Open 97 - Lovers Mafia (Over in 3 days!) before 703

andersonw
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 16, 2008
Pronoun: He

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:31 am

There was once a small town. So small, in fact, that it only had 7 citizens.
Two of those six people were deeply in love with each other. They didn't want to let anyone else know that, though, for marrying was strictly forbidden in this town, and they knew that they would be ridiculed and forced to leave.
One day, those two people decided to take matters into their own hands.

This morning, the mayor was found dead with a gun wound. The fate of the other 6 inhabitants is up to you.


Current Status: Town wins!

Still living - 3/6
JDodge (Townie)-Survived
Battousai (Townie)-Survived
Adel (Townie)-Survived

Not still living - 3/6
Guardian (Townie)-Lynched day 1
SensFan (Mafia Lover)-Lynched day 2
Lord Gurgi (Mafia Lover)-Suicided day 2
Last edited by andersonw on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.

andersonw
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 16, 2008
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:31 am

Rules:(borrowed off some various people)
1. Have fun, this is a game, don't be a jerk.
2. I may mess up (like on votecounts). If I do, please say so in thread or PM me.

Voting:
3. Please vote in the form Vote: banana (I will still count it if the colon isn't there, but it has to be bold).
4. I will not require unvotes, but please try to remember to make it easier on me. Unvote in the form Unvote: banana
5. You may vote for a no lynch, but that would be pointless, considering that this game has no nights.

Lynching, Deadlines, etc.:
6. If any player gains the majority of votes, that person will be lynched, and the game will go into twilight until I post the lynch scene (you may still post during this time).
7. When you die, you may make a "bah!" post, but nothing game-related.
8. Each day will have a deadline of 3 weeks. I may extend it if there is much discussion/people get replaced.
9. At deadline, the person with the most votes is lynched, regardless of how many votes that person has.
10. If it looks like there's going to be a tie, I will say what happens when the time comes.

Activity:
11. Please post at least once every 72 hours.
12. If you're going to be away for more than that amount, please PM me or post a V/LA notice in the thread, so I don't prod/replace you when you are gone.
13. I will prod you if you have gone at least 72 hours without posting. Once you receive 4 prods, you will be replaced.

Other:
14. Don't edit/delete your posts. Don't use encrypted text. Don't use white or small text (but big text is okay). My color will be red.
15. If you are not one of the two mafia, do not discuss this game with anyone outside the thread.
16. Have fun, this is a game, don't be a jerk.

andersonw
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 16, 2008
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:31 am

The Setup:

This game is night-less (meaning when you lynch someone, you go into the next day).

Four players received this PM:
Code: Select all
You are a Townie. You have no nightchoice. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.


Two players received this PM:
Code: Select all
You are a member of the mafia, and a lover with XXXX. If one of you is lynched, the other will commit suicide. The two of you may talk privately prior to the beginning of Day 1. I have set up a private Quicktopic thread for you at:

You win when at least half of the living players are mafia.


The game will start when everyone confirms.

Important edit to the roles: The mafia/lovers will be allowed to talk during the day, not only pregame.

andersonw
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 16, 2008
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:58 pm

Everyone has confirmed. It is now day 1. With 6 alive, it is 4 to lynch.

Good luck.

Adel
Crystalline Logick
 
User avatar
Joined: May 23, 2007
Location: Central Oregon / High Desert
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:02 pm

vote: Guardian for lurking.

SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
 
User avatar
Joined: November 11, 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:03 pm

Vote: Adel because I can.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record

Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2004
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:05 pm

Adel wrote:vote: Guardian for lurking.
Vote: Guardian NAL.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough

Battousai
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2007
Location: Indiana

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:29 pm

Vote: Adel, only the cool players vote Adel

Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2004
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:24 am

Battousai wrote:Vote: Adel, only the cool players vote Adel
:(
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough

JDodge
Accept it
 
User avatar
Joined: May 06, 2005
Location: Atop my cloud
Pronoun: He

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:25 am

Vote: Battousai

Hi scum.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?

Adel
Crystalline Logick
 
User avatar
Joined: May 23, 2007
Location: Central Oregon / High Desert
Pronoun: She

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:31 am

:( Guardian is still lurking

JDodge
Accept it
 
User avatar
Joined: May 06, 2005
Location: Atop my cloud
Pronoun: He

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:58 am

I call this as Battousai-Guardian. Y'all can go home now.

