Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:15 pm

Post by experience »

In post 622, imaginality wrote: My current thoughts on what we should do:
- if CSF is alive, lim CSF
- if CSF is NKed and flips scum, lim ming or Elements
- if CSF is NKed and flips town, lim light_ganski obviously
- if CSF, out of a desperate attempt to disrupt the game and escape judgment, unleashes a tiger attack on the site before the end of N1, run away faster than CSF so the tigers catch her in an ironic twist of fate
i think this seems like a good course of action
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:21 pm

Post by experience »

In post 636, OopsieDaisy wrote: If Ming is town I prolly look at slots like drew or experience who didn't rly take the chance to change anything night 0.
good idea
(tho i probably wouldn't have voted br, who i didn't really have a read on, over ming, regardless of my alignment)
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:26 pm

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 648, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 647, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 646, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 645, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 643, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 636, OopsieDaisy wrote: If Ming is town I prolly look at slots like drew or experience who didn't rly take the chance to change anything night 0.
What do you mean by this?
If Ming is town then scum knew that it didn't matter where we landed between Moros/Ming/BR. Therefore there's no reason for em to shake up the boat like for example Black did. So I wanna look at the slots who didn't do a whole lot N0 if it turns out Ming is town, because scum are less likely to have been actively engaging and pushing the wagons to and fro imo.
How did Black shake the boat?
By flipping the focus away from Ming and onto BR after my vote onto Ming, alongside initially pushing heavily against Ming during the night prior to that.
But you just said if ming is town, then scum knew they could flip between any of the three you mentioned, since they would all be mis lims.

How does this clear Black?
sure scum *can* flip between any of the three but why would they? black had built up a pretty solid push on ming, before then moving to moros, so abandoning both of those already justified pushes to push another town wagon through last minute instead doesn't really make sense to do as scum there.
Show
PSA - I have ADHD. This means I can be forgetful, impulsive, and emotional. Please try to be aware of this when reading me, thanks :]

"I hope you dont flip scum, you seem really sweet." - curiouskarmadog
"Oopsie is too wholesome to push" - Takutai
Wiki page
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:27 pm

Post by experience »

In post 652, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 648, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 647, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 646, Doctor Drew wrote:
If Ming is town then scum knew that it didn't matter where we landed between Moros/Ming/BR. Therefore there's no reason for em to shake up the boat like for example Black did. So I wanna look at the slots who didn't do a whole lot N0 if it turns out Ming is town, because scum are less likely to have been actively engaging and pushing the wagons to and fro imo.
How did Black shake the boat?
By flipping the focus away from Ming and onto BR after my vote onto Ming, alongside initially pushing heavily against Ming during the night prior to that.
But you just said if ming is town, then scum knew they could flip between any of the three you mentioned, since they would all be mis lims.

How does this clear Black?
sure scum *can* flip between any of the three but why would they? black had built up a pretty solid push on ming, before then moving to moros, so abandoning both of those already justified pushes to push another town wagon through last minute instead doesn't really make sense to do as scum there.
+1
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:28 pm

Post by experience »

btw, random thing.
what do y'all think of the chance that scum could be lying about voting br?
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:29 pm

Post by experience »

maybe i should doublecheck who everybody said they voted.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:32 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

If Ming is town then scum knew that it didn't matter where we landed between
Moros/Ming/BR.
Therefore there's no reason for em to shake up the boat like for example Black did. So I wanna look at the slots who didn't do a whole lot N0 if it turns out Ming is town, because scum are less likely to have been actively engaging and pushing the wagons to and fro imo.
Ya, but you said it doesn't matter where we landed in the bolded three, because scum knew they would be all three town......if awesome is town.

Black went from Awesome, to BR.....

