Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by Jebus »

I only picked out people I was feeling scum from, three just so happened to be the number I used. Out of fourteen people, though, I'd actually suspect four mafia rather than three.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Reclusion wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:Could you explain where you see that post as saying Jebus knows how many scum there are?
Sure. Jebus's first post mentioning her thoughts about the scum team:
Jebus, in 111, wrote:A semi-educated guess as to this games mafia would be BM, Reclusion, and Yaw, though I doubt that'd really lead to much.
The above quote implies a three-person scum team.
I'd have to disagree on that, actually. I sometimes state that I think the mafia are X and Y when I think there are 3, just because I don't know who else could be a part of that group.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I doubt it tbh. Generally it's 16-20 players for a scumgroup of 4...3:1 ratio and all that. But it is possible.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

hasdgfas wrote:
Reclusion wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:Could you explain where you see that post as saying Jebus knows how many scum there are?
Sure. Jebus's first post mentioning her thoughts about the scum team:
Jebus, in 111, wrote:A semi-educated guess as to this games mafia would be BM, Reclusion, and Yaw, though I doubt that'd really lead to much.
The above quote implies a three-person scum team.
I'd have to disagree on that, actually. I sometimes state that I think the mafia are X and Y when I think there are 3, just because I don't know who else could be a part of that group.
I see what you mean, but Jebus's comment did kinda sound to me like she was naming who she thought all the mafia were. The "this games mafia" I think is what does it. But I don't think it's all that important.

My opinions so far the only thing really, i'm not getting a good feeling from Hasd. I'm not sure why. But I do always seem to struggle to get good reads on Hasd. Scum could well be trying to lie low, too. I've been yelled for starting lurker hunts too early before though...:P
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Would it be a good idea for everyone to claim how many mafia they think are in the game? I think it could help some. Like if everyone thinks there's 3, or 4..?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by Yaw »

No. What's the point? Nobody other than the scum has the slightest clue about numbers, and the scum don't have the slightest clue about anything outside their group. Until we've had a night, there's no information to be gained from that sort of exercise.
Success breeds suspicion
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:56 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Well, in the least it tells us how many scum each person are saying they're looking for. And also, I was thinking it might lead scum into revealing their group size.

Also, you imply it would be useful on subsequent days.

How would it be useful later on, but not today?
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by Yaw »

Well, I don't think it's useful overall. There's always the possibility of stuff like cults (though I certainly hope not) to screw with numbers. It's useful to know how many groups there are, but we're going to know that more or less by how many kills there are at night anyway.

There's also the problem that 3-person groups are standard, so everyone's going to assume that anyway, meaning you've wasted everyone's time to get no information at all -- nobody, including scum, would know how many groups of scum there are in this game. Besides, any plan that assumes idiocy as a prerequisite for success isn't a good one.
Success breeds suspicion
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:39 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Ugh, Cult would be annoying...I liked cults when I first started playing, but I really don't like the changing alignment thing. Cults should be open games only :P

And I didn't assume idiocy.
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:46 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

I'm getting negative vibes from Yaw. He's really pessimistic. I just give a comment and he (I can see him in front of me with a serious face, thinking 'Are you trying to be funny. Truth is you're not') says 'No'. Next time, we'll play a game together you can expect my random vote with as reason: '1: This is a game. Having fun is a requirement. You broke this rule in our previous game.' Just to tell you already.
Besides, I was talking about my 'conversation' with xtoxm, where we were talking about K7 and his lurking style. After this talk, he came.

For those who random voted or voted Alvinz based upon lurking, do you agree with Reclusion's posts (meaning all of them where Alvinz is mentioned) about Alvinz?

Now that we're talking about the votes against Alvinz, why did you vote him BM?

Besides, it's funny that K7 suggests stronger posting rules. :)
K7, what do you think of all those votes against you?

Jebus, are those chosen as they give you a scummy vibe (I'm talking about BM, Reclusion and Yaw). If not can you explain why? Also, I'm not sure, but I didn't saw anyone asking you about who you see as scummy. If nobody asked you, then why did you start about it?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:54 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Yeh, why the hell would you say who you thought was scum? I've never seen that before. Jebus has gotta be scum... :P
chazworthington
chazworthington
Goon
chazworthington
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:02 am

Post by chazworthington »

Xtoxm wrote:On page 1? I don't believe anyone could really believe a wagon on page one is liekly to lead to a lynch.

The fact that the votee was a chronic lurker on top of a quick 4th and 5th vote makes me think its possible the play was oppertunistic and much less likely to be questioned.
chazworthington
chazworthington
Goon
chazworthington
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:11 am

Post by chazworthington »

Mana_Ku wrote: @Chaz WTH?
Why are you already talking about easy targets, while the day has just started. Besides why do you see BM as an 'easy target'? And those votes against K7 where to me mostly because he lurks in most of his games. However I wasn't in those games and thanks to me his attitude will change. Have faith :).
Also you mention BM as both an 'easy target' and as opportunistic. Could you explain your thoughts about BM?
I'm saying that from a scum perspective, both Battle Mage and k7 would be easy targets for lynching based on their previous play. You even said it yourself: people voted for k7 because he lurks in most games. Scum can easily pile onto that wagon without fear of looking opportunistic.