Battousai jumped on Adel after Flimsy placed the second vote on Guardian, indicating a strong wish to develop a counter-wagon to the Guardian wagon, indicating a clear perservatory link, indicating a clear scumpair. Thanks for playing.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?

Guardian
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2007
Location: Warning: Always looks scummy. Is town.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:29 am

who the hell took so long to confirm?

jdodge's logic re: battosoi's counterwagon thing is interesting, but I hardly think anyone was going to lynch me page 1, so I'm not sure why battosoi as my partner would do something that obvious. it seems a lil off of jdodge to suggest it cuz hes pretty good. omgus/fos: jdodge.

part of me likes battosoi-adel with that second vote, since battosoi could easily have voted someone else, too.

btw:

Y'all know the MOS-plan for vengeful or whatever? You select a player to be "MOS" and never lynch them and that improves your chances of winning. A similar strategy applies here I think.

Normal play:
1/3 chance of winning day 1.
2/3 * 2/5 chance of winning day 2
1/3 + 2/3 * 2/5 (4/15) = 9/15

If we select a "MOS"
2/3 town mos:
2/5 chance of winning day 1
3/5 * 1/2 chance of winning day 2
4/10 + 3/10 = 7/10 chance if town mos
7/10 * 2/3 = 7/15

1/3 scum mos:
1/5 chance day 1
4/5 * 1/4 chance day 2
1/5 + 1/5 = 2/10 * 1/3 = 1/15

total chance of winning 8/15.

um. dang nevermind. Maybe I did maths wrong, its 4:30 am. someone else recheck this.

anyways im gonna vote 4 bat- Battousai. his 2nd vote on the 2nd waogn is a lil funny.

vote: Battousai

JDodge
Accept it
 
User avatar
Joined: May 06, 2005
Location: Atop my cloud
Pronoun: He

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:35 am

Guardian wrote:who the hell took so long to confirm?

jdodge's logic re: battosoi's counterwagon thing is interesting, but I hardly think anyone was going to lynch me page 1, so I'm not sure why battosoi as my partner would do something that obvious. it seems a lil off of jdodge to suggest it cuz hes pretty good. omgus/fos: jdodge.


Your suspicion is based on complete and utter WIFOM based on "if he was my partner, i doubt he'd do anything that obvious". And then suspicion based on "you're better than this".

1. Good is relative. That makes your second point irrelevant.

2. The first is irrelevant. The point is not that he thought someone was going to lynch you, the point is that he wanted to take any possible pressure off of you.

Guardian wrote:part of me likes battosoi-adel with that second vote, since battosoi could easily have voted someone else, too.


Bullshit. Are you saying that it would've been better if Batt had put Adel at -1? You're creating a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" argument here.

Guardian wrote:btw:

Y'all know the MOS-plan for vengeful or whatever? You select a player to be "MOS" and never lynch them and that improves your chances of winning. A similar strategy applies here I think.

Normal play:
1/3 chance of winning day 1.
2/3 * 2/5 chance of winning day 2
1/3 + 2/3 * 2/5 (4/15) = 9/15

If we select a "MOS"
2/3 town mos:
2/5 chance of winning day 1
3/5 * 1/2 chance of winning day 2
4/10 + 3/10 = 7/10 chance if town mos
7/10 * 2/3 = 7/15

1/3 scum mos:
1/5 chance day 1
4/5 * 1/4 chance day 2
1/5 + 1/5 = 2/10 * 1/3 = 1/15


No. Your second example fully proves why it's a bad idea. Furthermore, since hitting just one scum ends the game in a town win, we need all players as possible plays for the lynch. You're trying to set yourself up into an impenetrable position where you won't be lynched. It's not working. Your bussing attempts are incredibly transparent at this point.

Unvote, vote: Guardian

It's -1, people. Stay wary.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?

Guardian
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2007
Location: Warning: Always looks scummy. Is town.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:37 am

hm or Battousai jdodge.

that would explain why jdodge's reason for voting Battousai is iffy.

I am never gonna get your name right without copy paste Battousai. Can you come up with a short memorable nickname for yourself? :(

Guardian
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2007
Location: Warning: Always looks scummy. Is town.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:37 am

simulpost -- in which jdodge immediately abandons his vote on Battousai.

i am watching your internetz closely jdodge.