So....by your logic, how does this clear Black?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:33 pm

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 656, Doctor Drew wrote:
Moros/Ming/BR.
Therefore there's no reason for em to shake up the boat like for example Black did. So I wanna look at the slots who didn't do a whole lot N0 if it turns out Ming is town, because scum are less likely to have been actively engaging and pushing the wagons to and fro imo.
Ya, but you said it doesn't matter where we landed in the bolded three, because scum knew they would be all three town......if awesome is town.

it doesn't matter where we land in the bolded three, so why change the fact that we were landing on ming if she's scum and ming's town?
Show
PSA - I have ADHD. This means I can be forgetful, impulsive, and emotional. Please try to be aware of this when reading me, thanks :]

Wiki page
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:36 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 657, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 656, Doctor Drew wrote:
Moros/Ming/BR.

it doesn't matter where we land in the bolded three, so why change the fact that we were landing on ming if she's scum and ming's town?
I am clearly missing some key piece of logic here.

Whey do experience and I need more of a look, and not Black, if Awesome were to flip town?
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:38 pm

Post by experience »

only 4 people confirmed they actually ended up voting br, by my count (oopsie, light, csf, thomith).
2 confirmed voting for ming (me and halfasleep).
and 1 for black (drew).
that leaves 4 people, not including br, unaccounted for (elements, ming, black, imag).
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:40 pm

Post by experience »

imag, i trust to be town for recent posting, and i doubt ming would self-vote.
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:43 pm

Post by experience »

but, how can we be sure scum didn't pretend to vote br?
like realistically, only 7 people needed to vote br.
any extra could easily have lied and claimed a vote on br, knowing they can't be disproven.
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:46 pm

Post by OopsieDaisy »

Yea you are missing something Drew lemme try and explain in more detail.

I don't see a reasonable explanation as to why Black overhauls her reads 3 hours before the deadline to get someone she hasn't shown much of a care for prior to that point pushed out. If she's scum and the wagon that was about to happen was gonna be on town anyways, it's wasted effort, and that play is basically guaranteed to draw more attention to her in the following day.

I believe in a gamestate where town are basically guaranteed to get wagoned, scum players don't have much motivation to change the gamestate. So when Black comes in and starts leading a new wagon 3 hours before deadline, that directly goes against this theory if Ming is town. This is why I want to look into experience/you/halfasleep if Ming flips town. I'm hunting for people who showed a lack of motivation to change the gamestate at that time.
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:50 pm

Post by OopsieDaisy »

If Ming is scum however there is clear scum motive to change the gamestate, a leading town member just plonked a vote onto your scumbuddy who's been under pressure for a good chunk of the day and could get wagoned, so we look to see who did change things up in reaction to that and black/thomith pop up.
Show

Wiki page
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:50 pm

Post by experience »

oopsie, what do you think of my theory?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:00 pm

Post by imaginality »

Daisy's last two posts make sense to me.

Just one slight caveat, Black was pretty townread D1 and I could see her, if she's scum and ming is town, pushing for a switch to town knowing she can survive any fallout from it and it might help lead to a ming mislim on a future day if Black gets flipped first for some reason (e.g. SK/vig shot or cop guilty). But that does seem like an unnecessary risk so I agree with Daisy's read on the situation.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:12 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 659, experience wrote: only 4 people confirmed they actually ended up voting br, by my count (oopsie, light, csf, thomith).
and 1 for black (drew).
that leaves 4 people, not including br, unaccounted for (elements, ming, black, imag).
In post 661, experience wrote: but, how can we be sure scum didn't pretend to vote br?
any extra could easily have lied and claimed a vote on br, knowing they can't be disproven.
Sorry, overlooked this with in all the cop guilty excitement.

I voted Black Ranger. I'd been asleep the last six hours of N0 - based on where things were at when I checked out I was expecting I'd be voting ming or Moros, but when I caught up and saw where the discussion had ended up it seemed Black Ranger had gained the most consensus by end of day. So I added my vote on Black Ranger (as per my N0 belief that we don't want to risk giving scum a chance to redirect our lims).
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:16 pm

Post by imaginality »

Yeah, there's no way to catch scum out if they falsely claim to have been on the lim wagon. If they falsely claim to have been on a different wagon, in some circumstances that would be possible to catch.

