Shell Game (Night 3)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:37 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

yoink
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:38 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: Klick
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:38 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 969, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 967, Klick wrote: Spiffeh just seems towny to me. I haven't critically analysed my own thought process there, and doing so seems like busywork instead of legitimately helpful when no one is actually voicing a scumread on Spiffeh
This is not true. I am scumreading Spiffeh. Morph is scumreading Spiffeh.
I could have sworn I saw something from morph indicating one of them thought Spiffeh-town
But I haven't been very closely following morph's posts since I decided they were town
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:42 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 970, Hermit Crab wrote: Can you elaborate more on the Firebagel/Oblivion reads?

I thought Firebagel's write-off of Oblivion as town in felt genuine
Overall my assessment of Firebagel is that she seems comfortable and wants to have fun and solve in a way that matches with a town perspective
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:46 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 976, Dunnstral wrote: VOTE: Klick
Why are you voting for me?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:48 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I do not buy your perspective. You are clearing some players too easily and not paying attention to others. I do not think you have believable scumreads, except for Sunflower
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:49 pm

Post by Oblivion »

Oh boy. It has the sense it is going to struggle with the speed of this game. It will begin to read at this moment, from where it left off, but if users had questions for it sufficient it could engage with them and begin mental modelling it would strongly prefer live interaction to combing through 30 pages.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

And you, who have your human heart again, know all their secrets still.
This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
no one else has ever loved this way before.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:53 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 980, Dunnstral wrote: I do not buy your perspective. You are clearing some players too easily and not paying attention to others. I do not think you have believable scumreads, except for Sunflower
What makes you think that I have any scumreads aside from Sunflower?
Who do you think im clearing too easily?
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:54 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 163, Spiffeh wrote: You seem to be concerned by both and I disagree with your stated reasons, particularly with Firebagel. I don't think anything about the quoted post you pointed out was hostile.

Dunn is currently my strongest town-read, for whatever that's worth seven pages into the game.
It actually has Firebagel as town. The issue is, the manner in which bagel entered created a lot of chaos that it needs to sort through. There is value for it in being able to become certain beyond certain doubt levels of Bagel's mental model and to mark them as town, because if it can do that it can reliably stake its life against killing them and prevent what looked like to it as an easy elimination that may occur later. To be honest, it worries about that kind of thing. It would rather solve slots like that now than in many many pages where paranoia takes over. It trusts itself in that manner.

It... will need an explaination of how Dunn can be your strongest town read. If possible, please only use evidence from Page 7 or before, since that is where this read originates from.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:59 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 982, Klick wrote: What makes you think that I have any scumreads aside from Sunflower?
In post you agree that strikethroughs are your townreads and bolded names are your scumreads/concerns.

You also clearly split up your list.

In post 982, Klick wrote: Who do you think im clearing too easily?
Spiffeh, Pooky, Oblivion, ActionDan, Firebagel, Brian Skies, Firebringer

If you are locking someone as town for 1 post they made in the first few pages of the game I do not find that believable at this point.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:00 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 317, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 294, morph the cat wrote: Your answer kinda answers your question. Why are you so curious about this?
I am trying to figure out why you ended up responding to that reads list seriously. Like I think that that reads list voiced between 0 to two (MAX) actual reads in in, so seeing you respond to it seriously raised questions.

For reference, Pooky's reads list was:
-The three people pooky bantered with about being/claiming scum on page 1 in the scum pile (, , )
-Firebringer in the highest possible town pile, as consistent with the dynamic between the two, where firebringer claims scum, and pooky calls him lock town, and firebringer pretends to be offended that pooky could even consider that a possibility. This played out in this very game before the reads list.
-PenguinPower, who has made 0 posts, in town. Once again, this appears to be a Pooky+PP dynamic, as I am like 90% sure I have seen pooky say basically the same thing as fb's .

That leaves the only two that had any chance of having *any* substance behind them being the STD and the Ydra/skitter hydra reads.

I am not familiar with pooky having a dynamic with them like the PP or FB one, so that is where I see the possibility of 0-2 actual reads being expressed here, but overall this just seems like the culmination of his early banter.

So seeing you respond, with specific critiques, made me wonder how you got there.
There is a lot to dive into here, but this post has a very interesting mentality. It is going to take a few guesses which have every possibility to be wrong, but you come across as paranoid or afraid here. How can it explain... like if you were staring down the barrel of something you have a healthy fear and respect for arguing that another thing in the distance isn't being given enough respect or concern for its threat either?