My thoughts on Battle Mage are limited: I know there are enough comments about his play on this site from when he first started and because of that, I think he'd be another easy target for bandwagoning. However, I don't know what led to the "most improved" title under his avatar, and I have not metaed him so I am using old information here.

I stand by my statement that Battlemage's and iamuser's vote on K7 could easily have been scum making an easily disguised opportunistic vote.
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:46 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

You shouldn't underestimate BM. He's tough and everyone who attacks him has to admit after a while how great he is. Besides, when he's started he won't stop. Then you'll know how great he is in creating discussion. You'll be amazed what he can do. <sarcasm, except for his discussion abilities>

Chaz, I really don't see BM as an 'easy target'

xtoxm, I meant that as far as I know, he started talking about it without someone asking him. And that at the start of day 1. Like he said by himself, it's too early to know. If there is someone who sees someone as scummy, with the exception of 'that player is scum, because he lurks' then that would be pretty impressive. He based it upon their playing style if I'm correct. That's why I don't like it.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:53 am

Post by Xtoxm »

You shouldn't underestimate BM. He's tough and everyone who attacks him has to admit after a while how great he is.
Not really.
xtoxm, I meant that as far as I know, he started talking about it without someone asking him. And that at the start of day 1.
I see nothing wrong with that. You other point is valid though, imo.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Xtoxm »

And BM appears to be lurking, by his standards.

My 100% realiable meta of 1 game says BM-lurker = Scum.

Unvote Vote BM
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:01 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

Nothing wrong with telling, but I don't like it that it's based upon playing styles while the game is only 6 pages long.

I agree, BM is lurking. BM, I know you can do more. Why are you disappointing you're number one fan in her first game together with her idol?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:05 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Lol.

BM's usually a disappointment. I thought I was dying to get a scum killed, but no. BM was just being an ass.
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:10 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

Really? And I had high hopes from him. But luckily you're still here ;)
What did you mean in your previous post with BM just being an ass?

Just to stay a bit ontopic, not like last time, what do others think of BM right now?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:24 am

Post by Xtoxm »

We're both dead in an ongoing game, but I still can't reference anything...When said game is finished i'll do so... ;)

It's not much important anyway...Unless said incident recurrs, lol.
Reclusion
Reclusion
Goon
Reclusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:44 am

Post by Reclusion »

Not defending Battle Mage here but his very last post on site was his last post in this game. He seems to currently be absent site-wide.

Mod:
Could we get prods on Netman and iamausername?
[ooc][i][color=red]Blue.[/color][/i][/ooc] [ooc][b][color=blue]Green.[/color][/b][/ooc] [ooc][u][color=green]Red.[/color][/u][/ooc]
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:47 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I believe prods are issued automatically this one...But if not, add BM to that list :P
Reclusion
Reclusion
Goon
Reclusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:51 am

Post by Reclusion »

And
*poof*
a quick post to change my title from Goon to Mafia Scum. ^_^
[ooc][i][color=red]Blue.[/color][/i][/ooc] [ooc][b][color=blue]Green.[/color][/b][/ooc] [ooc][u][color=green]Red.[/color][/u][/ooc]
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:48 am

Post by iamausername »

I need no prod.
chazworthington wrote:
vote: iamuser
for voting with a grudge
To clarify, which of my two votes so far does this refer to?
killa seven wrote:Why is iamusername voting me?
iamausername wrote:This is the very best of bandwagons
I thought that was pretty clear.
Xtoxm wrote:Yeh, why the hell would you say who you thought was scum? I've never seen that before. Jebus has gotta be scum... :P
QFTing this.
Unvote, Vote: Mana Ku
. Why are you discouraging anyone from talking about who they find scummy?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

Mana_Ku wrote:I'm getting negative vibes from Yaw. He's really pessimistic. I just give a comment and he (I can see him in front of me with a serious face, thinking 'Are you trying to be funny. Truth is you're not') says 'No'. Next time, we'll play a game together you can expect my random vote with as reason: '1: This is a game. Having fun is a requirement. You broke this rule in our previous game.' Just to tell you already.
Besides, I was talking about my 'conversation' with xtoxm, where we were talking about K7 and his lurking style. After this talk, he came.

For those who random voted or voted Alvinz based upon lurking, do you agree with Reclusion's posts (meaning all of them where Alvinz is mentioned) about Alvinz?

Now that we're talking about the votes against Alvinz, why did you vote him BM?

Besides, it's funny that K7 suggests stronger posting rules. :)
K7, what do you think of all those votes against you?

Jebus, are those chosen as they give you a scummy vibe (I'm talking about BM, Reclusion and Yaw). If not can you explain why? Also, I'm not sure, but I didn't saw anyone asking you about who you see as scummy. If nobody asked you, then why did you start about it?
Vote against BM was a RANDOM VOTE. Now I'm going to keep it cause' he came back being OMGUSy on a random vote, and now lurking.
Is back.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”