What could be neat in a future variant of this game would be an "election monitor" role who can target a group of say three players each Day phase, and receives the results of who they voted for (not who voted whom, just "two votes on Alice, one vote on Bob"). Or perhaps they can target one player and find out how many people voted that player.
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:29 pm

Post by experience »

In post 666, imaginality wrote:
In post 659, experience wrote: only 4 people confirmed they actually ended up voting br, by my count (oopsie, light, csf, thomith).
and 1 for black (drew).
In post 661, experience wrote: but, how can we be sure scum didn't pretend to vote br?
Sorry, overlooked this with in all the cop guilty excitement.

I voted Black Ranger. I'd been asleep the last six hours of N0 - based on where things were at when I checked out I was expecting I'd be voting ming or Moros, but when I caught up and saw where the discussion had ended up it seemed Black Ranger had gained the most consensus by end of day. So I added my vote on Black Ranger (as per my N0 belief that we don't want to risk giving scum a chance to redirect our lims).
i see and no problems! :)
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:30 pm

Post by experience »

going offtrack, just noticed i have the fifth highest amount of posts (surprisingly)
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:31 pm

Post by experience »

In post 667, imaginality wrote: What could be neat in a future variant of this game would be an "election monitor" role who can target a group of say three players each Day phase, and receives the results of who they voted for (not who voted whom, just "two votes on Alice, one vote on Bob"). Or perhaps they can target one player and find out how many people voted that player.
also this is such a good idea!!!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:43 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 503, OopsieDaisy wrote: and yea no one bit on the black ranger stuff so im VOTE: ming right now.
In post 504, Black wrote: I'm down to

VOTE: Black Ranger
In post 505, Black wrote: Deadline looming
In post 509, Thomith wrote: VOTE: Black Ranger
In post 511, awesomeming327 wrote: black ranger's ISO is a bit comical
It's very very detached from the game and I can't say it's towny
ive stuff to do rn but ill look into it in like aqn hour
Daisy

I was starting to feel like you are doing whatever you can to protect Black, but I looked back to when Black switched gears onto BR.

Black wasn't getting 'traction' on the Awesome wagon, Moros was actually the leading wagon, then this happened.

You voted Awesome, to which Black suddenly switched to BR, and mentioned the threat of the deadline like 'we gotta move people'

Thomith then quickly sheeped

And then Awesome with a comical read on BR just when the momentum is starting to turn to them.

I am agreeing with you now that the flip on Awesome does tell us quite a bit actually, but Awesome flipping town does not clear Black imo

I still believe this was Black trying to protect their buddy in Awesome, and if Awesome is town I could easily see Black going for the mis lim that gives less info
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:44 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 671, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 503, OopsieDaisy wrote: and yea no one bit on the black ranger stuff so im VOTE: ming right now.
In post 504, Black wrote: I'm down to

VOTE: Black Ranger
In post 505, Black wrote: Deadline looming
In post 509, Thomith wrote: VOTE: Black Ranger
In post 511, awesomeming327 wrote: black ranger's ISO is a bit comical
It's very very detached from the game and I can't say it's towny
ive stuff to do rn but ill look into it in like aqn hour
Daisy

I was starting to feel like you are doing whatever you can to protect Black, but I looked back to when Black switched gears onto BR.

Black wasn't getting 'traction' on the Awesome wagon, Moros was actually the leading wagon, then this happened.

You voted Awesome, to which Black suddenly switched to BR, and mentioned the threat of the deadline like 'we gotta move people'

Thomith then quickly sheeped

And then Awesome with a comical read on BR just when the momentum is starting to turn to them.

I am agreeing with you now that the flip on Awesome does tell us quite a bit actually, but Awesome flipping town does not clear Black imo

I still believe this was Black trying to protect their buddy in Awesome, and if Awesome is town I could easily see Black going for the mis lim that gives less info
As I got to the preview, I will say I do think there is still a possibility you are protecting Black.......if that wasn't clear Daisy
awesomeming327
awesomeming327
he/him
Goon
awesomeming327
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:45 pm

Post by awesomeming327 »

Thomith is towny for doing the mech thing to look at light’s genuineness
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:45 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Argh with the post edits, sorry lol

And I definitely wouldn't say Black was 'shaking things up'....you are grossly putting to oomph to a late day switch in a vote Daisy lol

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”