Shell Game (Day 3)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2425 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 1:41 am

Post by Shello and Goodbye »

In post 2416, Bingle wrote:
In post 2412, Shello and Goodbye wrote: Vaguely town but not very strongly and wouldn't bet anything on it yet

I don't think scumreading morph is ai
Huh.

If you’d said you were scumreading me I’d townread you for it.
I don't really know why you're expecting me to have any sort read on you tbh - it's been literally years since we played together. Like back then i used to be very good at interpretting penguin pop-ins but it's been a minute and i'm not sure i can do that anymore, which is why i haven't

You're playing in a way that is kind of surface-level scummy and attention-grabbing for sure but aren't using it to actually do anythihg with it

Like i can very easily see scum-you decide to push town-morph (*especially* if you wanted to change the directory of the day), but that's not where you're going with it, and it seems kind of silly for scum-you to declare a scumread on morph and then *not* do anything substantial with it

As i write this out it is kind of abt the morph read, i'm realizing, but less about the read itself and more abt what you're doing with it

But like i said it's not very confident and it could just be you were busy yesterday etc but in a vaccuum i probably think this isn't how you play this
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2426 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 1:44 am

In post 2419, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 2414, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 2401, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: if we yeet flower today and he flips scum we murder dannflor and bingle immediately btw
Bingle, sure. I actually think dann is town independant of sunflower and would fite that

Although honestly i'm not sure sunflower + bingle make so much sense together either, but i'll admit it has to do with how much Bingle may have read before so this isn't a great thought
I would never fite you <3 but i wouldnt be surprised if you were wrong! :P
I think he believes what he was writing abt morph, and there's a lot of nuance i think

Also has the vibe of - i was kind of holding this back b/c i really don't think this is going to go anywhere, i really do scumread them so i'm gonna say this anysays, even if it gains no traction, and damn the consequences
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2427 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 1:46 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

mafia love scumreads that don't go anywhere what
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2428 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 1:46 am

Post by Bingle »

It’s more that in the past town me tended to trigger scumpings from you and I don’t think you would be conscious of that after this much time than anything else. Digging the in depth analysis though.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2429 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 1:48 am

ig I kind of think Dann's defense of Sunflower is scummy if Sunflower is mafia is because when I asked him for the receipts here;
In post 2339, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 2336, Dannflor wrote: it also has to do with me having played with fire a lot and feeling like I have a decent handle on what he's self conscious about as scum
you're going to have to spell out the exact read if that's the line you're taking
he just didnt answer me

tho I guess it could be that he went to bed or whatever ~.~
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2430 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 1:50 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 2356, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2191, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I also think it was suspect that Brian Skies didn't react to the cakez thing at all. I think he might've been the only player around the time to post but not comment on it, but instead voted firebringer.
The whole thing about timestamps and whatnot has never been something that's been in my repertoire, so I don't know why anyone would be expecting a reaction from me.

As far as I'm concerned, we're lucky to get any Cakez at all considering he should still be on V/LA.
I guess that's plausible bc no one else seemed to think it was interesting
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2431 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 1:51 am

In post 2428, Bingle wrote: It’s more that in the past town me tended to trigger scumpings from you and I don’t think you would be conscious of that after this much time than anything else. Digging the in depth analysis though.
You do but i was actually cognizant of that, yeah, so just decided to ignore it

Like i said same thing with penguin, the pop-ins are pinging me a lot but i think i can't read them so i'm just whatever, i think he'll be more readable later
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2432 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 1:52 am

In post 2427, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: mafia love scumreads that don't go anywhere what
Generally yeah but i don't think this is how (competant) scum generally have a scumread on morph
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2433 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 1:55 am

In post 2421, Bingle wrote: Why do you think flowerscum indicates Bingle scum and is it recursive?
you're defending flower in a very shady way without really elaborating on why you think flower is town.

like you call out morph for their tmi "case" on flower which is very eye-roll but you don't say anything that flower did is actually townie for whatever reason
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2434 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 1:56 am

Post by Bingle »

@skitter It’s kind of frustrating to me that that is a perfect description of how I feel about you and I don’t see a way around it.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2435 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 1:57 am

like the line of logic of

"this case is bad" ->. they should know better -> they are mafia using a bad case to go after flower who is town(?).

