Diplomacy! 2024

This forum is for playing games other than Mafia and Mafia variants.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Diplomacy! 2024

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:20 pm

Post by Jingle »

Welcome, Friends, to the Diplomacy thread!

A standard game of diplomacy has 7 players and a mod. The rules to Diplomacy can be found here: https://media.wizards.com/2015/download ... _rules.pdf

This game will be resolved using https://www.backstabbr.com/

Deadlines: With the exception of Spring 1901, which will last for 96 hours, each Spring and Autumn phase will allow 48 hours for players to talk before orders must be submitted to me via PM. Retreats and build phases will be 24 hours, or 48 hours if such time would include a weekend. An alternate designee (whether a member of the game or not) may be appointed to submit orders on your behalf if you would be unable to submit orders during a specific time period.

Do not attempt to deceive me with orders. If you send me an invalid order in Spring 1901 and I spot it before deadline, I will point this out to you and allow you to resubmit if you have time, but I will not do this in future turns. You may deliberately submit an invalid order but I will not attempt to 'correct' anything; invalid orders will be treated as if no order was submitted. You may ask me via PM what would and would not be considered a valid order if you need to do so.

When issuing convoy orders, I will accept either implicit orders (A Lon - Pic) or explicit orders (A Lon - Eng - Pic).

If seven game years pass without a supply center changing hands, the game will end in a draw between all remaining powers (it probably won't come to that).

If you send multiple sets of orders before deadline, I will take the most recent PM only. All previous orders will be disregarded so include a full list of orders in each new PM.

Please do not attempt to prove private communications to other players; if you want to tell X what Y said to you, you should say it second-hand.

Please follow all site rules.

You may discuss this game with other members of the game during Order phases. This communication may be public, in this game thread, or private, any other means. You may not discuss this game with other players during build or retreat phases.

Signing up and power allocation: I'll take the first seven players. When you /in, please send me a PM listing the seven great powers in preference order, with 1 being your most preferred and 7 your least preferred. You may not give more than one power equal ranking. I'll then resolve allocation based on preferences.

Hydrae are welcome. If you would like to form a hydra for this game, you do not need a hydra account. You simply need to express that the players in question would like to play together. This may be advisable if you are unsure your availability will be continuous.

/in

Game 1:
  • DragonEater70 and usesPython
  • Gypyx
  • JacksonVirgo and KayJayQueue
  • AniX
  • ORAMiniscence
  • cephrir
  • StraightFlush
If there is enough interest, I will be willing to run an additional game. For now, I'll limit myself to two concurrent games. This may change in the future. Each game, when it fills, will get its own game thread. If players would like to use a different deaadline pattern for a given game, and I can handle it, I will adjust that game's deadlines. Feel free to use this thread to solicit signups for variant forms of diplomacy or games with strange deadlines.
Last edited by Jingle on Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
This is a Parachute.