JDodge
Accept it
 
User avatar
Joined: May 06, 2005
Location: Atop my cloud
Pronoun: He

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:38 am

Guardian wrote:hm or Battousai jdodge.

that would explain why jdodge's reason for voting Battousai is iffy.

I am never gonna get your name right without copy paste Battousai. Can you come up with a short memorable nickname for yourself? :(


My reason for Battousai being "iffy" is because it involved a heavy connection to you, and your OMGUS instinct kicked in.

DIESCUMDIE
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?

Guardian
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2007
Location: Warning: Always looks scummy. Is town.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:41 am

JDodge wrote:
Guardian wrote:who the hell took so long to confirm?

jdodge's logic re: battosoi's counterwagon thing is interesting, but I hardly think anyone was going to lynch me page 1, so I'm not sure why battosoi as my partner would do something that obvious. it seems a lil off of jdodge to suggest it cuz hes pretty good. omgus/fos: jdodge.


Your suspicion is based on complete and utter WIFOM based on "if he was my partner, i doubt he'd do anything that obvious". And then suspicion based on "you're better than this".

1. Good is relative. That makes your second point irrelevant.
how the hell does this follow?

JDodge wrote:2. The first is irrelevant. The point is not that he thought someone was going to lynch you, the point is that he wanted to take any possible pressure off of you.
thats dumb i can handle the pressure.

JDodge wrote:
Guardian wrote:part of me likes battosoi-adel with that second vote, since battosoi could easily have voted someone else, too.


Bullshit. Are you saying that it would've been better if Batt had put Adel at -1? You're creating a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" argument here.
no it wud be better if he voted a random 3rd person.

JDodge wrote:
Guardian wrote:btw:

Y'all know the MOS-plan for vengeful or whatever? You select a player to be "MOS" and never lynch them and that improves your chances of winning. A similar strategy applies here I think.

Normal play:
1/3 chance of winning day 1.
2/3 * 2/5 chance of winning day 2
1/3 + 2/3 * 2/5 (4/15) = 9/15

If we select a "MOS"
2/3 town mos:
2/5 chance of winning day 1
3/5 * 1/2 chance of winning day 2
4/10 + 3/10 = 7/10 chance if town mos
7/10 * 2/3 = 7/15

1/3 scum mos:
1/5 chance day 1
4/5 * 1/4 chance day 2
1/5 + 1/5 = 2/10 * 1/3 = 1/15


No. Your second example fully proves why it's a bad idea. Furthermore, since hitting just one scum ends the game in a town win, we need all players as possible plays for the lynch. You're trying to set yourself up into an impenetrable position where you won't be lynched. It's not working. Your bussing attempts are incredibly transparent at this point.
wtf i never even suggested myself as MOS. stop putting words in my mouth.

[quote=Jdodge"]My reason for Battousai being "iffy" is because it involved a heavy connection to you, and your OMGUS instinct kicked in.

DIESCUMDIE[/quote]No, its iffy cuz it is iffy. him doing that as scum doesnt make any sense.

if it DOES make sense why change your vote to me? cuz me finding your bad reason to be bad is suspicious?

Guardian
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2007
Location: Warning: Always looks scummy. Is town.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:46 am

edit:
Jdodge wrote:My reason for Battousai being "iffy" is because it involved a heavy connection to you, and your OMGUS instinct kicked in.

DIESCUMDIE
No, its iffy cuz it is iffy. him doing that as scum (with me) doesnt make any sense.

if it DOES make sense why change your vote to me? cuz me finding your bad reason to be bad is suspicious?

JDodge
Accept it
 
User avatar
Joined: May 06, 2005
Location: Atop my cloud
Pronoun: He

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:59 am

Guardian wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Guardian wrote:who the hell took so long to confirm?

jdodge's logic re: battosoi's counterwagon thing is interesting, but I hardly think anyone was going to lynch me page 1, so I'm not sure why battosoi as my partner would do something that obvious. it seems a lil off of jdodge to suggest it cuz hes pretty good. omgus/fos: jdodge.


Your suspicion is based on complete and utter WIFOM based on "if he was my partner, i doubt he'd do anything that obvious". And then suspicion based on "you're better than this".

1. Good is relative. That makes your second point irrelevant.
how the hell does this follow?


You are using the "Moving the goalpost" fallacy here. I state clear logical grounds (that good in mafia is relative), and you claim it to not follow enough. You originally claim tnat my basis is "not good enough", which is the moving the goalpost bit.

