely trust me on that, because as you can see, I'm wearing a pirate hat.

However! There is one small problem with which I require your assistance. Much of my precious collection is missing! In fact, I believe they have been
stolen
!

I have reason to suspect that this is likely the work of the nefarious DRAGONEATER70! He has apparently run out of game names, and clearly is in the hunt to acquire more! I have tracked his minions this far by following the trail of scattered game names, but I am lazy and want you to take over for me in finding them. I think there's a hideout of those minions around here somewhere. I definitely didn't create it myself or know anything about it. I need you all to figure out who the minions are so I can stop them from stealing my game names!

Also, if you could pick up those names you find laying around and throw them back in my hoard, that would be great. It's kind of a mess around here.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:23 pm

Post by Aureal »

Role PMs are going out shortly. The game will begin after all players have confirmed.
9/9 confirmations received.
If confirmation is not received in (expired on 2024-03-27 03:42:09) replacement of unconfirmed slots will be sought.

All confirmations received, game will start shortly.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:13 pm

Post by Aureal »

You find a game name alongside your vote count:

The
Mafia
came from
Outer Space
!

Votecount 1.00

Not Voting (9)
-> Not_Mafia, the worst, Dannflor, Klick, Bingle, ceejayvinoya, Political Clout, implosion, Black

With 9 seekers, it takes 5 votes to remove someone from play.

The day deadline is in 10 days ((expired on 2024-04-04 21:13:32) remaining).
-furtiveglance
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:16 pm

Post by Political Clout »

VOTE: the worst
Ya basic!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:19 pm

Post by Black »

sup clodpoles

VOTE: Not_Mafia
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:23 pm

Post by Dannflor »

no pressure, but like, *everyone* is watching

VOTE: the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:59 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Hi

VOTE: Political Clout
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:35 pm

Post by implosion »

Hello friends!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:35 pm

Post by implosion »

High energy game!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:44 pm

Post by Dannflor »

you could vote
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:18 pm

In post 11, Dannflor wrote: you could vote
Implosion rarely does rvs from the 4 games I checked. They're either quickly jumping into the game which means town or like in open 887 are quickly Mafia. It's by like almost the third post that you can tell implosions alignment. Although now that I post this it might all change. I predict implosions next post should be alignment indicative.
Ya basic!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:06 pm

Post by the worst »

ugh I TOLD you not to watch me
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:07 pm

Post by the worst »

VOTE: political clout

serious vote
--
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:14 pm

Post by Klick »

VOTE: Political Clout

Baaaa
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:19 pm

Post by the worst »

Political Clout/Klick mafia team is a damn shame but that's how it goes sometimes
--
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:52 pm

Post by Klick »

I am offended
I'm sure PC and I will last at least 48 hours
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:49 pm

Post by Dannflor »

bet

VOTE: political clout
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:50 pm

Post by Dannflor »

why’d you make
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:17 am

Post by the worst »

this is gonna be one of those games where I lurk and shitpost but have low-key perfect reads, get eliminated d1, then everyone forgets and roasts me postgame isn't it
--
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:57 am

In post 19, Dannflor wrote: why’d you make
why am I trying to solve for peoples alignments? Probably because I don't know their alignments.
Ya basic!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:59 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 4, Aureal wrote:
The
Mafia
came from
Outer Space
!
Let’s all ignore that the mafia team is modconfirmed to be implo and black, btw.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:01 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 22, Political Clout wrote:
In post 19, Dannflor wrote: why’d you make
why am I trying to solve for peoples alignments? Probably because I don't know their alignments.
Is that post trying to solve alignments or establish you as an authority on implosions alignment though? Cause I don’t see how it’s going to positively affect implos readability.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”