is ? to me because I don't know where you got "this case is bad" indicates they're mafia. if anything I'd expect them to come up with bad cases if they're town because I'd think scum!them would be more likely to think about whether this "case" even makes sense to begin with before pressing the submit button.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2436 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 1:58 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2433, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 2421, Bingle wrote: Why do you think flowerscum indicates Bingle scum and is it recursive?
you're defending flower in a very shady way without really elaborating on why you think flower is town.

like you call out morph for their tmi "case" on flower which is very eye-roll but you don't say anything that flower did is actually townie for whatever reason
That sounds more like a reason to scumread me independently than a reason to link us, tbh.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2437 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 1:59 am

In post 2432, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 2427, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: mafia love scumreads that don't go anywhere what
Generally yeah but i don't think this is how (competant) scum generally have a scumread on morph
ok but if the goal of competent scum is to put a chip in the wall and get townread this is pretty much textbook since its literally achieving that strategic purpose.

if anything I think if you're town and you think this person is scum and they're very unlikely to come under pressure and many people are saying they're town and they have a strong town rep, you
don't
say it out loud because casting doubt on the alignment makes it LESS likely they get nightkilled and really brings you nothing strategically.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2438 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 2:00 am

Post by Bingle »

It’s not that the case is bad, it’s that the case isn’t something they would think. It’s a fake reason. Bad cases aren’t scummy, manufactured cases are.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2439 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 2:01 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2437, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
ok but if the goal of competent scum is to put a chip in the wall and get townread this is pretty much textbook since its literally achieving that strategic purpose.

if anything I think if you're town and you think this person is scum and they're very unlikely to come under pressure and many people are saying they're town and they have a strong town rep, you
don't
say it out loud because casting doubt on the alignment makes it LESS likely they get nightkilled and really brings you nothing strategically.
Do you really think me sussing morph is likely to prevent them being nightkilled if they’re town?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2440 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 2:02 am

In post 2436, Bingle wrote: That sounds more like a reason to scumread me independently than a reason to link us, tbh.
the link lets me evaluate two alignments - if I stated it just as an outright suspicion it would be less useful
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2441 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 2:03 am

In post 2438, Bingle wrote: It’s not that the case is bad, it’s that the case isn’t something they would think. It’s a fake reason. Bad cases aren’t scummy, manufactured cases are.
of course they thought it.

if they weren't capable of thinking it, it wouldn't have gotten posted in the first place
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2442 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 2:03 am

In post 2439, Bingle wrote: Do you really think me sussing morph is likely to prevent them being nightkilled if they’re town?
I was talking about Dannflor with Skitter in terms of the strategic implications of stating a scumread that you do not expect to go anywhere
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2443 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 2:04 am

Post by Bingle »

Sure, which is why I asked for the punnet square. But literally nothing about what you’re saying is a link, it’s just a “Bingle is being weird, I think he’s scum”
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2444 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 2:04 am

In post 2437, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:

don't
I don't really think about my reads (or when to share them) this way >.>

Also thinking abt it again i do think bingle could be a partner with sunflower
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2445 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 2:05 am

In post 2443, Bingle wrote: Sure, which is why I asked for the punnet square. But literally nothing about what you’re saying is a link, it’s just a “Bingle is being weird, I think he’s scum”
the point of the link is to reaction test you
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2446 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 2:06 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2442, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 2439, Bingle wrote: Do you really think me sussing morph is likely to prevent them being nightkilled if they’re town?
I was talking about Dannflor with Skitter in terms of the strategic implications of stating a scumread that you do not expect to go anywhere
The question doesn’t change much whether it’s about me or Dannflor
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2447 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 2:06 am

In post 2434, Bingle wrote: @skitter It’s kind of frustrating to me that that is a perfect description of how I feel about you and I don’t see a way around it.
How i'm describing you or how i'm describing penguin?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2448 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 2:06 am

like if you're mafia and you're whiteknighting sunflower, you're more likely to ignore me because sflower flip -> murder bingle is not a threat to you since you know sflower will flip town.

whereas if you're mafia and you're defending scum sunflower, you're more likely to engage me since sflower flip -> murder bingle is a threat since you know sflower will flip mafia.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2449 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 2:07 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2445, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 2443, Bingle wrote: Sure, which is why I asked for the punnet square. But literally nothing about what you’re saying is a link, it’s just a “Bingle is being weird, I think he’s scum”
the point of the link is to reaction test you
Okay. Can I get the punnet square now?

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”