Guardian wrote:
JDodge wrote:2. The first is irrelevant. The point is not that he thought someone was going to lynch you, the point is that he wanted to take any possible pressure off of you.
thats dumb i can handle the pressure.


That's irrelevant (also no you can't).

Guardian wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Guardian wrote:part of me likes battosoi-adel with that second vote, since battosoi could easily have voted someone else, too.


Bullshit. Are you saying that it would've been better if Batt had put Adel at -1? You're creating a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" argument here.
no it wud be better if he voted a random 3rd person.


K, fine then. That point is irrelevant anyways.

Guardian wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Guardian wrote:btw:

Y'all know the MOS-plan for vengeful or whatever? You select a player to be "MOS" and never lynch them and that improves your chances of winning. A similar strategy applies here I think.

Normal play:
1/3 chance of winning day 1.
2/3 * 2/5 chance of winning day 2
1/3 + 2/3 * 2/5 (4/15) = 9/15

If we select a "MOS"
2/3 town mos:
2/5 chance of winning day 1
3/5 * 1/2 chance of winning day 2
4/10 + 3/10 = 7/10 chance if town mos
7/10 * 2/3 = 7/15

1/3 scum mos:
1/5 chance day 1
4/5 * 1/4 chance day 2
1/5 + 1/5 = 2/10 * 1/3 = 1/15


No. Your second example fully proves why it's a bad idea. Furthermore, since hitting just one scum ends the game in a town win, we need all players as possible plays for the lynch. You're trying to set yourself up into an impenetrable position where you won't be lynched. It's not working. Your bussing attempts are incredibly transparent at this point.
wtf i never even suggested myself as MOS. stop putting words in my mouth.


Hence the term "setting yourself up". Learn to read.

Guardian"[quote="Jdodge wrote:My reason for Battousai being "iffy" is because it involved a heavy connection to you, and your OMGUS instinct kicked in.

DIESCUMDIE
No, its iffy cuz it is iffy. him doing that as scum doesnt make any sense.

if it DOES make sense why change your vote to me? cuz me finding your bad reason to be bad is suspicious?[/quote]

Your argument is "It is because it is". Wonderful.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?

Adel
Crystalline Logick
 
User avatar
Joined: May 23, 2007
Location: Central Oregon / High Desert
Pronoun: She

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:21 am

Scum Fight!

y don't juz lynch Guardian now, plz?

Battousai
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2007
Location: Indiana

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:02 pm

Ok, I'll lynch guardian on page 1 :)

You wanna know the reason for the double wagon vote? To see how people would react. I didn't think it was scummy, though so I wasn't trying to see who would jump on me for being scummy.

Also, I haven't played with guardian, but I would think that L-2 on page 1 where both votes were random = pressure. That's just me though.

Concerning the scum pairs: I think it is pretty early to be calling them now. From the people that are active, the person I think is most likely scum is Adel (info after random vote).

Adel: What's your position on guardian-batt scum pair, adel-batt scum pair, or the one where I'm not scum? Instead of sitting back and watch two people have a "scum fight."

Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2004
Pronoun: He

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:11 pm

Adel wrote:Scum Fight!

y don't juz lynch Guardian now, plz?
Stop saying what I'm thinking before I think it.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough

Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2004
Pronoun: He

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:21 pm

JDodge is town. This is based on meta. It will additionally be based upon his response to this statement. Let's see where it goes.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough

Adel
Crystalline Logick
 
User avatar
Joined: May 23, 2007
Location: Central Oregon / High Desert
Pronoun: She

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:37 pm

Battousai wrote:Ok, I'll lynch guardian on page 1 :)

You wanna know the reason for the double wagon vote? To see how people would react. I didn't think it was scummy, though so I wasn't trying to see who would jump on me for being scummy.

Also, I haven't played with guardian, but I would think that L-2 on page 1 where both votes were random = pressure. That's just me though.

Concerning the scum pairs: I think it is pretty early to be calling them now. From the people that are active, the person I think is most likely scum is Adel (info after random vote).

Adel: What's your position on guardian-batt scum pair, adel-batt scum pair, or the one where I'm not scum? Instead of sitting back and watch two people have a "scum fight."

I think it is obvious that if Guardian isn't scum (though I think he is scum) then batt must be scum. I can't see Adel being scum with anyone else.

Next
[ + ]

Return to Completed Mini Normal Games