Can you elaborate on what your mental model of Morph and Pooky as players are is? For reference, that is simply how you view their playstyles, capabilities, talents, failings and such, and your confidence level in being able to interpret them for a correct result a % of the time with this knowledge.
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:05 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 372, morph the cat wrote: NGL I (Neuter) was pretty pleased to be at the top of your middle until I realized it was probably because we were first in the player list order.
Is this slot the kind of player to be this bold and open with statements like this in general? This feels like something that it would generally townread a player for having the bravery to say.
But not older.

Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:07 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

In post 671, Sunflower wrote: i wanna explain things but some people don't like that for some reason zzzzzzzzz

:blossom:
Does this response seem off to you too, morph? Context was right around the whole dethy reveal.
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:08 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

In post 986, Oblivion wrote:
In post 372, morph the cat wrote: NGL I (Neuter) was pretty pleased to be at the top of your middle until I realized it was probably because we were first in the player list order.
Is this slot the kind of player to be this bold and open with statements like this in general? This feels like something that it would generally townread a player for having the bravery to say.
Yes, that is on brand for that slot.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:10 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 987, Hermit Crab wrote:
In post 671, Sunflower wrote: i wanna explain things but some people don't like that for some reason zzzzzzzzz

Does this response seem off to you too, morph? Context was right around the whole dethy reveal.
Pretty much everything is out now so they should feel comfortable sharing now
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:10 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 988, Hermit Crab wrote:
Tell it more about your impression of that slot and how it approaches games, and if possible can you compare it to how you approach games by manner of contrast?
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:10 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 987, Hermit Crab wrote:

Wait, what do you mean by dethy reveal?
But not older.

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:12 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 981, Oblivion wrote: Oh boy. It has the sense it is going to struggle with the speed of this game. It will begin to read at this moment, from where it left off, but if users had questions for it sufficient it could engage with them and begin mental modelling it would strongly prefer live interaction to combing through 30 pages.
im curious if youre up to speed with the whole thing about the dephy hood. if not i suggest reading on that and coming back its the #hottesttopic rn.

-

fuck

if someones frustrated do you think its more likely to be scum or town

(anyone respond to this)
Firebagel
Firebagel
she
Goon
Firebagel
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:13 pm

Post by Firebagel »

In post 981, Oblivion wrote: Oh boy. It has the sense it is going to struggle with the speed of this game. It will begin to read at this moment, from where it left off, but if users had questions for it sufficient it could engage with them and begin mental modelling it would strongly prefer live interaction to combing through 30 pages.
Word. I just spent like two hours reading to get caught up. :dead:

I have some concerns about the setup and how everyone is just accepting that a hood is set up a particular way, given that this game is literally called "shell game" and the mod clearly knows what that is. :o
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:14 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

In post 990, Oblivion wrote:
Tell it more about your impression of that slot and how it approaches games, and if possible can you compare it to how you approach games by manner of contrast?
We approach games in a very similar manner, with them being much more comfortable in a leading spot than myself. Both of us tend towards a more process of elimination style of play, preferably more conversational. They also are more focused on reserving opinions until they have data, whereas I can tend to be a bit headstrong.

Does this suffice?

Chuck Rab
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:14 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

In post 993, Firebagel wrote:
Word. I just spent like two hours reading to get caught up. :dead:

I have some concerns about the setup and how everyone is just accepting that a hood is set up a particular way, given that this game is literally called "shell game" and the mod clearly knows what that is. :o
Town post?
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:15 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 994, Hermit Crab wrote:
In post 990, Oblivion wrote:
We approach games in a very similar manner, with them being much more comfortable in a leading spot than myself. Both of us tend towards a more process of elimination style of play, preferably more conversational. They also are more focused on reserving opinions until they have data, whereas I can tend to be a bit headstrong.

Does this suffice?

Chuck Rab
It helps quite a bit. May it provide a hypothetical situation and have you describe how you would handle it and then how you believe morph would?
But not older.

Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:16 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

Sure, and I’m sure morph will tease me if I’m incorrect.
Firebagel
Firebagel
she
Goon
Firebagel
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:18 pm

Post by Firebagel »

In post 992, marcistar wrote:
if someones frustrated do you think its more likely to be scum or town

(anyone respond to this)
Probably largely dependent on the person and the situation; I know people can townread frustration easily but that can be dangerous.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:18 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 997, Hermit Crab wrote: Sure, and I’m sure morph will tease me if I’m incorrect.
You are town and a player claims a guitly against you, how do you react?
But not older.

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”